Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Soap and Candle-making: Problem with candles adhereing to sides of jars

Communities > Forums > Soap and Candle-making
bookmark
Forum: Soap and Candle-makingReplies: 4, Views: 38
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
granny597
Jasper, AL

November 16, 2010
1:34 AM

Post #8214191

Hope someone can offer some advise on this problem. It appears after my candles cool and have set the candle is not sticking to the sides of the jars, what could be causing this. I warm the jars prior to setting my wicks but the problem is still occuring, please help
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

November 16, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #8215178

I expect the wax is contracting on cooling?
I wonder if you cooled the wax some before pouring into jars?
---just a thought.

When I made candles I used the cardboard milk cartons as a mould,
and they would peel off from the candles.

One that I remember doing was to place a wick down the center of the 2 liter milk carton.
Then pack crushed ice or ice cubes into the carton around the wick.
Then pour melted wax over the ice. Let it set over night and then peel the carton off.
It gave interesting almost translucent candles.
sjbubb54
New Berlin, PA

November 26, 2011
5:14 AM

Post #8906141

the owner of papascandleshop.com here - are you using soy wax if so try your G444 also let your wax cool down to around 105 degrees stir a couple of times then pour into your jars that are at room temp.

Thumbnail by sjbubb54
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ItsMeChrissy
Union Grove, WI
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2013
1:13 PM

Post #9734777

I just got a candle making kit (soy), haven't made a candle yet, but have been studying all day. I saw this tip on a number of websites...heat up the jar using a hairdryer, then pour in the wax, if the jar is cool when the wax goes in it will separate from the jar.

Again.. haven't tried it but saw that tip a few times today :-)
AlishClinton
Lodi, CA

January 30, 2014
7:20 PM

Post #9759143

Hi
I am new to this forum site. I found this site very interesting and where I can get valuable information about my relevant topic. Last day I visited to a shopping mall where I found unique and very stylist kinds of candle stand, wax bar and Scentsy Candles itís really delighted my heart if you want to buy beautiful Scentsy products then you can go through: http://bit.ly/1jaGUkj

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Soap and Candle-making Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome! Terry 14 Aug 21, 2007 9:24 AM
I got wax and empty pop bottles for christmas veeja3 10 Jun 1, 2010 7:56 PM
Who are the soapmakers??? gingerlily 73 Nov 12, 2007 1:05 AM
New at making soap Patty08 62 Dec 19, 2007 2:35 PM
Hello, new candlemaker to this forum... waxedout 11 Aug 10, 2014 8:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America