Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Gardening by the Moon: Gardening by the Moon Calendar, November 2010

Communities > Forums > Gardening by the Moon
bookmark
Forum: Gardening by the MoonReplies: 3, Views: 62
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

October 26, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #8177896

Hello , I remember to post this on time!

November 2010
1st-3rd Poor Period For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Clear Fence Rows/land.

4th-5th Favorable Days For Planting Root Crops. Fine For Sowing Grains, Hay, And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers, where the climate is favorable.

6th-7th Good For Planting Cabbage, Celery, Cauliflower, Brussels Sprouts, Collards, And Other Leafy Vegetables In Southern Florida, Texas, And California. Start Seedbeds.

8th-10th Poor Planting Days.

11th-12th Good Days For Planting Peas, Squash, Corn, Tomatoes, And Other Above Ground Crops In Southern Florida, Texas, And California.

13th-15th Kill Plant Pests On These Barren Days.

16th-17th Favorable Days For Planting Above Ground Crops. Extra Good For Vine Crops Where Climate Allows.

18th-19th Neither Plant Nor Sow On These Barren Days.

20th-22nd First Day Fine For Planting Beans, Peppers, Cucumbers, Melons, And Other Aboveground Crops Where Climate Is Suitable. Last Two Days Are Good For Planting Root Crops Where Climate Is Suitable.

23rd-24th Any Seed Planted Now Will Tend To Rot.

25th-26th Best Planting Days For Fall Potatoes, Turnips, Onions, Carrots, Beets, And Other Root Crops Where Climate Is Suitable. Also Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens.

27th-30th Poor Period For Planting. Kill Plant Pests, Clear Fence Rows/land.

Enjoy!
Gazoodles
Iowa Park, TX
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #8183070

You made my day, Cristina! I have some transplanting to do and some cold weather greens to plant so this is right on time! Thank you!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

October 29, 2010
11:42 AM

Post #8183297

Glad to help.

I have LOTS to plant, as you know here is Spring and I did put some peas, bush beans and a couple of pumpkins on the beds.

I have some few vegies that I planted in pots that I will transplant next week ...

For me. lots to do!!!!!
Gazoodles
Iowa Park, TX
(Zone 7b)

October 29, 2010
2:19 PM

Post #8183556

Yep, spring is the busiest and most fun time in the garden. I have several kinds of pepper plants that are big and beautiful now that the weather has cooled down some. It's too bad they can't be beamed (think Star Trek) somewhere that it's spring. Somebody would get a lot of peppers. But our cold/freezing weather will be here soon (before most of the peppers are ripe.) Very sad...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America