Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Carnivorous Plant Club

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

I am cross posting this (from Florida Gardeners), and I hope no one minds. I am developing a local Carnivorous Plant Club, and I will make a page on facebook when the club votes on a name. Although I would like to have members I can meet in person, I would also welcome anyone from anywhere who would like to join us virtually. I have have a page once we all decide on a name. This club will welcome anyone from beginners to advanced growers.

If anyone would like to join us, drop me a D-mail. I would like your email, so I can keep you in the loop with the other members until we have the page. I also wouldn't mind cross posting the info onto here, if it more convenient for anyone interested.

Thanks, Tanja

Thumbnail by starsplitter7
Arlington, TX

Please include me, I want to learn more and share ideas.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Great! We'll be thrilled to have you. :)

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Sorry about Cross posting again: I wanted to let everyone know that I will be teaching a Free class on Propagating Carnivorous Plants at the South Shore Regional Library in Ruskin on Saturday (23rd) at 4 PM. I will have a VFT raffle (I have 7 to give away), and I will be giving away seeds, cuttings, roots, . . . .whatever I can find. I know there are a couple Florida CP growers on here. :)

north coast nsw, Australia

Sounds good but im not a facebook member and don't plan on it. sorry!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

Well, if you wanted to keep tabs on the club, I would be happy to send you emails. :)

Do you have security issues with facebook? I play games on it, and use it to find friends and family. So far it is the easiest method, not to mention it is free. :)

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

I don't do Facebook either. Tried it for a couple months but it bored me to tears. Plus who needs the security issue problems that are always creeping up? Not me.

Lets just say i know all the family i want to, i have a bf so im not looking for a guy and i couldnt care less about the idiots i went to school with. hehehe!

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

i like a way to form clubs and keep everyone together for free. People have a tendancy not to hit reply all in emails.

I haven't had any security issues personally. I can't day I get the social networking aspect. But I do like the games like Tetris. :)

I don't have any time to play games or read for that matter with work and family life but i do reply to emails and pms.
Sounds like a good idea though.

Tampa, FL(Zone 9b)

It's because I need to have a simple way to connect with all twenty people in the club. I don't have time to answer multiple individual emails. I just want to get the info out to everyone at once. I guess for me it is like being on here. We all talk and share information and plants and wonderful pictures. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.