Seed Pod? Say it ain't so...

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

My Neil's Alabama produced one bloom on a bloom stalk. Darn thing fell off the next day. I picked up the spent bloom and threw it away, got sidetracked and didn't cut off the bloom stalk. Well, I am watching something emerge. I have never seen a strep seed pod. Could it be.....?????

Connie

Thumbnail by aspenjocop
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

You better hope it is....otherwise aliens have invaded!!

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

thats what it is, cool hu. lol
bonnie

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

LOL!! Thought I had better post a pic for proof. Didn't want Lynn to think I was hitting the booze :) To think that I was going to cut off the stalk...so glad I didn't. I have no idea who the Daddy is but somebody is guilty (giggle) Doesn't it take 2 to 3 months for the pod to "ripen"? Can't wait to see what the seedings look like :)

Connie

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

I heard the aliens were invading via gessie pods....Get out of the house--NOW!!!!!! Hurry!

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Got cold and had to come back inside HA!!!

Williston, ND

takes about eight weeks to ripen when you see the stem turn brown time to remove it

JIM

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

Save me a few seeds please!

Jan

Hi Sis!! ^_^

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

Okay Sista Jan, but only if you name them after me LOL!! It will be fun to see what comes out of these seeds. I still don't understand this. The bloom was fully open for one day and fell off the next. I am not understanding how it could be pollinated. It was sitting in the same tray with Neil's Martha May and Bristol's Party Girl, which were just opening themselves. Those original blooms are still on their stalks. Don't they usually require waiting a certain period before pollinating like A.V.s?

It may have self-pollinated.

Sista Lynn

Williston, ND

most of the time it takes a few days for it to be ready to accept pollen,,yes i think they do self pollenate or they have help
like thrips or any other kinds of bugs that do that sorta thing,

Land of OZ, CT(Zone 6a)

Aliens....

Northeast, MO(Zone 5b)

I have a suspicion that those aliens come out in the wee hours of the morning. Maybe I have plant fairies hidden in my closet ha!! It would be cool if I did. Come one, come all.

Even though I am still keeping these isolated, I have not seen any signs of thrips or other. Thank goodness!! Darn, Jim...now you have me thinking all kinds of bad things like bugs and INSV LOL!!! I am VERY paranoid over bugs so I just ordered a microscope that you hook up to your computer. It will be so much fun to play with and to see things really up close.

Connie

This message was edited Nov 15, 2010 4:00 PM

Whitsett, NC(Zone 8a)

I remember my first seed pod on a strep . . . I had emailed a picture of it to Gail, and I told her "I didn't touch it, I swear!" If memory serves, I mailed the pod itself to a certain person that posts on this forum once in a while . . . but it was awhile ago . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.