Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Books, Movies, and TV: ebook question

Communities > Forums > Books, Movies, and TV
bookmark
Forum: Books, Movies, and TVReplies: 7, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jannich
Andalusia, AL
(Zone 8b)

November 11, 2010
6:31 AM

Post #8206182

just got a laptop and I'm enjoying reading ebooks with it.Where is your favorite,cheapest place to buy the ebooks?
Thanks for any help,Jan

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 7, 2010
10:58 PM

Post #8249559

i don't use tem but was asking about books on cd and got clued in that many books are avalable from my library in e format. call your library and ask. sory for the lack of caps but i am snacking, lol
mornin_gayle
Bloomingdale, OH
(Zone 6a)

December 8, 2010
3:00 AM

Post #8249614

I get mine free from the library.

Google also has a huge assortment of free ebooks!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

December 9, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #8251458

wow gayle thanks! I'm looking to download some thing for my son to listen to while driving.
floweringchild
Jamestown, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2011
7:33 PM

Post #8287526

I just got a Kindle and Amazon.com has loads of free books for it. I don't know if you can use your laptop for that or not.
jannich
Andalusia, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2011
9:31 AM

Post #8288177

Thank you for all the info.Called my library,they never heard of a ebook (rural living,gotta love it).I checked out Amazon and they have a free Kindle download for a computer that I'm trying to figure out..I also found a website that sells ebook collections,wicked cheap I think anyway.

Happy New Year to you all.Jan
treelover3
Minneapolis, MN
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2011
6:04 AM

Post #8374732

jannich,
Could you please share the website that sells ebook collections, "wicked cheap"? (:o)
Thanks,
Mike

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 22, 2011
4:05 AM

Post #8385803

I downloaded the free Kindle app for my Mac and also for my iPad, and I can read Kindle books easily that way. I did have a Kindle to begin with, but once I got my iPad I found I wasn't using it anymore so I gave it to my DIL. I still have an Amazon Kindle account so I can buy books through them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Books, Movies, and TV Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Edgar Rice Burroughs: At the Earth's Core dave 8 Jul 12, 2007 7:54 AM
Harry Potter?? evelyn_inthegar 63 Feb 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Stephen King's Dark Tower gardenwife 40 Dec 20, 2010 9:34 PM
What's The Story With Johnny Appleseed? VGMKY 13 Jul 26, 2008 2:00 AM
Fictionwise FREE ebooks drop 4 May 28, 2007 3:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America