Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Clean and Clutter-free: 2010 Daily CHUCK-le Vol.5

Communities > Forums > Clean and Clutter-free
bookmark
Forum: Clean and Clutter-freeReplies: 221, Views: 1,251
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 1, 2010
10:43 AM

Post #8239258

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1126959/#new

Well today is the 1st of December! Where did the year go??? And it is Wednesday, so trash day here. I have started to put out a few decorations out for Christmas. So this morning I pulled one box of decorations out of closet and went thru it. I was able to toss a number of items into the trash! Stuf that neither I nor our daughter wants...so out it went! lol

This message was edited Dec 1, 2010 1:46 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ladyslipper8744
Monson, MA

December 1, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #8239821

We are all realizing how easier it is to get along with less...did get rid of 2 totes of Christmas items...family picked through it then friends then rest to donation...sure feels good not to lug those totes around!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 2, 2010
12:53 PM

Post #8241019

Way to go, my lady! I threw away a bra I have never really liked. It fit well but had itchy lace. I put up with the itch because it fit so well. Now, I have raised my standards. Things must fit well, look good and be annoyance-free!

This message was edited Dec 3, 2010 5:44 AM
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 2, 2010
8:46 PM

Post #8241609

Bill-paying day, so burned receipts and other papers.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 3, 2010
1:14 AM

Post #8241734

Nice work lady,i cleaned out part of my desk drawers,brother called need to clean the spare room ,he will be spending a few nites ,and its a bomb room all my christmas tubs and sewing and crafts,I know what I will be doin saturday...

Thumbnail by huggergirl

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 3, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #8242412

Oh I agree with you!!! I just hate an uncomfy bra...
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2010
3:22 PM

Post #8242733

I threw out some rotten veggies (then went to the store and bought more--not rotten though. LOL)

Got rid of an old video camera after I transferred my home movies to DVD. Cleared out some craft stuff. Have a bag of clothes and spices I'll never use to Freecycle. Also trashed Monopoly money and cards which I had saved to use in scrapbooking.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 3, 2010
10:15 PM

Post #8243246

Thanks for the photo, Hugger! Nice to know I'm not alone in the messy guest room club. You will get it clean!

Today I recycled some bottles I was going to save at first.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

December 3, 2010
11:09 PM

Post #8243303

I sent a 6" stack of magazines to a waiting room for foreigners at the local hospital. I am glad to be rid of them and I didn't send them to a landfill!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 4, 2010
3:27 AM

Post #8243408

Thats great Juney, I take National Geographic to the nursing home..Big brother coming home this Friday,wheew I have time to get it sorted out...
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 4, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #8243712

I am doing three drawers in the kitchen today or tomorrow. Catch all full of nothing. Did all three about 6 months ago and they are back in same shape. I also plan on some work min the garage and some gardening. Temperature is going to be 65 and sunny. Landscapers were here yesterday and cut back all the cannas. That is one job I am glad they can do. But now I need to dig some up, thin out and then also move some irises and rain lilies. But I think our freezing is done so I should have plenty of time. Just have to put up with the wind in January and February.

Wish me luck today. Thanks friends, Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 4, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #8243725

Dang enjoy your 65 degress it is a balmy 30 degrees with light flurries ,very pretty and cold ..But its ok birds are out feeding in force,very peaceful and wintery.Iam going get busy and clean out the curio cabinet ,its bad,Ill do before and after

This message was edited Dec 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl

WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 4, 2010
8:26 AM

Post #8243756

I actually had a hummingbird buss me yesterday. The quail are still coming by and some small yellow birds but the majority are gone. Had a beautiful song bird Wednesday but could not see it. It was in a tree behind us i the greenbelt. I had put out a new suet block so I think the bird was saying thank you. Anyway, I stopped what I was doing and enjoyed the music. And thanked God for the bird and the song. .
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 4, 2010
1:40 PM

Post #8244069

Husband and daughter are negating most my decluttering efforts. I just cleaned off the bookcase, and shoved the box of books out the door with a free sign on it. I hopebody takes at least some of them. I guess I will need to bring them back in for the night, but I am afraid if hubby and daughter see them, they will declare that they need them.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 4, 2010
3:01 PM

Post #8244168

LOL,I do that for my neibor..She has the same problem. I ended up making snowmen today...I can get them in the mail Monday...yay

Thumbnail by huggergirl

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 4, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #8244248

Oh how cute!!
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 4, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #8244553

Well, should not have depended on the weather man. Cloudy all day and rain in the atmosphere but did not hit the ground. Was not cold, just looked old. So I spent the majority of the day in the house doing a whole bunch of nothing. There is always tomorrow.

I just saw the weather report and the jet stream as moved south pulling down cold air. The South is going to get cold. The North is already cold. Stay safe and warm friends. Sharon.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 4, 2010
8:01 PM

Post #8244605

Wow, Hugger, what a gorgeous Cardinal and friends! I lived in Ohio for 2 yrs and almost drove off the road the first time I saw a cardinal in a bare tree. I started the black sunflower feeding today. We have no acorns this year. Neighbor had a bear cub on his deck yesterday. I expect to see more. I hope the wildlife will make it thru this winter.
Snowmen are charming. Are the bodies gym socks? I have a drawer full of holey ones for rags.

Good work, Sharon. Nurse, I have been in your shoes. Hard to declutter amongst clutterers.

Today I put a top and DH put a sweater on the OUT pile.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2010 5:03 AM
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 4, 2010
8:04 PM

Post #8244608

Everyone is doing so well. Perfect time to give away what someone else will love.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 5, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #8244878

We have no walnuts this year ,but we have a bumper crop of acorns.We just set up a feeder and suet and heated birdbath on the westside of the house,I got lucky yesterday with the photo of the Cardinal and purple finch and was it a junco or chickadee ?

Huck,I came home from work 1 day ,we have 17 steps down to the house,im walking down the steps and I realize down in the wetlands there are 20 or more cardnials,it was a beautiful sight,the ground was snow covered ,the birds were scattered about in the thicket brush,red dots everywhere..Then I scared them off ..Didnt mean to LOL

snowmen made out of tube socks and rice...Hats made of ankle socks
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 5, 2010
5:21 AM

Post #8244897

Tamara, your snowmen are really cute.

Remind me to chuck out a carton of cream that expired back in ...ber, will you?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 5, 2010
5:33 AM

Post #8244909

Margaret,You remind me too,I have a carton of heavy cream that will most likly go bad..Then I ll find it..eww LOL Thanks on the snowmen they are cute and fun to make.That reminds me Cvillegardner,made some framed christmas trees made of old jewelry,they are beautiful.Made me think of the old jewlery you donated a while back !!! Hind sight always 20/20 wishing I had all my old stuff too !!! Didnt even think it could be art someday !!! LOL
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 5, 2010
9:24 PM

Post #8246222

Today I breezed thru the Sunday paper, Christmas ads and all. I didn't give one hoot about what was for sale. Bad for the economy, good for my freedom.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #8246522

i did the same, to much ...LOL
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
9:08 AM

Post #8246857

I chucked a bunch yesterday! My sister was here from TN. I sent her home with some things to consign for me in her consignment shop. I also gave her a bunch of stuff I had piled in the guest room. She left here with an full carload of stuff I'll never have to deal with again. We cleaned out so much in the guest room that we were able to move the cabinets in the home gym into the guest room so I could actually use my home gym. I'm sooooo thrilled!!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 6, 2010
10:07 PM

Post #8247960

I give things to my consignment lady too. She is just as nice as any charity and she donates things to the women's crisis center.
Today I made a raspberry pie using a pre-made crust that had cluttered the freezer long enough. The raspberries were from the garden and frozen as well. The way I make it is not too fattening. And why just save it for company?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2010
4:41 AM

Post #8248117

wow great for you ,soo does that mean I could possibly find room to get the malibu pilates chair out of the closet if i declutter the spare bedroom ??? I need to get it cleaned up this week ,big brother is coming home..I have rasberries in the freezer too..
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2010
10:49 PM

Post #8249555

Don't forget to take your "after" photo of your clean guest room, Hugger!

Today's toss was a box of Christmas cards. They were odds and ends from previous years. We did not toss them, we mailed them.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #8249903

i will do that ,thinking rasberry pie now ...LOL i show the pitch pile too !!! I did that too mismatched stuff
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 9, 2010
8:15 PM

Post #8252632

I think your bro is on his way, Hugger. ;-)
DH and I ate 1/2 of the pie. I froze the rest to eat later. Trying to be good. :-.(...
Yesterday I gathered up and washed worn washcloths, towels and old holey woolen blanket to add to a modest check as a gift for the animal shelter. Old flannel pillowcases and sheets too. This is a win-win situation. =^..^=

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #8254378

I offered on Freecycle a bunch of packing material. Bubble wrap, packing peanuts, boxes, etc. No takers yet. This is an odd freecycle group in my area. Lots of asking for stuff, not as much offering. I'm not sure how many people are paying attention any more to it!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #8254538

Mrs. Ed, our Freecycle is the same. The things people ask for amaze me--a laptop, a car, Christmas gifts for our kids, a house, etc. Just about anything I offer is taken immediately--except packing supplies. ONce in a while, someone is moving and will want them. But often, I end putting them in the trash.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
8:26 AM

Post #8254549

OH i wish you were closer ,my friend sells on eBay,I collect and save all packing materials for her,boxes too. We clean offices and do trash and recycling for them.so I have a great source,and if she has enough we recycle as much as possible.

before shot of guest room

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
8:35 AM

Post #8254556

after...big brother made it here too,only to have to leave a day early Because of the Big storm thats on its way..He has to drive 100 miles south to Indy to catch his flight tomorrow at 4pm,forcast is grimmm for long travel .he will be leaving this afternoon . he will stay with an old collage buddy in Indy.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #8254561

this was the really messy house before

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
8:52 AM

Post #8254573

before

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
8:57 AM

Post #8254578

After,so now if I can keep it this way...Did straighten out 2 closets also ,only had to recycle a few small boxes.Yay next are those christmas tubs...

Thumbnail by huggergirl

WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 11, 2010
10:07 PM

Post #8255513

WOW, great job and a whole bunch of hard work. Good for you. But it is like losing weight. Easy to lose, hard to keep off. Godm bless you...Sharon in Las Vegas.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010
7:03 AM

Post #8255811

We went and bought one of those nice Kitchen Aid stand mixers yesterday so had to make room in a cabinet for it. So several glass vases that I never use are boxed up to go now!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 12, 2010
8:29 AM

Post #8255982

WOW! Hugger, that is Fabulous! Great job and you are all ready to sit back and enjoy it, I hope. Did I spy snow outside the windows?
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 12, 2010
9:59 AM

Post #8256087

Looks great hugger! Enjoy the mixer Nanny, my daughter got one a few years ago, and she loves it!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2010
11:13 AM

Post #8256162

Nanny, you'll love that mixer, and it will be the last one you ever buy. I leave mine on the counter though because I just don't have cupboard space. Not that I have counter space either!

So I have two people interested in the packing stuff. The first said she'd take all I have. We'll see.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #8256486

thanks everyone ,Im trying really hard to keep it neat..WE will see LOL
oh a nice kitchen aid ,that is super piece of equipment,It would be sitting on my counter too ..
Marna hope they come through for you..

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #8256493

We tried...but we just have very little counter space here, but lots of cabinet space.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #8256537

Yah, your kitchen is deceiving, Nanny. It looks like it's so big since it's connected to that room, but it's not all counter-y. My cabinets are circa 1950, they are built in, and about 2 inches more shallow than modern cabinets. I suppose I might have some more room if I cleared out some baking pans. I've been considering that.

nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 12, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #8256727

I think the kitchen is the hardest room to declutter, especially if you cook and/or bake a lot. My daughter does cake decorating, and she has a lot of stuff for that. I finally assembled cabinets in the basement for her to store her stuff in, but my kitchen is still over crowded. The pantry closet is a problem, I think I have about 6 types of vinegar. Do I really need them all? Probably not, but the minute I get rid of one, that will be the kind I need. Let's not even start on oil and spices. I think I store a lot more food then needed. I am from a large family, and the shelves were always full, but that may be because my mother shopped once every two weeks, and needed all that to get through. I however tend to end up in the store at least 2 times a week, so I probably should down size. Guess as soon as I finish the living room, I will tackle the pantry. Pray for me! lol
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 12, 2010
6:04 PM

Post #8256769

I keep my pantry supplied with canned beans, soups, broth, rice, fish and anything that can be eaten cold. Also enough water to cook the rice. Just in case. Something I got from my parents. I have a system so nothing gets old. But I have a very large walk in pantry. I have been cleaning the pantry and I have about 1/3 done. I have items, cookware, on the top shelf I have not touched in years. I will assume when I am finished, the shelf will be empty.

Later friends, Sharon.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 12, 2010
9:13 PM

Post #8257022

I donated 12 articles of clothing to the Goodwill. Bought one scarf. 12 steps forward, 1 step back.
ladyslipper8744
Monson, MA

December 13, 2010
3:51 AM

Post #8257224

Wow!! Great job Hugger!!
Did buy a turntable to put in refrigerator for easier access and like it!
Plan on buying another one!! Can rotate to see what I need...
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
6:55 AM

Post #8257525

Ok I bought all these dishes at GW,but I made garden stacks out of them for Christmas gifts,used all but 3 plates..

Im envious of a kitchen ,I really dont have one to speak of very small, 8x 15 ,the only thing that saves it is the bar between the lr and kitchen for work space,2 people in it can be annoying !!! Pantry whats that... lucky girls...=}

Thumbnail by huggergirl

ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
7:32 AM

Post #8257584

Huggergirl, those garden stacks are pretty!! What a great use of colorful dishes!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
7:41 AM

Post #8257608

Thank you ,Im hoping everyone likes them

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #8257787

They ARE nice. Are they just ornamental or functional too?

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
4:30 PM

Post #8258531

Boy, you are one crafty person there...neat!

Thank goodness for a large pantry. I hate to think of not having one now!
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 13, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #8258992

Those are very pretty but you are going to have to show me. I am not from Missouri but I have no idea what you would do with it.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2010
3:32 AM

Post #8259119

We have been yakking and showing photos over at mid south gardening , thread mid south garden art part3.Birds and blooms had theses garden art stacks in last months issue and someone was also making flowers out of small glass items glued together and mounted on a copper pipe,like tea cups and saucers,super cute too.

Marna, Im thinking about setting a pot of flowers on 1 they make nice pedestals,or on a deck they make a nice bird feeder,and if the top piece is a bowl you could put water in them too,small BB??? I just had to make some to see what I could dream up.. Now Im thinking 2 or 3 pedestals out my side door with varying heights ????

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 14, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #8259192

Well I could definitely use some in my yard for birds and butterflies. I can totally see some rotting fruit in one with a bunch of butterflies on it! But yes, looks like many uses, that's why I asked.

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 15, 2010

Post #8261155

I really was not sure if other people could see what I see them being used for whatever one wants,Or if they would think geez whats wrong with her stacking up old dishes and thinking its Purdy !!!! I gave one away yesterday and it was funny...after you tell them what they can use it for,then it was all oohs and aahs and you bought all this at good will..soo glad they liked it.still chuckling about it...

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 15, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #8261192

Well very nice. Fingers crossed for no hailstorms! ;)
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 15, 2010
8:19 AM

Post #8261482

OM ,didnt think about that,go figure always a day late and a dollar short..LOL
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 15, 2010
11:03 PM

Post #8262844

Nice stacks, Hugger!
I have been using a few art supplies to get the Christmas cards out. A little less clutter there. Made a tunnel for the cat out of a piece of flexible cardboard I was saving. He is getting old, but he thrust himself into it three times this evening. =^..^=
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 16, 2010

Post #8263030

OH I have a box for the cats in the LR now,they love it well and the catnip too...this was a kitty I bottle raised we were baby sitting him..He was soo funny

Thumbnail by huggergirl

nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 16, 2010
10:28 AM

Post #8263554

We have a box in the living room for the cat's toys. Well, in theory that's what it is for, but the toys are usually everywhere but in the box. When I vacuum, I throw them all in the box, and she (the cat) looks at me like a crazy, then she goes to the box, and picks them back out one at a time, just like a child and a toy box. Soon they are all over the place again.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 18, 2010
3:02 PM

Post #8266825

And I thought cats were neat, ha ha. =^..^= Pretty kitty, Hugger.

Burned some wrapping paper I had saved that was too far gone. Same for a few squashed bows.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 18, 2010
6:26 PM

Post #8267080

found a couple of plastic food storage containers that don't have lids..so pitched them.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 18, 2010
7:24 PM

Post #8267162

Put a few more things into the box for the animal welfare op-shop, including a crocodile doorstop.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 18, 2010
8:18 PM

Post #8267224

I wonder if your croc doorstop would discourage rodents from breaking and entering? Hmm.

Put a few boxes I have had for years on the fire.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 18, 2010
9:58 PM

Post #8267285

LOL, huck.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 18, 2010
10:15 PM

Post #8267295

Wish I lived where I could burn things. My family had a summer cabin, which my mother had managed to fill with clutter. My brother and I had a ball building bonfires. Burnt old bathing suits, moldy books, blankets, furniture, you name it, she had collected it. My mother has never turned down anything somebody offered her. I guess it's the result of being raised during the depression, and then having 7 children. People were always giving her their cast offs, and she took everything. She is presently in a nursing home, hopefully just for rehab, and we are trying to organize a day to clear out at least one of the extra bedrooms in her house so she can have a sitting room on the second floor when she comes home. My sister also lives there, but has her own health problems. The house is an old victorian, with one bathroom on the second floor. There are 6 bedrooms (2 are in the attic), and old 3 being used. The rest are pretty much full of junk, which either,1)she might need someday, or 2)is worth money. My greatest motivation to declutter my house, is the fear that it will start to look like hers.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 19, 2010
2:26 AM

Post #8267342

Sounds like a wonderful old house,My dream home old victorian. A sitting room for mom nice ,good incentive too,and for your future of non clutter.good luck.

Margaret ,good donation croc door stop for the shelters store..

Funny Huck...
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2010
6:28 AM

Post #8267511

Nurse, I understand what a monumental task you have ahead of you. My mother is a hoarder. 12 years ago she had a stroke that left her dependent on us, so she could no longer live alone across town. She can't remember how to read, write, use the phone, drive, cook, or talk. So we had to move her out here next to us so we could tend to her. While she was in rehab, we had to clear the junk out of her former home so we could sell it. About 70% of the stuff was literal trash--broken yard tools, broken windows, dry rotted tires from cars she owned 30 years before, broken light fixtures, moth eaten clothes from the 70's, molded books, mouse infested curtains she saved for years, dry rotted bedspreads, empty boxes that had gotten wet, etc. Her house and two storage buildings were piled up to the ceilings.

She's still upset about all the stuff we didn't bring to her new house and she has done what she can to pile up this house. But since she doesn't shop, we've been able to control some of it. But whatever comes into her house never leaves. The guest bedroom is full to the ceiling with gifts she was given but will never use (saving for a rainy day), empty gift boxes and bags that she guards but will never use, wrapping paper from gifts given to her, dolls, toys for grandchildren that are now in college, more curtains that will never hang in her home, coffee pots that quit working, etc.

They just don't stop to think about what they leave behind for their children. It's hard for me to understand. But Mom's hoarding has been an incentive for me to continue to work towards eliminating anything that doesn't serve a real purpose in my life.

Yesterday I sold a leather coat that's too heavy for me and a food processor I've only used once. And I gave away a couple of shirts I don't wear.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 19, 2010
11:18 AM

Post #8267845

Butterfly, thaks! Now I'm terrified of what I will find! Not really, because I already know it is pretty much the same stuff as you found. I suggested to my sister that we just rent a dumpster and start pitching. I know my mom will be mad, and like your, continue to hoard what she can, but we plan on telling her we put the stuff in the attic or basement. Since she really has problems with stairs, that should keep her from looking for it. I just hope my siblings are as ready to pitch as I am. My mother did a lot of sewing and probably has every pattern she ever used. She even has some so old, they just came with paper and instructions, and you drew the actual pattern yourself! (Don't any of you dare tell me they may be worth something!) If I have my way the whole lot of patterns will go. She has enough books to fill a library, and not a small one, a public one. Not with books anybody would what anymore, mostly ones that "may be worth money some day"
Anyway, hopefully we can get that organized. I cleaned under the kitchen sink today, which was not near as bad as I expected. I did find I hhave doubles and triples of some cleaning products, so at least I am stocked up for a while. I also discovered the O ring thing that holds the drain pipe to the sink drain was broken, and water was seeping. Luckily it's a double sink, and I can use the other half, and hopefully find time today or tomorrow to buy a new ring.
I still have 2 cabinets, a couple drawers, and on top of the refrigerator(I forgot about that until today) to clean, then the kitchen in done. I am finding I have an insane amount of scotch tape, pens and screwdrivers. Who knew?
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 19, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8268373

Add my mother to the hoarding sisterhood. I know she keeps stuff for her 4 children, but is too embarrassed to give it to us. I am also afraid I will be the same if I don't nip it in the bud now.

Today I cleaned out some receipts. Wadded them into a ball that the cat batted around. =^..^=
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 19, 2010
6:49 PM

Post #8268408

My DH was going through a drawer in the garage today. I asked him what was he looking for. He told me and I said with much confidence, "That is no where in the garage. Must be in one of the three drawers in the kitchen I have not yet cleaned out". AND, that was where it was. LOL. Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2010
5:43 AM

Post #8268774

Im sad for you both ,huck an nurse,it would be soo hard to have to deal with an aging parent and a hoarding one at that,wish I were closer I`d love to come help clean out,Im a great organizer.MY dH`s dad was a hoarder,luckily the hoarding didnt make it in to every room of the big house,after he passed in 1988,he also ran his Dental Lab out of the house.He managed to fill up the basement and the 2nd story of the house,took us 2summers to get rid of everything,1st summer Lab and basement,100 gallons of paint rusted through,5 televisions a GAS refrigerator,bags of trash,from when I cleaned kitchen cabinets out,I thought he was throwing it away,it went to the basement.And the basement was really a damp cellar soo everything downthere was ruined ...a nice old cash register rusted to bits.We had to leave the Huge Safe...DH helped put it down there an he said he was NOT BRINGING IT UP...TOO funny yes we still had the combination !!! We made piles in the driveway 8 ft tall the city used a pay loader 4 dump truck loads .TG his mom is not a hoarder...His sister is a bit of one,an ocd issues.We found food in a file cabinet in the garage !!!! His mom had no Idea what he had kept or put where,she is a taylor by trade soo she was never the chief cook and bottle washer in the house ,so food in the garage was news to her !!!! I dont think she bought white trash bags ,toilet paper or paper towels for years,we found sooo many..New boxes you would think oh a brand new what ever ,nope it was the old broken one in the box ????We really didnt find much that was not rusted or broken,oh bags of pink dental wax,that was scraps dh thinks he used it to start fires in the fire place,and used bowling pins used those in the fireplace to start fires also.He worked part time at our local bowling alley he was the fix it man .We even had an airplane wing and prop !!! they were from his airplane that got rolled in a tornado on the ground.Yes he also crashed an airplane once,they had taken off after air guard jets,hit dead air,fell from the sky ,all 3 survived..And he still flew all the time,till he couldnt pass the phyiscal anymore.We moved his mom into a condo a year or so later,and she keeps it neat as a pin..TG and she is 89 and still sews everyday,runs the church food bank.we are soo fortunate...But we have to tell her not to go out when it snows,yes she drives,still really a good driver,DH makes her drive him ,she drove him to have his cateract surgury...as he drove her to hers !!!! LOL.. Sadly it really is a hard situation for the both of you,wishing you much luck on your project.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2010
6:42 AM

Post #8268864

ewww...found a tub of lard buried in the pantry that is at least 2 years old...out to the trash!!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 20, 2010
9:27 AM

Post #8269081

Am working on setting up a work party at my mom's over New Years. Her bedroom has a smaller bed room attached to in. Both also open into the hall. I guess it might have been a nursery? Both rooms are pretty large, compared with modern houses. The plan is to clear out both rooms, move her bed into the smaller room, and set the other room up as a sitting room, with a microwave ans small refrigerator. This way she doesn't have to do the stairs. My sister can bring meals up, but she ccan still have snacks on hand. I hope the cleaning party comes together. We are still waiting for my younger brother, to find out if he can help. He and I live about 3 hours away, and my oldest sister is about 5 hours. She plans on coming to my house, and then heading west the next day. We will spend Friday-Sunday, trying to get through the mess. I really thing most of it needs to just be pitched, or donated, so I hope the rest of the family can overcome their hoarder genes and agree.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
9:34 AM

Post #8269093

Be sure to check thru things thoroughly. While cleaning out my mom's house, we found family photos, postage stamps, and even cash hidden in phonebooks and other books. She put family portraits in books because she didn't have frames for them and didn't want them to get bent. Who knows, you might even find a love letter or two or something else intriguing from the past tucked into a magazine. Please post and let us know how it goes. I hope you find some unexpected treasures.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 20, 2010
5:31 PM

Post #8269770

When we were cleaning out mother's home after her passing, we found money everywhere. Her favorite was pockets in jackets or pants. Found a coffee can full of silver dollars and other silver coins but we knew it was somewhere.

Also found a box with cremated remains and a death certificate of someone we had no idea who it was. OMG, maybe Daddy killed someone with his temper. My sister took the info back to California and contacted Oregon. It was remains of his step-father. They were hidden in a back part of the shelves where canned food was kept. Probably had been there for many years.

So be prepared, you will never believe some of the things you will find.

Did not do much today. It rained all day. But did get lat package in the mail. It is a good ting I only have two packages, because I am not good with mailing packages.

But I did open a drawer and found about 500m cards. Different kinds. I remember gathering them all a few years ago and putting them in one drawer. They are actually nice cards but I will not live long enough to use all of them. I think I will put them on free cycle after the first of the year.

Stay safe and warm. Sharon
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 20, 2010
10:24 PM

Post #8270105

Oh, boy, treasure hunt! Grandmother kept $600.00 in the hem of her bedroom curtain. My Aunt hid $3,000.00 wrapped in foil in a Velveeta box in the fridge. My other Aunt was tossing it into the garbage can when she noticed it felt strange. Opened it up expecting to see green moldy cheese, not greenbacks!

Nearly forgot what I tossed in all that excitement over hidden $$$. I tossed a lot of food packaging, as there is a mouse in the pantry and I had to put things in glass jars for safekeeping. I need that crocodile doorstop!

This message was edited Dec 21, 2010 7:28 AM

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2010
7:40 AM

Post #8270545

I am getting a new bedroom dresser tomorrow so am going to go thru everything as I empty the old one. I know there are things I can pitch!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 21, 2010
8:21 PM

Post #8271756

That is a wonderful incentive to go through things and clean, Nanny.

I planted some tiny red potatos today. They were not clutter, but had been waiting patiently for me to plant them for weeks. I moved them several times. Now they are happy and so am I.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 22, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #8272000

Yes that is great incentive nanny a New dresser ,so whatcha doin with the old dresser ??? I only have 3 closets in my house ,so dressers are abundant here !!! Great storage.

Huck ,I couldn't imagine being able to plant potatoes in late December !!!...I love little reds

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 22, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #8272382

huggergirl wrote:Yes that is great incentive nanny a New dresser ,so whatcha doin with the old dresser ??? I only have 3 closets in my house ,so dressers are abundant here !!! Great storage.

LOL!!! I hear ya...but I used every bit of live there was in the old one. The drawers were breaking which is why I replaced it. We are the type that only buys new when the old is completely broke! lol

Otherwise you would have been more than welcome to it! What part of Indiana are you in anyways?

This message was edited Dec 22, 2010 11:53 AM
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 22, 2010
11:09 AM

Post #8272546

OMG Sharon! If I find ashes I will freak! I am sure she has money stashed everywhere, because she always has done that. I had a dementia patient trying to give one of my staff $20 one day. We distracted her, and looked through her wallet. She had over $600 on her! Gave the money to her daughter, who was shocked, apparently they had already taken $500 from her, and thought they got it all. When I told her it was stuck behind pictures in her wallet (also one of my mom's hiding places) she had no idea she did that, but the granddaughter who was present knew.
Present plan is to just try to consolidate the stuff as much as possible so mom can go through it when she gets home. Personally, I'm hoping we can also pitch some, but have to wait and see.
ladyslipper8744
Monson, MA

December 24, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #8275659

I feel for all of you having to go through your parents houses and clean them out...had to do it 7 yrs. ago when mother moved...
Mother passed away last week at my sister's home ( we took care of her there )...even with a pre-paid funeral we had much still do do and we would have been way overloaded if we had to deal with her house and all her possessions.
That is one reason I try to de-clutter, give away things to those that need it or want it now.
Was hard at first then realized all these things were usually packed away and I didn't use them or need them.
With all your hints, and supporting each other, we have made great strides in de-cluttering our lives and making time for things that really matter!
Merry Christmas to all!!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 24, 2010
8:16 PM

Post #8275854

Merry Christmas to all! and a Happy simplified, clutterfree New Year!
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 24, 2010
8:33 PM

Post #8275862

I was explaining my de-cluttering to my cousin. She started laughing. Her sister, another cousin, does "Estate Sales". We decided she needed to do "Pre-Estate Sales". She is 80 and told us to forget it. LOL.

I think I will stop de-cluttering until 2011. Then start off with a roar. Merry Christmas all my friends. Sharon.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 24, 2010
8:57 PM

Post #8275877

Oh, Geraldine, my sympathy goes out to you. I hope your mother had a peaceful exit. Bless you and your family.

I took a box full of the kid's old books to them for Christmas. They had a blast looking thru them and snapping them up for their young children. I put this off before as I thought it would be a chore and/or burden for them. They loved it. Wish I had done this earlier.
They also took some bedding and cat toys. Delete delete delete!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 25, 2010
5:05 AM

Post #8276063

slipper,so sorry for your loss.good thing you had 1 less thing to have to deal with at such an awful time.Tamara

Merry Christmas to all ...
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 25, 2010
8:14 PM

Post #8276931

Merry Christmas back!
I started carefully peeling the tape off the used wrapping paper and then stopped. Wadded it up and put it in the paper trash. Later took it out to clean up the bottom of the roaster pan. DH cooked a prime rib for Christmas dinner and it made a lot of grease. Threw the greasy wrapping paper on the fire. So I got 3 uses for that paper; as giftwrap, as pan degreaser, as a firestarter. And it is not taking up space in the drawer. Win, win, win.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2010
5:10 AM

Post #8277119

Good One !!! I put clean used paper towels in the compost ,DH says we are putting more and more in to the recycle,since we can mingle it now..I also shred news paper for the compost tumbler,when i dont have enough dry material.

Prime rib yummy...A favorite around here

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2010
10:06 AM

Post #8277434

see, I save that grease so that I can make yorkshire pudding. yum.

ditto on the wrapping paper. we were pretty poor growing up, so I saved all my paper. It was really hard to break my self of that. but now paper is pretty cheap and I only have to buy stuff every few year.

So, Yesterday and today i CHUCKED a whole lot of paper! Also got rid of some catalogs. Have to make way for the new seed catalogs that will be coming in.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 26, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #8277809

Chucked the real old video camera...ya know one of those real big ones that used VHS cassette tapes...EEEK!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #8277867

LOL. i know those! A couple of years ago, I traded an analog video camera (small tapes though) for a couple of lenses!

nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 26, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #8277871

Good work ladies! No more used wrapping paper!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 26, 2010
7:36 PM

Post #8278106

A funny clutterer's confession: When DH thought the roast was done, he got the meat thermometer out of the drawer and inserted it in the roast. Nothing happened. He asked where the other meat thermometer was. I thought, "Uh oh, I probably put it in the OUT pile". Looked in the kitchen gadget extras box in the pantry, there were 3 various meat thermometers in there. By this time, the first one began measuring the temperature of the roast. I said"!#@%*!, we need to trust the one in the roast or get rid of it! He stuck all of them in and they all confirmed each other's temperature. So we have 4 functioning meat thermometers that I know of. 2 went in the OUT box.

I also broke an old piece of plastic into many pieces and put it in the trash.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 26, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #8278192

Kitch gadgets are my downfall. We have a huge drawer of gadgets, and I have a hard time parting with any of them. Most are very useful, but maybe only once every couple years. The problem is, they are the type of thing you are thrilled to have when you need them. Strawberry hullers, potato mashers, cookie scoops. I have no idea where to start with weeding these out.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 26, 2010
10:45 PM

Post #8278227

You do not weed kitchen utensils. The ones you do not use all the time, you put in a large plastic container and put it somewhere handy. When you need it and use it you put it back in to the main kitchen drawer. After a year, if you have not used it, get rid of it. Better said than done. My container is still under the vegetable sink in the island. I need to pitch the whole bunch this week.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2010
3:46 AM

Post #8278303

nice trade Mrs_Ed,good thinking.i went through the wrapping paper tub recycled a bunch of tissue paper,I used up all but a few square feet of paper and bags ..will be looking for 80o/o off paper for next year...

I only have 2 drawers for utensils in my kitchen,I try really hard to keep it to a minimum of gadgets that you cant live without !!!!
ladyslipper8744
Monson, MA

December 27, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #8278882

Mrs. Ed, I donate my old garden magazines to a childcare program. They come in handy for Mother's day etc...they cut out all those beautiful flowers and also are able to recognize some flowers now.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 27, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #8279555

Sharon, what a gerat idea. I will definately do that. Not the throwing them away after a year part, but I will put the ones I don't need as often in a separate container and stick it in the pantry closet. Don't know why I never thought to do that. Thanks!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 27, 2010
5:57 PM

Post #8279578

Youngest daughter seems to have caught a touch of the declutter bug!!!! Let's hope she get a major case!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 27, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #8279709

You've inspired me. I've just spent the last hour sifting through old wrapping paper and cards. Have kept a few cards, but have placed a lot of stuff in the box for donation and the scrappier bits have gone into the recycling bin.m
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 27, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #8279738

I spent the day putting things away that were back into the house from the clean-up of the garage.

I had little Christmas out so I had very little to put away. But when I was putting it way I talked to all the other decorations and told them for sure they would be out of the room next year. Yes, I am nuts. I talk to my dogs, plants and innate objects.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow. I am continuing cleaning tomorrow. That is if I cannot not garden. It was windy today so we shall see.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 27, 2010
10:11 PM

Post #8279922

Spent last 4 hours helping daughter clean her room. We are about half done. She has actually tossed a lot of stuff for a change. Total so far 4 bags of trash, 2 boxs of give away stuff, and a box of stuff to go elsewhere. I also got her to go through the set of drawers she has in the bathroom and toss a lot of stuff. Really fel we mae a lot of progress. She does most the work, I just sit and talk with her and keep her on track. She has ADD and a little OCD, as do I, so whe gets distracted easily. Having me there seems to help. Only problem is, I am working the next 2 nights, then going to western PA to decluttle my mom's before she comes home from rehab, so I won't have time to help her again until next week. I hope she doesn't lose interest in the project.
Went to the doctor's this eve and got antibiiotics for the sinus infection I have been trying to ignore. Hopefully getting rid of it will give me some pep. Take care all, and stay warm. Tracie
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #8280111

Every one is working hard,great work.On my list now is my curio cabinet in desperate need of cleaning,and finding the bag of corks Ive stashed ..LOL

nurse,maybe your daughter will really like the less cluttered room,and continue to do so with your gentle help.
I suffer from sinus infections,easily,a dr told me once well if this dosent work you will have to have surgurey...whaaatt my 2nd infection,soo I knew back in the day they used salt water nasal rinse,looked it up found a piece that was made for a waterpick for nasal irrigation,got over the bad infection in 3 days.. Not a horrible thing to do not as bad as one might think or as it sounds ...Nettie pots ..I use it after Ive been out gardening and during allergy season.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #8280129

Have the granddaughters here for a few days. They used to live with us, so we still have lots of their toys here. Today we are going to go thru stuff and see if anything can go.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2010
6:27 AM

Post #8280177

Oh sounds like fun nanny.one can never have enough time with the grand children
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 28, 2010
2:47 PM

Post #8280946

Hugger, I started using a Netti pot a couple years ago. It does seem to help when I use it. I really should have started using a few weeks ago, and might have avoided the infection. I really didn't realize how sick I was, the whole thing really hit me last night. I ended up calling off work a second day, which should not be a problem since I seldom call off. I actually had a little energy today, which I have not had for the past week or so. Did some laundry and ran to the grocery store, needed to rest between, but at least there is some food in the house. Going to help the daughter finish her room tonight. I told her we would start at 6:00, I really hope we are able to finish. I just sit there and watch her work, which is good because I don't have much pep.
ladyslipper8744
Monson, MA

December 28, 2010
6:05 PM

Post #8281196

I use the nasal irrigation system also and it does help the sinus...especially for allergies.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 28, 2010
9:53 PM

Post #8281454

I had sinus surgery about ten years ago and no sinus infections since. The drainage hole was partly closed so my sinus did not drain. I use the Nettie pot as soon as I get any hint of a head cold or sinus problem. Especially if I have been outside tossing around perlite or vermiculite. After last years battle with Asthma, I no longer use Vermiculite. Later Sharon.
shune
Burien, WA
(Zone 7b)

December 28, 2010
9:59 PM

Post #8281458

I have thought about trying the nettie pot but I'm afraid of drowning myself.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 28, 2010
10:06 PM

Post #8281465

You will not drown but you will fill like you are. But it REALLY, REALLY, helps. Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2010
3:57 AM

Post #8281542

It really is not as bad as it sounds,and it soo works...I know creepy... I swear it does not hurt or burn or you dont gag or anything, or drown!!!! just relax and do it... I will never go to the dr. for a sinus infection again.certainly not the specialist that wanted to operate,before trying more than 1option ?? I had a ct scan too maybe thats what he saw small drainage ,and alot of swelling. cheeks would gurgle when tipping my head side to side...ACCKK I have Not had that happen again,because I use the salt water when I feel something starting to happen again.I hate those sinus headaches too...

Nurse ,hope you start to feel better soon , did you and your daughter have a good evening decluttering.Maybe see if she wants you to post photos of her accomplishments,then we can give her the way to go...beautiful job..I would love to tell her that...

I cleaned out sewing storage tubs,fabric my mil gave me going to GW,probly15 -20 yrds anybody need some wool ??? I can post photos
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 29, 2010
11:06 AM

Post #8282120

Oldest duaghter interrupted our cleaning efforts last night, but since she and her little sister were busy, I used the eve to clean out the small corner closet in my room. Got rid of most everything in it. The closet is in an odd location, and the door sticks, so I tend just to put thinngs in it I won't need often. Decided most the stuff I didn't ned at all. Took 6 small boxes and one bag to the thrift shop today. There was too much just to set outside for free like I have been doing. Got rid of a bunch of use able sheets. I have 3 good sets for my bed that I rotate between. These were older sets that are still usable, but I will never need them, and maybe somebody who can't afford better does. Did find out there is some mold in the back corner of the closet. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this? Bleach? Also went through kitchen towel drawer. Had purchased some towels on sale only to get them home and discover why they were so cheap. They are too small for towels, but to large for dish clothes. Send them to the thrift shop. Pitched anything that was worn thin and/or stained. Still have a lot of towels and an insane amount of pot holders.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #8282319

Thats what I`d use, is bleach on the mold..and since you have the closet all emptied out you shouldnt have to worry about mold again.Great job on getting your closet cleaned out
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 29, 2010
10:39 PM

Post #8283051

Is there carpet in the closet or tile? Mold is very very bad and can make you very ill. I know because our old home had mold and I did not know it and I was so sick and they could not figure out why. After we moved I gradually got better. Then they started checking all homes in Las Vegas for mold if they were getting a new loan. I called the new owners and told them to have their home checked. They did and there was mold at the end of the great room where I sat every night after work. It was under the wallpaper. That wall was directly under the upstairs kids bathroom tub. When they let the water spray out while showering it seeped down the wall behind the sheet rock. We were in that house over 20 years.

If there is carpet, look under the carpet.

Later Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 30, 2010
4:30 AM

Post #8283138

Good advice looking under carpet, I too have Mold allergies,thats why I love winter !!! Drug Free Winters for Me !!!! Yay
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 30, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #8283288

This is in the back corner of the closet and seems to be just on the wall, but there is carpet so I will be sure to look under it. my oldest sister is coming in tonight, and then we are going to my mom's to declutter over the weekend. Have to clean up around here, but have to say, since I have decluttered the downstairs, I wouldn't be embarrassed for somebody to just come in now. Place is a little dusty, but otherwise, not so bad. I use to spend days cleaning before company. This mostly consisted of stashing clutter out of sight and not actually dealing with it. Like it much better this way!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 30, 2010
7:17 AM

Post #8283301

The girls did real good cleaning out stuff! We got rid of 4 trash bags full of toys they no longer play with and an old TV/VCR combo that had quit working.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

December 30, 2010
11:04 AM

Post #8283613

good for them (and you), Nanny!

nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 30, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #8283737

Way to go nanny! It's amazing how many toys children have. When my girls were growing up, I always tried to go through toys before Christmas and give the ones they had outgrown away. I was actually able to get them to join in by letting them know the toys would be going to less fortunate children who didn't have a lot of toys. I would then give them to one of the moms at work that I knew was struggling or donate them to the church run thrift shop.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

December 30, 2010
9:09 PM

Post #8284401

Threw away some recipes I have too many variations for.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 30, 2010
9:29 PM

Post #8284419

That reminds me, I still need to deal with my many cook books.

Good luck on your mom's house. When you get back you also need to find out why there is mold there in the first place. Is it an outside wall.

I did get under my kitchen sink cleaned but now I messed up the laundry room. But I will rearrange the storage in the laundry room tomorrow and then that room will be back in order.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

December 31, 2010

Post #8284631

My sister is here, and as soon as she's ready it's off to mom's. Daughter made dinner last night for us. She is a good, but messy, cook. I cleaned up the kitchen and emptied the dishwasher before going to bed. Had to excuse myself from visiting with sis, but loved the clean kitchen this morning!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
5:26 AM

Post #8284640

Hope you have a great productive day = }

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
4:36 PM

Post #8285573

nurseatnite wrote:Way to go nanny! It's amazing how many toys children have. When my girls were growing up, I always tried to go through toys before Christmas and give the ones they had outgrown away. I was actually able to get them to join in by letting them know the toys would be going to less fortunate children who didn't have a lot of toys. I would then give them to one of the moms at work that I knew was struggling or donate them to the church run thrift shop.

We did the same thing when they lived with us...Gave them to a daycare or The Caring Center which provided things for free or very low cost to people in need.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 31, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8285794

Happy New Year friends. Happy cleaning and January is just around the corner. Life is good and 2011 will be good. Cannot ask for more. Sharon
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

December 31, 2010
8:25 PM

Post #8285949

I chucked an empty champagne bottle in the recycling bin. Happy New Year, everyone.
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

December 31, 2010
8:59 PM

Post #8285973

Recycle Margaret. Good Girl. I am having a sip of Crown Royal.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2011
6:05 AM

Post #8286185

Heh. Margaret, I hope that is ALL you chucked. ;)

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 1, 2011
11:54 AM

Post #8286779

OMG!!!! lol
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 2, 2011
7:56 PM

Post #8289309

;sJust posted a report on the declutttering at my mom's on the hoarders thread. Too tired to tell you more tonight. Just have to say, please do not save old purses without cleaning them out, there is nothing quite as gross as digging through old tissues and melted hard candy!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 2, 2011
9:30 PM

Post #8289396

Cheers, Margaret! Here's to 2011, long may it wave!

I went thru all the Christmas cards and calendars and wastebaskets and threw all paper goods on the fire. Only saved photos and a few family update newsletters. It felt wonderful and I enjoyed watching the old clutter burst into colorful flame. =^..^=
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2011
4:29 AM

Post #8289541

Happy New Year to all
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

January 3, 2011
11:44 AM

Post #8290256

I chucked a 7 piece comforter set today that I decided didn't suit my bedroom. A very nice lady from Craigslist bought it. And we had a nice long visit. Turns out she's an avid gardener too and has moved in with her daughter and has a whole yard to garden in. So come spring, I can chuck a bunch of my excess plants at her too. LOL
WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

January 3, 2011
8:59 PM

Post #8291332

I spent the day taking care of problems. XM radio, Chase Bank, Geek Squad and Handyman. And on top of that it was snowing when I got up at 6:30am. Stopped around 1pm and was melted by 4pm.

The only thing that got pitched was a bunch of recycle and papers in my "personal" garbage container. It is right next to where I sit on the couch and I sort through it when I dump it and shred, recycle or dump its contents.

BUT no appointments this week and no real reason to leave the house so I should get a lot done.

Later, Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 4, 2011

Post #8291463

i need to list a few things on Craig's ,malibu Pilate's chair,a kenwood stereo,tanning bed.I think I will do that now !!!
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8291767

Huggergirl, isn't Craigslist great? I used to Freecycle everything until we got a local Craigslist.

If you haven't already, get a free blujay store too. It's totally free, no fees whatsoever. You can list your items in your store and link to it in your Craigslist ads so people can see everything you have. You might sell multiple items to one person that way
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 4, 2011
9:12 AM

Post #8291916

When I cleaned out the upstairs closet last week, I was going to move the boxes of checks downstairs to my desk where I have the others. Just looked in the boxes, and they are all from Allfirst Bank. My present bank bought them out at least 5 years ago. Probably more like 10! Taking them to work to throw in shred bin.
ButterflyChaser
Northeast, AR
(Zone 7a)

January 5, 2011
6:41 PM

Post #8294574

I've chucked some scrapbooking items, some nice valances, and a some cookbooks and cookbook rack. Sold them all on Craigslist. It's so hard for me to let go of things I pay good money for that are still valuable. Craigslist helps me to see my clutter as $$$ and it's getting so easy to say goodbye to the clutter!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 5, 2011
7:43 PM

Post #8294635

I chucked some dust-collecting ornaments into the box for the op-shop.

It almost becomes addictive, doesn't it? It also makes you really know those things that you could never willingly let go.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 5, 2011
8:10 PM

Post #8294661

Cleaned out the tea drawer (yes, I have a tea drawer), took a large bag of teas to work and put them in the break room. Hopefully when I go back on Friday they will be gone.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 5, 2011
9:28 PM

Post #8294739

Good for you. Good teas and coffee always go down well in break rooms.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 6, 2011
4:39 AM

Post #8294957

That tea was a good chuck = } I`ve got a lg trash bag full of clothes and Yards of fabric,the fabric is wool 70`S ish...LOL gross colors,Although I did pull a piece out that Im going to have my MIL( Margaret) make me a patch pocket blazer,its brown plaids beautiful .MIL is a taylor by trade, it will turn out much better if she makes it for me !!!
taking the bag to GW.also there is a mentally handicapped fellow ,that I fixed up a clear storage tub full of 4bath towels and hand towels,and dish towels, a shower curtain, and a box of cat litter.He will be using the clear tub for a litter box.they work better because they are taller and the cats dont kick a lot of litter out,also good for male cats that like to back up to pee on the taller walls of the box.I know too much Info..LOL also his PC moniter has died on him soo I told him id see what I could do for him.well ,hoping this will work ..we have a broken flat screen tv ,the antenna jack thingy broke 120.00 to fix it to watch TV ,it will work just as well as a pc moniter without getting fixed..He will be surprized.still need to get a shower curtain liner and rug for his bathroom,then his bath will match..I forgot to say They just moved him to a much nicer apt. and now he gets 32hrs of Tara a week ,she has helped him tremendously,he was turning into a hoarder.so Im trying to round up a few new used things for him,Tara said they have thrown out all of his dishes pots and pans,she said things were pretty gross.He slept in his bed for the first time in 10 years,in his new place,asked him how did it feel ,he said wonderful and Fluffy slept with me too...now Im looking for a used sofa for him,wish I had one stashed somewhere.well Ive rambled enough.= }
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 6, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8295063

Good work Hugger! Sounds like his place is coming together. Hopefully you can teach him to keep the clutter under control.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 9, 2011
10:38 AM

Post #8300633

Today's chuck-5 old purses. Still usable, but I will never use them again, so out they go. I also went through my activity bins. I have 2 of these. We have a family reunion every year over a 3 day weekend. I plan the activities for this and always bring some craft kits from Oriental Trading Company. They sell their kits in pack sof 12, but 12 is not enough and 24 is too many. I have keot the unused kits long enough. I am donating them to the activity department at work. Hopefully they can use them. Got pretty much evertything into one bin! Have set the stuff outside in a free just take box but if it is not gone today I will take it to the thrift shop before work tomorrow.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2011
4:14 PM

Post #8305387

OUr VHS player broke so am goign to start cleaning out the movies...I have some real gems here. Anybody body remember The Trouble With Angels with Hayley Mills!! lol

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2011
4:16 PM

Post #8305394

haha. Hayley Mills!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2011
4:18 PM

Post #8305402

Did you think it a just happened that have a GD named Hayly??? lol
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 11, 2011
5:38 PM

Post #8305568

Eat your hearts out, folks. I'm just about to chuck myself into the ocean - for a swim! LOL

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 11, 2011
7:35 PM

Post #8305760

now that is just mean!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 11, 2011
8:31 PM

Post #8305843

Margaret, I am chucking a snowball in your general direction!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 11, 2011
10:00 PM

Post #8305910

Yeah, plain mean, nanny. LOL

Well chucked, nurse. It landed just in front of me. See the splash? (chuckle, chuckle)

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011 1:00 PM

Thumbnail by MargaretK

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2011
4:56 AM

Post #8306091

oH lucky you,I love salt water..

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2011
5:23 AM

Post #8306124

Watch out for sharks!! lol
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 12, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8306126

It's the best, isn't it, Tamara. I'm never more contented than when I'm in, on or under it.

Today I chucked two old textbooks, a fancy gift box and an electric hair styler.

Cross posting, nanny. Believe me, observation helicopters are up and down the coast all the time. Light aircraft also do a civic duty of shark watch. It's an ever present danger.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2011 8:26 PM
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2011
5:47 AM

Post #8306165

i was just cking prices in Gulf Shores Alabama,maybe sping if not, September for sure.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2011
9:48 PM

Post #8307821

Oh, Margaret, what a fabulous photo! I am a mermaid too.

Took 4 boxes of clothing, shoes and DVDs to the consignment shop. Brought 1 box of rejects back. They will go into the yard sale, or be donated.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2011

Post #8308008

chucked three disgusting pot holders and two oven mitts.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2011
5:55 AM

Post #8308060

Mrs_Ed wrote:chucked three disgusting pot holders and two oven mitts.

ewwww...I need to replace ours too now that I read this!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2011
9:28 AM

Post #8308488

i could use some new ones too,they get disgusting dont they,even after they are washed...

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2011
10:39 AM

Post #8308629

I didn't get new ones, but had some that were slightly less used. lol. the mitts could have gone a few more years (no tears), but they were fairly gross.

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2011
3:01 AM

Post #8309772

Recycled country woman and birds an blooms mags after I pulled articles out,and i filed those..!!! I keep looking att new hot pads ,I need to go to BBB,instead of wallyworld !!! i need choices !!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2011
7:47 AM

Post #8310123

I picked up a Document Shredder last week. I had one years ago but never replaced it after it broke. DH even uses it and he could never seem to find the trash can before! Just would lay mail back on the table for me to decifer if it was junk or something to keep.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2011
11:45 AM

Post #8310474

yah. boys. haha

Funny you should mention shredders as i just shredded a pile of stuff this morning. I send it to recycle though I have thought about composting it.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2011
3:47 PM

Post #8310820

I am considering composting...

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2011
6:09 PM

Post #8311035

I have a nice compost bin, but like most things in my life, I have been too lazy to attend to it. It hasn't been turned in ages. Well, actually, EVER. This spring I'll dump it to make a new flower bed.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 15, 2011
5:01 AM

Post #8311487

We compost the same way.. LOL but it still works . we also have a compost tumbler and a paper shreder would be a great soulution for us ,we never have enough dry,we have tons of coffee grounds an teabags and greens ,I throw used paper towels in too.Im too lazy to tearup news paper.The shredder is a great idea and the dh wont be burning nearly as much ..I dont like him doing that anyway.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 16, 2011
5:11 AM

Post #8313038

This evening I chucked lots of old, faded photographs that I'll never look at and would have no interest to those who may one day be going through my stuff. (Not for a long time, I hope). Also put photos that no longer hold any interest for me into a couple of bundles to give to the people who would probably find them fascinating.

Oh, and shredded the usual mail items that have identifying details on them.

This message was edited Jan 16, 2011 8:12 PM
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 16, 2011

Post #8313056

good work = ] I put 3 rolls of velveteen craft ribbon in the GW basket,and 2 of DH`s sweaters.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 16, 2011
5:32 AM

Post #8313065

Tamara, the good thing is besides chucking and decluttering, I am no longer accumulating. Are you finding the same?

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 16, 2011
5:58 AM

Post #8313103

I`m trying not to !!! but when it comes to garden art ,I buy at Garage sales.the dH is very frugal,and so I find myself not buying even things we could use!! I just suggested buying a paper shredder so we could add shredded paper to the compost tumbler and the pile if need be.Well it went over like a lead Balloon,I should have kept it to myself...LOL I knew better...Geez might have spent 20-30 bucks...Ive decided this year I will be shopping alone more often,We have been out of light bulbs for weeks now,I keep asking for one !!!! He is the keeper of light bulbs ,cant have extras..oH mY..LOL
I`m going to swear off GA for a while tho need to finish repainting pieces i have,reworking birdhouses. I dont collect Depression glass or baskets anymore,i decided a few years ago Less is Definitly More when you have a small house with 3 closets.now I collect hundreds of digital photos !!!LOL.. I can hide those...
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 16, 2011
1:38 PM

Post #8313792

Put an old TV stand, a nightstand, and a box of odds and ends outside with the free just take sign on them. Hopefully they will soon be gone! Put a file cabinet and vacuum out there Friday and both went quickly. I living on a street with a lot of pedestrian traffic.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2011
1:51 PM

Post #8313815

Anything with metal goes really fast around here.

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 16, 2011
4:25 PM

Post #8314029

I got a nice Pet Taxi carrier that way!

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2011
4:27 PM

Post #8314034

thumbs up.

I chucked my diet plans into the recycle bin. It will stay there for another week.

huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 16, 2011
7:18 PM

Post #8314329

LOL, Mrs Ed! My diet plans (called "Lifestyle Change") are taking all my spare time to adjust to, though I have been gradually making changes for 3 yrs now. Have lost 13lbs in that time, so it is working. Like a glacier, I expect to emerge looking as gorgeous as Yosemite Valley.
Went thru the hat bin last night and parted with a knitted cap and 2 hats.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 17, 2011
4:19 AM

Post #8314635

too funny huck,yosemite,absolutly beautiful tho.

I emptied 2 storage tubs long shallow ones,moved wrapping paper to a dresser drawer,rearranged a deeper tub to accomodate the the greenery from 1 tub.Tossed some crummy stuff.

always trying to chuck a few #s here too,was on a bread and butter kick OOHH so bad ,DH seems to think BB is a veggie..LOL
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 17, 2011
9:38 AM

Post #8315219

Had this cabinet thing sitting on the back of my toilet for years. In theory it was to mount on the wall. There was a toilet paperroll holder at each end and the center opened and you could store toilet paper in it. There was also a space for a small box of tissues. Anyway, there was never room for it on the wall and so it has sat on the back of the tank. Finally decided this is stupid and have put it out with the just take stuff. I am actually surprised, the other items are still there, but I have a could bags of stuff to take to the thrift shop this week, so if the other stuff is still there I will take it along.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 17, 2011
10:28 AM

Post #8315347

Just packed up a trash bag full of Boyd Bears and a few others to take to work. I spoke with the head of the employee's committee and she feels they would do well as a silent auction fund raiser in time for Valentine's Day. I had no idea how many I had that I don't even know where they canme from. I am keeping quite a few, but it is easy to let all these go. Now you actually be able to see the ones I have. The curio cabinet was so stuffed you really could enjoy them.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 17, 2011
8:58 PM

Post #8316383

Good going. I have so many items like the toilet paper storer that don't really work. You gave me something to think about.

Started cleaning up the wellhouse where I store all kinds of stuff. Found the old junk bucket, a plastic pail I used to have in the laundry room to put the contents of pockets in. I attempted to deal with this a year ago, and could not get up the gumption to do it. Today, I felt perfectly capable of trashing and/or finding the proper place for the odds and ends. No big deal.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 18, 2011
4:35 AM

Post #8316647

good work girls,every little bit helps
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 18, 2011
8:06 PM

Post #8318205

Donated 2 magazines to library today.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 18, 2011
8:22 PM

Post #8318219

2 bags to thrift shop today! Somebody took all the free items I put outside! Score 100% for today!
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 18, 2011
8:38 PM

Post #8318236

Woo Hoo!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 19, 2011
1:03 AM

Post #8318398

Good work!

I chucked more old photographs and negatives and put another empty album into the box for the animal op shop.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 19, 2011
3:19 AM

Post #8318427

Great work again,i need to do the photo thing,we have the steamer trunk full of albums an photos.The same thing here I want to dump them before someone else has too.
I did get all my digital ones dumped,100s of them
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 19, 2011
7:59 PM

Post #8319866

Good for you both. I need to tackle photos, but am putting it off til I am done with bigger, more annoying clutter. I have confidence my heirs will have no problem chucking and/or deleting my meaningless photos, and hopefully, they will get a kick out of the memories. I have lots of photos of deceased pets and plants...I'm sure those will be the first to go! ;-)

Put a baggy top on the out pile. It had loose sleeves that always got wet when I brushed my teeth, etc. Out you go, annoying top!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 20, 2011
9:10 AM

Post #8320480

We have a couple that lives out here & they volunteer at a homeless shelter in Indianapolis. They have put a collection box for new & gently used adult clothing at the Club House. I managed to get a few things together including a coat that I bought 2 years ago and still had the tags on it. Felt good to get it out of my house and somewhere it will do some good!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 20, 2011
1:46 PM

Post #8320952

that is nice nanny,My sil runs the Lighthouse womans shelter here in town and ive donated things like that.They got my artificial christmas tree this year.They needed one,glad we still had it.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 20, 2011
8:56 PM

Post #8321636

I had several of the gift mugs I made for Christmas left over. Some of you might remember, I made them for my staff and each mug contained hot cocoa, lip balm, a candy cane, and a small bag of homemade marshmellows. Last night I offered them to the 11-7 shift staff (I supervise the 3-11 crew). They were thrilled to take them and tonight when I went in there was a thank-you card from them on my desk. Decluttered and brownie points! Can't beat that.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 21, 2011
3:53 AM

Post #8321772

AWWW ,see paying it forward..nice
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 21, 2011
10:51 AM

Post #8322500

Hubby purchased yet another can openner today because he can't find the other(s)! I have an electric one but I am the only one who likes it. Daughter and hubby use the hand one. Instad of looking for it, let's buy another! Isn't that how I ended up here in the first place? Can I throw out daughter and hubby as my daily chuck?

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 21, 2011
3:46 PM

Post #8322997

LOL!!!!

We tossed the electric one a few months ago. DH could never work it. So we have 2 manual ones and I keep them right in front in the silverware drawer so he can find them.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 21, 2011
9:29 PM

Post #8323541

Put them on the curb with "Free to Good Home" signs. They can take the new can opener with them! Or not.

Went thru the after-Christmas cards, thank-you notes and Birthday cards. Said "thanks again" to the senders and put most on the fire. I save some for possible scrapbooking material.

Hubby gave 6 pair of pants the heave-ho.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 22, 2011
3:52 AM

Post #8323646

[quote="huckleberry6"]Put them on the curb with "Free to Good Home" signs. They can take the new can opener with them! Or not.

Too funny,great work
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 22, 2011
7:46 AM

Post #8324025

I'd try it huck, but I suspect they may be harder to get rid of then the VHS tapes were.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 22, 2011
8:04 AM

Post #8324058

haha
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 24, 2011
8:32 PM

Post #8328800

On the 12th day of decluttering, my house revealed to me, 12 rolls of scotch tape, 11 pairs of scissors, 10 bic lighters, 9 packs of pen, 8 cans of tomatoes, 7 beat-up purse, 6 screw drivers, 5 tape measures, 4 flashlights, 3 tacky knickknacks, 2 broken phones, and a empty corner where it all use to be!
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

January 24, 2011
8:40 PM

Post #8328809

HAAAAA! Too funny. Well done

WormsLovSharon
Las Vegas, NV

January 24, 2011
11:00 PM

Post #8328908

That was really funny. I have a scissors thieves hiding in my attic. I keep buying scissors and I still cannot find them. I have a couple tied on long string so they cannot be moved from that spot. I have de-cluttered many spaces and only found a few scissors.

Have a great day tomorrow. I will not be on u til you all are in bed.

Later friends, Sharon.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 25, 2011

Post #8328981

Yes very well done and very cute nurse ,sense of humor a very important part of LIFE !!!!! Id be nuts without mine !!!!

Sharon ahh sissor gremlins better watch your back,tehe.. Dont you hate that look everywhere,2 days later they are outside ????? hhmmm
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 25, 2011
8:20 PM

Post #8330598

Last week I donated 19 stuffed bears to the employee's committee at work. They are selling them at a silent auction. Presently the bids are up to about $150. I hope they raise over $200. Final day is Feb 2nd and the bidding always gets a little crazy in the end, so we should reach that. It's great to have them out of my house and see them raiseing money for a good cause.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 25, 2011
10:02 PM

Post #8330685

Love the poem, Nurse!! ;-) I'm going to see how many multiples my true love has given me. 4 meat thermometers, 3 volleyballs, 2 comforters, and an ink cartridge in a pear can.

I went thru my outdoors stash of bad lumber and trellises (trelli?) and managed to get 2 wheelbarrows full of firewood out of them. Will feel cozy when the weather gets freezing again.
Took 3 bags of clothing to a new consignment shop, but they were closed for a personal emergency. I will try again.
JuneyBug
Dover AFB, DE
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2011
10:14 PM

Post #8330691

LOL! What a great poem!
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2011
8:31 AM

Post #8331265

nurseatnite I love your song, too and would like to pass it on and perhaps write my own version/ Wanted to ask your permission first...What do you think? Do you want to be referenced as the originator/inspiration ?
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 26, 2011
8:23 PM

Post #8332578

broke up more trellises into firewood. they were really rotten.

went thru the address labels and got rid of all the ones i didn't like.

time to replace the toothbrush. didn't save this one as i have several old ones for little scrubbrushes already.
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 26, 2011
8:32 PM

Post #8332590

coleup, you are welcome to any or all of my song. I just felt the need to amuse us all when I came up with it. Glad everyone enjoyed it.
huckleberry6
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 28, 2011
6:54 PM

Post #8336043

my poem for today: i chucked a truck for 500 bucks.

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 29, 2011
4:03 AM

Post #8336372

LOL... LOL.. YEA ..Good One ... SIL and grandsons coming over to cut wood, so they will be Chuckin some wood !!! And I dont have to help...whatt...YES...We have a lot of standing dead wood and a lot of big downed trees..soo glad they took out the gas log and started burning wood in the fireplace..And sil has a 4wheel drive truck so he can get in and out the field and or up and down the big hill,this is going to be great...yea I better go get food...Fridge is empty,boys are always hungry. Started another good will bag

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2011
5:52 AM

Post #8336455

Send them to my house when you are done!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

January 31, 2011
8:29 PM

Post #8341879

In an effort to rid my house of unhealthy food before I start my big declutter, I have eaten the last of the cupcakes and am planning on rinsing them down with the last of the wine.

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
5:24 AM

Post #8342254

Hey congratulations! Brilliant!

I went through the silverware drawer and threw out a bunch of plastic ware, straws and other junk.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2011

Post #8342257

Excellent ,and way cute !!! I tell ya sense of Humor,wonderful...
coleup
annapolis, MD
(Zone 7b)

February 1, 2011
8:48 AM

Post #8342640

Here is what someone on my paper route did with excess clutter. Enjoy, Judy

Thumbnail by coleup

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2011
9:00 AM

Post #8342679

oMG that is too cute ,I should do that next to my Toilet planter out by the road !!!
nurseatnite
Middletown, PA

February 1, 2011
11:01 AM

Post #8343059

That is too cute!

nanny_56

nanny_56
Putnam County, IN
(Zone 5b)

February 1, 2011
11:53 AM

Post #8343179

nurseatnite wrote:In an effort to rid my house of unhealthy food before I start my big declutter, I have eaten the last of the cupcakes and am planning on rinsing them down with the last of the wine.

Love it!! lol

Mrs_Ed

Mrs_Ed
Whiteside County, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2011
3:28 PM

Post #8343664

Someone please start the next thread please. This one is a bit long.
MargaretK
PERTH
Australia

February 2, 2011
5:25 AM

Post #8344527

I'll start a new one. Here's the link. Come on over. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1152845/

This message was edited Feb 2, 2011 8:29 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Clean and Clutter-free Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Anyone enjoy TLC's "Clean Sweep"? gardenwife 22 Jun 24, 2008 12:44 AM
Favorite bathroom cleaner? Terry 79 Nov 9, 2013 2:05 AM
Do you do this? Terry 11 Sep 22, 2009 5:16 AM
Dog Slobber levilyla 24 Nov 4, 2012 3:33 PM
Vacuums Yuska 99 Jan 5, 2011 9:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America