Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Home Decorating: Out with the old (brand new) T compactors

Communities > Forums > Home Decorating
bookmark
Forum: Home DecoratingReplies: 3, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

September 26, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #8121678

I have a brand new - original bags still in the drawer (11 years later!!) The compactor holds pot covers. We are redoing the kitchen but keeping the same cabinets. So I will have a space ~ 15 inches to fill. Thinking of putting a wine cooler in there but feel sort of silly since the fridge is about 10 feet from the space --and we are not trying to keep wine at specific temps etc...just chilled. The darn things are 600 bucks > several thousand(!!) I would like to put a pull out trash bin and some drawers on top for tin foil and food prep stuff. What cabinet space use/needs do you have that would wouldn't trade for anything??
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

September 26, 2010
7:31 AM

Post #8121680

I should correct the above to mention that my hubby is looking at a wine cooler and that I think the trash center would be more useful.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 26, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #8121696

15 inches sounds awfully small for a wine cooler--whatever one you'd find to fit in that space isn't going to hold very many bottles. The trash center would definitely fit better in the space.
missingrosie
Hillsborough, NC

September 26, 2010
8:08 AM

Post #8121738

Actually the 15 inch holds 34 bottles. For us, almost 3/4 of the year. My resistance is that the fridge works just fine for us to cool a few bottles of wine. I am seeking other ideas on how those narrow cabinets function for others. I have heard that there is a hydraulic shelf that can raise and lower items (for me ... it would be the food processor --I use it quite frequently and it may be nice to get it off the counter where because of its weight it has a permanent home.) There are so many inventive folks on DG that I figure maybe a few will share the 'I can't give up' functions they have for the narrow spaces.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Home Decorating Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Mexican theme, not for the faint of heart MollyMc 57 Jan 4, 2008 3:14 AM
Kitchen Makeover......There's no turning back now!! nminmd 163 Jul 31, 2007 1:21 AM
Removing Wallpaper GrannyLois 30 Aug 18, 2009 11:32 PM
Bedroom re-do Terry 42 Aug 16, 2014 11:12 PM
Re-do on the bedroom. What a difference! Badseed 45 Jan 23, 2009 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America