-
AuthorContent
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 4, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #8138206

Anyone know a good product to fade age spots. I think I read in Good Housekeeping that Acti-Fade worked well. It's about $45 for a small jar, so was wondering if anyone knew of something that worked. I do, however, hate to get rid of my grandchildren's favorite past-time which is connecting the 'dots' on my hands. LOL
TriciasArbonne
Tulsa, OK
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2011
12:05 AM

Post #8491990

Arbonne Revelage

http://www.arbonne.com/products/anti-aging/revelage/minimizer.asp

It even has a 45 day money back guarantee.
dawamart111
India

May 2, 2012
2:38 AM

Post #9106723

Anyone know a good product to fade age spots. I think I read in Good Housekeeping that Acti-Fade worked well. It's about $45 for a small jar, so was wondering if anyone knew of something that worked. I do, however, hate to get rid of my grandchildren's favorite past-time which is connecting the 'dots' on my hands. LOL

http://www.dawamart.com/
Mountaindweller
Dolan Springs, AZ
(Zone 9a)

May 7, 2012
2:07 PM

Post #9114354

There are a couple of old time remedies that I have looked into for myself-lemon juice on the spots is supposed to eventually clear them up, and castor oil, also. I have noticed with the castor oil that it seems to be helping with the wrinkles, too.
I have a lot of mistrust for todays chemical fixes, so anything natural is worth trying for me.
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

January 28, 2014
1:24 AM

Post #9757138

Age spots are normally a sign of sun damage by having the skin exposed to it for many years. Mixture of apple cider vinegar and onion juice can help you get rid of age spots when applied to skin, aloe Vera juice or gel can also be used because it is known as a general healing agent for skin problems, lemon is also good because the acid in it helps fade the appearance of age spot.

speediebean

speediebean
Somewhere in, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2014
3:24 AM

Post #9757171

Cherry, thank you! I have noticed I'm starting to get these spots on my hands the last few years... must be from all the time I spend out-of-doors at work. I use a sunscreen SPF 50 FAITHFULLY, all over, but it seems all the watering I do outside just washes it off faster than I can re-apply. I've got tons of onions, however, and I always have apple cider vinegar... how would I use this, please? What is the mixture ratio? Apply with a cotton swab? How often? Thank you! =)
Cherry08
Sydney
Australia

February 27, 2014
6:49 PM

Post #9778355

Onion juice can be readily bought from grocery. A 1:2 ratio of onion-vinegar was the best combination. Once the mixture is completed, apply it directly on the dark spots in the morning. Let it soak in for several minutes and then rinse off in the shower. At night you do the same process except you will soak the bandage or piece of cotton cloth in the mixture and stay it for overnight then rinse off. You need to use hand gloves when gardening, do the laundry, washing dishes to protect your hands.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beauty and Fashion Tips Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
mascara doghouse 22 Apr 10, 2009 1:15 AM
What base foundation do you use? konkreteblond 38 Jul 11, 2008 5:18 PM
Fine hair, help please! IO1 89 Dec 12, 2010 5:00 AM
Not meant to be ? renwings 34 May 13, 2009 10:08 PM
imitation diamond anastatia 12 Jan 8, 2009 7:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America