Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Contests: DG's annual photo calendar contest

Communities > Forums > Contests
bookmark
Forum: ContestsReplies: 7, Views: 237
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TaliaRose
Los Angeles, CA
(Zone 10a)

October 25, 2010
11:37 AM

Post #8175257

The Annual photo calendar contest on DG has launched: http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest
flfwrs
Niceville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 2, 2010
4:18 AM

Post #8189838

Are the photos from previous year's contests still available to see? Thanks!
TaliaRose
Los Angeles, CA
(Zone 10a)

November 3, 2010
10:49 AM

Post #8192415

[quote="flfwrs"]Are the photos from previous year's contests still available to see? Thanks![/quote]
Yes, please look here http://davesgarden.com/contest/

DoGooder
Hopkinton, MA
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2011
5:04 AM

Post #8874311

Hi! I read the rules but it didn't say what format the photos should be in. Should we send photos that are calendar-sized (about 12 inches?). If there isn't a specific rule can we offer that size photo so if it wins it won't blur when it's enlarged for the calendar?

Also, is there a maximum amount of megabytes per file? I've attached a 12 x 9 inch photo (300 resolution) to see if it can be uploaded to this web site and also to provide members with a sample to see if it's the same size as other contest photos they have seen in the past while voting. During the vote do we view all the photos in one standard computerized size or is it wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)? I'm happy to be able to participate in this contest!

DoGooder

Thumbnail by DoGooder
Click the image for an enlarged view.

DoGooder
Hopkinton, MA
(Zone 5b)

November 3, 2011
11:13 AM

Post #8874829

Hi all! I got a response from Melody when I sent a note via the contact page. In case anyone else wants to know the system automatically standardizes all the photos for viewing onscreen. However, if a winning photo needs more resolution admin will ask the winner to provide a higher resolution photo for the calendar frame.

DoGooder

mjsponies

mjsponies
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 2, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8913477

Where are the results for the 2011 contest ?

mjsponies

mjsponies
DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL
(Zone 8b)

August 14, 2013
1:20 PM

Post #9630645

When is there going to be another photo contest ?

Palmilla

Palmilla
Poteau, OK
(Zone 7a)

September 22, 2013
7:02 PM

Post #9667490

This sounded like a great idea. Hope you open it up real soon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Contests Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Presenting the 10th Annual Dave's Garden Photography Contest TaliaRose 2 Nov 6, 2011 5:55 AM
Invasive Species Photo Contest, Enter March 1 - March 15! TaliaRose 0 Mar 1, 2011 10:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America