Photo by Melody

Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous: Hibiscus Newbie Needs Help

Communities > Forums > Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous
bookmark
Forum: Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and FabulousReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pjmd891
Kearney, MO

October 9, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #8146550

It's time to bring my Hibiscus in for the winter. I removed it from it's pot and planted it earlier this year. It's done well and I'm hoping to enjoy it's bright orange blooms for years.

How far from the shrub to I need to start the edge of the dig so I make sure I don't nick important roots? How deep do I dig? Thanks for your help. My 4 yr old grandson and I planted this one together so it's got some sentimental value.

Maddog2020
Houma, LA

January 16, 2012
6:41 AM

Post #8969668

I pull my cajun Hibiscus out of their pots and trim the roots. Slide them back in with a little fresh soil. You need to dig 12 inches from base all around to start. Then you can wash and trim roots to fit pots.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Tropical Hibiscus - Fragile, Fleeting, and Fabulous Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
WOW MitchF 2 Jan 21, 2008 9:07 PM
Great article doccat5 4 Jan 22, 2008 12:41 AM
Enjoyed the article Braveheartsmom 3 Jan 21, 2008 9:09 PM
Great job, Shari LarryR 2 Jan 22, 2008 4:08 AM
Bonnie's Bargain Basement BonniesBasement 2 Jan 25, 2010 5:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America