-
AuthorContent
pottingmixer
Council, ID
(Zone 5a)

November 19, 2010
1:13 PM

Post #8220672

Hello from cold country...in Calif. I had epies hanging from the trees! Still am addicted to them, but need plan of attack to keep them healthy and blooming in Idaho. They are alive and pretty healthy, but they like to be in hanging pots, OUTSIDE, and this is well and good until winter. It is now beginning to snow outside. My question is how to keep them happy until Spring comes around. I would appreciate any help..
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

November 19, 2010
3:08 PM

Post #8220807

hello and welcome from upstate new yorki.

i suggest you vist the communjity fourm and search for yhour area of the country and then ask your question once you find it.

flying_squirrel
Priest River, ID
(Zone 5b)

May 16, 2011
5:40 PM

Post #8567891

Hi, I live in the Idaho panhandle and have a dozen epiphyllums. I have a sunporch that I can sort of heat in the winter. When it is cold(like sub zero) the porch will get down to 40 but most of the winter I can keep it 45-50. The epiphyllums I kept in there all bloomed this spring! I just bought 20 more cuttings to expand the group since they did so well without much fussing. If you can hang them even in a cool but light room in your house they will probably fare OK. Hope they made it through the winter and you are enjoying some blooms. Having something so beautiful in late winter/spring helps get through the long dark days.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America