Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Official November 2010 Bingo Sign-Up

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Time to start the "official" sign-up list for the November 2010 Bingo game!

The game will begin on Monday, November 8, 2010 - this will give me time to get the Bingo choices ready, as well as get ready for (and get over the state AV show this weekend in Kerrville). I will do my darndest(?) to get a list of choices out by tomorrow night.

I will be "caller" and lbrabec will be the "card holder" - (thank you, carpathiangirl, for volunteering . . . how about next game?). The "card holder" will not be a player in this Bingo - this is to keep things as fair as possible, and since Lynn volunteered . . . (hehe)

Prizes: If someone would like to donate a prize, please dmail me with details. Only broad details will be given on the thread regarding prizes – 2 $20.00 prizes, plant of choice, surprise package, etc. Prizes will be labeled as #1, #2, #3, etc. Once the “bingo” calls begin, the Bingo person will choose a number, and will be awarded the prize assigned to that number. The person donating the prize will be notified via dmail with delivery info . . . Need Input: Due to time of year, what are your thoughts of keeping the prizes non-perishable?

If anyone has any questions, please ask!

Here is the plant list, and ahead of schedule! Each participant should submit their “card” with 25 choices to lbrabec no later than Sunday night, November 7, 2010, so you have time to look over the list (still drooling over some of them). The websites the list were chosen from are listed at the bottom, so you can check them out if you want!

1. Hoya – diptera
2. Hoya – multiflora
3. Hoya – serpens 11/9
4. Petrocosmea – HT2
5. Petrocosmea – Momo
6. Nematanthus – Hawaiian Jade 11/8
7. Nemantanthus – Ubatuba
8. Kohleria – Bristol’s Frosty
9. Kohleria – Bristol’s Irish Summer
10. Kohleria – Bristol’s Possibly Bronze
11. Columnea – Aladdin’s Lamp
12. Columnea – Lava Flow
13. Codonanthe – carnosa
14. Codonanthe – xCodonotanthus ‘Sunset’
15. Chirita – Aiko
16. Chirita – Little Dragon
17. Chirita – Tamiana 11/9 bonus
18. Alsobia – Chiapas 11/11
19. Alsobia – San Miguel
20. Aeschynanthus - Frostfire -
21. Aeschynanthus Tiger Stripe -
22. Episcia – Blue Water
23. Episcia – Coco
24. Episcia – Cotton Candy
25. Episcia – cupreata ‘La Solidad Bronze’
26. Episcia – cupreata ‘Metallica’
27. Episcia – Outoasis
28. Episcia – Silver Skies
29. Episcia – Strawberry Patch 11/13
30. Episcia – Suomi
31. Streptocarpus – Achilles
32. Streptocarpus – Aly’s Magnetosphere
33. Streptocarpus – Black Gardenia 11/13
34. Streptocarpus – Black Panther
35. Streptocarpus – Bristol’s Black Cherry
36. Streptocarpus – Cathedral Window
37. Streptocarpus – Dark Shadow 11/9
38. Streptocarpus – Dracula’s Shadow
39. Streptocarpus – Franken Dainty Lady
40. Streptocarpus – Franken Lilac Lace 11/13
41. Streptocarpus – Franken Mulberry Lady
42. Streptocarpus – Franken Velvet Lady
43. Streptocarpus – Joker
44. Streptocarpus – Kakitubata
45. Streptocarpus – Lemon Frills
46. Streptocarpus – Museum of Art
47. Streptocarpus – Northwoods Frosted Moonshine 11/11
48. Streptocarpus – Space Dust
49. Streptocarpus – Texas Hot Chili
50. AV – Alamo Flame
51. AV – Blackberry Jam
52. AV – Bon-bon 11/8
53. AV – Crimson Ice 11/9
54. AV – EK-Goluboglazaia Rossiia
55. AV – Evangeline
56. AV – Galactic Storm 11/11
57. AV – Honeysuckle Rose
58. AV – Irish Flirt
59. AV – Kei-Yoki
60. AV – Kentucky Strawberries
61. AV – Knight Magic 11/11
62. AV – Lyon's Spectacular
63. AV – Mindi Rose
64. AV – Montgomery Silver Frost
65. AV – Orchid Trail
66. AV – Pat Champagne
67. AV – Rob's Chilly Willy
68. AV – Rob's Fuzzy Navel
69. AV – Rob's Mad Cat
70. AV – S. magungensis var. minima
71. AV – S. velutina
72. AV – Sansoucy' Coco
73. AV – Texas Space Dust
74. AV – Tiny Wood Trail
75. AV – Wrangler's Pink Patches

This message was edited Nov 2, 2010 8:11 AM

This message was edited Nov 2, 2010 8:11 AM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 8:35 PM

This message was edited Nov 9, 2010 2:10 PM

This message was edited Nov 9, 2010 10:58 PM

This message was edited Nov 11, 2010 8:33 AM

This message was edited Nov 13, 2010 8:42 AM

Thumbnail by Syrumani
Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

If you want to play Bingo-- please post to this thread and I will add your name to our players list, there is no limit to number of players--the more the merrier!! :-)

(these are the names I got from the other thread . . . if I missed any, please add your name below!)

1. gessieviolet ^_^
2. phoebesviolets ^_^
3. dispatcher1 ^_^
4. mrsbonnie ^_^
5. jamiew ^_^
6. heathrjoy ^_^
7. jannich ^_^
8. helenthequeen ^_^
9. carpathiangirl ^_^
10. meag848
11. Hillbillie_Gran ^_^
12. TurtleChi ^_^
13. plantladylin
14. Debsroots ^_^

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 11:21 AM

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 2:44 PM

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

don't now what i am doing but expect to learn and understand.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Hi Nicole, the yellow AV is gorgeous, looks like a mini? After some reading I think I'm ready for the game, count me in!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Don't worry, it will be fun! If you have any questions along the way, let us know!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

It is actually a picture of the first blooms from an Irish Flirt plant that I purchased during the club sale back in May. The glare of the lights does kinda make it look yellow, doesn't it?

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

The most beautiful yellow ever! I'm such a sucker for yellow blooms lol

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

lol! I'll take a better picture of it tomorrow, and hopefully the green/white will stand out more!

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I will be the cardholder,which means I can't play .Darn!! LOL. I will also donate a prize....just gotta think of what.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

It's an awesome AV no matter what

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

Lynn, if you wanna play I could do it for you (if entitled and given some instructions lol)

That's so sweet....but then you couldn't play!! I will gladly do it and you don't need to be entitled to call.Thanks so much for the offer ^_^.

Akron, OH(Zone 5a)

No problem, just didn't want you to miss another chance to win, it could be your lucky game! maybe?

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

I want to play too!!!

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

Why not, I never win but it'll be fun!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Hi-- I'll play :)

Weedville, PA(Zone 6a)

I'm playing!!! And if I don't win I hope Gessieviolet does...cuz I always say what she said, "I never win, but it'll be fun!!" LOL!

Thank you sooooooo much to everyone who got this going!! Helene for lighting the fire, everyone who participated in the other threads, Syrumani and Lynn for volunteering to do this bingo...and everyone who I missed bcuz my mind doesn't work so well, lol! y'all are great!

Will be d.mailing you, Syrumani, about that prize I promised....so be looking for that ;)

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Tommie! I missed you!

You have no idea, heathrjoy! I will be looking for your mail!

This message was edited Nov 2, 2010 8:06 PM

Weedville, PA(Zone 6a)

Wait a second, I'm a bit confused...*a bit confused* really could be my new name lately, ROTFLOL!

Prizes...are the plants being used as bingo calls going to be prizes? I know sometimes in the past they were and sometimes they weren't. ....so, at least this time there's some basis for my confusion, lol.

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

A Bit Confused: The plants listed are going to be used as call numbers, that's it. So, when I start calling numbers, I will say something like . . . Today's call: 35. Streptocarpus - Jaco's Gem (before you look for it on the list, it is NOT number 35, and is NOT on the list . . . just an example)

The prizes are donations from DG members, and may or may not be plant material at all.

Does that make better sense?

Weedville, PA(Zone 6a)

this post is from A Bit Confused (AKA: heathrjoy) LMBO!!!

Thank you, that makes perfect sense!!

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

Saluda, SC(Zone 8a)

heatherjoy, thanks for the wishes. I reciprocate. My wife had to smile when she read your best wishes. But with the name I use it is rather confusing. I love gessies in general and violets in particular + I love confusing people at first, thus the name.

BTW: Syrumani, will receipt of our cards be acknowledged so we know for sure they have been received. I sure will hate having played and won; then find out you never got my entry! (Yeah, right, Like that's going to happen. LOL

This message was edited Nov 3, 2010 8:17 AM

Hi Lane,
The cards are sent to me.I will be confirming them all by Dmail and then by posting as soon as I verify they are correct.

Confirmed so far:

Thank you!!

Ann Arbor, MI

This sounds like fun. I won't be able to play this month, -- too far behind on things, but definitely in Dec. Can probably supply some prizes as well. Any consensus on perishable/non-perishable? IMHO shipping in winter is only a problem if it's bitterly cold (teens and below) or if items are shipped by slow mule train. Priority Mail is usually quite fine if you pack carefully and look for a run of days in the 30s or so.

There seems to be some confusion about how to send your bingo cards.In the past the numbers have been matched to the name.
If you prefer,just send me the names of the plants you pick and I will match them to the numbers.
It makes no difference to me,as long as you have 25 choices with no duplicates.I am sorry for any misunderstandings about this.
Thanks all,

Bonnie is confirmed.
Lane is confirmed.

Thanks all,

Hi All,
If anyone else sends their list it might not get confirmed until tomorrow evening.I have to work and then a doctor's appointment.
Don't worry...I will let you know ASAP.

I will post a formal list later.Right now I am using first names hoping to help older and newer members get to know each other.

Have Fun,

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

And as Lynn is getting your picks and confirming them, I am putting smilies next to your names in the second post . . so if a day goes by and you don't see a smilie, let me know!

The following players are confirmed:

Dispatcher 1

Thanks All,

Danville, VA(Zone 7a)

Hi All,
I would like to play BINGO. I have alot going on in my life right now but I will try and not be to cranky with you all. LOL
I will pick my names in a little while. Am I to late? Just thought of that. LOL
Hello to all.

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

(Zone 1)

~ ~ ~ waving hi to everyone! ~ ~ ~

Hey there ladies! It's been a long while since I've visited the AV forum, but I got a d-mail from Ibrabec/Lynn who invited me over to check out Bingo. I'd love to join in on the fun ... I'll go select my 25 from the list and get a d-mail off to Lynn with my choices. I haven't played Bingo in almost 2 years and I'm not sure I remember how LOL, but you know me ... I'll muddle along and try not to get into too much trouble along the way! :)

Thanks for the invitation, I look forward to chatting with y'all again!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

It's like Homecoming!!!

(Zone 1)

:) Hi there HGran! Yep, it is like homecoming!

This is homecoming week at the college where my husband teaches, our very first Basketball game of the season is tomorrow night and I can't wait!

Ok, I've made my picks for the game! I had to look each plant up before I could choose what I wanted for my bingo card, LOL ... now to organize a d-mail to Ibrabec!

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Truly it is, I have been hanging in other forums off and on, especially since I killed 2/3 of my Gessies (hanging head in shame here) but there is no other that I have found in all DG that has such a sense of friendship/kinship as the AVG forum! So it's good to be back among friends, they may have trouble getting rid of me again!

(Zone 1)

I haven't been around in awhile either. I don't have any AV's anymore, I just pulled up my one and only AV from the Terrarium yesterday and threw it out ... it had grown long and tall and looked terrible, and I'm too lazy to cut it up and root leaves! The only Gessie's I still have are a Chirita tamiana that I got in trade a few years ago and a couple of standard Chirita that I got from Bluebird Greenhouse 3 years ago. They are barely hanging on. I don't have any stands set up with lights anymore because my house is just so small and so cluttered, there isn't enough room ... and I've become lazy when it comes to plants!

Oh, and I have this pretty Streptocarpus saxorum ("Streptocarpell") that I received as a cutting in trade a few years ago too! It stays out on my deck year round and I love it!

Thumbnail by plantladylin

Wow,It's so great to see everybody ^_^!!

I'm at work,so I won't be confirming cards today,but I have received yours Lin (pretty plant,I love those oustide in the summer) and also Jamie's.

I will talk to all of you later,

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.