Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Gardening by the Moon: Gardening by the Moon Calendar, December 2010

Communities > Forums > Gardening by the Moon
bookmark
Forum: Gardening by the MoonReplies: 6, Views: 86
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

November 28, 2010
4:43 PM

Post #8235014

December 2010

1st-2nd Good Days For Planting Root Crops, Fine For Sowing Grains, Hay, And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers. Where Climate Is Suitable.

3rd-5th First Two Days Good For Planting Carrots, Beets, Onions, Turnips, Irish Potatoes, And Other Root Crops. Third Day Good For Celery, Cauliflower Brussel Sprouts. All Days Good For Planting Leafy Vegetables Such As Cabbage, Lettuce, And Collards In The South. Start Seedbeds.

6th-7th Do No Planting.

8th-10th Plant Sweet Corn, Beans, Peppers, And Other Above Ground Crops Where Climate Is Suitable.

11th-12th Good Days For Killing Weeds, Briars And Other Plant Pests, Poor For Planting.

13th-15th Plant Peppers, Sweet Corn, Tomatoes, And Other Above Ground Crops In Southern Florida, California, And Texas. Extra Good For Cucumbers, Peas, Cantaloupes, And Other Vine Crops.

16th-17th A Poor Time To Plant.

18th-19th Fine For Planting Beans, Peppers, Cucumbers, Melons, And Other Above Ground Crops Where Climate Is Suitable.

20th-21st Seeds Planted Now Tend To Rot In Ground.

22nd-23rd Most Favorable Days For Planting Beets, Onions, Turnips, And Other Root Crops Where Climate Allows. Plant Seedbeds And Flower Gardens.

24th-27th A Most Barren Period. Kill Plant Pests And Do General Farm Work.

28th-29th Favorable Days For Planting Root Crops, Fine For Sowing Grains, Hay, And Forage Crops. Plant Flowers. Where Climate Is Suitable.

30th-31st Plant Carrots, Beets, Onions, Turnips, Irish Potatoes, And Other Root Crops In The South. Lettuce, Cabbage, Collards, And Other Leafy Vegetables Will Do Well. Start Seedbeds.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2010
1:26 PM

Post #8239554

Thanks for doing this!

I have bought the Gardening by the Moon calendars for several years, and managed to lose the 2010 calendar in Nov. when I took it with me on a trip, since I keep all my notes on it.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

December 1, 2010
4:40 PM

Post #8239893

darius, Hi glad to help.

Can you do any gardening in VA in this weather that you have over there in winter?

Do you have a poly tunnel or a green house?

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2010
5:16 PM

Post #8239990

I can only wish for a tunnel or GH!

Next year, if I can get anyone to help me (I'm 70), I'll have a cold frame with a poly cover set-up to extend my fall season. We've had several frosts, but kale and brussels sprouts would still be okay IF I had planted any. The ground hasn't frozen yet, just a frosty top layer a few nights... but it's coming colder soon. Last frost is mid-to-late May.
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #8241308

I can only imagine how long is your cold weather season.
If I was around I'd help

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

December 2, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #8241346

Christina, I just tell everyone it gives me more time to develop a contemplative nature!
cristina
Temuco
Chile
(Zone 9b)

December 3, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #8242671

Oh, yes and of course I feel you're right, as time goes by, and our lives are so full, and busy, and chaotic we have little time to watch and see, but really see..

contemplation, that is altogether another level !

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Gardening by the Moon Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Moon calendar? nivlac 13 Jul 11, 2007 5:46 PM
Welcome to the Gardening by the Moon forum dave 67 Dec 27, 2008 6:47 AM
Those who know how to read an almanac defoecat 81 Jul 10, 2007 1:03 AM
Moon Phases threegardeners 9 Jul 11, 2007 9:59 PM
Here's what I'd started last year .. Magpye 24 Jul 21, 2007 4:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America