Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

African Violets and Gesneriads: strep cyanandrus

Communities > Forums > African Violets and Gesneriads
bookmark
Forum: African Violets and GesneriadsReplies: 5, Views: 55
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2010
6:45 AM

Post #8240578

Hi All;
Not to long ago i did a swap with someone who sent me this plant & can not for the life of me remember who it was.I am sure it came from here on dg. If anyone remembers sending me this strep would you please let me know who you are, i would love to get additional info about this little baby. thanks
bonnie

Thumbnail by mrsbonnie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

jannich
Andalusia, AL
(Zone 8b)

December 2, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #8240641

Hi Bonnie,Isn't it the custest little strep? I love it.Could you have gotten it from Brenda (bmedel)? She was growing it.But I haven't seen her around in a long time.

Jan
mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #8240659

Hi Jan;
I will check my email to see if i got any from her. I love it.but wanted to know how long it took to get from seed.thanks
bonnie
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2010
8:05 AM

Post #8240660

Bonnie: That is a cutie for sure! I love Strep's but they never seemed to like it here in my house and never survive long.

mrsbonnie
Ottawa, IL
(Zone 9a)

December 2, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #8240668

yes it's adorable, has to be grown in a terrium. this is a mini.I did check to see it it was bmedel, & can not find any emails from here & did not remember sending her anything, so i don't think it was her.
bonnie
plantladylin
South Daytona, FL
(Zone 9b)

December 2, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #8240682

A terrarium? Gee, someone told me that Strep's required cooler temp's and that was probably why they didn't do well for me (our thermostat stays at @ 74 year round.) I would have never thought a Strep would survive the heat and humidity of a terrarium.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other African Violets and Gesneriads Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My Brag of the Day... MsCritterkeeper 17 Jun 6, 2007 2:14 PM
advice on TRAILERS from Violet Gallery critterologist 57 Feb 5, 2010 9:56 PM
test thread for sticky, never mind me begoniacrazii 90 Apr 11, 2011 3:40 PM
All Other Gesneriad Care & Related Links begoniacrazii 2 Apr 11, 2011 3:15 PM
Streptocarpus seedling progress Keyring 127 Jun 9, 2007 2:52 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America