Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Terrarium Gardening: top of terrerium

Communities > Forums > Terrarium Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Terrarium GardeningReplies: 2, Views: 36
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mableruth
Bolingbrook, IL
(Zone 5a)

October 30, 2010
8:34 AM

Post #8184936

I noticed that some of your gardens are open on top and some closed. Which is better? If there is a glass top or lid, how do you control the water it needs without having a mini flood?
Sallysblooms
South, TX

October 30, 2010
8:34 PM

Post #8186077

I just add a tiny bit of water.
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

October 31, 2010
4:55 PM

Post #8187388

Terrariums with lid's don't need watering as often. I add a little bit of water every month or so if the soil looks dry. Keeping the lid closed creates a humid environment. I have 10 gal and 45 gal aquarium/terrariums with lids, and lights that stay on @ 14 - 15 hours a day. My lidded jar terrariums without lights sit under table lamps or in an east facing window that doesn't get any direct sun.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Terrarium Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How to start? LittleHippyGirl 3 Apr 9, 2007 7:08 AM
Terrarium Links begoniacrazii 42 Jun 21, 2007 2:52 PM
My new terrarium Plantcrazii 13 May 7, 2007 1:55 PM
Here is my terrarium Plantcrazii 37 May 6, 2007 6:00 PM
My new dart frogs/vivarium! clarkranch 14 Oct 31, 2007 8:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America