-
AuthorContent
rutholive
Tonasket, WA
(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2010
8:47 AM

Post #8153917

I would like to post a picture of two of some of my dianthus, still blooming. BUT have been having a hard time with my camera. My son gave me a new camera in May A Canon Power Shot SX210 IS. My Grandaughter set up my SD Card Reader, and then left for a year of study in Italy. I have been taking the Memory Card out of my camera and using the Card Reader to down load my photos. Don't know what I am doing wrong, but now the camera just says No Memory Card, and nothing happens. So no luck sending pictures.

I am glad there is a Dianthus forum and hope I will have something to contribute later.

Happy Fall weather.

Donna

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #8154447

The card reader is the best way to download images, so they did good in setting that up for you. You might try taking your card out of your camera and putting it back in. Or it could be that your card has gone bad...it happens. I've had to replace several cards of mine over the years. Memory cards are getting cheap and you can pick them up in Wal Mart or any similar store. If the camera doesn't recognize your card, try getting a new one, or borrowing one from a family member just to see.
Michael_Ronayne
Nutley, NJ
(Zone 6b)

October 13, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #8154597

Donna,

If your memory card has a lock switch on the side, is it in the unlock position?

If you load the memory card into the SD Card Reader on your computer, what do your see? Are there are pictures on the card?

On the SD Card Reader software interface, is there an option to reformat the memory card? If there is, give that a try.

Melody is correct; memory cards are now very inexpensive. Amazon is listing a 4GM card for your camera for $9.49 and an 8GB card for $16.99.

Mike

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #8154639

I use a CF card and mine do not have the lock feature, so that is good to know...(mom's camera has an SD)
rutholive
Tonasket, WA
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2010
8:22 AM

Post #8155547

I don.t know what I was doing wrong but kept, putting memory card, back in, etc. and now works fine. Here is a photo one of the three dianthus that grew from seed I planted this spring. And as happens so often the chickens scratched out the label and I haven't taken time to look up the variety. sorry about that, I will try to get the correct name soon.

Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Dianthus Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
the Dianthus are Blooming! Weezingreens 20 Aug 25, 2008 2:26 AM
Dividing Dianthus 2zeus 19 Mar 5, 2007 3:08 PM
Dianthus at HD FLStu 13 Apr 18, 2007 10:29 PM
Dainty Dianthus Shirley1md 16 Jun 25, 2007 1:14 AM
Need dianthus for a very sunny bed silverfluter 22 Oct 22, 2010 8:13 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America