Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

2010 Daily CHUCK-le Vol.5

Putnam County, IN(Zone 5b)

We came from here... http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1126959/#new

Well today is the 1st of December! Where did the year go??? And it is Wednesday, so trash day here. I have started to put out a few decorations out for Christmas. So this morning I pulled one box of decorations out of closet and went thru it. I was able to toss a number of items into the trash! Stuf that neither I nor our daughter wants...so out it went! lol

This message was edited Dec 1, 2010 1:46 PM

Thumbnail by nanny_56
Monson, MA

We are all realizing how easier it is to get along with less...did get rid of 2 totes of Christmas items...family picked through it then friends then rest to donation...sure feels good not to lug those totes around!

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Way to go, my lady! I threw away a bra I have never really liked. It fit well but had itchy lace. I put up with the itch because it fit so well. Now, I have raised my standards. Things must fit well, look good and be annoyance-free!

This message was edited Dec 3, 2010 5:44 AM

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Bill-paying day, so burned receipts and other papers.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

Nice work lady,i cleaned out part of my desk drawers,brother called need to clean the spare room ,he will be spending a few nites ,and its a bomb room all my christmas tubs and sewing and crafts,I know what I will be doin saturday.....

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Oh I agree with you!!! I just hate an uncomfy bra...

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I threw out some rotten veggies (then went to the store and bought more--not rotten though. LOL)

Got rid of an old video camera after I transferred my home movies to DVD. Cleared out some craft stuff. Have a bag of clothes and spices I'll never use to Freecycle. Also trashed Monopoly money and cards which I had saved to use in scrapbooking.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the photo, Hugger! Nice to know I'm not alone in the messy guest room club. You will get it clean!

Today I recycled some bottles I was going to save at first.

Dover AFB, DE(Zone 7a)

I sent a 6" stack of magazines to a waiting room for foreigners at the local hospital. I am glad to be rid of them and I didn't send them to a landfill!

Thats great Juney, I take National Geographic to the nursing home..Big brother coming home this Friday,wheew I have time to get it sorted out...

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I am doing three drawers in the kitchen today or tomorrow. Catch all full of nothing. Did all three about 6 months ago and they are back in same shape. I also plan on some work min the garage and some gardening. Temperature is going to be 65 and sunny. Landscapers were here yesterday and cut back all the cannas. That is one job I am glad they can do. But now I need to dig some up, thin out and then also move some irises and rain lilies. But I think our freezing is done so I should have plenty of time. Just have to put up with the wind in January and February.

Wish me luck today. Thanks friends, Sharon.

Dang enjoy your 65 degress it is a balmy 30 degrees with light flurries ,very pretty and cold ..But its ok birds are out feeding in force,very peaceful and wintery.Iam going get busy and clean out the curio cabinet ,its bad,Ill do before and after

This message was edited Dec 4, 2010 11:11 AM

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I actually had a hummingbird buss me yesterday. The quail are still coming by and some small yellow birds but the majority are gone. Had a beautiful song bird Wednesday but could not see it. It was in a tree behind us i the greenbelt. I had put out a new suet block so I think the bird was saying thank you. Anyway, I stopped what I was doing and enjoyed the music. And thanked God for the bird and the song. .

Middletown, PA

Husband and daughter are negating most my decluttering efforts. I just cleaned off the bookcase, and shoved the box of books out the door with a free sign on it. I hopebody takes at least some of them. I guess I will need to bring them back in for the night, but I am afraid if hubby and daughter see them, they will declare that they need them.

LOL,I do that for my neibor..She has the same problem. I ended up making snowmen today...I can get them in the mail Monday...yay

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Oh how cute!!

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Well, should not have depended on the weather man. Cloudy all day and rain in the atmosphere but did not hit the ground. Was not cold, just looked old. So I spent the majority of the day in the house doing a whole bunch of nothing. There is always tomorrow.

I just saw the weather report and the jet stream as moved south pulling down cold air. The South is going to get cold. The North is already cold. Stay safe and warm friends. Sharon.

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Wow, Hugger, what a gorgeous Cardinal and friends! I lived in Ohio for 2 yrs and almost drove off the road the first time I saw a cardinal in a bare tree. I started the black sunflower feeding today. We have no acorns this year. Neighbor had a bear cub on his deck yesterday. I expect to see more. I hope the wildlife will make it thru this winter.
Snowmen are charming. Are the bodies gym socks? I have a drawer full of holey ones for rags.

Good work, Sharon. Nurse, I have been in your shoes. Hard to declutter amongst clutterers.

Today I put a top and DH put a sweater on the OUT pile.

This message was edited Dec 10, 2010 5:03 AM

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Everyone is doing so well. Perfect time to give away what someone else will love.

We have no walnuts this year ,but we have a bumper crop of acorns.We just set up a feeder and suet and heated birdbath on the westside of the house,I got lucky yesterday with the photo of the Cardinal and purple finch and was it a junco or chickadee ?

Huck,I came home from work 1 day ,we have 17 steps down to the house,im walking down the steps and I realize down in the wetlands there are 20 or more cardnials,it was a beautiful sight,the ground was snow covered ,the birds were scattered about in the thicket brush,red dots everywhere..Then I scared them off ..Didnt mean to LOL

snowmen made out of tube socks and rice...Hats made of ankle socks

PERTH, Australia

Tamara, your snowmen are really cute.

Remind me to chuck out a carton of cream that expired back in ......ber, will you?

Margaret,You remind me too,I have a carton of heavy cream that will most likly go bad..Then I ll find it..eww LOL Thanks on the snowmen they are cute and fun to make.That reminds me Cvillegardner,made some framed christmas trees made of old jewelry,they are beautiful.Made me think of the old jewlery you donated a while back !!! Hind sight always 20/20 wishing I had all my old stuff too !!! Didnt even think it could be art someday !!! LOL

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Today I breezed thru the Sunday paper, Christmas ads and all. I didn't give one hoot about what was for sale. Bad for the economy, good for my freedom.

i did the same, to much .....LOL

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I chucked a bunch yesterday! My sister was here from TN. I sent her home with some things to consign for me in her consignment shop. I also gave her a bunch of stuff I had piled in the guest room. She left here with an full carload of stuff I'll never have to deal with again. We cleaned out so much in the guest room that we were able to move the cabinets in the home gym into the guest room so I could actually use my home gym. I'm sooooo thrilled!!

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I give things to my consignment lady too. She is just as nice as any charity and she donates things to the women's crisis center.
Today I made a raspberry pie using a pre-made crust that had cluttered the freezer long enough. The raspberries were from the garden and frozen as well. The way I make it is not too fattening. And why just save it for company?

wow great for you ,soo does that mean I could possibly find room to get the malibu pilates chair out of the closet if i declutter the spare bedroom ??? I need to get it cleaned up this week ,big brother is coming home..I have rasberries in the freezer too..

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

Don't forget to take your "after" photo of your clean guest room, Hugger!

Today's toss was a box of Christmas cards. They were odds and ends from previous years. We did not toss them, we mailed them.

i will do that ,thinking rasberry pie now ...LOL i show the pitch pile too !!! I did that too mismatched stuff

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

I think your bro is on his way, Hugger. ;-)
DH and I ate 1/2 of the pie. I froze the rest to eat later. Trying to be good. :-.(...
Yesterday I gathered up and washed worn washcloths, towels and old holey woolen blanket to add to a modest check as a gift for the animal shelter. Old flannel pillowcases and sheets too. This is a win-win situation. =^..^=

Whiteside County, IL(Zone 5a)

I offered on Freecycle a bunch of packing material. Bubble wrap, packing peanuts, boxes, etc. No takers yet. This is an odd freecycle group in my area. Lots of asking for stuff, not as much offering. I'm not sure how many people are paying attention any more to it!

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Mrs. Ed, our Freecycle is the same. The things people ask for amaze me--a laptop, a car, Christmas gifts for our kids, a house, etc. Just about anything I offer is taken immediately--except packing supplies. ONce in a while, someone is moving and will want them. But often, I end putting them in the trash.

OH i wish you were closer ,my friend sells on eBay,I collect and save all packing materials for her,boxes too. We clean offices and do trash and recycling for them.so I have a great source,and if she has enough we recycle as much as possible.

before shot of guest room

Thumbnail by huggergirl

after...big brother made it here too,only to have to leave a day early Because of the Big storm thats on its way..He has to drive 100 miles south to Indy to catch his flight tomorrow at 4pm,forcast is grimmm for long travel .he will be leaving this afternoon . he will stay with an old collage buddy in Indy.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

this was the really messy house before

Thumbnail by huggergirl

before

Thumbnail by huggergirl

After,so now if I can keep it this way...Did straighten out 2 closets also ,only had to recycle a few small boxes.Yay next are those christmas tubs.....

Thumbnail by huggergirl
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

WOW, great job and a whole bunch of hard work. Good for you. But it is like losing weight. Easy to lose, hard to keep off. Godm bless you.....Sharon in Las Vegas.

We went and bought one of those nice Kitchen Aid stand mixers yesterday so had to make room in a cabinet for it. So several glass vases that I never use are boxed up to go now!

Eagle Point, OR(Zone 8a)

WOW! Hugger, that is Fabulous! Great job and you are all ready to sit back and enjoy it, I hope. Did I spy snow outside the windows?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.