Travel destinations, what are your favorites # 2

S of Lake Ontario, NY(Zone 6a)

Coming from here
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1127710/

Havre de Grace, MD, a relaxing little get away. I'll be back with more in a bit.

This message was edited Oct 9, 2010 5:40 PM

Thumbnail by debi_k
Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Well, Ric, there's always next year! :)

We enjoy this little town and make it a stop over on the way to other places. Best crab cakes ever at the Tidewater Grill. Romantic outdoor seating, and we (DH) get to watch the trains go by.

Thumbnail by debi_k

And a walk on the boardwalk up to the Concord lighthouse.

Thumbnail by debi_k
Thomaston, CT

Pretty area.....I always liked crossing the Chesapeake Bay Bridge...not the tunnels, though!

not yet, but that looks pretty cool, or rather, hot!
you?

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

No, but it does look nice.

Thomaston, CT

Wonder if it's hot enough in Jan. Would love to plop in.....

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

My local paper had an article and a link to an interactive website for planning trips to Australia. Thought you might like to take a look - http://www.nothinglikeaustralia.com

We're probably going to Quebec this summer. Will do Amtrak to Montreal, spend a few days there, and rent a car and drive to Quebec City. We will be going with my CT friends.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sounds like a great trip!! How is your wife feeling today? Have you dodged it?

She is starting to feel better, thanks. So far I have avoided it, knock wood.

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Knock knock!! :) Good to hear she is feeling better!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Two hours WEST of Montreal is Ottawa - Canada's National Capital! If you can manage time come this way too. http://www.ottawatourism.ca/en/visitors/attractions

Ann

New Hampshire, NH(Zone 5b)

I spent a week on Block Island (off the coast of RI) several years ago. It was one of the most wonderful, peaceful and relaxing vacations I've taken. We took only our bicycles (i.e., no car) and rented a house right on the ocean. I've wanted to go back ever since, but we never seem to get around to it. Maybe it's just one of those special memories that would be ruined by a second trip...

But if you like the ocean and natural beauty, with much fewer tourists than the Cape, MV or Nantucket, it's worth a visit.

Thanks, Ann! I'll look into that.

Block Island and Nantucket are on my list, Christina.

We did the Ottawa trip a few years ago, DH twisted his ankle so we didn't skate on the canal. It was nice, but cold!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

It won't be cold in the summer! :-) Canal is only skateable for January and February and maybe into March if we're lucky. May has the tulip Festival. Canada Day - July 1 is a major downtown party -free museums and many downtown streets closed until after the fireworks. Entertainment all day on Parliament Hill. And during the summer there are LOTS of various music festivals

Debi - so sorry your DH twisted his ankle and couldn't skate.

Thomaston, CT

Sounds like a nice trip, Victor. Haven't been to Canada in ages, although I love Louise Penny's series of mysteries set in Quebec......Block Is. is a fav place of mine....have been numerous times, & have always enjoyed it, so you won't spoil it by a second trip, SOJ.

We'll probably be going the end of August.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Trying to figure where to go for Easter break

We're going to an all-inclusive family resort about 90 minutes north of here.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cool idea

It's a dude ranch but lots of other stuff to do. Three meals and tips are included.

Thomaston, CT

Kids will love the horses!

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

Sounds like fun, Victor!

Amtrak is offering $89 round-trip fares from NYC to Montreal for Thu-Mon travel through Apr 28. Nice deal!

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

Does it work the other way round?

Thomaston, CT

Great price....I love to ride the train in scenic places.....

Very cheap flights to Egypt!!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

You going?

Maybe for Mummy's Day.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

har har

Thomaston, CT

You are sooo bad, Victor! Right now I'd like a cheap flight to someplace very warm!

Salem Cnty, NJ(Zone 7b)

That sounds like a great plan, RD

Southwest , NH(Zone 5b)

It got up to 85 today here. Our a/c is on again. :( (Yeah, Louise, why don't you complain about the weather for this sympathetic crowd!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL Sorry.....I lost my head!) :)

YES!!! Hee hee. Wish I were there!

We are HOPING to go to Italy in '12! Would be my first trip to Europe. Excited about it.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Very awesome!!! Hubby has no interest in going to Europe, I'll have to find someone to go with...can I stow away with you?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images