Foster Pony

Richmond, TX

This is a pony I am fostering for a rescue group. He is one of many that were seized from a neglect situation. Anyone need a sweet, quiet, quick learning POA?

Thumbnail by porkpal
Medina, OH

Like a hole in the head I need another horse...but thanks for asking:)

Richmond, TX

---But this is a pony!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Billy sayss Awwwwwwwwwwwwww If it was up to him the pony would have a home... LOL

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

If I had a place for it......in a heartbeat. But no place to put it darn it! He's a beauty!!

Richmond, TX

He'd be no substitute for Chief but he's going to be a good kid's pony.

Richmond, TX

Well he now leads, ties, longes under saddle responding promptly to voice commands, ground drives and loads in a stock trailer or a two-horse with a ramp. Still no takers?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

wish I could, but I'm already boarding one and can't afford to board 2. I hope you find a home for him.

Richmond, TX

Actually there is already a girl interested in him. The rescue just has to approve her and her stable. - Here's hoping...

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm adding to that! Hope it works out.

Hope it works out!!

Richmond, TX

Me too. They have about 50 more of them to place, so I'll be fostering a couple more when this one is adopted. If they are all as nice as this one it may be possible to find most of them homes fairly easily.

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

WAY TO GO Porkpal.....

South Hamilton, MA

Is the pony still with you?

Richmond, TX

Yes, he is, but he will move to his new adopted home on Thursday.

South Hamilton, MA

So glad that a good home was found. Onward & upward.

Richmond, TX

Yes, the rescue is going to send me two more when this one goes. I hope our luck holds.

South Hamilton, MA

Thank heavens for rescue & the people like you who help them out.

This message was edited Nov 10, 2010 11:31 PM

Medina, OH

You are doing a great job, ponypal---keep it up!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

Wow Ponypal that is so cool...

Richmond, TX

My "Little Man" just left with his new adoptive owner - hopped right up onto the trailer. What a good boy. Two more are on their way. I hope they are as sweet as he is.

South Hamilton, MA

I'm glad that he had the confidence to do so. 2 together keep themselves amused?

Richmond, TX

They see to come in twos.

Richmond, TX

The rescue just forwarded an email to me from the pony's adopter and she is very happy with him. Happy ending!

South Hamilton, MA

beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

Kingman, AZ(Zone 7a)

SWEET....................I am riding tomorrow and will post a thread and pictures.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I love happy endings!

Richmond, TX

I now have two new foster ponies that are part of the same group of rescues. One of them is very shy and almost untouchable, the other is bolder and a bit pushy. Both seem to have rather even dispositions and should develop into good mounts. This is the bold one.

Thumbnail by porkpal
Richmond, TX

- And the shy one:

Thumbnail by porkpal
Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

very cute and good luck. I know they have a good foster home with you.

South Hamilton, MA

Good luck to you & the ponies. Perhaps the bold one can teach that humans can be all right.

Richmond, TX

Yes the timid one watches me work with his friend and follows along but is afraid to be touched - at least at first. He fell out of his halter so it will take a while before I can get another on him - probably an afternoon's work.

The previous foster is now being ridden and jumped by a ten year old boy!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Go PP!

Gives me warm fuzzies seeing rescue rehabs

Good looking ponies!! Sounds like they will become great mounts under your care.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Both of these POAs too. They are in good shape. Have fun with them.

Richmond, TX

They probably are POAs but the ponies were breeding randomly for years and have no papers. The roan has enough color to get a "hardship registration" - probably.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

I had a POA once. Proud cut gelding full of spit and vinegar but I could ride the rough string then so it was fun.

Richmond, TX

The ponies are progressing - slowly. They have gone from untouchable to longing fairly reliably under tack and allowing me to lie carefully over their backs. I had sort of planned to actually sit on one or both of them today - until the front arrived with strong north winds and dropped the temperature 20 degrees. Seemed like a poor choice of a day to get on.

South Hamilton, MA

yes, we would not have wanted you to get blown off :). Good that they are learning to trust.

Sounds like great progress to me. Even if the speed is slow, the fact that you can do that with them now is great!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images