Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
quz19
Phoenix, AZ

November 1, 2010
7:58 AM

Post #8188290

Your article is fantastic and I'm sure it is just the beginning. You didn't mention the genus Livistona and cross-hybridizing of these palms. Also, hyphaene and I'm sure there are others. Look forward to Part 2.
Rod
Phoenix

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

November 1, 2010
9:04 AM

Post #8188383

Yes I neglected Livistonas, but don't know a lot about their hybrids.. .seen a few chinensis hybrids and franky they look a lot alike. Don't know anything about hybridization of Hyphaene.. what have you seen?
S_Cumberland
MELBOURNE
Australia

November 3, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #8193372

Hybrid Flora and Fauna are NOVEL Money Spinners at best but will never compare with an intact wild population growing in its intact environment!!!!!!+++:):):)
Although i can't deny these palms are interesting and pretty to look at they remind me of pink piggies and battery hens.

Preserve in the wild state,protect and defend that wild state relentlessly!

Nice article!
Thank you
quz19
Phoenix, AZ

December 6, 2010
8:14 AM

Post #8246763

I've hybridized Hyphaene thebaica with H dichotoma. Unfortunately, I have all females except one male thebaica, so any seeds I get will be hybrids.
Rod
Phoenix

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hybrid Palms Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America