Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Can u Correct Environmental Changes?

Montgomery, AL

This is Apache Victory in a 6 inch oyama pot. There was a change from window to light stand. The window had blanched the leaves pale yellow-green(too much sun). Can u green those leaves up or do I need to prune out and repot into a smaller pot?

Thumbnail by jamiew
(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Jamie,
It looks like it's just outer leaves.If so,removing them is best.Sometimes Epson salts-1tablespoon per gallon of water will green things up.

Lynn

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

epsom salts really works good.
bonnie

(Lynn) Omaha, NE(Zone 5a)

Bonnie,
I tablespoon per gallon of water is correct,right?

Montgomery, AL

I'll try epsom salt. Have u ever noticed any difference with that vs fish emulsion?

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Hello, thought I put in my 2 cents. epsom salt changes the PH. fish emulsion is a fertilizer.

I personally have not too much experience with this kind of situation.

Now that you mention fish emulsion, I must get it.
This may resolve the fact that my newbies just "don't get off the pot" they don't grow as fast as I think they should. Happy Thanksgiving to all Helene

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

& to you also & everyone else.lol
bonnie

Ottawa, IL(Zone 9a)

epsom salt is benefical to your plants. it does give magnesium & sulfur both to srengthening the plants.most gardners swear by it, however researchers disagree. I'll go with the gardners.
bonnie

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Oh, I didn't think that far. Of course in Europe they had these epsom salt water cures for arthiritis and such diseases. It didn't cure anything but did give relief.

I am going to try it on my weaklings here.

Nottingham, MD(Zone 7a)

Jamie how are your plants doing?
You can also try using a fert. With a higher first number(Nitrogen). I've seen a real difference in a few plants that were yellowing when I got them, since using a 30-14-13 fert.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.