Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Autumn Interlude: wonderful autumn pics

Communities > Forums > Article: Autumn Interlude
bookmark
Forum: Article: Autumn InterludeReplies: 2, Views: 21
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
femailmailman
Mantua, NJ

September 27, 2010
5:54 AM

Post #8123417

Great PICS! Love the one looking up into the red-leafed tree! I am in South Jersey near Philadelphia-we have two wonderful autumn like weeks, then 3 days of summer. Ugh. Today it is raining, so I hope fall will be back when things clear.

We have a few tree starting to turn, love all the fall colors when they are here!
JulieQ
Cullman, AL
(Zone 7b)

September 27, 2010
8:51 AM

Post #8123736

Autumn is my favorite season! I remember a trip to northern New Mexico one October and the aspens were brilliant! Thanks for reminding me of that wonderful memory. Fall is a great time to explore and spend time outdoors.

My mums are already blooming here in Alabama, but I hope the cooler weather will make them last longer into the fall. I surprised this preying mantis with a bath when I was watering the other day. He must have enjoyed it because he was still there after I ran to get the camera. haha

Thumbnail by JulieQ
Click the image for an enlarged view.

BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

September 30, 2010
4:19 PM

Post #8130414

Hi there Female Mailman,

Thank you for your compliments on the photos. I took that photo when in the UK. I believe it was in Cambridge near a cafe' or something. Folks thought I was crazy when I laid down on the ground to get that photo. It was just so beautiful! I am wishing for you lots of wonderful colors before winter hits.

Thank you again,
Ben

Hi there Julie,

That makes me very happy that I brought that memory back for you. Our trip to Kebler Pass is scheduled in two weeks. We are excited. :)

I love your photo of the praying mantis after a bath. Excellent. You have captured a wonderful garden moment to treasure.

Thank you and all the very best,
Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Autumn Interlude Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
autumn chill Dollykat 2 Sep 30, 2010 4:14 PM
missing fall quietyard 1 Sep 30, 2010 4:26 PM
beautiful thoughts jrgardens 1 Oct 18, 2012 11:03 AM
C.W. McCall pattyd17 1 Oct 18, 2012 10:58 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America