Tunisian

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

Has anyone worked with Tunisian stitches? And if so do you know where I can find good patterns. Have checked Revelry and the patterns there are not what I am looking for.

Kannapolis, NC

I found a pattern for reusable face cleaning pads. Just little squares usually 2-3 inches square. keeps from buying all those cotton balls & rounds. Really simple & fast to do.
here's the link for them.
http://www.igobykatie.com/2010/09/diy-tunisian-crochet.html
You can also google 'small tunisian crochet projects' & see if something comes up.
These are the 1st tunisian things I've done, so I don't have a lot of experience with it in other things like garments :o)

Thank you. Right now I am not working on anything, having problems with the right shoulder again

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Those are adorable!!! I've made a complete afghan using the Tunisian stitch and an afghan hook. It was made in strips... My Mom did one years ago and then crossstitched over it...

Kannapolis, NC

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I have arthritis in my fingers & right elbow & have to take breaks now & then too. Hope it heals quickly for you :o)

Thank you but it is something that will not heal and the surgery is one of those that could leave me in worse shape than I am.

Kannapolis, NC

Quote from Quilter5bdsr :
Those are adorable!!! I've made a complete afghan using the Tunisian stitch and an afghan hook. It was made in strips... My Mom did one years ago and then crossstitched over it...

I don't know if I could hold out long anough to do a afghan, LOL...I felt like it took forever when I made a dish cloth using tunisian. I guess bulky yarn & a large hook would do me better ;o)

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

She used all worsted weight yarn for both the crochet and the Xstitch. She won Best in Fair for her work. I have very BIG shoes to fill!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.