Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Oleanders: coral vine

Communities > Forums > Oleanders
bookmark
Forum: OleandersReplies: 3, Views: 70
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

November 5, 2010
1:51 PM

Post #8196266

Brical,
Hi this is about as large as my coral vines have gotten in one summer. The weather is cooling now so perhaps they will grow more.
I gave up waiting and bought 3 larger plants this summer. they grew a lot of leaves but now blooms yet. The last plant I bought is full of tiny flowers so I'm happy and I will be able to harvest a lot of pink seeds.
I wish we could buy red and white coral vines here.

Sorry wrong photo , that is one of my plumeria.

This message was edited Nov 5, 2010 1:54 PM

Thumbnail by MickeyAz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

November 5, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #8196272

a photo of my coral vine I grew from seed
Mickey

Thumbnail by MickeyAz
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

May 28, 2011
12:08 AM

Post #8592131

Brical,
Last year I bought several coral vines and seeds. I mulched the ones I bought a lot! Thank goodness I did because we had a bad winter. I just saw pink or red peaking through the little buds.
The seedlings got to come inside for the winter.
I have been surprised how fast they have taken off since they died down to the ground.
I found a nursery that has red too, of course they are out right now. They make new plants from cuttings. I'll have you try that.
Mickey
MickeyAz
Cave Creek, AZ

June 12, 2011
7:17 PM

Post #8626502

I just got some very very nice white coral vines from Almost Eden. My first pink had put out sever bugs and have flowered. Wow.
We also just saw a house in town were the whole wall was full of pink coral vines. It was just amazing, my DH thought I was nuts.
Mickey

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Oleanders Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Oleander Forum! melody 7 Aug 1, 2010 9:02 AM
Show us your Oleanders brical1 46 Aug 22, 2010 11:11 PM
My special treasured seedlings brical1 43 Jul 31, 2012 8:07 PM
new forum MickeyAz 0 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 AM
New Photos-Arizona MickeyAz 3 Aug 15, 2010 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America