Great Snack Lo Cal No Preserv's Gluten Free etc!

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

You all probably know about this - whenever I find something great I always hear "Oh I've known about that for years" but I thought I'd mention anyway - I found this baby cookie 'Mum-Mums.' Grand Gold winner for 2008 (says so on the box) There is a baby and a toddler type but I just found out about the toddler (reading the box)

Baked and No Preservatives
No artifical anything
Gluten, Egg and Peanut free (may contain traces of milk)
Two ~ 6 inch 'cookies' are 15 calories.

These things taste great - no kidding. I took a bite to see what the cookie tasted like - got it for my granddaughter. Original flavor and Veggie, and the Toddler is original and strawberry - made from rice.
Sweet too! Hits the spot for a snack - goes well with an apple or a piece of cheese or all by itself.

Got these at Walmart
Brand - "Hot-Kid"
Really Good - no kidding. No way am I going to share these now!

South, TX

Interesting! My fav. things is to bake Peanut butter cookies. Just peanut butter, egg, sugar/br sugar and vanilla. Good ingredients and fresh.

Sally - so no flour anywhere? what do the cookies look like? are they lacy? can you give recipe?

South, TX

You can look on allrecipes.com. Search flourless pbutter cookies! We got our recipe there. My hubby makes them usually, I help, ha. I have CFS and he is the main cook. He is coming home soon, I will ask him for the exact ingredients.

No flour is needed! The cookies are soft and FABULOUS!!! I have friends that make them now too.

I'm going to get it. I love to find recipes that are gluten free and / or that my grandson can make. No flour makes me happy because the kitchen won't be dusted with it. And, if the coookies taste great -- even better!!

Hi Sally
I found two there but not with the ingredients you mentioned. No br. sugar. Will you check with your hubby? Thanks so much.

South, TX

Here you go. 1 cup of peanut butter, one egg and 1/2 cup of brown and 1/2 cup white sugar. Also, you can add a little vanilla, HUM. My hubby also uses a tsp of baking soda. No flour. VERY GOOD!

You make balls and then use the fork with sugar on it to slightly flatten. He cooks them for 11 mins. 350degrees. Tell me how it goes!

I will. Maybe Ben can put a candy corn on the top and take to school --- but I think nowadays no food allowed to be brought in. Gone are the days of bringing in cupcakes for the birthday kid.

South, TX

WOW, that is sad, no goodies... Fun while it lasted. :(

This message was edited Oct 2, 2010 7:24 PM

yeah, I sort of understand - but all those years I was in school and then my kids (now in their 30's) I never heard one story of any issues with allergies etc., but I certainly understand it. It can be dangerous for an allergic person to get exposure.....and not so hot for that child to be excluded from the goodies.

South, TX

What a goof I am. You said no egg and low cal! I don't know anything for that.

Yes, I know there are so many allergies now. Just really sad to now have fun things in school. No PE, Music etc either!

No problem - I just thought the mummum's would be good for those who have those allergies and for those that would like to have something to snack on besides the usuals for lo cal.. No allergies to worry about here except my bro has celiac disease and so no glutens. I ate no glutens for almost two years to experience the diet and because I heard there was more energy on it (there was)

South, TX

I am on a Gfree diet also. I am not a Celiac but I have Dysautonomia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have read a lot about how many people do better without gluten. I have been off of Gluten for only 2 1/2 months or so.

It ain't easy. But after a while it is very manageable --except when eating out. I think kitchens are coated in flour and for those who are allergic --even a tiny drop (on a utensil) can set off that inflammatory response.

South, TX

I am glad I do not have an allergy to flour. I know it must be awful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images