AuthorContent
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2010
12:52 PM

Post #8160820

Hi,

I am cross posting this (from Florida Gardeners), and I hope no one minds. I am developing a local Carnivorous Plant Club, and I will make a page on facebook when the club votes on a name. Although I would like to have members I can meet in person, I would also welcome anyone from anywhere who would like to join us virtually. I have have a page once we all decide on a name. This club will welcome anyone from beginners to advanced growers.

If anyone would like to join us, drop me a D-mail. I would like your email, so I can keep you in the loop with the other members until we have the page. I also wouldn't mind cross posting the info onto here, if it more convenient for anyone interested.

Thanks, Tanja

Thumbnail by starsplitter7
Click the image for an enlarged view.

newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

October 17, 2010
3:03 PM

Post #8160990

Please include me, I want to learn more and share ideas.
Cheryl
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 17, 2010
3:47 PM

Post #8161032

Great! We'll be thrilled to have you. :)
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 19, 2010
6:31 AM

Post #8163927

Sorry about Cross posting again: I wanted to let everyone know that I will be teaching a Free class on Propagating Carnivorous Plants at the South Shore Regional Library in Ruskin on Saturday (23rd) at 4 PM. I will have a VFT raffle (I have 7 to give away), and I will be giving away seeds, cuttings, roots, . . .whatever I can find. I know there are a couple Florida CP growers on here. :)

breeindy

breeindy
north coast nsw
Australia

October 26, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #8177338

Sounds good but im not a facebook member and don't plan on it. sorry!
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #8178289

Well, if you wanted to keep tabs on the club, I would be happy to send you emails. :)

Do you have security issues with facebook? I play games on it, and use it to find friends and family. So far it is the easiest method, not to mention it is free. :)
tommyr2006
Poughkeepsie, NY

October 27, 2010
9:23 AM

Post #8179334

I don't do Facebook either. Tried it for a couple months but it bored me to tears. Plus who needs the security issue problems that are always creeping up? Not me.

breeindy

breeindy
north coast nsw
Australia

October 27, 2010
12:16 PM

Post #8179667

Lets just say i know all the family i want to, i have a bf so im not looking for a guy and i couldnt care less about the idiots i went to school with. hehehe!
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 27, 2010
6:33 PM

Post #8180464

i like a way to form clubs and keep everyone together for free. People have a tendancy not to hit reply all in emails.

I haven't had any security issues personally. I can't day I get the social networking aspect. But I do like the games like Tetris. :)

breeindy

breeindy
north coast nsw
Australia

October 28, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #8181580

I don't have any time to play games or read for that matter with work and family life but i do reply to emails and pms.
Sounds like a good idea though.
starsplitter7
Tampa, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 28, 2010
9:08 PM

Post #8182375

It's because I need to have a simple way to connect with all twenty people in the club. I don't have time to answer multiple individual emails. I just want to get the info out to everyone at once. I guess for me it is like being on here. We all talk and share information and plants and wonderful pictures. :)

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Carnivorous Plants Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vegitarian Plants BogweedBuck 15 Aug 1, 2008 9:14 AM
You all have got to see this! Equilibrium 21 Oct 15, 2008 5:40 PM
Philcula, bog pot or ground bog for new sarracenia hybrid GSkinner 36 Jan 17, 2010 7:35 AM
Let's make a little bog garden! Pixydish 31 Oct 4, 2007 3:17 AM
A couple of my CPs I have yet to kill off Gerris2 9 Apr 28, 2007 7:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America