Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

DG's annual photo calendar contest

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

The Annual photo calendar contest on DG has launched: http://davesgarden.com/contest/2010-photography-contest

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Are the photos from previous year's contests still available to see? Thanks!

Los Angeles, CA(Zone 10a)

Quote from flfwrs :
Are the photos from previous year's contests still available to see? Thanks!

Yes, please look here http://davesgarden.com/contest/

Hopkinton, MA(Zone 5b)

Hi! I read the rules but it didn't say what format the photos should be in. Should we send photos that are calendar-sized (about 12 inches?). If there isn't a specific rule can we offer that size photo so if it wins it won't blur when it's enlarged for the calendar?

Also, is there a maximum amount of megabytes per file? I've attached a 12 x 9 inch photo (300 resolution) to see if it can be uploaded to this web site and also to provide members with a sample to see if it's the same size as other contest photos they have seen in the past while voting. During the vote do we view all the photos in one standard computerized size or is it wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)? I'm happy to be able to participate in this contest!

DoGooder

Thumbnail by NancyGroutsis
Hopkinton, MA(Zone 5b)

Hi all! I got a response from Melody when I sent a note via the contact page. In case anyone else wants to know the system automatically standardizes all the photos for viewing onscreen. However, if a winning photo needs more resolution admin will ask the winner to provide a higher resolution photo for the calendar frame.

DoGooder

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

Where are the results for the 2011 contest ?

DeLand/Deleon Spring, FL(Zone 8b)

When is there going to be another photo contest ?

Poteau, OK(Zone 7a)

This sounded like a great idea. Hope you open it up real soon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.