Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Electronics: Text grammar and spelling

Communities > Forums > Electronics
bookmark
Forum: ElectronicsReplies: 2, Views: 30
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
drumlin
Rockport, ME
(Zone 5b)

November 7, 2010
3:59 AM

Post #8198730

I'm a grammar freak, and bad gammar drives me up the wall. My spelling is not the best, but I stop and go to dictionary.com to make sure my spelling is correct. Does anyone who owns a Blackberry or text a lot know if it's acceptable to the world community to use bad spelling while texting? I'm trying to find someone to take care of my cats while I'm on vacation, and this was the response from the person's Blackberry:

"I be happy to cat sit for you. Yes I'm free in jan an feb. If you want when you know exact date an time when you want to go away, send me a email an then we can meet a week before you go, so i can meet you an your babies, also to know your routine what you do for them an fill out some paperwork for insurance purposes. "

This paragraph makes me think this person is a complete idiot or psycho and I frankly don't want her on my property. Is this just normal Blackberry speak??
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #8251621

This is a business deal. I wouldn't feel comfortable with someone who cannot spell or use correct grammar in this circumstance. Friends texting between each other is one thing, but setting up a business arrangement is something different. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I wouldn't want to hire her, either.

Deb
drumlin
Rockport, ME
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
10:52 AM

Post #8254713

Yeah, since I wrote this I've spoken to my neighbor, and she has no problem coming over for a week to feed them. I'm more comfortable with that arrangement, especially in the event of really bad driving weather. Thanks for your opinion, I'm afraid I agree!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Electronics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Apple Ipod Nano Gwendalou 5 May 16, 2007 5:22 PM
Need Circuit Help Marth164 2 Oct 17, 2007 2:25 PM
e-S/W CKT help chacha1234 5 Oct 17, 2007 2:18 PM
MP3 advice anastatia 3 Mar 3, 2007 9:35 AM
DISH remote? anastatia 2 May 5, 2007 8:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America