Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden): HOST GARDEN

Communities > Forums > Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden)Replies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
RegalEagle
Point Roberts, WA

October 25, 2010
10:09 AM

Post #8175087

Please advise me of "larval host plants" that can be grown in NW Washington state.
debnes_dfw_tx
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 12, 2010
8:24 AM

Post #8207951

Here is a great reference page with a list of butterfly species for Whatcom County Washington. By clicking on the items you will link to the page for that species. On that page you will see a detail "Caterpillar Host".
Finding some of those plants may be challenging, and then some will be easy. The more challenging (imo), the more endangered that species may be. I will say that being on davesgarden, I have always been able to find what I needed.
http://www.butterfliesandmoths.org/map?dc=3921&_dcc=1&si=48
If you have any questions on the plants or a particular species, please don't hesitate to discuss it with me here. I will support you in any way possible.

Deb

This message was edited Nov 12, 2010 10:24 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Happy Wildlife Habitat (Small Birds in a Small Garden) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Delightful! KyWoods 6 Oct 23, 2007 2:50 AM
Well Done! pelletory 2 Oct 22, 2007 12:50 PM
Can anyone identify a similar bird? helen181 0 Oct 22, 2007 2:36 PM
Your little bird story.... tabasco 1 Nov 16, 2007 8:53 PM
Treasure in the archives angele 5 Sep 22, 2009 2:37 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America