Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Retirees: Part D insurance... it is that time of year again!

Communities > Forums > Retirees
bookmark
Forum: RetireesReplies: 37, Views: 247
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
podster
Deep East Texas, TX
(Zone 8a)

November 14, 2010
5:36 AM

Post #8210607

I hate it. The more I read, the more confuseder I get.

DH takes lots of meds and has been the "hole in the doughnut" for a few months now. I don't mind but have resented this past year with the insurance carrier:

1 ~ continually suggesting a generic when the DRs adamantly refuse specific generics. Others they consider o.k.
Then, I find one acceptable generic costs us more than the brand prescription does thru this insurance. Go figure.

2~ the insurance company has continually attempted to get us to use their mail order pharmacy. The reduced price is not worth the loss of service I receive from our hometown pharmacy. An example ~ yesterday I couldn't get away from work to pick up the prescriptions and they kindly delivered at no extra charge.

3~ the insurance sends out monthly statements tracking the dollars spent vs. time to the coverage gap. The statements are only two months behind. Really helps me keep abreast of things.

4~ this week, I received a letter from the insurance company that we were underbilled for a prescription received in January by $34.00 and I need to submit payment. Now, I am wondering how many more of these I will receive from them. So I dug out all DHs' prescriptions received this year, the billing statements from the pharmacy, the insurance statements showing what they paid for this past year and their blessed Formulary. Guess what I am doing this weekend??!!?

It is constantly having to stay on my toes. Like I have nothing else to tend to... GIVE ME A BREAK!

Next, I need to research the part D plans available in TX for the new year and even though it is a busy time at work, this is something I can not put off because I will not stay with this company!

Any suggestions for researching tips will be appreciated. Not to worry though. What I really just needed to do was vent LOL

This thread has 37 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Retirees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to our newest forum! Terry 156 Feb 3, 2008 12:54 AM
Happy New Year; and newest forum celebration. Lily_love 21 Jan 11, 2008 4:46 PM
retired widow rutholive 26 Oct 20, 2009 2:16 PM
Adjusting to forced retirement cathy4 34 Mar 18, 2008 11:04 AM
Reverse Mortgages? haighr 41 Jun 1, 2008 2:29 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America