-
AuthorContent
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2010
11:11 AM

Post #8201185

Hi Sharon, It sounds like you went head first into that problem without hesitation not knowing what the outcome would be after you did that activity. I did the last of my little pumpkins and made at least one more filling for a pie that I will enjoy later. It looks as though the sun might be out today so I am going to try and do my lawn one more time for the season and then put it away for the winter.

Alan(3pmp)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #8201907

Great that you had a successful pumpkin patch!

Sad to put our gardens to bed for the winter, isn't it?
3pmp
Slocan, BC
(Zone 3a)

November 8, 2010
6:31 PM

Post #8201990

Hi Sharon, I put my neighbor's oak tree leaves on my garden this afternoon as well as my grass clippings from the lawn cuttings that I did this past season. I got some information on how to start my rosehip bush indoors so I took the cutting and put some sand in a gardening pot along with some of the soil from my garden and an oak leaf in the bottom then I put the cutting in the sand and watered it and I am hoping that it will take root one of these days. Do you know how long it will take before the plant starts to put out new shoots? I did most of my fall cleanup today with several trips to the recycle depot and one final cut of my lawn. I will include a picture of my cutting that I have planted just today.

Alan(3pmp)

Thumbnail by 3pmp
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 8, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #8202039

Not sure how long it will take, I've never tried it with roses.

That's a good way to insure good lawns and gardens next year. Good for you!
Luck with your rose bush!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Virgin's Bower Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
In your defense Adaylilyfan 9 Nov 8, 2010 9:49 AM
Its snowing outside 3pmp 1 Nov 9, 2010 9:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America