Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Talk: New Bees 10/17/10 friends - new and old...Come on in...

Communities > Forums > Garden Talk
bookmark
Forum: Garden TalkReplies: 368, Views: 2,149
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2010
10:33 AM

Post #8160651

Fall is in the air... What's going on in your garden?

This is the place to chat and hang out and share with friends - new and old...

Any links you all want me to add to this let me know!

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1124632/
Come on in...

Direction for free seeds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Newbies that get lost and found here...

Lasagna Beds for newbies here...
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1037637/

Thumbnail by locakelly
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
11:31 AM

Post #8160716

I have a couple more things that never got answered on the Ask a Gardener Sight. Since you guys are sooooooo smart and someone always seems to have an answer, I'm going to repost them here.

Is this clematis seed? Will it grow new plants?

Crit

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
11:32 AM

Post #8160717

This plant has gotten real leggy. Can it be pinched back and the parts be rooted into another plant?

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #8160718

I have a datura moonflower plant. It had 2 rounds of blooms about 3 or 4 weeks ago and nothing since. I didn't pick the blooms off as I wanted to get some seed off of it. The seed balls are still green. Now, 2 questions:

1. Why is it not continuing to bloom?
2. How long does it take the seed pods to grow and dry to where they are ready to
pick off?

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
11:36 AM

Post #8160723

More close-up picture of #2

Thumbnail by Crit

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #8160738

Mekos will know for sure, but some Clematis seed is sterile. So I think it depends on the variety.

What is the leggy plant?

My Datura gets no supplemental water and I live in the desert, so they like no water;o) Mine will get a round of blooms then stop then another round. I also do not fertilize it at all.

The seed pods take a while to dry. They will turn brown, but you have to watch them close as they will split and spew their seeds everywhere. Check them and if they look like they are starting to split, use gloves and hold the pod while you cut it off. They are very sharp and remember that Datura seeds are very very poisonous. So much so that I have read that one or two seeds ingested are enough to kill a person! I would leave 2 or 3 pods to ripen and cut off the rest and dispose of them where children or pets cannot access them. That might help your plant put out more blooms faster if it's not trying to ripen all those pods. There are a lot of seeds in one pod...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #8160838

Someone told me what the red plant was, but I can't find the post if I saved it. I'll keep looking.

There have been several times when the Datura started wilting for lack of water, so I watered it. Never have fertilized it. I don't know what the heck is the deal. Oh well, maybe it will do better next year.

I have wrapped nylon panty hose around and tied on about 5 of them, so that they will be caught in case they burst and I'm not around.

This message was edited Oct 17, 2010 4:10 PM
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
1:18 PM

Post #8160859

Reposting:
Crit, the brand I can get is Hormodin. It's commercial root hormone and the size I can get is a large 1 lb tub. There are three different ones:

Hormodin 1- $24.95 plus shipping (no tax)
General purpose for propagating roses, carnations, poinsettas, some shrubs and most home and garden plants.

Hormodin 2-$28.95 plus shipping (no tax)
for propagating woody and semi woody plants including evergreens

Hormodin 3- $24.95 plus shipping (no tax)
For propagating the more difficult to root varieties including evergreens and dormant leafless cuttings.

I put it on here in case anyone would like to order it. You can just dmail me and let me know. I will have to call and find out about shipping cost. I would be happy to split one if anyone needed me to do that.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
2:06 PM

Post #8160912

The hormodin 1 looks like what I would need. I certainly don't need a pound of it. If you can get some to split it, I think 1/4 would be more than enough to do me for my lifetime! :-) I could even do with less.

Thanks,
Crit

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #8161039

Let me know what a 1/4lb. is and I'l take a bit to help crit.
Crit, I use the oxygenated water on my Desert Roses and it helps them,
I don't think it will do any any harm, you will have to experiment.
Mechelle, too bad you don't live closer I got a beautyberry shrub with purple berries on it , also got a white one, you could take cutting of. Both are pretty and pretty drought resistence.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #8161127

Let's say $6.50 for 1/4 lb plus 3.50 for shipping. Does that sound right?
RRM if I lived closer, I would be asking for CP's! but the Beauty Berries sound pretty ;-)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 17, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #8161217

I can send you some berries if you like. Want some before the birds get them? They say they are easy to grow. I stuck some branches in the soil if they root I'll get you one. O.K.???
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #8161390

That will be fine Mechelle. Want to just trade the postage for the jew for the hormone?
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2010
4:56 AM

Post #8161798

Sure Crit I can do that. I will try to get it ordered today for you. I have a busy day planned but will let you know when I send it out. Are you in the address exchange?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #8163236

Yes, I'm in the address exchange. I have some wj to send out tomorrow and will pick up one of the boxes at the P.O. May be able to put them in the mail on Wednesday.

Crit
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2010
6:57 PM

Post #8163274

RRM, would love some beauty berry cuttings. Dmail me, girl
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 18, 2010
8:53 PM

Post #8163490

rrm will horsetail take a bog garden over do you think the miniture peace lilly would grow in a bog garden need a list of things that will grow in a bog garden. love nettie gona have to go back to ft smith no moss or anything in booneville and not going to get anything this year. thats the pits.

This message was edited Oct 18, 2010 10:17 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 18, 2010
10:27 PM

Post #8163586

mekos can i use peat moss and corse sand in my bog or no. thanks nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 18, 2010
10:49 PM

Post #8163611

kelly thanks for the new thread much better. im haveing a bad day mark took fluffers for a hair cut poor little dog got scalped he will grow out but he needs a jacket for going out to do his business ill come up with smothing.he is laying on my feet curled up in a ball.im yhinking he is cold may heed to get his blanket.my poor littlr dog, where is everyone love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 19, 2010
12:12 AM

Post #8163660

crit the red plant looks to me like it would start real easyjust cut below a leaf at a joint dust with a little root hormone and stick in some soil it may root in water you could try a piece of it both ways it looks alot like a begonia don;t know which one. nettie
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2010
2:11 AM

Post #8163690

Hi my name is Elaine and I'm a newbie, thought i'd introduce my self as i've been trying to get around to doing so, but I got Garden Fever and have been planting bulbs and pulling bulbs left and right.

I get like this in the spring when i feel the need to rearrange all of my furniture,lol

Anyway, Hi all
and hi from mama's lil helper too

Thumbnail by Jimenez_Garden

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2010
4:42 AM

Post #8163764

WELCOME Jimenez! This is a great sight, you will love it!!!!

Nettie
Horsetail if not kept in a container will spread and spread and spread. If that is what you want it will work great for you. If you want it to stay in it's own little space without a container, you don't want it. I have starts of it if you need some. I had it planted by a water fountain in a triangle of dirt by my front door at the old house. I started having it come up through the cracks in the driveway, etc. Once you plant it, it is there. Very hard to remove!
The red plant is not a begonia. It's hard to tell because it lost a bunch of leaves when I wasn't able to water for several days. I have dug it and put in pot to bring in for the winter.

Crit

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 19, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #8163940

Morning peeps and welcome Elaine! I'm off to work so I'll see you all later...

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 19, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #8164075

Welcome Jimenez, Beautiful, handsome little helper you have there.
Nettie Crit is right. Somethings put in a bog need to have a container to controll them or they will run everywhere. Peat and sand in a bog is also good, Nettie.
Be gettng you a d-mail, Mechelle .
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 19, 2010
4:24 PM

Post #8164900

Thanks for the warm welcome in this cold weather, brrr my veggies will need scarves tonight, and my vestibule looks like a nursery...

does anyone know how long peppers and tomatoes will last in a cold frame? I still have LOTS of vegetation growing with some cold burn on the leaves from the nights getting colder. and i'm wrapping my garden up like a gift in Christmas with heavy plastic. But i don't know if it will work or help...
(=^O

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 19, 2010
6:56 PM

Post #8165258

ok no horse tail don,t need yhat stuff in everything. thanks nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 19, 2010
8:28 PM

Post #8165464

got everything i need at lows good to find all of it in one place. plus they still had some of the purple passion plant my daul wonted one and i wasn.t giveing her myne. got her one of her own. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 20, 2010
9:03 AM

Post #8166028

hi elaine my puter skills are not very good just wonted to say good morning and hope you enjoy all the neat people on dg i sure do lots of real plant smart people on here . we love gardening just about everything. ive got garden club today so will be gone most of the day love and hugs nettie. talk later.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2010
9:16 AM

Post #8166043

Hi Elaine, welcome aboard our crazy train. I don't get on as much as I should, but everybody here knows me by now. We're a great bunch to chat with.

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 20, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #8166230

Yep, We help if we know or try to get you help if we don't.
Al's right. Great Bunch!!!!
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2010
3:51 PM

Post #8166657

Thanks guys you are all soo nice. I love gardening too, I never knew just how much i loved it until i got my first fresh tomato and potato from my 2ft garden in 06' after spending 200.00 in 05' and everything died on me,lol.

but anyways, my babies are jumping on me gotta goooo

Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2010
7:56 PM

Post #8167043

Hey Everybody
Does any one know of flowers that grow well in spots with morning sun only?

And whats the HOTTEST pepper out there?

heres my future gardener in training... lol

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2010
8:19 PM

Post #8167081

Lots of plants do well in am sun only. It's a must here in the desert - lol... Mostly only natives or things from similar climates can handle our full on furnace blast...

The Bhut Jolokia or Naga Jolokia chili from India has been certified as the world's hottest pepper by the Guinness Book of World Records.
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2010
8:29 PM

Post #8167103

Wow thats great, My hubby loves hot pepper and e's always boasting about it so i plan to get him good next year, maybe on his birthday, i'll give him a nice surprise and see if he can handle it, hehehe,
lol
}=^]

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #8167183

They are hot - so hot that most people can't eat them - lol... but some do;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 20, 2010
9:22 PM

Post #8167217

im saying goodlooking young man what is his name? im not good at telling girls from boys plezse forgieve me if i got it wrong. all i know how to do is chainge diapers and do the rocking chair thing.they also like the porch swing im good at the last two things. i love little ones girl and boys both the same have 8 or 9 grandchildren. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 20, 2010
9:27 PM

Post #8167220

half the things in my yard are morning sun only and im still looking for more morning sun only places. may have to make some more afternoon shade just don,t know where to look for it.
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2010
9:28 PM

Post #8167223

A part of me definitely doesn't want him to get hurt or anything... but another part wants to see if he'll spit fire,lol

I think he can handle it, He eats seranos jalapenos and habaneros raw or sliced up in about everything.

We even went to Quaker Steak and Lube, mostly a wings place, and they made him sign a waiver of liability to get their Atomic sauce on his wings. He ate it but I thought i saw a little tear sprout from the corner of his eye,lol
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 20, 2010
9:34 PM

Post #8167235

Hey littlenettie,

My son's name is Matthew,he actually just turned 9 months and My other 2.5 yr old is Nathaniel. the Light and pains in the butts of my life, lol but they are mine forever...

What kinda plants do you have, maybe we can trade, I have sun loving plants and herbs and veggies too.

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 21, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #8168634

my sons were a joy to have when they were growing up oldest son is a nurse youngest works for cox communication and keeps his momas puter going when i mess it up. which is often. im not good with the puter at all. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 21, 2010
8:24 PM

Post #8168818

jamenez [m [n zone 7 iget alot of heat and not much rain sometimes. we may get rain tomorrow just have to wait and see. if we don,t i will have to water some things.i don,t waist water on annuals just things like roses hate to loose a rose. ive alreadt lost a big rose bush the wind got it and the heat. yard needs some work. i have to get on the ball cause i will need to mulch all my beds,how cold do you get where you live.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2010
8:37 PM

Post #8168841

Miss mekos, got your envelope today. Hugs girl! Thanks so much for all you sent. I have a feeling that the nursery fairy is going to be dropping in on you from time to time!
Crit, ordered your RH day before yesterday and they are supposed to UPS it. Soon as it ships, I will get it out to you. Have had a busy day.. Hittin' the hay.. Goodnight everyone!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 21, 2010
8:43 PM

Post #8168844

any one on here have chocolate vine or raisin vine i think they are the same plant let me know if you do thanks love nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2010
4:36 AM

Post #8169024

Thanks so much Michelle. I picked up the flat rate box at the PO yesterday. I will get it filled up and sent to you, hopefully, Monday. We are suppose to have rain all weekend, so we will have to see. May have to wait until next week to send it.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2010
6:39 AM

Post #8169180

Moonvine bloomed last night. Was still bloomed out this morning.
Smelled great.

Thumbnail by ridesredmule

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2010
4:44 PM

Post #8170097

I've heard the vine moonflowers smell much better than the bush datura's

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 22, 2010
5:05 PM

Post #8170125

This did smell very good. Been a long time since I smelled Datura. We caled the old fashion kind Jimsenweed or hogweed.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2010
5:14 PM

Post #8170141

Does anyone know how to add/change things on your profile? I'd like to add my zone, but I can't find it any place to work on my profile.

Thanks,
Patti

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 22, 2010
6:40 PM

Post #8170273

Patti - if you go to My Info at the top of the page, then on the left is a menu - choose Manage My Preferences. Then on the right side will be another menu of options - choose Your Location. You can add your zone there and look it up if you need to...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #8170312

Thanks!!!!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #8170338

We had some serious frost last few days, everything's hardening off for the fall. I have hundreds of seed pods for zinnias and marigolds, and lots more sunflowers if anybody wants. This has been a really beautiful year here for flowers. I've got enough seeds to last a lifetime and then some.

AL

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 22, 2010
7:18 PM

Post #8170347

It's funny - you all are hunkering down for the winter and we are just gearing up for the best planting season of the year;o)

I went to Lowe's on my lunch break to get some 'tunias since one of my SW enabler friends told me they had large 6 packs of wave 'tunias for $7.98... I got the smaller 1.5 QT 'tunias because they had the deep purple ones I wanted for $3 something.

Of course several other things just jumped into my cart. How the heck does that always happen?

Also got:

the most darling purple and black (my 2 favorite colors) Pansys

Mexican Heather http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/676/

Double Rock Cranesbill (which I have never seen in my life) but was just too cute to pass up... http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/101782/

and a Blue Daze Evolvulus aka Hawaiian Blue Eyes which Google is telling me is a MG relative? There is confusing info on what is what - it is Evolvulus nuttallianus 'Blue Daze' http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/194/

Like I really need more stuff to figure out where to plant it - lol... Of course these places sell these plants as annuals and most are tender perennials here. Who knew being a gardener could be such a tough job;o)

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 22, 2010
9:44 PM

Post #8170684

you only came out with some plants i got bulbs also couldn,t help myself they had some things i didn,t have pluss the post lady finally brought my new amaryllis its one of the papilio ones ive wonted one forever . ive stoped for the year not getting anything else unless i see some more cp some where. this late in the year thats probly not gona happen love and hugs to all nettie.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 10:47 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 22, 2010
9:49 PM

Post #8170697

al you know i won.t some of your seeds love nettie old maids and sun flowers please

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 10:54 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 22, 2010
9:52 PM

Post #8170704

rrm is our little friend mekos sick or smothing. she has not been on in two days now that i know of. love nettie

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 11:19 PM
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

October 23, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #8171306

HI Everyone. Nettie Mekos is sick right now said she's feeling better but may take a few days yet.

Al I'd love some of your zinnias and sunflowers
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #8171376

Al, I would love some of your seed also. I am on address' exchange, or I can dmail you my address.

THX!
Patti
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 23, 2010
1:05 PM

Post #8171615

Hey littlenettie
i'm in zone 6 I've seen it get to 5deg but feel colder with the wind, I live in Jessup pa.

And hey lycodad
Lets see if we can trade for any thing on my trade list if you'd like otherwise, i'll would love some seeds and i'm in the exchange as well.

Hey anybody can tell me if colder temp veggies would live well in a cold frame made of 3.5 mil plastic around my garden... what do you think?

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #8171867

can't answer your question, but nice garden
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 23, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #8172093

Hello everyone. HUGS Nettie. Didn't mean to worry you girl. My pollymyalgia has been acting up and I have been down a bit.
Crit, your plant can be rooted up there-red one,also might make them bushyer, and those would be the seeds of the clamatis but as Kelly said some are steryl so if they are not and can be planted and germinate, they should.
Nettie, you can put sand in your bog also vermiculite and peat moss or spaghnam moss, but always remember to use rain water to water with or distilled water. And remember the cold , snow and ice won't hurt the CPs they need the cold and in spring they will pop back out and thrive. The horsetail should always be kept in a container in the bog seperate from all the other stuff. The peace lily will probably be ok in the bog in the summer but it is not hardy for winter so it would freeze if you put it in now. I'd keep it in a pot till summer then wash off all the dirt from the roots before putting it in the bog because the soil on other plants will kill your CPs in the bog. There are minerals and salt in regular soil and that kills the CPs. So when you buy other plants to add, be sure to wash the soil off the plants with rain water and then add them in.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 24, 2010
7:02 PM

Post #8174064

mekos im so glad you are better i have that also hate it when it acts up makes you hurt all over hope it doesn,t hang on to long. i wish they had a good drug for it. some of the drugs they give are bad. to much hit and miss i think we need new pictures of that beautiful little granddaughter of yours love nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #8174085

What is pollymyalgia? I have fibromyalgia and it is MISERABLE when it flares up! I hurt so bad I can't get comfortable and can hardley get around. I've just started to go downhill since hitting 5-0, lol, however have had the fibro for about 15 years now.

Crit
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #8174907

hey crit thank for the comp. I made it from scratch. Pretty proud of the fact it's still in one piece,lol.
PS these herbs plants and tincs are good for fibro.

Capsaicin, cayenne - for Fibromyalgia pain -
Ginger compress - for Fibromyalgia -
Grapeseed Extract - for Fibromyalgia -
Lavender essential oil - for Fibromyalgia -
Mugwort - for Moxibustion -
Nettle - Oatstraw for Pain relief -
Siberian ginseng - for Fibromyagia, Stress -
St. John's Wort tincture - for Fibromyalgia, muscle aches -
Willow bark tincture - for Fibromyalgia -

great site someone gave me for medicinal herbs...

http://www.anniesremedy.com/remedy_use105.php
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2010
8:54 AM

Post #8174934

can anyone help id these lavender species I cant tell one from my elbow
Is one english , french, woolly,
Lavandula stoechas, Lavandula dentata, Lavandula angustifolia, Lavandula lanata, Lavandula delphinensis?????????????

I have two different species.

When i go to lowes, i should be able to expect that the plant id have the right info on it, but they both had the same ticket. impossible right?
wrong! Now my head is spinning with the idea of what it might be. and i think i put the wrong species on my have list and dont want to trade the wrong thing...
so all u agro experts out there lend me your eyes and give me your opinions
Thanks too much all the world

Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 25, 2010
8:55 AM

Post #8174935

plant 2

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2010
9:33 AM

Post #8175006

Crit, here is a little info on the disease.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymyalgia-rheumatica/DS00441
These are the symptions of it.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polymyalgia-rheumatica/DS00441/DSECTION=symptoms
Mine is the polymyalgia with the giant cell arteritis.
DR. thrated me for 2 years for fibro with no relief at all until she tried the meds for Poly. and that worked. Only the meds are prednisone and you cannot safely take that for long periods of time. The medications for Poly can cause deteriation of your bones. So I can only take the meds. when it is so bad I cannot go on without it. I take it for 10 days and stop.
Sometimes that is enough but this time it just didn't work so well.
Then when you add in ALL the other health issues I have and allergies to medications I have, it is not a pretty site sometimes at all.
Here is Kaylee a few weeks ago Nettie. I wasn't able to keep her much this last couple weeks. She is growing like a weed.
Jiminez, Arejay is one that could probably tell you more about your lavender plants, she grows lots of different kinds of it, or I believe she did last year anyway. Maybe she will pop in after a while if you don't find what you need about it. Good to see you here. :o)

Thumbnail by mekos

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
5:56 PM

Post #8176110

YQW Jiminez, and thanks for the herbs and link.

Thx mekos for the info and links. Makes me wonder. I've been having a lot of headaches lately, but I took migraine medicine for it thinking it was the beginning of a migraine. My hips have been hurting me really bad, hard to walk. I've had vertebrae fused in my lower back, and it has been bothering me a lot. I thought that I needed another injection to ease it

I'm not near the ages that they specified when there was usually onset.

This message was edited Oct 25, 2010 7:57 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 25, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #8176210

thank you very much mekos i needed that makes me frrl better. bill is gona haul ne a load of gravil for the floor or the greenhouse all i havt to do is get the boys to help me put it down. they already told me they will hrlp, i have done it myself but can.t do that anymore. to much lifting ill have them bring it in and ill spread it out, i love the picture love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 25, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #8176237

Crit, I'm not that old either. That is why it stumped the Dr.s and why it took so long to diagnose it. I'm 56 almost 57 in Dec. You can't always go by age any more.

I have got to get my plastic back on the greenhouse. We had some bad storms this spring and summer and the tornado tore mine off.
I put mulch on the floor of mine to insulate it some. Also makes it clean to walk on and I can snug some of the bigger pots in it and keep the roots warmer. I'm a little slow going this year. Sure hope the weather holds off till I get it ready.
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 26, 2010
10:17 AM

Post #8177163

I hear you mekos on the plastic, i wrapped my garden up last week cuz we were going to get frost.

But today its going to be 70. so the plastic is back off again till Wednesday when it goes to 39 deg. but it will give me time to readjust the spotty job i did rushing to save my tomatoes and peppers from the evil frost monster, lol But they are still growing, yay

What kind of plastic do you use,

Doing some transplanting today.
Rosemary
Lavender
Snow in summer
maybe Gaillardia but i dont know how temperamental the are.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2010
1:55 PM

Post #8177511

I just use the 6mm thick white plastic. The tornados we get here tear off the plastic from spring till fall so if you use the expensive stuff it just costs more and doesn't last any longer with the storms, so a couple years ago I started useing the cheaper stuff from Lowe's.
It works just as good and lasts one season. Now if there was a way to protect it from the high winds the more expensive would work better in the long run because it lasts 7-10 years.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 26, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #8178349

my greenhouse has the plexiglass on it and the wind will back the screws out on it that is what mark has been doing putting new screws in i have a gass heater in there for bad weather don,t trust electric it goes off to much. the ground here eats my gravil should have put plastic down first but didn,t the wind caused some bad leaks last year im not going to have that problem this year you just have to do maintance every year to be sure every thing is as it should be. so im going to be buisy for the rest of the week.try to keep the temp around 50 in there if the wind gets bad have to turn it up some also need to put some new spray foam around the top the sun helps heat when we have sun. i have some grow lights in their also it keeps all my houae plants and i have room for starting things its fun for me in winter. love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 26, 2010
8:29 PM

Post #8178496

What kind of gas heater do you use Nettie? I lost a lot of my plants last year because the power went out in the night with temps in the teens. Didn't know there was no power till morning and so many of my plants were tropical. They all died. Sun can heat it in the daytime but I need something to use at night.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2010
5:00 PM

Post #8180231

Hi everyone I'm Angie. I'm not exactly "new" as I've been here since I think March of this year. This is my second year gardening. I'm having fun this year with gardening experiments. Planting store bought ginger, taro and now I'm rooting lemon grass. I planted some of the aniseeds I bought for cookies and they are germinating.

Right now I'm planning out Spring in my garden planner and am a bit worried about finding certain seeds I want but I'm still planning anyways lol.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 27, 2010
5:22 PM

Post #8180285

Hi Angie! Welcome to the funny farm;o)

Kelly (but you can call me loca)
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2010

Post #8180559

Thank you for the welcome. I'm glad I stumbled upon the post that led me here. I don't have many local friends to talk about gardening with so I'm very grateful for the interwebs.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #8180563

Worked in the greenhouse today. Cut back about 60 sedums, and did some more hydrangea cuttings. Most of the Coleus is rooted now. Will need to put them in pots in a couple weeks. I have 92 ferns to divide , Kim Queen, Macho and Boston Ferns. Having computer problems so haven't been on here too much. A friend brought me some of the pretty lime colored sweet potato vine and another, I forgot the name already! Then Crit sent me a beautiful box of Wandering Jew that I potted in the greenhouse. I took cuttings this morning of my Hibiscus 'Dixie Belle' and 'Kleims Hardy' Gardenia. So I will be busy for the next few days! God I love my greenhouse! Can't wait to see it full of healthy beautiful plants! I started a little water bog in the greenhouse for water plants. If anyone has water lilies or any other water plants they'd Like to trade, please let me know. Goodnight and ttys!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #8180572

MechelleT is Gardenia difficult to root from cuttings? A friend of mine snuck some gardenia cuttings from her work home to root and she wants to send me some once she gets the plant established.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2010
7:12 PM

Post #8180585

I have heard that it is but if they're semi new growth cuttings, they should root easily with root hormone in the greenhouse. I will have to look in my book to be sure but I think it takes 6-8 weeks for it to root. I am going to be using a soiless mix of peat moss, vermiculite, perlite and dolomite to root mine.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2010
7:16 PM

Post #8180598

Good to see you Angie, what are some of the seeds you are looking for. We all have seed stashes laying around. Gardenias are super easy to root either in water or in soil. I do it all the time. Pick blooms and keep in water and those root sitting in a sunny window sill. I rooted 5 blue gingers last winter and gave 2 away, one died and I still have 2 so hoping next year those will bloom. Make a list of some things you are looking for and some of us may be able to help you out some.
Great Mechelle on the greenhouse plants. I do have water plants and we'll just have to get together and talk. :o)

Sorry Mechelle, I over posted you up there.

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010 9:52 PM
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2010
7:30 PM

Post #8180613

I have a long list but from the top of my head Anise Hyssop, Lemongrass, various milkweeds, Lavender for culinary use, Cumin, Black Cumin, Savory ... or as my friend sums up - every hummingbird, butterfly, herb and fragrant thing on earth lol. I think that's a good indication that it is a long list.
I just didn't have much like finding even common things because the nursery either didn't get it in or sold the last packet before I could remember it.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 27, 2010
7:49 PM

Post #8180626

the heater is just a little wall mount space hrater it has a heat sensor in it you just set it and when the temp drops it comes on and when it gets warm enough it goes off . where we live i can,t trust the electric.have 3 or these heayers in my house for back up plus a fireplace insert doesn,t burn as much wood after we put the insert in but hasto be real cold to use it gets too hot dumb to have doors open in december. we are going to puy a gass generator tn for winter. and we buy our gass in summor when its cheaper. try to save every chance we get my bill is very thrifty.i don,t see how he does it with me to help spend the money. but if he says do you won,t plants in the spring or do tou have to have that now you can,t do both. i can wait anyway thats how it goes around here,love nettie

This message was edited Oct 27, 2010 8:52 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #8180636

Nettie, can you take a picture of the heater or get the name of it and where you buy it so I can go look? I have to do something soon and don't have a clue how to find one small and works like that. That sounds just like what I need.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2010
8:05 PM

Post #8180648

Angie,

I have a friend on another sight that has a 'newby' packet she will send out all kind of seeds to new gardeners. I'll d-mail you some information

Crit
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 27, 2010
8:09 PM

Post #8180656

Angie,

I have a friend on another sight that has a 'newby' packet she will send out all kind of seeds to new gardeners. Try this link. If it doesn't work I'll do something different. It is in the Seed Trader forum. The topic is free seeds to newby's with directions on how to get your seed.

Crit

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 27, 2010
8:13 PM

Post #8180664

Crit, that's actually the post that led me here hehe. I contacted her about donating seeds. I think I'm too "old" to be considered a newby.

Crit wrote:Angie,

I have a friend on another sight that has a 'newby' packet she will send out all kind of seeds to new gardeners. Try this link. If it doesn't work I'll do something different. It is in the Seed Trader forum. The topic is free seeds to newby's with directions on how to get your seed.

Crit

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/[/quote]

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 27, 2010
8:35 PM

Post #8180687

lows had annis seed this year will probly have it again next year. if i remember right they had some plants yhey have some neat things early, the early birb always gets the worm. i always check the clerance things good stuff sometimes. if its smothing i won,t ill over winter it. works like a charm. my dead camera got me in trouble this evening mark killed an 8 point buck with his bow this is not a first just the first one this year. almosy made him late for work.im going to buy 4 of those 39'99 dollar batteries. boy i hate to pay that much for a batery the thing takes 2 one in yhe dock and one in the camera. would be cheaper to get a new cemera. i hope i get someone nice when i call about these.my dh tells me they have a three year warenty on them. i just need to be nice to who ever i get on the phone. say a little prayer for me. love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2010
8:39 PM

Post #8180696

Will Do Nettie! Good luck with it. Congrats on the buck kill! My DH would be jealous.
Angie, I beg to differ. You are a newbee. You just joined up in March and it is just Oct. now so you are still a newbee for a long time more! We consider newbees for at least the first year. Time starts when you pay to join.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 27, 2010
10:07 PM

Post #8180760

angie if you have never had free seeds for new bes i think you can still get free seeds the thing is you should still be able to get them . beg if you have to ill go beg for you . its alot of fun go for it girl love nettie.tell them you are like me and can,t remember anything. mekos and all of my friends wquld vouch for me on the memory thing.does rj still do that she knows about the i forgot thing. go ahead and do the paper work and try i had fun with my free seed. love nettie
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 27, 2010
10:13 PM

Post #8180765

Good night Nettie and everyone. Tomorrow is another day. Tornado warnings are over now so I'm off.
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #8180832

Good morning Angie and welcome. I'm a newbie too. and a rookie gardener, compared to all of these super great members here in my opinion.
Arejay just blessed be with seeds, and i will be updating my list everyday, so let me know if you see anything you'd like, and send me a d mail.

(=^]
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #8180851

LMBO. That's funny Angie!!!! I bet if you asked rj reeeaaaal nice, and donated too, that she might share some seeds with you too. Tell her I told you to ask her real nice. lol
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2010
4:23 AM

Post #8180858

Hi everyone, was just lurking...
Just wanted to let you know Crit, your red plant looks like iresine
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/164645/
and it roots very easily. I root it indoors in the winter for the next season. Did you root yours?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #8181114

Black and blue salvia will root from cuttings, I've heard it is invasive but the hummingbirds do love it.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #8181295

Hi Debi, did the snow get close to you yesterday? I saw where some got snow up in the north mid states. Close to the great lakes. I'm always watching for snow, I kinda like it.
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 28, 2010
9:09 AM

Post #8181305

No snow here, in fact yesterday was gorgeous, sunny and 70, but a bit windy. Today is cloudy windy damp and cold.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
12:20 PM

Post #8181531

I will send in a bubble envelope when I send the seeds to her.

Oh and random - Delilah, my cat, just ate my rosemary cuttings. The only two that rooted. o_0 ...

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 28, 2010
1:37 PM

Post #8181640

At least her breath will smell good;o) I ♥ the smell of Rosemary!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
4:12 PM

Post #8181894

True but unfortunately now I have no Rosemary. If plants have been nibbles or cheetos are missing, it's usually her. Cheetos and spider plants are her favorite. She'll play innocent too but it's hard to believe her when she has orange cheeto powder or soil all over her face.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #8181899

I bet she is cute with Cheetoes dust on her whiskers.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 28, 2010
4:21 PM

Post #8181907

LOL - poor Delilah hasn't learned the art of being sneaky yet, eh?
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
4:34 PM

Post #8181937

Delilah is about as sneaky as a burglar wearing chimes. I have my spider plants hanging from the ceiling so at least they are safe lol. Cheetos not so much.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #8181993

She doesn't jump up at them?? My chicken Abigail loves red flowers and she jumps up and grabs them.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
5:27 PM

Post #8182024

No, they are much too high but she does try to reach them from the counter or fireplace mantel although she hasn't tried it recently. Last time she tried that she wound up landing on Keoni in the litter box. Her biggest victims are spider babies which I just tucked in with the parent plants.

A chicken named Abigail? That's adorable!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #8182037

Here is Abigail, Jake the big rooster and Lil Champ, the Sebright. Also got Louie and Jethro. I like the show NCIS

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #8182049

Beautiful! I love chickens. I'm not familiar with NCIS but my dad watches it.

BTW just as I sent the post mentioning that Delilah doesn't try to get the hanging spider plants - she tried to get my new one. (I lost all but one during the summer so I'm replacing them. I had 6 and am now having a hard time finding them!)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

October 28, 2010

Post #8182183

You know animals make a habit out of making their owners into fibbers, believe me I got animals and they do it all the time. Never know what they are going to do next.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2010
7:28 PM

Post #8182225

All I can say is "That Darn Cat! and CHICKEN!!!" LOL

Debi ... do you root your iresine in water or soil? Doe it take long? I have some in water and put one in soil, because I wasn't sure which was best. No roots that I can see yet

rrm ... the black and blue sounds pretty. Any my DH and I love NCIS too. I think Abbey is awesome.

tiki ... I have a few rooted spider plants. They aren't real big, but you are welcome to some of them. They grow fast.

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 28, 2010
9:04 PM

Post #8182370

I keep trying to post messages on here and for some reason they aren't showing up
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 28, 2010
9:34 PM

Post #8182404

Cue may have turned out Lucy! OH my goodness. I bet Lucy got your posts.
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2010
3:12 AM

Post #8182551

Crit - I've rooted both in water and soil, but the soil makes for stronger roots. I think I used some in a bouquet and that's how I found out it rooted. It doesn't take long, a week or so maybe? I really don't remember though. I just cut and potted mine yesterday.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 29, 2010
4:36 AM

Post #8182641

deb...Mine has been in rooting water for about 2 weeks now, and I see nothing. The stems are large, because I cut it back, but I still see spots that I thought would of put out roots. :-(
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

October 29, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #8182650

did you try just the top few inches? I know when I have accidently broken a stem in the garden, I just poke a hole in the soil and stick it in and ignore it and it has rooted. Maybe cut it again if they are long stems?
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 29, 2010
8:21 PM

Post #8184342

pew i don.t like this cold 30 smothing here last night just about killed me getting all my plants in the greenhouse boys took the truck and brought most of the big plants to the house alot better than the wagon thats a hard pull but now i haxe to clean and put them where they need to go love and hugs nettie. wish i had more time but i don.t.

This message was edited Oct 29, 2010 9:24 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #8184615

I put them in a tall styrofoam cup that has the stems covered to almost the top, so most all of the stem gets covered. I think I may just plant them with just the tops above the ground and see what they do. They still look nice and fresh so something is OK there.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 30, 2010
10:34 AM

Post #8185114

I've done very minimal gardening today. Most of what I have to do is outside and it's too cold for me. I checked on and watered my pots in my Dad's window. We are eagerly awaiting the results of a few germination tests. Thus far some have proven to be duds. (Store bought jars of herbs, seeds from produce)

Edit: Just checked some and got quite the surprise! I had saved some seeds from the Heirloom tomatoes we bought from the organic section of the grocery store and those seeds all have sprouts. Shocking!

This message was edited Oct 30, 2010 9:39 AM
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #8185784

Hey everyone! Been working hard at the greenhouse and keeping busy. Have had a nasty headache these last few days.. I got a bunch of Majesty Palms, tropical hibiscus, and cane plants this week. Still having computer issues.. I was wondering if anyone had any water plants they'd like to trade with me. I started a little bog tub with a water lily inside the greenhouse. Anyone interested, just dmail me:-) have a good night.. Gotta run and close the doors at the GH.. Gonna get down to 38*.. brrr!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

October 30, 2010

Post #8185789

I have some water plants a friend at work gave me. They are some kind of iris he said.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 30, 2010
7:49 PM

Post #8186004

wound up just getting one batery i keep the camera pluged up when im not using it. the thing is supost to have a three year warenty on it i hope that is true. the lady on the phone was very nice thah was a plus.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 30, 2010
10:27 PM

Post #8186147

mekos can you get gass to your greenhouse if you can most lows and farm supply stors have those heaters. myne is run from the house bill did that for me i was thankful he did that every one needs a back up for electric anything can happen we get bad storms around here. love nettie,

This message was edited Oct 30, 2010 11:29 PM

This message was edited Oct 30, 2010 11:33 PM

This message was edited Oct 30, 2010 11:34 PM
Mitt
Philadelphia, PA

October 31, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #8187468

Hello Everyone. Happy Halloween!!!
Can someone direct me to the pictures of Cue? She really gets into Halloween. I'd like to see what she is wearing for the occasion.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

October 31, 2010
6:05 PM

Post #8187499

Happy Halloween to you too Mitt.

I'm doing nothing on this fine holiday but trying to find specific seeds for a good price and guarding my son's cheetos (from the cat.) I told my Dad about the Hardy Hibiscus and he thinks I should get some seeds.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

October 31, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #8187672

HI Mitt! Where you been? Good to hear from you , but I haven't seen Cue yet. I think she should post for us all to see.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

October 31, 2010
9:54 PM

Post #8187801

hi all im still trying to get everything where it needs to go in the greenhouse. did some one on here need some walking iris ive got a big pot of them got little ones hanging every where lrt me know remember they are a house plant in winter. love nettie

This message was edited Oct 31, 2010 11:10 PM

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

October 31, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #8187806

Just got home from the harvest festival at church... Kiddos had fun and now I need to get some sleep. Back to work tomorrow. Hiya Mit - long time no see;o)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
6:15 AM

Post #8188119

Hello Mitt. Always good to see you.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #8188283

Good morning everyone. I'm relaxing before I send my son off to school, we are waiting for Curious George to come on. I'm mailing out some trades and a donation for the New Bees. I'm so glad my left overs and over bought seeds will be going to somewhere where they will be used.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #8188570

Anyone here want to do a small 10-12 person round robin?
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
11:47 AM

Post #8188592

I'm not sure I understand what the round robin is, or else I'd say yes.
Mindy03
Monticello, KY
(Zone 6b)

November 1, 2010
12:34 PM

Post #8188675

Mitt Cue said she didn't dress up this year. She went ghost hunting instead.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2010
1:52 PM

Post #8188799

The round robin is someone starting out a box of seeds( several different kinds) and the people along the way gets to take out what they want but must put back the same amout as you take out but of other kinds and send it on to the next person on the list. That is the short version.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #8188969

Thanks for explaining mekos. I think I'm game for it.

In other news, I finally figured out what I'm doing wrong when I try rooting in water. I mess with it to much and change the water too frequently. The secret is for me to put it on the counter and forget about it. I noticed my store bought lemongrass appears to be rooting.

Now if only I can find the secret to soil rooting and get this store bought bay leaf going.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #8189061

Dip in root hormone and sit in warm sunny place in window or on heat mat. Should work good.
OK we are a go on the round robin. I talked to Arejay and she said for me to start it out so IF anyone wants to be included, d-mail me your name and address info and name a couple kinds of seeds you might like to see in the box and when I get 12 people signed up we will start. PUT round robin in the subject line of the d-mail to me, this way I can keep it straight from my other mails. The way we'll do it, I'll start it out with several kinds of seeds and an address label for each person, you can take out as many as 5 packs of seeds but you must put back in the same amount as you take out. All seeds will be listed on paper so mark off the ones you take out and add to it what you put back in and ship to another name on the list except me or Arejay. Let mine be next to last and I will send the last ones to Arejay.Arejay gets the remaining seeds to add to the newbees stash.
I hope to start this out Monday morning NOV. 8th. So let me know SOON if you are interested.

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
5:00 PM

Post #8189143

I put my store bought bay leaf in soil and tossed it in my heated table top green house. I've read it's difficult and to give it a go for 6 weeks.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2010
5:13 PM

Post #8189164

OK, should work. If it doesn't maybe we can find you a fresh plant.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 1, 2010
5:51 PM

Post #8189252

Edited cause I read from an old thread and it's ok..

This message was edited Nov 1, 2010 8:00 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 1, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #8189485

the central heat and air men wiped out my syela day lilys they are in the greenhouse in a wheel barow all i know to do for them is pot them up until spring im afraid to try and re plant this time of year. they would probly kick the bucket. won,t give me much room to get around to water my other plants but ill manage.i don,t have a choiceany one have a better idea? love nettie

This message was edited Nov 1, 2010 8:36 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 1, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #8189532

i can,t do the round robin now ill do a later one im snowed under right now. the house is full of dust and other things things i need to let go of i just can,t keep it all as much as id like to, to late for a yard sale will have to wait until spring. love you all nettie
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2010
1:42 PM

Post #8190698

I went to the grocery store for groceries and instead of using my dried herbs I bought some fresh. Many of my herbs didn't make it for reason or another. I'm taking advantage of fresh by dunking the stems with the top leaves in water to root.

Grabbed some bayleaf because I'm making both spaghetti and split pea soup. I'll stick the them in soil and I pray they root.

That's about it for my gardening today.
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

November 2, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #8190790

Cool, never thought about doing that with herbs, I usually don't use the whole package, thanks for the info!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #8190819

Hopefully that will work.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2010
3:32 PM

Post #8190875

Debi apparently a lot of people do this. I found out when I was about to toss out my store bought ginger root and realized it was growing in my pantry. Google revealed a lot of people plant a lot of things hehe.

I read up on Bay and read that you should use half sand-half perlite for them since they are prone to rotting. I tossed out the others since they rotted, except for one which seems to be starting roots. I cut off the rotting part on that one.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 2, 2010
3:33 PM

Post #8190878

Ahh! My subscription expires today! Better get that taken care of right away.
Have been having computer issues but think I am finally over that hump. Have my MG class tonight and did more Coleus cuttings in the greenhouse with my Aunt and Mother in Law. Then we went to lunch.. We have fun together out there! Still looking for water plants if anyone has any to trade. Working on my first big tree and shrub order today. Landscape Design is so cool! Customer is a single retired man and so he took all of my advice which was nice! Crape Myrtles, Japanese Maples, Holly, Hydrangeas and Butterfly Bushes to start with. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Mechelle
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 2, 2010
9:25 PM

Post #8191500

special request new thread with lots or new pictures thank you so much please love nettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 2, 2010
9:51 PM

Post #8191523

Here is you a picture Nettie.

Thumbnail by mekos

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2010
4:16 AM

Post #8191733

Mechelle

A friend at work was trying to give me water plants from his water feature. He was overgrown. Don't know if he still has some. I will check. He gave me some water plants that look like iris. Would you want some of them? I'll let you know what I find out. What are you looking for?

I got the rooting hormone. THANKS!

I've read a lot about W TX Mistflower. Is anyone familiar with this or have any seed they could send me?

Thanks,
Crit

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 6:17 AM

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 6:19 AM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2010
7:18 AM

Post #8192022

Crit, I may have that one. I have Love in a mist , if that is the same thing. I grew out some blue and pink and white ones and have a couple seed pods full of seeds ready to pick now. I'll put some in the RR box.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 11:34 AM
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2010
8:08 AM

Post #8192136

mekos I'm planning on planting some Love in a mist and was wondering how big they get? I have three huge pots and wanted to dedicate one of them to it.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #8192282

I used a 3 gallon pot for mine and they were gorgeous all blooming at the same time. Blue white and pink mixed together. They didn't get real tall, just went up about a foot and hung all around the sides too. It really was awsome. Real lacey looking with blooms.

If any of you knew toofewanimals/toomanyanimals?(I don't remember which she used here) Sharon, her son died at 19 and will be burried today. They need our prayers right now.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2010
9:48 AM

Post #8192299

Mekos, Sharon is toofewanimals here... This is a link to the Prayer Request thread she started when her son got injured. Please everyone add your prayers and condolences there for her...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1136930/#top

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2010
9:59 AM

Post #8192316

Thanks Kelly. I will. I had not seen that. HUGS!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 3, 2010
10:44 AM

Post #8192406

You're welcome - nice words you posted there;o)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 3, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #8192627

Such a beautiful young man. So sorry for your loss. It is painful losing one so young and full of life. Prayers are sent your way. Walk in peace and love. ♥
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 3, 2010
7:14 PM

Post #8193379

THANKS mekos!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 3, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #8193411

You are welcome for whatever you think I did. (Blank stare)
Good night, will check back tomorrow.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 3, 2010
10:21 PM

Post #8193578

mekos thanks so much for all the goog words on my cp they are doing great the little one has put on new leaves, im thinkihg id like to find a few more might find someone who does good with seed that seams to be the best way yo get them have you ever grown any from seed. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 3, 2010
11:28 PM

Post #8193601

all wright mekos thats bad i must need some sleep hope thet fenish this house by friday/ love and hugs nettie. nighi all
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2010
4:20 AM

Post #8193684

mekos wrote:Crit, I may have that one. I have Love in a mist , if that is the same thing. I grew out some blue and pink and white ones and have a couple seed pods full of seeds ready to pick now. I'll put some in the RR box.

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 11:34 AM

LOL mekos. Maybe this will jog your memory and you can get rid of that blank stare. :-))
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 4, 2010
5:36 AM

Post #8193760

Yes on the water plants Crit!

It's time to order fruit trees! If anyone would like to place an order for their favorite or wish list trees, just let me know! They don't ship until Feb. Anything you like and that works in your zone.

Thank you! Mechelle

This message was edited Nov 4, 2010 1:52 PM
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 4, 2010
7:30 AM

Post #8193966

LOL, thanks Crit, My brain(whats left) tends to run off sometimes!LOL Yes, I'll add some seeds for you in the Round robin box. Thanks for reminding me of that, making a note right now. Nettie, my little Drosera sundews are blooming their hearts out and making seeds but those are small plants (tropical)and would have to kept inside-maybe a nice warm window sill , for winter,(They catch gnats and aphids) when the seed pods dry again, I can save you one and my pitcher plants had blooms and made seed pods too but those can stay out with the VFT but I didn't catch the seeds, IF they are still some out there, when the rain stops, I'll check for you. The way to get more VFT is pull the little arm off and put it in wet soil and it will root. I have a picture somewhere that shows how to do it, I'll try to find it for you. I have a dark red one and a green one. Let me see if I can find some seeds and you remind me in a week or so. My brain won't remember past a day or so.
Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 4, 2010
8:02 PM

Post #8195212

these young men promised me this was only going to take one more day. they did a good thing found a water line that is seaping needs to be fixed. mark will fix ehat for me when these men fenish what they are doing, i hope this is going to be worth all the work and filth in my house, im dreading the clean up may take a month to get it clean and put the house back togeather. and mekos i will remind you love and hugs nettie.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 4, 2010
11:48 PM

Post #8195348

I am sitting here staring at some seeds my neighbor gave me. She gave me two sandwich bags full of seeds given to her by another neighbor. One bag is of oriental poppies and the other are "unidentified" hollyhocks.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
5:00 AM

Post #8195446

mekos ... could you also slip in some seeds of the one that catches gnats? I buy a lot of fruit and am always bringing in those pesky tiny little fruit gnats with them, even if I leave them outside a bit before bringing them in. I need one of those in my kitchen! :-))
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #8195709

I have the same problem Crit. I've been looking for Sundews and Pitchers locally but the ones I've seen in Lowes haven't looked that great. I'm hoping the nursery will have them lol.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #8196102

Here is a good link for seed packet templates for the New Bees.
http://www.gardensandcrafts.com/seedpackets.html
When I print the two she offers on that page I switch the layout to landscape so the packets are a wee bit larger.

Also, remember to virus scan any downloads from the interwebs. As my friend says "I have enough pests in the garden, I don't need them on my computer too!"
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 5, 2010
4:35 PM

Post #8196601

hi everyone my extra young men are gone and the central heat is up and going strong im thrilled. now for the mess that will just take time and elbow work. im sure you have been there and done that. wish me luck.bill took all the air units out but one thats good. bless his heart he has been using the vaccum for me.and putting his cloths back in the closet that saved me alot of work. i rhink im good to go. now for a good nights sleep .take care love nettie
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
5:21 PM

Post #8196672

Did Gardenia cuttings in the gh today;-) Things are lookin' up!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010

Post #8196721

I need to trim my gardenia and try to start some cuttings. How do you do it?
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #8196754

I LOVE the templetes for the seed packets! I'm going to have to print some of those!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2010
6:17 PM

Post #8196760

You can save them to your computer too. I do that because I often lose bookmarks heh. I think I have downloaded every seedpacket template from the interwebs.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 6, 2010
6:41 PM

Post #8198367

goy all thr day lilys potted up in the greenhouse they should be fine until spring. ill have to build a new bed for them got to find a place for them. dh is going to have a hissy fit. i can live wiyh that. i think. love nettie,
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2010
6:05 AM

Post #8198910

Hey, does anybody know what a macro is?
In the picture contest list is says...

Mushrooms, Fungi, Seeds, Seed pods, Herbs and Grasses 72
Bulbs, Corms, Rhizomes and Tubers 97
Macros 78****************
Fruits, Vegetables and Fruit and Vegetable Display 53
Home Gardens
etc.

So what are Macros?

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
6:51 AM

Post #8198995

That's those cameras that can take a picture of a Gnat's eyelashes...☺
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2010
6:54 AM

Post #8199001

LOL rrm
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
7:39 AM

Post #8199067

macro just means up close and personal shots. Very detailed photos of teeny tiny thingies. Like gnat eyelashes (as stated above by ridesredmule) or bug boogers. Many cameras have macro features and digital SLR cameras have special lens you can buy.

Ah macros .. I've been longing for and drooling over a macro lens for my digital slr for 4 years now.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
7:45 AM

Post #8199078

I know they make for some fantastic pictures.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
7:47 AM

Post #8199085

I've been following this bug photographer and his pictures are amazing. Some of my friends who despise bugs have started following him lol.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 7, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #8199318

I need help. (NO comments! LOL) SOMEWHERE on one of the threads I was on, I promised SOMEONE I would snatch some solid green spider/airplane starts for them, but have lost my list and don't remember who it was! If it is you, or you know who it was, please d-mail me. I have them and would like to send to the person who wanted them. Sometimes I am such a ditz... whatta ya mean SOMETIMES????? sheesh
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #8199355

Hi Crit that was me :) I'll dmail you
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #8199658

Today I have emailed my favorite nursery and asked about carnivorous plants. They are 40 minutes away from where I live and I don't drive, so I've been putting it off.

Tomorrow I need to pick up some potting soil for my store bought lemongrass. I put it in water a week ago and now it's loaded with roots.
Jimenez_Garden
Jessup, PA
(Zone 6a)

November 7, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #8199889

Thanks for the macro info. Now i have another question or 3,lol

1st how can i make potting soil from homemade items. could i use like shredded paper dry leaves broken packing peanuts and dirt?

and how can i get my cuttings to grow roots faster? I hear about make tea from a weeping willow, but is it really tea or do you soak the branches for a day?
i've been wanting to buy this stuff but don't have the money for it so i'm looking for a free alternative to these items
any ideas?

TY
Elaine
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010

Post #8199916

I'm not sure about making soil from stuff around the house, but you could ask on your local freecycle or craigslist and see if anyone has any they no longer need.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 7, 2010

Post #8200111

Robin and probably mekos and rrm know about the willow tea. You soak the branches but I do not remember the details;o)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 7, 2010
10:12 PM

Post #8200313

mekos can you rent or buy a small propane tank you could run a small heater with a small tank of gass i thought you might already have a gass cook stove or some gass heat in your home thost heaters are not that hard to find. you can get them just about any where. lots of people heat there homes with them. one of the nursies over on the other side of the county heats with wood.. and uses the wood ash to grow some real nice plants. hope you find a good solution dh helped with myne. get your men to help you with this love and hugs nettie.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #8200602

We've got lots and lots of tree leaves here in western NY. I've been chopping them up with my mulch mower and spreading them about 6" deep in my annual garden. They're tilled under in the Spring to really loosen up the soil, better nitrogen than using a lot of chemicals to fertilize. Garden is pretty well cleaned up and done in until Spring, just a few houseplants left over. Bought a new Amaryllis for Christmas.

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #8200621

I went to a Lowes, they had amaryillis in there growing out of the boxes. I always want to rescue them all. Poor things. They want to grow and bloom so much. got my little gh stuffed got to go and clean it up and get rid of some leaves on the brugs. Look at the water too.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2010
8:37 AM

Post #8200913

Wow! - Found my original 2 oz. bottle of Shutz's Rootone hormone, laying around for 5 or 6 years or so! It's probably worth a couple hundred bucks by now, can't seem to buy it anywhere. I think the ENCON police snatched them up a while back. I wonder if it's even useable?

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2010
8:54 AM

Post #8200940

Shake it up real good and use it AL.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 8, 2010
11:33 AM

Post #8201221

What am I shaking here? This stuff looks kind of powdery.

Al
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
1:50 PM

Post #8201471

Crit, your gardenia cuttings are simple to do. You can root cuttings just about any time of year as long as the temperature is kept at at least 70*. As long as it hasn't lost leaves or gone dormant (depending on what type you have) you should be able to root from from the newer growth cuttings or softwood cuttings. Just dip in root hormone and keep the soil moist, not drenched, and it should root for you. Hope that helps!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 8, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #8201472

Knock, knock...anyone home?? Guess who finally paid their dues?? Me, me...I did, I did!

Hi Nettie..did you miss me??
Al, New York tomatoes do not like the Oklahoma heat...they are a no go here! I got great vines but the tomato was about the size of a golf ball, and there were only 2 on one plant, none on the other. They bloomed a little but not like they should...not Okie friendly! So there is the 'mater update.

Did I see someone from Sand Springs on here? I have family there, kinda distant family but family all the same. Kinda like y'all, my garden family, you are kinda distant but I love you all the same. (Except RRM, she throws poo at me)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2010
2:17 PM

Post #8201526

She needs the poo to fertilize her plants☺☺ Hey, Girl that Vick's plant is looking good. I put it in a hanging basket. Love the scent. Bonk!!!!! Got you with a donkey do, ha ha, he he!!! The poos on thee...
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2010
4:20 PM

Post #8201809

My store bought lemongrass has rooted and has been planted. I have a few newer stalks that need a few more days to root.
The thyme has also started to root.

Thumbnail by tikipod

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #8201918

Thanks Mechelle. I'm going to give it a try. Do the Hibiscus the same way?

I went to Lowes, but they didn't have the plants marked down very much. Had several varigated spider plants with lots of babies I wanted, kind of wind blown, but they wouldn't mark it down anymore. Was a young kid in the garden center ... he may not have the authority. I couldn't bring myself to 'snatch' a baby. LOL Maybe someone around here will have one they can send me a couple starts of.

Yes ENID ... I am from Sand Springs. I've worked here about 5 years but we just moved here last December. We are out by the lake.

tiki ... tell me what lemongrass is

Thanks.
Patti

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 8, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #8201970

It's an herb that has a sort of lemony taste to it. I'm not familiar with what it's used for except I have a box of tea that has it.

Crit, since you are sending me the Green, I can send you some variegated after the holidays. Dmail me and I'll mark it down.

I'm always tempted to snatch a spider baby. I resist it because I'm afraid to be yelled at lol. I went to Home Depot last week and found two babies that had fallen off. I handed them to the gal who was working and she told me to take them lol. One didn't survive but the other did.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #8201984

Sounds like a plan. Yours went out today.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 8, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #8202019

enid i thought you probly did smothing bad and got thrown in jail i wasn,t looking foward to that love and hugs nettie yes i missed you.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 8, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #8202040

elaine check out the texas rose rustlers web site they did have the way to make the willow tea posted im thinking you have to use a hammer on it and boil it slso but i can,t remember. i think it may be in with my rose starting book.nettie

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 10:53 PM
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
1:39 AM

Post #8202331

I make my willow tea by boiling some of the smaller limbs. I just cut them up and stick them in a big pot of water and boil for about 10 minutes. When it cools I put sticks and all in a gallon jar and water the willow starts with it. It works for me.

I have spider babies too Crit if you need some...they are just hangin' there waiting for a home.

Our Lowes sucks, they will only mark things down so far and then throw them away. If they didn't keep the dumpster in a locked area I would be up there every night saving those poor little plants.

Thanks for the poo RRM, it landed on my head!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
5:22 AM

Post #8202511

Anytime, SIS. i enjoyed throwing it. Keeps my old bones limber picking it up and arms going by throwing. ☺
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
2:23 PM

Post #8203296

Never promise that you won't buy any more plants because 5 minutes later you will see the two plants you have been looking for. I did this prior to entering Lowes (not our local store) and found they just got in some carnivorous plants! They had a very lovely Sundew and a huge Pitcher, but because I promised ... grrr.

In other news I bought some bulbs because my Dad said nothing about Bulbs.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
3:27 PM

Post #8203395

Hey.. Does anyone know how long it takes for a fern corm or bulb to grow? I got 15 from one Kimberly Queen Fern that I divided and I just wondered.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #8203449

Our Lowes had CPs too, and I bought two little ones. A sundew and a venus fly trap, I am sure they won't live long but I got them anyway!

Sooo, Nettie - where are you? By the way, nobody said I haven't done anything bad lately...I just haven't been caught yet! LOL
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 9, 2010
4:25 PM

Post #8203475

Lori, keep the sundew inside for winter, and VFT outside. They should be fine if you water with distilled or rain water.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
4:28 PM

Post #8203487

Lori, DON'T use CITY water, AT ALL!!!! on those carnivorus plants. it will burn them up, girl. Set out buckets to catch rain water or do as Mekos says and use distilled water.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #8203540

Enid ... yes, that would be lovely. All I have is the solid green from a plant at work that wasn't being taken care of. I cleaned it up and took out all the dead hangers. There were some babies there in bad shape and some broken off and just laying on the floor from the juveniles cleaning. Some rooted, some didn't. I never realized there were more than the 2 types, green and varigated!

mekos ... you sure the VFT will survive in the winter here??? It gets a mighty cold in Ooooooooooooo-klahoma when the wind comes whippin' down the plains...

I'm facinated by the carnivorous plants. The VFT is the only kind I've ever had. I love to set and watch them 'eat'. I know... I'm easily entertained!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
5:34 PM

Post #8203577

enidcandles - The Lowes in town has had some for a while but they had gnats in their little boxes. LIVE gnats were in with the sundew, seemed sort of odd. Plus they didn't look all that great. The one I went to is in another city and I was super mad because they had just gotten in their cp this morning.

mekos and ridesredmule - I just read that somewhere. I should catch some rain water for my spiders too. I mean, I live in Washington where we are being blessed with a load of rain ... a little too blessed actually lol.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
5:36 PM

Post #8203585

I'm with Crit, I am not so sure the Fly Trap will make it outside this winter, I think I will keep them both inside. I really, really want them to do good...one of those things, I don't want to be defeated! I have killed at least $200.00 of the little devils so far, I just don't want to give up yet.

Crit, I will send you some babies, I might actually be able to get those off to you tomorrow.

Oh, and distilled water, I am gonna try that this time. I have used rain water in the past and had no success so I will try something different this time.

Oh, and RRM...they had a $10.00 red pitcher plant but I decided if I can make this work and keep these alive maybe, just maybe you would send me another pitcher???
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
5:42 PM

Post #8203594

I think they put the gnats in there on purpose for the plants to have something to eat...the ones I have seen locally all have bugs flying around in those little boxes. I have been known to be wrong before so don't hold me to that!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
5:44 PM

Post #8203596

I was actually surprised to see a red pitcher there. We are going to our Lowes tomorrow for another reason and I'm not making any promises to Dad this time. With my luck though they probably didn't get in any new shipments.

I need to look up what kind of soil to use. Any suggestions from meko or rrm? I'm hoping to snag a pitcher and a sundew.

I'm sitting here looking at my spider plants and suddenly I'm thinking I need to figure out my 70's macrame hanger booklets. I want to make a two plant hanger since I'll need them!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
5:50 PM

Post #8203604

Thanks Enid, that sounds great.

mekos... have you started the seed swap? I saw you were shooting for the 8th to start.

I never realized spiders needed rainwater. I always water mine with city water.

I was on a thread and we were talking about different types of recycle items to start plants in. Someone mentioned yogurt containers. Anyone remember that or where it was? Thanks!
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #8203652

I don't eat yogurt so that is out for me, I have used styrofoam coffee cups from the everything's a dollar store with great success. Just poke holes in the bottom for drainage and you are set.

I better get out to the candle shop and get some work done..DH is gonna have his foot in my butt if I don't get some of my mess cleaned up!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #8203667

I save the styrofoam cups we get pop in from various places and use them.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 9, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8203681

Good plan! It seems whenever I save something for use later, DH manages to get his hands on it and it is gone...he really likes to throw things away! It sucks too 'cause sometimes I have some good stuff.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
6:28 PM

Post #8203692

My hubby is very helpful with that kind of stuff. He decided if it will keep me from spending money on something, he's all for it.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #8203699

I save various things:
small plastic cups - pudding, rice pudding, sour cream, yogurt, and ricotta cheese
plastic clam shells - rotisserie chicken, salads, deli food, other clam shells
paper cartons - milk, sugar or other dairy
Egg shells and cartons
Juice jugs or creamer containers, for watering with or mixing plant food.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #8203704

My dad is like that Enid so I've learned to hide it. If he ever looks in my kitchen cart well them, I'll be in trouble
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 9, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #8203731

I was on a thread and we were talking about different types of recycle items to start plants in. Someone mentioned yogurt containers. Anyone remember that or where it was? I was wondering about the yogurt containers. We eat yoplait and my DH noted that they taper from small at the top to larger at the bottom ... how was I going to get the plant out without tearing it up? I thought maybe I could cut it down the side, but wondered what others did. Egg cartons ... good idea there. Thanks!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 9, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #8203795

Crit I was worried about that too. I avoid buying those yogurt cups because of that. I either get the 4 packs with straighter sides or pick another brand that goes smaller on the bottom.

I forgot to add that we also reuse haagen dazs ice cream containers ... because it gives me an excuse to buy that brand.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 9, 2010
9:51 PM

Post #8204033

crit i have planted seed from the health food store. they always come up you get more seed for your money. love nettie.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 10, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #8204181

Gr8 idea nettie!!!!!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #8204295

I left my VFT outside but brought my little sundews in. they look o.k. so far but I have a time getting them to live. almost as bad as Sister Lori. We have a heck of a time. They are in a plastic fish aquarium.

enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 10, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #8204320

I think sister Lori just has issues!!! I have been doing some reading on Cobraplants.com and have decided these will never make it through the winter under my care. I am gonna try anyway, they are just too cool not to have a couple around.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #8204324

You will be o.k. If you don't try SIS, you won't ever know. Hang in there.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #8204500

Crit - I've used dozens of recycled containers in my taught courses for 4-H classes. I like to use the trashy stuff that kids can easily find at home or at the school cafeteria. This is all fine if you're not trying to look too professional about it, but I wouldn't reccommend for a commercial greenhouse grower. Almost anything will work as long as holes are punched in the bottom for proper drainage. I had problems once with egg cartons because the size of the spaces simply weren't big enough to hold my tomatoes. I also use Coolwhip and cottage cheese containers to start tomatoes and peppers about 3 weeks before transplanting into larger tray cells. Salad trays from McDonald's also work well with Jiffy pellets to start seeds.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 10, 2010
7:25 AM

Post #8204513

My BBQ chicken planter.

Al

Thumbnail by lycodad

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #8204515

Milk jugs and 2 liter jugs are great too.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 10, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #8204590

I love using milk jugs (we have a baby here you know) and pop bottles! They take up too much room in the trash cans so I like to find other uses for them!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2010
9:21 AM

Post #8204735

I'm with Al - I use whatever I can get my hands on and poke holes in;o) Egg cartons work best for seeds of things that don't like to be transplanted as you can tear the carton apart and plant it all straight into the ground. Same with making those little pots out of newspaper. They break down rather quickly once planted into soil.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #8204739

Hi guys, I love the recycling ideas.. I use all types of things to plant in also and I love milk jugs and 2 liter drink bottles for WS seeds.. My DH hates the jugs piled up in the pantry or the shed. Then he hates to see them stacked in the yard for the winter lol but oh well, he will get over that..My biggest problem this year will be a pup named Roscoe who thinks Milk jugs are made for him grrrrrr, blaming DH for that too.. He puts rocks in the jugs and Roscoe runs around the yard with the jug making all kinds or noise.. Those 2 were made for each other.. Two BIG Dummies hahahaha just kidding of course the dog is smart..

Thumbnail by huneybunch_2000

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #8204749

Roscoe is getting big, and cuter than ever;o)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
9:53 AM

Post #8204784

You so silly, Girl. Truthful, I'm sure. My dog likes to play with flowerpots. He has strung things from one side of yard to other. Roscoe is beautiful, love that color.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
9:56 AM

Post #8204785

OH OH OH OH OH I get to share my recent recycling idea :D
Two jugs of water were delivered to my neighbor in error and they said they'd pick them up but they never did. So my dad and I took them. I'm thinking of making little green houses with them hehe.
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

November 10, 2010
10:08 AM

Post #8204802

Lol talk about recycling look at that collar.. Lmao it is hunting season and I cant find an orange collar small enough to fit him so my youngest son took an orange tshirt and cut the sleeve to make Roscoe an orange collar so deer hunters can see him, because he is always chasing the squirrels up into the woods...

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 10, 2010
10:16 AM

Post #8204817

LOL Roscoe - good thing at least one of your humans is smart;o) Nice recycling job!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010

Post #8204842

Well we went to Lowes and they had some decent looking carnivorous plants but unfortunately not the ones I saw at the other Lowes :( I will have to get them all situated after I open those jugs for recycling. I am reserving the water since it appears to be distilled.

I just got back from helping my neighbor out. She broke her wrist last year and has difficulties still so I took down her three hanging baskets. It's been raining so the soil is all soaked and it makes them very heavy. Since I re-hurt my shoulder today unloading those same jugs I had my dad bring a ladder for me.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 10, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #8204904

Hey RRM, would you come over please???!! I ordered a new window for my garage the other day, it came in and I can't quite make it fit. I have baleing wire, duct tape and yellow twine; if you would bring your baleing twine over, I am sure we could get that thing to stay in the hole somehow!! LOL

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
12:25 PM

Post #8205007

O.K. That binding twine will hold it up. My mailbox is still standing. ☺ Maybe we can get it in somehow.. huh????? Betcha, we could.
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 10, 2010
2:50 PM

Post #8205235

I got it by golly, it looks like crap but it is in! Mike measured from the inside so I had to install it from the inside therefore, the window sill is on the outside...what a mess!!! I knew I should have double checked his measurements!!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 10, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #8205242

Yeah!!!! for you girlfriend. I knew you could do it. ☺☺
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 10, 2010

Post #8205666

enid i don,t know about you my favorite all around tool is super glue could have saved you alot of time and worry love and hugs nettie

This message was edited Nov 10, 2010 9:09 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 10, 2010
8:22 PM

Post #8205800

my dh tells family and frinds he lived with a person who is a horder thats some one who keeps everyphing , that is not true i only keep things that are good stuff. if you can plant in it or it will hold water it has to be kept dh says get rit of it. i just let him go can,t do much wu=ith him. he is not as bad as he was. im going to bed love and hugs nettie.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #8206224

Nettie, I let my DH say what he wants and then I do as I want and all he does is Shake his Head.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2010
7:30 AM

Post #8206281

LOTS of good recycling ideas!!!!!! Aren't we a thrifty bunch! I love to recycle. Hate to spend good money on store bought stuff, when I can make it work just fine in recycled stuff. Love to check out estate sales or junk stores looking for something to make a planter out of. DH just smiles at me, he doesn't mind because I'm not spending money. LOL

My kids and ex-H use to say I could fix anything with superglue and duct tape! :-)
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2010
12:05 PM

Post #8206630

Huney!! Where have you been girlfriend? Cute puppy! Hi Kelly and Enid and Crit and RRM and Al and well, everyone!
I have some more exciting news for you guys. We picked up a 2nd location in Ashland, MS! It is a statuary but we plan to of course make it a nursery/statuary. It is a good compliment to Bolivar Nursery and we will sell to each other back and forth. I have been so busy but just wanted to share my news.

Working in the greenhouse today. I need to divide some Kimberly Queen and Boston Ferns. I still haven't really gotten an answer to my question about the root balls. Does anyone know how long it takes to grow a new plant from one of these balls? Any info would be much appreciated! Hope you all are having a good day!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2010
12:22 PM

Post #8206642

Are you talking the little nodes that grow in the roots? I've never done that. I've only divided the plants and repotted them.

CONGRATULATIONS on your new place. That is terrific!
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #8206964

Some of those nodes are pretty big actually. Like an inch x an inch. I threw some of them in a small pot with mix. I was just hoping. I found some of the same nodes/bulbs in Ipomoea and it grew a new plant from it. The Sheriff in our county brought me his wife's ferns to overwinter in the greenhouse and they are so BIG and beautiful! I went to pick one up and it came out of the pot and there are a TON of those bulbs or bulbis or whatever the heck they are! I was told that each of those would make a new fern but just wanted to check with the experts :-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 11, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #8207292

I have seen them on Asparagus Fern, and yes, they do get pretty large. I've never tried to grow from those, I always threw them away. Drat!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 11, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #8207373

i have planted my furns out in flower bads and take them in in fall onlt to find little furns comming up in the spring so i know they will come up just don,t how long they take, i don,t do that anymore to much work. i would love to start some camillas from my big red bush it is real pretty but i don,t know where to start. ive been told can.t be done but people know how i am. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 11, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #8207387

a friend of myne has sent me a bag of small taters she said it is some kind of ivy thought mekos or rj might know what it is or rrm you might know im not going to plant them until i find out what it is. nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 11, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #8207393

bill dors let me pick up the tea pots only get those with no lids then i put holes in the bottom of the pots make pretty planters, nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 11, 2010
9:01 PM

Post #8207463

i guess mekos is not here tonight oh well just my luck.ill just have to wait.the story of my life. love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 11, 2010
9:03 PM

Post #8207464

loca have you seen the little ladies any where on here. thanks nettie

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 12, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #8207724

They seem to be missing in action nettie;o)
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #8207860

Today we are returning one of the carnivorous plants I bought. When I went to repot it I found it had a 1/2 inch black root. So I'm taking it back. I will pick up a new but not I'm not it'll be at that Lowes unless they get some fresh ones in today.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #8208096

Mekos has been sick, Nettie. she can''t stand to be up for very long. Hasn't even been able to take care of little angel. Now you know, she is not well for that to happen.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2010
1:50 PM

Post #8208402

Hi Ya'll - Got a touch of the flu bug last week, but getting back to normal. Slowed me down a bit for garden work, it's mostly cleaned up for the winter months. Now need to get organized for the upcoming holidays. Wifey will be snowed under with concert performances so I get to cook and clean for a while until the seasons over.

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
3:18 PM

Post #8208519

Refresh my memory AL, what does she play???
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 12, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #8208696

if the weather would settle that would help some as far as i know there is no cure for what she has i sleep alot when it flairs up it doesn,t help all that much but i can stand it a little better. i was hopeing she was over it for a while i will put her back in my prayers im so sorry she feel bad again. hope she gets better real soon love nettie

This message was edited Nov 12, 2010 9:18 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
4:45 PM

Post #8208705

I'll tell her Nettie. She says "soon as I feel better, I will be back"
Yes, we will both say prayers. Bless you dear.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 12, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #8208765

Ellen is the vocal music director at our local high school. She also teaches younger elementary grades during the week. She will direct two huge school programs just before Christmas, plus play the piano for a professional concert orchestra during the holidays. It's practice, practice, and more practice with a lot of evening work to be done. We hope to be fully retired sometime around February 1st., maybe do some traveling to someplace warm for the rest of the winter. I can't foresee her ever getting completely out of the music business though, just likes it so much.

Al

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 12, 2010
5:20 PM

Post #8208773

It is her life, AL. That is nice, so nice of you to help her out. that is what makes her happy.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 12, 2010
11:08 PM

Post #8209051

ive said this before a very special lady you have al but im sure you know that, love to you both nettie. past my bed time think im going to head that way.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 13, 2010
9:42 AM

Post #8209521

I "bagged" my turkey this morning, a 22 pounder from Wegman's Market! They were selling them for just 39 cents a pound on their annual promotion. I'll likely be doing the cooking for Thanksgiving, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday because everybody else is working on the weekend.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 13, 2010
6:32 PM

Post #8210178

When the weather acts up, it really flares up my fibromyalgia. Even though I take medication for it, the rain and low barometer pressure always makes me hurt. I hate winter because the cold really bothers me. Besides the creams, patches, heating pad and meds, there isn't much else I can do about it. A massage once in a while helps. I'm really wiped out this evening. Trimmed up a bunch of things and put them in potting mix to root. Step-son carried all the plants in the house for me. Then, since it was dark, held the flash-light so I could dig the 2 big banana trees. I brought the small ones in a while back. Suppose to be freezing temps here at night the next 7 days. Glad we only have to move them around twice a year!
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 13, 2010
6:42 PM

Post #8210193

I'm not sure we've been getting freezing temperatures here or not because my body temperature is off. I switched up my medication and it's thrown my body off whack.

I managed to stay busy all day but got very little done. I made a bog bowl for half of my carnivorous plants. I potted the store bought thyme and another lemongrass that I rooted. Repotted my Christmas cactus and potted a bayleaf stem that may or may not have rooted.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 13, 2010
9:31 PM

Post #8210360

al i think my rooting hormone is probly about 10 years old still works good so i just keep useing it. it .s not bad until it stops working. nettie

This message was edited Nov 14, 2010 12:00 AM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 13, 2010
9:45 PM

Post #8210368

crit you may need to get you a wagon for your rideing lawn mower they are real handy. i usee ours allot but i have two grown sons that will help me if i beg and i know how to beg. ive done alot for them and would do alot more if they needed me and i stay able. you take care of your self and don,t over do love and hugs nettie

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 14, 2010
5:47 AM

Post #8210619

I love my trailer. Especially to haul rocks and pinestraw.
Very handy.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #8210949

I have a trailer for my mower. I use it all the time to take hay across the road to the horses, and tons of other things. Couldn't use it to bring the plants in however. They were all on the deck around the pool. Have to be hand carried. Can use the 'little red wagon' for some of them.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010

Post #8210953

My plants around the pool.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
8:56 AM

Post #8210955

Another

My little Rat Terrier Pistol is in this one. :-)

This message was edited Nov 14, 2010 12:03 PM

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #8210962

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #8210966

Last one. Wish we could attach more than 1 photo at a time!!!

Thumbnail by Crit

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 14, 2010
2:48 PM

Post #8211517

dh will not let me have a pool that one is very nice we are to ckose to the lake he don,t won,t to do maintance on one ill get over it some time or not. love nrttie hope you are feeling better today.

This message was edited Nov 14, 2010 6:29 PM
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 14, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #8211524

Beautiful pool and deck garden Crit.

Al
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
3:36 PM

Post #8211597

Thanks Al and Nettie. We really enjoy it.

Nettie, We live about 6 miles from the large Keystone Lake here and we still have a pool. :-) It isn't all that much trouble. Put in a few chemicals, Clean it out once in a while . ENJOY, ENJOY, ENJOY all the time! That is one of the things that sold me on this house, besides loving the house. It isn't heated, which is when I really need it for the Fibro so could use during the winter, but during the summer I swim and walk in the pool. Walking is really good exercize with the water resistance, and easier on your joints. It is about 5' deep in the middle and slopes upward on each end. Great for walking
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
4:04 PM

Post #8211635

Nice pictures Crit! All thats missing is one of Mekos' Mojito's! I have some pretty Majesty Palms that would look great out there by the pool. ;-)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #8211655

I actually bought 2 Majestic or Majesty Palms at WallyWorld this fall, then divided them and got 5! :-)) I had them setting at the 4 corners of the pool, but was afraid silly dog might run into them while chasing a frog or grasshopper, or the wind would topple them right into the pool. Have them in the fiberglass/styrofoam type planters that look like concrete. If you look real close at the one that has my doggie in it, you can see one of them between the whiskey barrell and trellis. They aren't real big yet, but they will be!!!!!
My new brugs will be pretty around the pool too. That's about the only place that gets full sun. There and just on the other side of the deck about 10 feet out.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 14, 2010
4:19 PM

Post #8211663

I love all the pretty tropical plants. Especially the Palms..
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 14, 2010
8:20 PM

Post #8212024

you need to post a good picture of the little dog i can,t see him nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
4:49 AM

Post #8212346

nettie ... i have 2 Rat Terriers. This pic is of Pistol. She is about 16 years old now but physically acts like a puppy. She is losing her sight and teeth, but continues to go go go! :-))

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #8212348

This is her favorite place to sleep, when she isn't laying beside me in the recliner.

Thumbnail by Crit

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
4:52 AM

Post #8212351

This is Polly. She is about 7 years old now. I rescued her from the pound when she was about 6 months old, so I call her my 'pound puppy', which was a toy when my kids were young. A little stuffed dog complete with adoption papers and everything. :-)

Thumbnail by Crit

arejay59
Litchfield, ME
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2010
9:16 AM

Post #8212790

Good Morning Everyone...Jan are you here?
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
10:39 AM

Post #8212960

Afternoon Everyone ;-)
Just sharing a few pictures. This one is inside the greenhouse in Bolivar.

Thumbnail by MechelleT

MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #8212970

And this is the place in Ashland, MS.

Busy Busy Busy!

Hope you guys are having a good day :-)

Thumbnail by MechelleT

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #8213027

You got it going!!! good for you Mechelle. Proud of you.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
2:08 PM

Post #8213313

This one's for you RRM :-)

Thumbnail by MechelleT

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 15, 2010
2:23 PM

Post #8213336

Mechelle, they look Great. Wait til those cabbages start growing. You'll have to put them in a kiddie pool. Looking good, Girl. ☺

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 15, 2010
3:37 PM

Post #8213457

Excellent job Mechelle! you go girl;o)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 15, 2010
5:35 PM

Post #8213714

Congratulations Mechelle! Looking good!
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 15, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #8213833

Worked your way right into a full time job, whow that's really great!

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #8213991

Mojitos for everyone!

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 15, 2010
7:41 PM

Post #8213995

More where those came from. :o)

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 15, 2010
9:06 PM

Post #8214084

mechelle you are doing great keep it up wish you could send me some of your energy i could sure use some you are doing so good big hug love nettie. take time to smell yhe roses,
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 15, 2010
9:21 PM

Post #8214096

crit good looking little rats i had two of them they are gone now they had a good life i sure missed them for a long time they did alot of work with me, peanut.and sissy. they were smart littie dogs.love nettie hope you feel better today

This message was edited Nov 15, 2010 11:22 PM
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 16, 2010
12:51 AM

Post #8214183

mekos thanks i needed that good to see you on here been thinking about you hope you are feeling better.t lost my new plant today was in tears the son moved it when he made his jerkey i was just about crazy, ill be ok with a good nights sleep,talk later hugs and love nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2010
3:47 AM

Post #8214256

mekos wrote:More where those came from. :o)

ALLLLLLLLL-RIGHTY THEN!!!!!!! The pool is just setting there waiting for us! Just need to ask God to turn on the heater so we can all enjoy it!

Ya'll come!!!!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2010
3:52 AM

Post #8214261

littlenettie wrote:crit good looking little rats i had two of them they are gone now they had a good life i sure missed them for a long time they did alot of work with me, peanut.and sissy. they were smart littie dogs.love nettie hope you feel better today

This message was edited Nov 15, 2010 11:22 PM

Thanks nettie ... I am feeling better.

Love my little rats. They are great 'critter-gitters'. Snakes, mice, grasshoppers, frogs ... lol ... Seriously, they are great to have around, and sooooo smart! Got my first one about 28 years ago, and have had them ever since.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2010
7:33 AM

Post #8214598

Marking my spot by the pool!

I'm sorry about your plant Nettie. Which one_ the VFT?

This message was edited Nov 16, 2010 10:35 AM

Thumbnail by mekos

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #8214884

poor Nettie, let us know what you lost. We may be able to help you replace it.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #8214947

Thank you guys so much for all the love and support. I appreciate each and every one of you :-) We are so going to have a round up and try to get everyone together. Wouldn't that be great?
X's and O's,
Mechelle

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #8214990

that would be wonderful.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 16, 2010
3:27 PM

Post #8215428

amerllis the butterfly one i did find it it had just been moved from where i put it. the children just don,t understand if i have things moved then i have a hard time finding it, love nettie
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 16, 2010
3:31 PM

Post #8215434

rrm do they do brain transplant now if yhey did id be camped out side the door. if they did dh would be all for me haveing one,

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2010
3:55 PM

Post #8215464

Honey, I bet a lot of our husbands think that. don't pay no tention to him. You are great the way you are. You wouldn't be the same with someone elses brain. Just stay our sweet Nettie, who we love.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #8215744

Mechelle, Couldn't get you any water plants. He had already chopped them all down for winter. May be able to get you some next summer.
Sorry

Crit
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 16, 2010
6:18 PM

Post #8215840

Tell me what you need Mechelle, I got water plants out the kazoo.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 16, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #8216116

Mekos I would like any kind of water plant you are willing to send me :-)
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 16, 2010
10:40 PM

Post #8216197

mrkos i could do some la iris for her but i can,t stand the cold i could do it in the spring but not now im a wimp. love nettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2010
8:19 PM

Post #8217865

Nettie, you put my name on some of them LA Iris this spring ,too! LOL
OK Mechelle, I'll go through the ponds and my stash and see what I can scrounge up for you this weekend. I have a few things still green in the ponds and seeds in the stash.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 17, 2010
9:24 PM

Post #8217927

mekos my cp look real good the pitcher is growing more hair on the uood. the little sun dew is growing new leaves they seem to be happy the pitcher is a purple one i think im going to school tomorow for turkey day gpaw is going also he is very excited about this eating togeather , im gona have to go to bed eariler than usual love and hugs nettie i still don.t have a fly trap lows didn,t have one.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 17, 2010
9:56 PM

Post #8217943

I'll try to root one of mine for you Nettie. I have a green one and a deep red one.(VFT)
They really need to stay outside for winter because they go dormant and rejuvinate during winter. If you keep them inside they will only live a couple years and die.
I have several different sundews, those are tropical and need to stay inside for winter though.
You get some rest and eat lots of Turkey.

Thumbnail by mekos

tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 17, 2010
10:45 PM

Post #8217957

Mekos I love that photo of your vft under snow! I've had everyone and their mother here telling me they'll die outside. I'm so tempted to waltz into Lowes right now and free their VFT :-/ They looked so terrible last time I was in.

I have to figure out how to fix the seal in my window and sliding glass door. I just realized they are turned and letting in too much cool air. None of my drosera can sit there :-/ It's quite windy and we are expecting snow so I'm hoping we can do this without removing the door.

My vft and pitchers are doing great during this wind storm. I have a few big pots blocking the wind :D
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2010
4:41 AM

Post #8218060

mekos wrote:I'll try to root one of mine for you Nettie. I have a green one and a deep red one.(VFT)
They really need to stay outside for winter because they go dormant and rejuvinate during winter. If you keep them inside they will only live a couple years and die.
I have several different sundews, those are tropical and need to stay inside for winter though.
You get some rest and eat lots of Turkey.

mekos ... you say you put your VFT outside during the winter? I thought they were a 'tropical' plant. I'm in 7a and we get reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaally cold here during the winter!!!!! I thought that would kill them. I've had them in the past, but like you said, they died on me. I would love to have a couple more if you have any extra of each color. If not, I'll search for them elsewhere.

Thanks!!!

OH MY ... I didn't ever realize the picture was of them in snow!!!! I guess they would be OK outside here too! :-))

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010 6:43 AM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 18, 2010
4:46 AM

Post #8218067

I keep seeing people talk about pitchers. I'm not familiar with that plant. Is it a carniverous?
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #8218302

Yes, pitcher plants are carnivorous plants, they stay outside also in a bog. Mostly the reason these plants die is because they get watered with tap water or planted in regular soil with minerals and chemicals which is certain death to them. Those particular snowed in plants I showed in the picture above,are some of my friends when I asked if they can stay outside and she sent it to show mw, YES they need the cold.
ONLY the sundews come inside. I have more pictures of them covered in ice and snow and in the spring they are awsome.
http://carnivorousplantnursery.com/index.htm
Check out these.
http://www.carnivorousplants.org/gallery/gallerymain.html

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010 10:26 AM
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2010
8:24 AM

Post #8218454

Mekos do you have pictures of your deep red? I'm hoping to order some in spring if this little fella survives the great outdoors.
I'm checking out the link with my son.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
8:38 AM

Post #8218487

Here are a few pictures of one of my bogs. But it rained a lot here in the picture so it has more water in there than it normally would have.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
8:40 AM

Post #8218495

Here is one of some pitcher plants too.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 18, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #8218501

Nice mekos! Mine all died over the summer;o(
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #8218503

All that green grassy looking stuff there is White star grass, it is kinda trying to take over so I need to pull some of it but haven't found time and energy at the same time.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #8218526

Here is a green VFT with some little sundews, I have to take the green VFT out for the winter but haven't yet.The sundews stay inside but the VFT goes out to the big bog.

Thumbnail by mekos

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010

Post #8218537

Sorry Kelly, we over posted , sorry to hear you lost yours. It just may be too hot in your neck of the woods to keep them in summer unless you take them inside. Not sure.

Mojoito is in labor and soon we should have some little Mojos Gizmos popping out.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010 12:41 PM

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2010
9:49 AM

Post #8218641

Gonna have Puppies, we are gonna have Puppies. I love pupppies.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #8218681

I think Charleen is happy, can you tell?

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 18, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #8218690

I didn't know we were having babies! Yeah;o)

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #8218773

We gonna have Puppies. Gizmo is a tiny daddy. Yeah!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
12:13 PM

Post #8218862

Here is my baby in labor.

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 18, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #8218869

Oh my goodness! Look at that big 'ol belly!

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 18, 2010
12:15 PM

Post #8218873

Ain't she pitiful? Poor little thing.
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 18, 2010
3:36 PM

Post #8219212

She looks ready I think..hope everything comes out all right Mojo. Good Luck!

Al
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 18, 2010
4:10 PM

Post #8219253

mechelle all your plants in the greenhouse look good nice work love nettie. keep up the good work and don,t ouer work.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 18, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #8219317

mekos its time to pay again but i can,t remember how much or where to send it could you help me thank you littlenettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 18, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #8219390

Nettie, they will send you a d-mail from the management and it will have the information in there with a link to click on to help you. I sent you a d-mail but if you still need help just holler.
HUGS!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 18, 2010
10:31 PM

Post #8219736

mekos ive got a onion thay is droping little ones all over the place need to move it into a bigger pot little ones are falling on the ground they will get smusged on the floor of the greenhouse, made myself a note to re pot it. hope the people in my house leave my notre where i put them. good luck with your little girl their hope she has an easy time. think im going yo bed talk later love and hugs nettie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2010
6:18 AM

Post #8220014

Awwwww, bless her little heart. She reminds me of my Toy Rat Terrier when she was pg. I think normally she weighed about 5 or 6 pounds. She looked like a tick with that BIG OLE BODY and tiny little head. LOL
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2010
7:56 AM

Post #8220131

No babies yet. She is just pulling my leg I guess. Maybe TODAY will be the day.
Sorry Nettie, I never had an onion to drop babies like that, I bet it is pretty. I have a pregnant onion, ... Hmmmm HOPE this isn't contagious! Preg. dog, preg. onion?????
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2010
8:14 AM

Post #8220176

Maybe she's having braxton hicks contractions and thought she was in labor? Er do dogs get Braxton Hicks?!?
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #8220184

Be sure to share your grandpuppy pictures when they arrive!

Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #8220270

Will definately show pictures of babies. I'm thinking of helping her out by hugging her real hard...??? NOT really, but thinking about it.
I guess things was just getting started yesterday, she slept good last night (I didn't) .
Well, I guess they will arrive when they suppose to. She was due Wednesday.
It looks like they trying to scratch out through the sides.LOL
enidcandles
Enid, OK

November 19, 2010
10:21 AM

Post #8220383

Dang Mekos, maybe your dog is an elephant and has to carry those pups around forever!

Crit, did I remember to send your spider plant or did I forget? I get really confused sometimes!

We have family Thanksgiving tomorrow so busy getting ready for that today...just got back from grocery store, they are busy already and the real deal isn't until next week.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 19, 2010

Post #8220407

I hope they come soon - poor thing looks uncomfortable. And you my friend need your sleep...

They can give you a due date for a dog? Crazy - lol.
tikipod
(Ang) Bremerton, WA
(Zone 8b)

November 19, 2010
12:03 PM

Post #8220563

I hope the babies come smoothly! I wish I had puppy excitement due in my life. The only excitements for me today are baking gingersnap cookies with cayenne and making a terrarium.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2010
1:44 PM

Post #8220703

Kelly, yes they can give you a due date for a dog. Their gestation period is 62-63 days.

Mekos, if she doesn't have them soon you might want to get her to the vet. Has she had litters before? If so, that is in her favor. If the first one is too big and won't deliver, you could lose them all AND momma. Don't want to frighten you, but if you KNOW her due date was Wednesday, I'd be thinking about having her checked out.

Patti

This message was edited Nov 19, 2010 3:48 PM
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2010
1:47 PM

Post #8220711

Enid,
Yes, you did send the spider plants. I hadn't been able to find a thread that you were on so I could tell you. Thanks so much!!!!!
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2010
5:13 PM

Post #8220963

I have my vet on speed dial and he is standing by but you count the time from when they first mate and with him being so tiny and young he may not have been fertile the first mating time, so my count could be off by a day or two. She may not have gotten pregnant the first time.?? Vet says she is ok and not to worry, yes she had babies before I ever got her. I got her at 3 years old a year ago. He was 3 months old when I got him and he is less than 1 year old now, so she could have got pregnant on the last matings not the first, or just being slow this time, vet said they can go early or a week or so late. Just like people. She is not stressed or pushing, just had a few contractions yesterday but not anything much at all today till now she is nesting. Scratching in her bed to make it comfy for the new ones. I believe tonight will be the night. She is healthy and no reason to think anything is wrong.
Puppies are still very active.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 19, 2010

Post #8221014

Great news mekos. Yup, if she is nesting it will probably be tonight. You KNOW SHE is ready!!!! I had a Rat Terrier momma, when I raised them, that would always wait until I got home to have hers. She kept getting up on my sons bed this one time, which was where she usually slept. I kept trying to get her to the closet where her box was, but she kept going back to the bed. My son was about 12 or so and was like 'not on my bed!!!!' LOL I told him it was her bed too.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 19, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8221050

LOL yep, that is like the Momas. They pick their spots wheather you like it or not. I'm sure it will be soon. Everytime we ever had puppies it was ALWAYS in the middle of the night and I would be up all night helping to deliver them and clean them up. She dropped down a few days ago so she is ready, as soon as mother nature tells her, they will arrive & We'll be ready. Got lots of towels and heat lamp and extra blanket for clean bed afterwards till I can wash her bed up so just waiting with her.

ridesredmule

ridesredmule
Barnesville (Charle, GA
(Zone 8b)

November 20, 2010
4:24 AM

Post #8221402

Mekos, you dsuch a grand Granny. All ready for the babies. bless you all.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 20, 2010
9:15 AM

Post #8221800

mekos billy don came over and paid my bill so im good for another year. hope your noma is doing well. hope she is not waiting for you to have those pups for her love and hugs littlenettie.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 20, 2010
11:16 AM

Post #8221954

That is probably what she is waiting on Nettie. She has a contraction everyonce in a while but nothing strong yet. and they don't keep up, just one or two and she sleeps.
It's driving me batty and I was up ALL night last night so gonna rest up today because when I'm exausted is when they will drop, I'm sure.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 21, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #8222939

LOL mekos. She's just 'teasing' you. I was wondering about the babies, but know when they made their entrance you would be on here.
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 21, 2010
8:43 PM

Post #8224482

#5 just arrived! Here is the first 4.The last one looks very light cinnamon and also a girl, so we have 3 black and tan like daddy and 2 cinnamon like moma. Waiting on the next one.

Thumbnail by mekos

littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 21, 2010
10:14 PM

Post #8224543

mekos do you think she may need to walk around some i don,t know much about dogs in labor. you would probly know better than me.does she like to do certain things. does she mostly stay in the house with you. oh my i wish she would get on with it love and hugs nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 21, 2010
10:19 PM

Post #8224545

she looks good . you rest when you get time.im proud of her love you nettie
lycodad
Hornell, NY
(Zone 5a)

November 22, 2010
5:34 AM

Post #8224770

CONGRATULATIONS MEKOS!! Now we all feel like Granddoggies. Hope Mojo's okay, give her a treat for me.

Love
Al
mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #8224916

Good morning everyone! Mojo is finally resting till vet check later today when I'm sure will be a handful and very much protecting her babies. She is a wonderful mommy. Babies came from 7:25-11:30 last night. Total was 4 girls and 1 boy. And even Gizmo made it through the process.

Treats, Mojitos and cookies to everyone. Seems 5 was the lucky # for Mojoito. Here is the final photo for now. Have a great day everyone and mojitos are on me! Margaritas too CUE!
:-)

Thumbnail by mekos

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2010
9:07 AM

Post #8225173

Yeah - cute babies Grandma!
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 22, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #8225459

i love them good job im glad it is over lovr nettie got to get dressed going to help dau move a book case im ready parker has alot of books stored at my house im slowly but surely getting mf house back love nettie hsve a good day.
MechelleT
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #8225848

Awwwww! Mekos! So sweet! Give them baby kisses for me!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

November 22, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #8225890

Dontcha just LOVE puppy breath!!!!!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2010
5:57 PM

Post #8226023

Here's my baby - she's having her first heat and is staying with Yankee's sister Jasmine at my SILs... Yankee is my male Yorkie for those who don't know. I'll post a pic after this one. Here is Stormy in her papmer. It's a cell pic so not sure how well it's going to view...

Thumbnail by locakelly

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 22, 2010
5:59 PM

Post #8226026

Here's my Yankee...

Thumbnail by locakelly

mekos
Fair Play, SC
(Zone 7b)

November 22, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #8226220

Look how she is growing! She is still cute as pie! And Yankie is missing her I bet! They are litttle darlins. I just love them.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 22, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #8226356

loca could we have a new thread this one is very long thank you love nettie.
littlenettie
Booneville, AR

November 22, 2010
10:19 PM

Post #8226422

mekos im so happy your little girl is ok and she has some lovely pups im glad its over for you and her/ ive got to go pick up some more food eor turkey day i syay tirde abd my kids stay hungry. im sure all family,s are like that, im going to bed talk later love and huos nettie.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

November 23, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #8226843

New thread peeps...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1142497/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Garden Talk Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America