Photo by Melody

Handyman: Any tips on installing Laminate flooring?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 4, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

November 22, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #8226117

I have a 28 X 48 Manufactured home that I am going to do in laminate flooring...every room, bath and closets.

Have any of you done this and can tell me what will be the hardest part to do?

Thanks. Jo
raisedbedbob
Walkerton, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 4, 2010
5:18 AM

Post #8243496

Installing laminate flooring looks deceptively easy. It is if:
1. You have all the correct tools and materials and I do mean all of them.
2. you are real handy.
3. your knees are as sound as an 18 Yr. old's

I tried doing it myself in a house I used to own. I'm real handy (helped build my first house). Had, I thought, all the right tools and I was 45 at the time. I gave up. There are lots of little tricks of the trade that will foul you up and make you ill-tempered. I ended up hiring a proffessional installer; and, after listening to lots of good natured cracks about being a "happy home owner" the job got done quickly and correctly.

If you can afford it, let an expert do it, and then sit back and enjoy the fruits of his/her labor.
RBB
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

December 5, 2010
1:32 PM

Post #8245562

RBB..Thanks for the advice...too late!! My son in law, and my 15YO DGS have about finished the job...only the small bath and laundry area left to do!!! I got a bed, TV and phone...table and easy chair moved over today so will be spending my first night in my new home. Thanks. Jo

postmandug

postmandug
Bardstown, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 14, 2010
11:08 AM

Post #8259893

Jo, you shoulda bought me a plane ticket to AZ! I have laid it several times in our home. Not too hard to do, if as Bob said, you have the right tools.

Doug
roadrunner
Hereford, AZ
(Zone 8a)

December 14, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #8259981

Dougie...I would have enyoyed your company at least. your are dear and PRECIOUS> Jo

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America