Episcia Pink Ric Rac

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I think this Plant is such a wonderful compact grower, Would Love to see some flowers on her though. Came in June and is just loving life as you can see.

Would love it if you all would join this thread and show off your favorite/ bestgrower/ worstgrower flowering/ other. I will post more beauties if some of you will show what you got.....Helene

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Your episcia looks amazing! Here is my Ember Lace. It doesn't bloom much but it does have one in the center of the picture.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

And here is a not-so-great pic of my jungle of a terrarium that I keep all my episcias in.

Thumbnail by snappyguy

Ember Lace is beautiful. yellow flowers? anchor that stollen back into the pot, don't cut of the stem to proof that it is still the same plant and you'r good to go to make it bigger and you'r ok if you should want to show. Thanks for your response... helene

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

The flowers on Ember Lace are a peachy pink. The photo does make them look more yellow than they really are. I don't really know anything about showing, but I'd like to this coming spring. I've never entered before.

Mark

Montgomery, AL

I did not know you are not allowed to cut the stolon stem connections on show plants. I sever them after the stolon is rooted on alsobia and episcia because it seems more tidy. Does that exclude them from ever entering a show?

well i may be wrong - not to cool on rules about gessies - but everything in the same pot for showing should proof that it is one and the same plant. hence the stems should be there to show it is still the same plant. However - AVSA has a handbook that explains lot of these things and should be in your posession so you can follow.

i just wanted a little more activity in AV and G thread so I started this; as for me esps. growing so well is quite new and so rewarding. Will post another tomorrow.

I was away for more than a month and boy they are not happy as far as blooming. Niet. they were inside and unattended.and showing it....

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

One of the newest from the Spring Branch African Violet Club Fall Sale, variegated episcia Pink Dreams.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Also from the same sale, Episcia fimbriata "My Blue Heaven." Hasn't flowered for me yet.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Kee Wee, in full bloom.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Silver Skies.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

La Solidad Bronze. This one needs high humidity and cannot be allowed to dry out at all.

Thumbnail by snappyguy
Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Silver Dust, a weak stemmed episcia.

Thumbnail by snappyguy

They are all very precious.You are doing so well. Helene

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

They are really pretty Mark.You could also plant them directly in the aquarium.You would really have a jungle then.

Lynn

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

here is debarry's flame

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

here is gesneraid Primulina, getting ready to bloom.
bonnie

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie

In the show in Sarasota this weekend they someone showed "Primulina" Nice, big. I am very "NOT" knowledgeable in Gessies. So each and everyone was a surprise.

Very nice Bonnie, as always.

Bonnie,
Primulina is so different.I love it!!

Lynn

As promised,
Here we show another picture, another episcia. In exchange for some of your posts. This is Beautiful "Alice's Aussie" - Acquired in June as well - this one can be BIG, it looks like. She grows outside, in shade and loving all the humidity.....She is showing signs of wanting to please and bloom. I do have a couple more - so please some more pictures and I'll show mine.

yep, she sits in a patio chair I sit in......

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 3:16 PM

What a beauty!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I will post a few pics of what I have blooming today.
This is Sinningia 'Something Special'.

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 4:15 PM

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

AV "Blue Tapestry"

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

av 'Rob's Madcap'

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

kohleria'Peridot's Palenque'

Thumbnail by dispatcher1

OMG just how beautiful this Eve is ending...viewing these photos
"Something special" is an episcia?? beautiful color.
some of Mine should be blooming next week - can be spectacular.

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Chrysothemis pulchella

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Sinningia 'Neesa'

This message was edited Oct 22, 2010 4:16 PM

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

avOptimira "Candy'

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

Not in bloom, but has two buds. She has almost gotten too big for her brithes. Oops, I mean pot. Episcia Aurora

Thumbnail by dispatcher1
Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

I absolutely loved the pictures of the Episcias with pink or red in the leaves. If anyone would like to trade stolons, I have Pink Panther, Faded Jade, Burning Embers, Suomi, and Blue Heaven stolons I could trade. Blue Heaven has not bloomed yet. I got it last Christmas, and it was growing big and in August the Grandkids from Texas came to visit. They loved to feel the leaves of Blue Heaven since they were "soft and fuzzy". They felt a little too hard and most of her leaves took a beating. LOL Thanks for all the great pictures. Lou

Ohhh she has beautiful coloration - what color is the flour - red - yes!?

Everyone - you have to agree!!!!

Seymour, IN(Zone 5b)

This is why I don't post too often. I get "shook" when I post and my mind goes to mush. I have edited the two Sinningias as I'm sure they might take offense at being called "Episcias", and Lord knows I'm not a racist and wouldn't want to get fired for being politically incorrect.LOL

Lou

Lou You can keep your job- You got it all straight - You have been such a sssSPORT here (a bit shook up too)

don't worry I didn't get - just didn't get the right spelling for episcias and have grown some over many years. -still have a prob. with espiscias....LOL

Will see about some stolen - Aussie has some also pink ric rac, there are a few more I have, am saving pictures (sort of as a reward) for other people to post theirs...Camera Battery needs charge.... Helene

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

here is strep king henery
bonnie

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

av silly girl, to cute

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

harmony's little stinker

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie

Mrsbonnie beautiful plants - it must be a joy to wake up every AM and wonder whats smiling at me today.

A couple of stolon were sent to me By Lillypad - she grew the plant from seed - it blooms yellow - Named "Genevieve"

This is where they grow:

here is another beauty;

I do have more - will post if some one else will strutt their stuff....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.