Photo by Melody

Article: Dear Sheila (5) Clean up the veggie patch -- your first year has come to an end: Priceless!

Communities > Forums > Article: Dear Sheila (5) Clean up the veggie patch -- your first year has come to an end
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dear Sheila (5) Clean up the veggie patch -- your first year has come to an endReplies: 1, Views: 16
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

October 20, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #8165871

I am loving your article series. The best part is being able to keep up with the timeframe and the step x step. Only thing is that I'm in Zone 9a and can continue growing with a fall/winter garden of brassicas, root crops and greens. What zone is Sheila in, or is she a sorta "Twilight Zone" character that encompasses all us growers?

Either way, I'm glad to know you both!

Linda ^^_^^ (doing the "I've still got time to put seedlings in the ground by Thanksgiving break, even though the drain and new fence have yet to be installed, and I haven't got one thing in place yet" dance!) I'm dancing as fast as I can!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

October 20, 2010
11:29 AM

Post #8166226

Hey Gymgirl,
So glad you're finding this all helpful. I will admit, it's geared to my area zone 7 or thereabouts. Much colder than me can't do so much of the fall and winter crops, but you sure can make good use of winter in zone9. Even here I could have had Sheila planting lettuce in August. Once I started writing this simple little beginner stuff I had a hard time deciding how much to include, and not overwhelm.
Anyway, I hope most readers can extract the basic principles, like getting more organics into the soil at some time.Thanks for reading and commenting! Now go back out there and dig!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dear Sheila (5) Clean up the veggie patch -- your first year has come to an end Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
What! Its time to start the Fall garden gloria125 2 Oct 20, 2010 11:23 AM
What? meezersfive 1 Nov 25, 2011 7:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America