Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

TRANSPLANTING / PLANTING dates difference

Irving, TX(Zone 8a)

I am new on this gardening by the moon.
When the calendar says that is good to plant tomatoes, peppers, etc ... does this mean I can transplant my plant? or that I can start my plant by seed?
I am confused and I will appreciate any help.

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

It does mean that you can plant, transplant or start cuttings or seeds from any vegetable, flower or plant.

When states that you could plant root vegies means that your potatoes will do well BUT you you can still plant other crop.

ONLY on the BARREN days is when you can work in general garden maintenance but no planting

Temuco, Chile(Zone 9b)

See, on the 19th through the 21st it says:

19th-21st Good Days For Planting Above Ground Crops, Extra Good For Vine Crops, Where Climate Is Suitable.

As you all know I live in the southern hemisphere and over here we are in Spring so, I have plenty vegetables to plant,seedlings and seeds and not too much time , so I'll be doing that but also I will start 2 more bags of potatoes, they are roots crops (or underground crop) but I know they will do well and I do like succession planting of them to have a continuous supply of potatoes.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.