Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Thanksgiving Lesson: Wonderful story

Communities > Forums > Article: The Thanksgiving Lesson
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Thanksgiving LessonReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cybercrone
Toronto,, ON
(Zone 6a)

November 29, 2010
10:18 AM

Post #8236012

How did I miss that story first time around? It's wonderful, and I sent the link to all my friends so I hope they can read it too.

I must have been a very dumb child or else I just drew boundaries differently. We were pretty poor, so Dad went hunting a couple times, once brought home a couple rabbits and once a deer, and I had the same reaction as you did - accused him of killing Bambi and the Peter Rabbit, but somehow that never crossed over to animals raised for food. It seemed to just affect me if they were story book animals.

I've been back and forth on the vegetarian thing a couple times, but always end up back with the meat because I am so bone lazy, basically. I just find it ridiculously hard to plan a vegetarian meal every day, though I guess it shouldn't be that hard since lots of people do it.

A wonderful quote, but I forget from where, someone said they wouldn't eat anything with a face or a mother.

Took my first ever Pilates mat class on Saturday, and I think it must be wonderfully effective given the number of places that are feeling it - places that I don't remember ever getting a workout in any other kind of system, so I'll go a few more times and see how it goes.

Glad your day this year turned out to be good. I was alone at Thanksgiving too this year - many years I'm overseas too, and I think it affects me worse than being alone at Christmas would do.

Hope the stories keep coming, Sharon. I do love them. They bring back so many of my own memories at times, and other times I learn things I didn't know that are so interesting.
Hugs,
~marilyn
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

November 29, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #8236523

Marilyn, thank you so much!

Sorry about the aches and pains, I sure hope they are worth it.

Do you have anymore trips planned? Isn't it Africa where you spend a lot of time? I remember that beautiful fabric!

Thanks again, and I wish for you a very wonderful Christmas, wherever you are!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Thanksgiving Lesson Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! adinamiti 15 Nov 30, 2008 6:56 PM
What a lovely family you have!!! frostweed 2 Nov 27, 2008 6:19 PM
Gobble Gobble phicks 1 Nov 27, 2008 6:20 PM
Enjoy today Susie2 3 Nov 27, 2008 7:07 PM
Beautiful Story! BennysPlace 2 Nov 28, 2008 2:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America