Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Trash to Treasure: Bottle Trees - Can Aluminum Xmas tree be used?

Communities > Forums > Trash to Treasure
bookmark
Forum: Trash to TreasureReplies: 52, Views: 437
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 23, 2010
2:04 PM

Post #8171694

Ah, I just just thinking...now I have a headache. hehehe I want a Bottle Tree, have started collecting the wine bottles from friends. Just thinking that maybe I could use an old aluminum Christmas tree and maybe paint it green. I was wondering if the branches would be strong enough to hold up the wine bottle? Having a hard time finding a welder, and thought maybe also could drill holes in a round pole that I saw at Lowe's. I think it was spiked at one end, 4 in around, but 18 ft long. Haven't figured out how to get that home yet. Maybe they will cut some off, or I can take a saw and do it myself. I am woman, hear me roar. LOL

Thoughts, please.
sue
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #8171758

Not sure Sue. If the branches aren't too far out - it may be ok, but the weight of a bottle would eventually sag If the branches are long - I believe.

I have seen like a wooden post - like a 6x6 or 4x4 with long nails to hold the bottles. I think those are cute.

Thumbnail by n2birds
Click the image for an enlarged view.

keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 23, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #8171944

n2birds: You have the style tree I want, lots of branches. It's lovely. Are those wine bottles, or did you find some other kind. I see the blue one at the top, and have learned that is it mostly a Reisling (sp) that comes in a blue bottle. I'm envious!

I can't remember ever being close to an alum tree. I was concerned about the strength of the branches but thought maybe I could either cut them shorter or fold them over to make them stronger. I think at this point the wooden pole is my best option. I can drill holes and insert dowels the length to my liking. I looked up alum trees on e-bay as it appears they are a big collector item. Oh well.
J2222
Southern California, CA

October 23, 2010
5:10 PM

Post #8171953

What is that roaring I hear? lol. I'm collecting wine bottles, too, (hic). Just cannot seem to get my head around how I can put them together, and have the tree or wine bottle grouping look as nice as N2's and some of the other trees I have envied on DGs. I pounded rebar in the ground over near a birdbath, it just didn't look right to me-but the rebar did a good job of holding the bottles up. They're pretty heavy-and we get winds.
N2 what comes in the red, yellow and purple bottles??
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2010
5:33 PM

Post #8171991

I got my bottle tree at Collections.com. I wanted all blue bottles, so I went to Thrift Shops and garage sales till I found the ones I wanted. I'm so happy with mine. Sorry no photos, haven't learned how to get pics from camera to DG yet. On my list of things I need to learn how to do.

Sylvia
J2222
Southern California, CA

October 23, 2010
5:53 PM

Post #8172024

dillan: gosh that's cute and not a bad price either! Did you sink the tree in a clay pot with cement as some suggested? Here's the link if anyone is interested in the Collections tree: http://www.collectionsetc.com/Product/wine-bottle-tree-garden-stake.aspx/_/Ntt-wine-bottle-tree
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 23, 2010
6:38 PM

Post #8172098

J222: Found some economical Reisling at Trader Joe's - either 4 or 5.99. Tried Bev Mor they are having a sale where you buy one get one for 5 cents. Right! The cheapest there was 13.99 - called Blue Fish in a blue bottle bottle. I bought 4 for taking to dinner on thanksgiving. I hope it's good! I'm not a wine drinker, in fact I'm not a drinker. An occasional margarita or two on the 4th, or when out with BFF, but since I'm alone don't drink at home. Found a green bottle of zinfindel at Big Lots for $3. I don't have the nerve to go to a restaurant or bar and ask for empties. I want BB's also, but then again too 'shy' to go in and ask for old ones.

dillansnana: have not spotted one bottle in TS and have been to at least 5. I considered the Collections tree, but it did not get that high of a rating, and was not exactly what I wanted.

J222: I just looked up and re-read your first sentence. The (hic) just caught my eye. ROTF!!
dillansnana
Hemet, CA
(Zone 9b)

October 23, 2010
6:55 PM

Post #8172130

I stuck my "tree" in the ground and am very happy with it. Maybe not exactly what I wanted, but like I said, I'm happy with it. I've had no problems with it whatsoever. Guess I lucked out on finding the blue bottles. Found some on ebay, however way too expensive. I've had a good time surrounding my bottle tree with blue and lavender plants, a work in progress. Love, love it.
Sylvia

n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
9:21 PM

Post #8172394

I had bought my bottles way before I had my tree (as alot of you are doing). Mine shown above are not wine bottles even though I do have a collection of the Blue Fish Reisling bottles in the attic somewhere (which I did drink and it is good! lol). I got all my other bottles at Old Time Pottery about 3 - 4 years ago. On my other bottle tree - I have similar bottles I bought at Hobby Lobby. The problem with these are that they will eventually fade. I bring them in for the winters, but the summer sun is very hard on them. The benefit is the variety of colors.

We were gonna buy a welder so my DH could make me a bottle tree and do small odd & end jobs for me, but we got lucky and our best friends brought one over from his job and they just never took it back. It is just so big and alot of trouble IMO - if you aren't always set up to do it, to have to drag all the stuff out. My other 3 bottle trees were bought, but the one I my DH made me is my favorite of course.

I wish I had pics of my other trees - but I do have this, that you might like also - for those of you saving wine bottles. The blues would be beautiful done like this (I just had so many green ones).

Thumbnail by n2birds

keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 23, 2010
9:40 PM

Post #8172435

n2birds: okay, color me dumb, but I can't figure out what the area is. I see green bottles buried in red gravel type stuff, and what looks like cement in the middle. Please tell me it is not a grave, and if it is, my apologies. I love the blue bottle color, and I hope they don't fade quickly here in CA. I only have one at the moment, I guess I will have to start drinking. I'll have 5 after thanksgiving. I started the Garden Art as I'm new to gardening, worked all my life and just recently am unemployed so thought I'd have the time to learn to grown something. Everyone on this site have beautiful gardens; I have concrete. So in order to get color, thought I'd start making up Garden Art. And like everyone else, I want everything!

I'm so glad to hear the Blue Fish is good. Maybe I should go get more for Christmas.; I am lucky enough to be invited to friends homes for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Glad you described the welder thing. I had no idea they were big, i was thinking along the line of a blow torch, so in the back of my mind was thinking, maybe I would just go on down to the nearest store and pick one up. I have my mothers soldering iron, but I guess that is not what one needs. I'd love to make the silverware flowers and so many other things. Oh, well, in my next life.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
10:20 PM

Post #8172495

It is easy enough to make a bottle tree out of a 4x4 or 6x6. Just drill holes barely big enough for the rebar or dowel "branches" and decorate away.

You can even make it out of an old Christmas tree: http://www.deepfriedkudzu.com/2006/01/making-our-bottle-tree.html

Here is one made for mini bottles with branches: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=2578644

Here is one made with a branch and dowels: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=3145129
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=3146643

Is this the round pole that you were talking about? http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/fp.php?pid=3154297
Gee, can you tell that I am bored-out-ta-my-mind? I have nuttin' but time today...so I thought I would do some research for ya'.

J2222
Southern California, CA

October 23, 2010
10:53 PM

Post #8172553

Juney: You always come up with the best photo examples that describe what various people want in their gardens. Thank you!
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 23, 2010
11:33 PM

Post #8172590

JuneyBug - Wow! Fantastic! I tried putting in Bottle Trees and came up with gilch. Guess I did something wrong. The pole tree is exactly the pole I was looking at. However I want my branches to be short at top and then progressively longer as they get to the bottom - I guess Like a pine tree. The one with the long curved branch with lights, is really unique..I like it! Also, when you sent just the pic of the tree I noticed some sort of animal at the top of the tree, the long tail gave it away. The used/dry real Christmas tree idea is fantastic! But I don't think I will be able to use it because I want longer branches, but could use the trunk only. My neighbors always get a big beautiful tree for Christmas. Unfortunately, they are the only home with kids, and that is because the son bought his parents house that he grew up in and moved in with his wife and 6 kids. I love it. I not only got to watch him grow up, but his kids also. They are the prime users of my pool. I've been here since 71 and have been in the pool myself maybe 7-8 times. I don't like water, so I'm happy that it gets used. They are all very nice kids, and most are in their teens now.

I lack imagination, can't think of anything for myself. I can copy though!

Thanks again for all the work, I am personally glad you are bored! I, myself should be filing my bill receipts and going through the pile of papers that miraculously appeared on my desk.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 23, 2010
11:48 PM

Post #8172596

hmm, lookey here: http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&rlz=1G1TSHBCENUS345&biw=1154&bih=705&tbs=isch:1&sa=1&q=bottle tree&aq=0&aqi=g10&aql=&oq= bottle tree&gs_rfai=
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 24, 2010
12:33 AM

Post #8172605

JuhneyBug, ypu are one fantastic gal! I looked at both pages. There is some mighty fine trees there. I almost want to start drinking beer in green bottles, so I can make a green Christmas tree. Oh, will my wants never end!.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 24, 2010
1:00 AM

Post #8172609

I like the idea of stuffing outdoor Christmas lights into the bottles so that the yard has a multi-colored night light.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

October 24, 2010
3:37 AM

Post #8172673

Seeing the bottles buried neck down reminded me of my dear father, and the floor he made for a patio in front of a huge outdoor BBQ he built from rocks. He saved and saved beer bottles, and then so diligently nestled them neck down into the sand base of the patio floor. Thus he came up w/ a complete amber glass patio floor. It looked so lovely - until a guest nearly broke himself to pieces slipping on that surface!!!! Uh oh - up came all the bottles, down went a concrete slab, and just a two bottle trim went all the way around the outside.
J2222
Southern California, CA

October 24, 2010
7:21 AM

Post #8172881

Juney: Great link to an assortment of bottle trees. Many ideas there, thanks. I even like the one that is all clear glass, never thought of that.
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

October 24, 2010
2:02 PM

Post #8173486

keepingactive
Im wondering the same thing about the green bottles buried in red gravel type stuff
n2birds
Please do tell
Always in search for blue bottles while we were in CO last week SIL had a Blue Bottle lamp sitting on his bar When I asked about it he said a friend found it at a garage sale and thought he should have it for the bar (really not his style)...lol its now sitting on mine waiting to be taken apart .

This message was edited Oct 25, 2010 6:13 PM
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 24, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #8173551

denimangoe: Score! on the lamp. I saw one blue bottle in the TS, it was not a wine bottle, and shaped, they wanted $5 for it. It is still sitting on their shelf. For $5, I want wine also! It it was just a couple of bucks I would have gotten it and must put it by itself in the yard. The TS are just getting too expensive. It's its old (more than 10 yrs) they want more for it...they assume everything old is an antique, and price accordingly.

I'm glad I'm not the only only one that couldn't see what it is. I do hope it is not a Memorial site, hoping just a little spot to sit and relax, but done see a chair or a bench.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
9:18 AM

Post #8174976

This is the walkway you were questioning. I covered around the bottles with aquarium gravel. Wanted to use glass mulch, but that would have been quite expensive. I also have huge tree roots that I had to work around, so they aren't as straight and all the same depth, but oh well. I think you get the idea anyway.

Thumbnail by n2birds

keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 25, 2010
10:45 AM

Post #8175161

n2birds: okay, now I get it, I couldn't see before. I think I just may copy that idea for the side gate. It's now just dirt and rocks. The gas man has to be careful he doesn't trip when he reads my meter. I don't want to make him mad. Love the color of the aquarium gravel, good idea!
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
11:14 AM

Post #8175222

Thanks active ! It is a descent idea for a small area, like you said.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #8175230

Made it back over here finally. I really like that bottle tree pictured over on the Deep Fried Kudzu site (what a terrific name) where a Christmas tree is pruned down to size for that purpose. I think I may try that this year with a small tree and make a small bottle tree since I'm sans many bottles at the moment.

The aquarium gravel looks good in n2birds project. Someone on the cactus & succulent forum put me onto aquarium gravel for colorfully top dressing our pots of succulents and cacti instead of always using the little gray pea gravel or brown river gravel. Now I'm thinking Bonnie's idea would look cool with some pots of c & s partially sunk where some of the bottles are in the ground and have them top-dressed in perhaps a contrasting color of the aquarium gravel. Keep some of the bottles in various spots like that too. Are the bottles buried all the way in the ground to that level or have they been cut? I used to have a bottle cutter around here somewhere...hmmmm...
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
11:30 AM

Post #8175243

Its the entire bottle Carole :-( Was very hard to dig because of all the tree roots. I agree - succulents would be cute in that area against that red gravel, except that I have way too much shade right there. I have trouble finding sun in my yard and my iris' & daylilies usually get those spots. lol.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
11:46 AM

Post #8175270

Oh, yours looks great like it is ... I was just thinking about replicating something similar to that in my yard somewhere. Sometimes I see those fake "stone" steps on sale at Kmart, I think it is. Someone up the thread had said something about maybe it was a memorial ... and something like that would look good back toward my memorial garden. I luv c & s and grow a lot of them so it gave me the idea of succulents in pots where some of the bottles are. I was just thinking out loud. Hey, can I steal the idea if I personalize it a bit??? :-D)))

I can imagine the digging. I've got lots of tree roots here too cause my trees are mostly big and older. Ugh ... how did you do it?????
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
2:10 PM

Post #8175675

That is why I posted the pic Carole - hoping someone would like it to copy it - thats the best compliment to me.
You give it your spin on it and I know it will turn out beautiful !! I do like the c&s idea except something in a pathway with our style of living couldn't make it around here. Our dog is very "boisterous" when it comes to chasing her ball. She don't care what is in the way. lol.

Hmmm - how did I dig? I believe I sat and hand dug, then would push the bottle down in it, dig, put water in the hole, repeat, etc. That is probably why I chose to incorporate the tiny bottles.lol. Wasn't any fun, but I was thinking I had a vision.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

October 25, 2010
3:18 PM

Post #8175752

~~ *Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.* ~~

Not fun digging ... but surely turned out pretty! :-)
blkraven2
Wells, TX
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #8195855

I didnt have access to a welder to make my bottle tree so when I cut down some of my ceder tree branches I made it with them.. I took 3 branches about 10 ft long can placed them in a hole about 2 ft deep and just a bit bigger than the 3 limbs.. I then filled the hole half way with dry cement added water then mixed it well. then I filled it to the top with more dry cement and mixed it again.. I cut rebar into pieces various lenghts and with a drill and ladder went to work "leafing" my tree. the main branches I used were about 4 in thick to give you an idea of size.. it went together very easy.. I dont have a pic of it now, they are all on my other puter.. but its a cheap and easy way to make one. I plan on making a shrub next. I went to an italian resturant and got some of my bottles there and if you know where a wedding reception/ party is being held at you could tip the bartender to save you some( I did that too)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
9:50 AM

Post #8195894

blkravenz, please post a picture when and if you are able to do so. By "shrub" do you mean a smaller version of the tree you made or something else? Some good ideas for securing bottles there too. ;-) I just moved into my home here last year and I'm still in the process of planning my yard, gardens, etc. Sheesh ... a lot of work starting over but a lot of fun too. I'm collecting ideas, pictures, and picking people's brains. Sometimes I'm a big copy-cat but other times I do come up with something original. lol. I hope to be ready to go with several projects in the Spring. Meanwhile, 26 degrees here tonight. Ugh!
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

November 5, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #8195959

blkraven: Okay, so your tree trunk is actually 3 branches. each 4 inches in circumference; making the trunk approximately 12 inches in diameter. Love it. Big and sturdy and a lot of space to add the branches of rebar. Is rebar hard to cut, I have a sawzaw, hand saw, circular saw. and a coping saw (so I can cope) haha. I don't have any trees on my property that would be good for trunks or branches. Maybe I'll drive around and see if anyone is trimming their trees. Since the tree poles from Lowes are I think 18-20 feet and $4ea, if I get three of them and cut off 8 feet, that will give me some short trunks .

I'm just too timid to ask anywhere like a restaurant, bar or reception for their bottles. I still have not been able to go to a bowling alley. Good Golly, I need to get braver, and get some balls (um is that a pun?)

I bought a bag on 60 lb concrete, struggled to get it out of the trunk, pulled, dragged, pushed it over into a corner of my yard, forgot about it, it rained. I now have a big blob of concrete that I am unable to move, well maybe I can get it on a dolly, but then what do I do with it?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
11:27 AM

Post #8196034

LOL, keeping, yes that's a pun and a good one. :-D))) You could move your blob somewhere, paint it or decorate it and make some sort of yard art out of it too.
J2222
Southern California, CA

November 5, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #8196135

Keep: Can you take a photo of the blob? Maybe someone will have an idea. Or give a description-did the cememnt spread out? Does it look like a rock? Is it flat? Maybe place a watering can on it?
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
6:02 PM

Post #8196731

I bought a dolly years ago to help move grocery bags into the house. An older friend used one and swore that was the only way that she could buy cat litter and get it into the house without doing it scoop by scoop :-) Later, I would bungee cord a trash can to my dolly, hang a carpenters tool belt off of it for drink & tools, and do all of the trimming in my yard easily. They are a handy thing to own...
nana7
Llano, TX

November 5, 2010
7:00 PM

Post #8196843

I have made a nice bt out of re bar and I did not have a welder I just wired my re bar to gather

Thumbnail by nana7

nana7
Llano, TX

November 5, 2010
7:06 PM

Post #8196855

It was not hard just took time to wrap baling wire .I have made 2 of them and they have held up well.

Thumbnail by nana7

nana7
Llano, TX

November 5, 2010
7:07 PM

Post #8196858

here is the bottom.

Thumbnail by nana7

JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

November 5, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #8196880

I never knew that we could just wrap it in baling wire!!!!!! I ! could do that!! Yours looks perfect!
keepingactive
Thousand Oaks, CA
(Zone 10a)

November 5, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #8196931

J2222: The Blob is still in the orange wrapper. Sitting there, laughing at me...I can hear it. Maybe I can move it in front of the retaining wall in back and use it as a step up to the hill. I'll have to take the wrapper off and see how wobbly it is. Can't have any thing wobbly...I'm wobbly enough. I could put a happy face on it...I'm sure I'm capable of that.

JuneyBug: Yea, bird seed, cat litter, potting soil, all heavy stuff. I can usually get someone to help get it in the trunk; and then I come home and have to deal with it. I've bought two small bags of something and paid more because I can't handle the larger/heavier bags. Not fair. Whaaaaa. Of course all the men on the cul de sac all are older and have bad backs or mean wives.

Nano7: GREAT BOTTLE TREE!!! What a terrific idea. I like this one a lot. Thank you so much! I'm going to see how much rebar my neighbor has (she saves stuff for the recycle guy who comes around) She offered it to me before and I thought I would use it for the branches. Now, I think I'll be greedy and ask for it all. Is it hard to bend. I suppose I'll need to brace it against something, like a vise. The more rebar you use, the more branches you have, right? Baling wire, duh, I don't know what that is, but suppose Lowe's or HD carries it. I am completely jazzed. This is something I think I can do, with minimal effort.
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

November 5, 2010
8:32 PM

Post #8196954

nana7 great tree... I have a bunch of rebar & wire .. adding this to my list .. love the way it has rusted to a nice copper look ...
J2222
Southern California, CA

November 6, 2010
7:51 PM

Post #8198472

Keep: Sounds like the hardened cement won't be too useful.

Nana7: great idea.I feel as though I could do this & it looks great-especailly where the wire rusted, too.. Where do you buy baling wire? Is it sold in a ball or what? I know you said the wrapping took time, but is the baling wire hard to work with? Thanks!
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #8198928

J2
a farm & ranch store will have the wire. its a little stiff and you might want to wear gloves.
around here we use it for everything that wont stay put ...lol
kanuallc
Lorena, TX

November 7, 2010
6:45 AM

Post #8198991

nana7...wow! i've used baling wire most of my life and rebar quite a bit but never came close to anything like this...i want one!!! can't imagine how you held all the rebar together, much less how you wrapped it...that much of either is heavy...pleeeez tell us your secrets???
planolinda
Plano, TX

November 7, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #8199029

we stopped at a restaurant recently and at the front reception area was a wall made of cement with bottles in it--so the wall was as wide as a bottle (i thought they would cut the bottles and make it not so deep but they used the whole bottle) it was a good look
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
8:23 AM

Post #8199133

Linda Where at ??? in Texas?? id like to see it
J2222
Southern California, CA

November 7, 2010
9:28 AM

Post #8199228

denim: Thanks for the info on wire. I've never used it. I think I heard it mentioned in a Western movie once, tho. ;-)
planolinda
Plano, TX

November 7, 2010
11:50 AM

Post #8199366

frisco texas--mexican restaurant across from the soccer stadium--can't remember the name
denimangle
Oakwood (Butler,TX), TX
(Zone 8b)

November 7, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #8199894

thanks Linda ..
nana7
Llano, TX

November 7, 2010
8:17 PM

Post #8200219

I used steal pipe put it in the ground put a bout 4 piece rbar in the pipe then I started put some around the bottem and I also pree made some of my stims it helps not keep your hand in the air Lol ! Iput them a little ways in the ground I cut it with a angel grinder it is not hard and they are not to expensive . then I just added as i seen fit .I rapped and rapped did use gloves .
This is my second one it was a old clothes line pole there and I cut it off .
The first one I did the way I enplaned it I hope you all under stand it.
This is my first one

Thumbnail by nana7

nana7
Llano, TX

November 7, 2010
8:21 PM

Post #8200225

I mis spell wrapped sorry if i can answer any thing else let me know .This one is closer to the ground .You can see my mis stake HA!!!!
J2222
Southern California, CA

November 7, 2010
8:54 PM

Post #8200258

nana: Great job. Thanks for the directions!
kanuallc
Lorena, TX

November 8, 2010
4:10 AM

Post #8200477

thank you nana...amazing job. the two are different and both beautiful...so much better then "matchy-matchy"...of course maybe i think like that cuz nothing i have has ever matched!!anyway...your talent is awesome...and collecting all those bottles is a feat in itself.
n2birds
Lakeland / Memphis, TN
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
4:06 PM

Post #8201784

Wonderful BT's Nana ! Love the "natural" style of them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Trash to Treasure Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
here's my little treasure wheel Gourd 67 Jul 14, 2013 12:59 PM
Thank you Terry for this forum! Tradewind_64 26 Apr 17, 2010 4:52 AM
My second plant stand Vee8ch 30 Oct 18, 2007 12:48 AM
A Filigris Arbor Made from Trash ButterflyChaser 58 Sep 4, 2010 8:25 PM
Pretty in Pink Vee8ch 17 Jun 6, 2008 10:38 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America