-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

October 18, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #8162133

Hi Sharon, It has been a rough week for me with everything happening at once. I went to the Doctor to get a spot taken off of my finger which required freezing and then the operation. After the freezing wore off then the pain came which nearly knocked me out. I am now doing much better with my healing process at work. I have to type using just one finger of my other hand so it is a long task but I manage somehow. We have just had two days of frost here which brought everything outside to a halt. My remaining pumpkin will have to ripen indoors over the next few weeks. I can remember doing tie dyed t shirts in school. Would this be something similar? Have you had a chance to read the poem yet.

Alan(3pmp)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #8164034

Hi Alan,

Hope your finger is much better by now, and I hope your pumpkins are ripening, even though indoors.

The poem was fun, good job! And I love your dressed pumpkin. He looks like a bandit for sure.

Plant dyes are usually a little lighter in pigment than the dyes that are purchased, but still fun to do. And yes, I've used them in tie dyeing, but again, they produce a lighter color than regular dyes. Tie dyeing was a big thing back in the 60's, but I think it's still fun for many.

Thanks,
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bitter Dock Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
color phases gloria125 15 Oct 13, 2010 4:18 PM
Bitter dock and curly-leaf dock fp 3 Oct 18, 2010 8:16 AM
Aunt Bett MAINE_CAL 1 Oct 19, 2010 7:14 AM
Dock handmade paper GinPetty 3 Oct 20, 2010 4:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America