Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

This is what we do:
pick buddies for each person and I will d-mail chosen names by Monday Nov. 15

Sending items should be done by December 15th the gift suggestion list is huge.
keep $ low be creative. see other thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1138311/

As we receive our gifts we should open them ( it is your pre-christmas surprise
and yours alone) and post pictures thus getting some exitement going.

So we are signing up until the 12th of Nov.
closing the Secret Santa exchange by the 15th of Nov.
sending to your buddy by the 12th of Dec.
gift has to be out by then
Please make sure your address is in the daves garden addy .

participants sofar:

mrsbonnie
jamieviw
plantladylin
Hill-billy_gran
meag848
Lillipad
Helenethequeen

This message was edited Nov 8, 2010 10:08 AM

This message was edited Nov 9, 2010 1:13 PM

Thumbnail by helenethequeen
Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Sign me up!

(Zone 1)

Sign me up please! I thought I already signed up ... must have put it on another thread, LOL ... I told y'all I'm a ditzy blonde! I'm in the address exchange.

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

sign me up also,
bonnie

Montgomery, AL

I'd like to participate! I want to make those gorgeous pinecone ornaments. I'll add my address.

Montgomery, AL

O.k., I'm relatively new. Where is the address exchange found?

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

go to "extras" on your home page and it is under "DG Connections.

Here is another Christmas gift idea --$$ Tuna can transformed - Pin cushion ear ring holder or ring holder.

(Zone 1)

I am not crafty and have a very short attention span so I think my buddy will be getting a store bought item.

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Dec 15th Huh?? OK sign me up!! I'm in the exchange!

Melanie

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

OH...I'm Definately IN. Sign me up too.

And if there is an uneven number to sign up, I will gladly volunteer to send two boxes, as I want this to be fun for everyone.

Let me tell you, Helene sent me one of those tuna can pincushions, and it was unbelieveable that it had ever been a can! Really beautiful and I use it all the time!

So Helene, aren't you going to sign up too? I don't see your name on the list !

tish

PS: I'm going to add on here for my Santa...that my favorite color is yellow, I enjoy both indoor and outdoor gardening, love anything that looks vintage, my hobbies are gardening, sewing, quilting. I can't think of anything to add that would be a dislike, I'm pretty easy to please.

This message was edited Nov 9, 2010 11:48 AM

I did up date the names today.
We are struggling but getting there we do have a few more days.
Tish you are so funny OMG I did forget me.

I am closing this "Secret Santa" as we don't have enough interest.
We will try again next year. Sincerely Helene

Montgomery, AL

That''s too bad. Thanks for trying.

Thumbnail by jamiew
Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Pretty pic, Jamie!!

Montgomery, AL

thanks, it's optimara little jewel sapphire.

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

I especially like the lighting effect.

Ahhwww my friends, some of you are mad at me, or so it seems. If you (7 of us ) want to go on we can figure out a way to give a gift to each other,,,,,Helene

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm not mad ^_^ just mostly lurking the past several days. I will go with the flow--whatever everyone else decides!!!

(tish) near Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Its a shame there is not more participation for a gift exchange. Who doesn't like gifts, ha. Whatever Helene has decided/decides is fine with me.

tish

Kittrell, NC(Zone 7b)

Helen, I really don't think anyone's mad.....more like dissapointed.

Well if all want to give this a try - we are seven at this point. I'll wait to here a "yep" from the others and d-mail buddies this PM. Helene

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Sounds great-- have you sent a group email invite to people playing bingo? they may have missed this thread I'm in-- (already got the gift)--jlmk ^_^

I can't participate this year due to health issues,but I will be lurking and cheering for everybody!!

Lynn

Montgomery, AL

Lynn, I just said a prayer for you. I hope your health improves, especially through the Holidays.

Thank you Jamie ^_^!!

Lynn, Sorry about your health.

The Saying "Health is wealth" is so true. Get better pronto. Helene

Thanks Helene ^_^!! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Lynn

If there is anything I can do, just let me know. Huge experience with health issues.....HD

Thank you again.

Lynn

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

It's been a very bad year for me as well, otherwise I would participate. I think you all should go forward as planned...get the tradition started...so I can join next year.

Hello, ladies, Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We visited my SI and DB, Just 4 of us here in Fl. Fam is every where else.

i think I have some ideas pat down as to what I want to do/send to my buddy, hoping you all come up with some pretty and interesting for your partner. Helene

I am the first who received "The" Secret Santa Package from "hillbilly_gran" Sooner than you think.

Lovely wind chimes, brand new in package, lovely antique saucer for the special mini, something old. Thank you Tommie Gillam. So thoughtful.

When all agree I will post picture.

(Zone 1)

Oooh, I haven't mailed my secret buddy's package yet. I have the box ... hopefully by the end of this coming week I will have it all together and get it mailed, will definitely get it out before Dec. 15th!

Helene: I'd love to see a picture!

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

Helene, did the cup arrive intact? If not plmk-- I insured it and we will do the paperwork.

OHHHHH Cup? running down to look for cup.

Was just going to post that I am sending mine on Monday. and ...need to run to the garage/

Cup INTACT with drainholw for AV. How clever.

I have to explain, My Sewing/Playroom is in the garage. I also wondered why the insurance?
I did not open the windchimes, but now I did and what did I find but CUP.
Thank you so much. I think Fisherman's Paradise( which is coming nicely) will look good in cup with saucer, the blue flowers and variagtion. Pefect. Thank you so much. You all let me know when to post pictures. Helene.

It sounds like a gorgeous gift Helene ^_^. I'm looking forward to everyone's pictures.

Lynn

This is part of my "SS" gift from Hillbilly_Gran - Beautiful Yes? She knew I love anything China..

Perfect hole in the bottom of cup. How come it didn't chip.

This message was edited Nov 27, 2010 11:50 AM

Jasper, AR(Zone 7a)

So glad you like it!! I have to admit it was a little scary, that cup is so fragile, but there was a whole thread on drilling holes on the C & S forum. As a result I ordered "diamond hole bits" in 3/8 and 5/8 sizes -- NOTHING is safe from me now;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images