Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Oleanders: red oleander wont bloom

Communities > Forums > Oleanders
bookmark
Forum: OleandersReplies: 2, Views: 67
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
flfwrs
Niceville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 14, 2010
5:36 PM

Post #8211748

My red oleander won't bloom. It didn't even get any buds for the longest time, now its had buds for about a month but they don't open. What's up with that? My pink one, right next to it has been blooming like crazy alll summer. Any ideas? Are the red ones less prone to bloom?
brical1
Inland S.E QLD
Australia

November 15, 2010
4:13 PM

Post #8213573

Hi flfwrs, I am not familiar with your climate but as you will soon be going into winter it may be a little too late to see blooms this season. Is it a new plant for you and has it been in the same location as the pink one for the same amount of time and is it receiving the same amount of sun.?
flfwrs
Niceville, FL
(Zone 8b)

November 16, 2010
3:58 AM

Post #8214268

the pink one is new this year, it bloomed from the time I bought it in Spring and it is still blooming now. It's been in the 70's and 80's so it's not winter yet thankfully :) I've had the red one for about 10 years and it has never bloomed well. I moved it two years ago to a location in the full sun. I added the pink one right next to it this Spring. The red one finally got buds but they don't open. The pink buds open soon after forming.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Oleanders Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Oleander Forum! melody 7 Aug 1, 2010 9:02 AM
Show us your Oleanders brical1 46 Aug 22, 2010 11:11 PM
My special treasured seedlings brical1 43 Jul 31, 2012 8:07 PM
new forum MickeyAz 0 Aug 4, 2010 10:13 AM
New Photos-Arizona MickeyAz 3 Aug 15, 2010 1:49 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America