Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Decorating a large wall

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

I recently re-decorated my living room from shabby chic to a more modern/contemporary look. None of the wall decor ,I had collected over the years worked w/ the new look and finding more was a daunting task and costly. Happily I came across a painted hinged folding screen on sale for less than $30.00. Took the hinges off and mounted the panels on the wall. Quick coverage of about a 1/3 of the wall on the cheap.

This message was edited Oct 15, 2010 4:14 AM

Thumbnail by bigred
Southern California, CA

That screen was a steal. Looks fab.

Hillsborough, NC(Zone 7b)

Great idea. Like the different perspectives of same flower.
Picks up the throw real well too.

A few years ago I had same dilemma with my mom's apt.
Needed something to cover a large part of wall over the sofa.

I went to Kirklands (Large gift shop - home decorating and not too expensive)

I found a fireplace screen... three pieces hinged together - larger one in center and two small 'shutter' sized on sides. Design across all three were standing long stemmed 'punks' (at least that is what we called these swamp flowers.) Sounds awful (the description) but it was a very nice architectural piece - heavy as heck tho.

Ashdown, AR(Zone 8a)

Yes,it was. It origanlly was $119.00 but went down to $24.99 on end of season sale.

The fireplace screen was a great idea too.

I still have some filling in to do but can do that over a period of time as I find pieces I like.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.