Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Christmas Holiday 3-Item Swap Part 7

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 357, Views: 2,077
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
4:39 AM

Post #8246395

SECRET PARTNERS HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED AND THIS EXCHANGE IS CLOSED FOR NEW PARTICIPANTS.
IF YOU MISSED THIS YEAR'S, WE HOPE YOU'LL JOIN US NEXT YEAR.

Here's the link to our previous thread: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1142764/
Rules couldn't be simpler. You may include more than 3 items, but the ones you're asked to include are:

1) One Ornament (homemade, hand-decorated, or store bought).

2) A handwritten or printed recipe for a favorite Holiday dish. You may state your preference for a cake recipe, one for cookies or fudge, a casserole, or whatever you prefer. Try to respect your Buddy's culinary skills and tastes.. It's important for you to let us know when you sign up if you're diabetic or have any food allergies and what they are.

3) A small garden-related item with a Holiday/Christmas / New Year's tie-in would be welcomed if you can add one. It can be bought or homemade, gardening gloves, seeds, magnets, small painted rock, note cards, recipe cards -- use your imagination with whatever strikes your fancy.

Try to keep the value of your package around $20. Be as creative as you can, and most of all... have fun. :-)

If at all possible, please Priority Mail your package by Wednesday, December 1st.
ALL packages should have been mailed no later than Wednesday, December 15th.
rvnsbrk / Neener and I are your co-hostesses. Please D-mail the Delivery Confirmation number you use to the one who assigned your partner.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MY FRIENDS

This message was edited Dec 6, 2010 7:40 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
4:44 AM

Post #8246401

Good Morning and let the chat begin!!

We seem to have a couple of missing participants. Please check in Yolie and renatelynn. Your buddies are anxiously awaiting your response to their gifts.

Thanks to all who have done their best and made it happen.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
4:51 AM

Post #8246406

Is that a recent picture up there?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2010
5:35 AM

Post #8246460

We are snow covered ...Lake effect snow sunday made a mess of things,a semi allmost jacknifed in front of us,he was sliding almost sideways ,we were sliding taking the other lane, semi regained control ,we did too all was well...In the city the streets were a sheet of packed snow,smooth and slick..at 2:00 in the afternoon,they had shut down I 69 northbound,pile up...The first snow always has awful results..There were no injuries to speak of in the pile up.It was snowing so hard you couldnt see..Only lasted 1 hr,what a mess !!! Id hate to live in the city in winter oh my trying to stop and go in a car /?? We have all wheel drive it helps in snow not on ice !!! Ft. Wayne got more snow than we did at home.They are calling for more lake effect today,its weird getting LE snow here,it normally dosent get this far

Thumbnail by huggergirl

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2010
6:28 AM

Post #8246547

And here I was complaining about getting to 30 last night. I'm trying to salvage tomatoes for this month so they will continue to get ripe. I feel y'all's pain, we lived in Pittsburgh, PA for several years and although the snow was usually after Christmas, it could get bad on occasion.
A friend sent this around, I had seen it years ago, but it is amazing that modern technology can have such a history behind it.

http://greyhorsematters.blogspot.com/2010/11/fridays-funnies.html

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 6, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #8246567

i really dont mind winter .I do like snow,it covers all the grey and drab up !!! Just glad we live in the country,not a lot of in a hurry drivers. LOL

that story about the horses a## is priceless..I need to get my new printer hooked up ,want to print that off..LOL

It`s 16 degrees going to a cold 1 today,Iam off to work...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 6, 2010
6:45 AM

Post #8246578

Blizzard going on here, hope boss let's us off early!

Left about 1 hr. earlier than usual so by the time I did my hour drive in I had time to hit the bank AND have coffee at Timmy's..now I sit and watch the storm get worse..
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #8246681

Happy Birthday, Dear Mittsy! May you have a beautiful day and year to come :)

=======================
Thought I'd bring our list over.

Bettypauze / Betty -- Elf delivered
careyana / Carey -- Elf delivered
catbirdsue / Cathy -- Elf delivered waiting for post & pics
cjcjmass / Cindy -- Elf delivered
ClanCampbell / Chris -- Elf delivered
Crit / Patti -- Elf delivered
Cville_Gardener / Carole -- Elf delivered

deejay9 / Susie -- Elf delivered, waiting for post & pics
froggies_girl / Julie -- Elf delivered
FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- Elf delivered
heavenscape / Jaye -- Elf delivered
happgarden / Joyce -- Elf delivered
huggergirl / Tamara -- Elf delivered
janaestone / Di -- Elf delivered
MaggieHanson / Maggie -- Elf delivered

merrymath / Mary -- Elf delivered
Mittsy -- Elf delivered
Quilter5bdsr / Barb -- Elf delivered
renatelynne / Renate -- Elf delivered, waiting for post and pics
Robynznest / Robin -- Elf delivered
rouxcrew / Joy -- Elf delivered
rvnsbrk / Neener -- Elf delivered
sissy70 / Judy -- Elf delivered

taters55 / Linda Kay -- Elf delivered
the1pony / Pony -- Elf delivered

Yolie / Yolanda -- Elf delivered, waiting for post & pics

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010 8:40 PM

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
8:24 AM

Post #8246778

Happy Birthday Mittsy ^_^

Wish there's a sad emoticon.

I've not heard from my swap buddy and according to DC, she had received her box last week.
My best guess in a positive light, is that maybe she's busy.. or the address is wrong?
I'd wish you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
8:33 AM

Post #8246794

Happy Birthday, Mittsy! Enjoy your day and stay warm!!! ^_^

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 6, 2010
8:41 AM

Post #8246805

Adding Happy Birthday along with those before me Mittsy..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
9:09 AM

Post #8246858

Happy Happy Birthday Mittsy!!!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010

Post #8246859

Shucks Fruity.. I knew I'd screw it up. :))

Carole that is a picture from last winter. Don't even think it for this year OK?

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #8247136

Happy Birthday Mittsy, hope it is a wonderful one for you.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 6, 2010
2:06 PM

Post #8247308

According to my tracking number, my buddy's gift was delivered on Dec 3 but I've yet to see her post.
I hope she liked what I sent...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #8247429

Barb and Jaye, I'm so sorry they haven't been able to show their appreciation for your gifts yet. Having been the recipient from each of you in past swaps, it's obvious from first-hand experience how each of you goes out of your way to please.

Those we haven't heard from in a while have previously been contacted privately by either Neener or myself. Good news is catbirdsue sent me a note this week-end that she's back home from a hospital stay and hopes to join the chat soon and show off her gifts.

It would be a shame to lose any Elves at this late date. FINAL Priority Mail out day is Wednesday, December 15th. Complete rules and guidelines are always found in the top post.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2010
5:01 PM

Post #8247555

Hey Lookie what I got!!!!!! Robynznest sent me some really cool things. In the first picture, there is a kneeling pad, Maizie was dragging it around this morning. Some plant markers; ok who told her that I am really bad about marking my plants???? A dandilion popper, and two packs of seed from Vietnam. I wonder if they will grow with an accent?
She sent me a cute little stocking with gingerbread earrings and a pin, and a homemade angel as well as a birdhouse and snowman for my tree. (Which is up with no ornaments to see if Maizie will leave it alone). There is also a little honey suckle candle but most importantly, a package of water minders! I broke my moisture meter the other day and am having trouble finding another. My transplants are suffering but with these little doodads, I am in good shape. Where did you get them???

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 6, 2010
5:11 PM

Post #8247569

Here is my second picture, I cannot believe that she got all this into such a small box! I got four lovely place mats and a two handed pot holder. Also she gave me some cookie cutter ornaments for my tree! Now I have a jump start on a safe tree for Maizie this year.
Oh and my recipes, I got three sweet ones, a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, a gooey chocolate fudgy cookie, and an easy peanut butter fudge. I will be making the fudge and cookies tomorrow to go in my goodie bags for my students. Thanks so much Robin, I am glad you were my buddy!

Joy

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #8247624

"Two packs of seed from Vietnam. I wonder if they will grow with an accent?" You're a hoot, Joy, and always entertain us your quick sense of humor. Did your box have a wild ride or what? Robin has a penchant for packing with a punch too and especially like those placemats. They'll fit right in on the farm, huh? Come on over and share some of your recipes for relishes, conserves, and tried and true favorites over here...whatever you feel like. I wanna see Robin's too. Does it get any better than ooey gooey chocolate, and the easier the better in my case.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1144084/

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 6, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8247693

Glad you liked it all, when you said old timey and you live on the farm I knew you would go for the rustic look on the cookie cutter ornaments. Stuffing the box was easy, finding a box was the hard part. Not sure if the plants will have an accent but you might need to get a language translation book.

I'll jump over and post recipes tomorrow.It's been a rough couple of days, There was a triple homicide took place Thurs. night less than a half mile from me. They got the guy last night, The whole town has been on edge. Everyone has been afraid to leave their houses. No sleep for the past couple of nights. Turns out the shooter just got out of prison in Feb. after serving 30 years for manslaughter. He was going to shoot the one guy because he was friends and former lover of his now girlfriend. The other 2 people were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 6, 2010
6:54 PM

Post #8247747

What an awful tragedy, Robin. That close I'd still be shaking. My heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones. Wouldn't it be great to go back to the days when we didn't think about locking our doors or worrying about a lunatic on the lose?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
2:45 AM

Post #8248041

Wow, Joy, what a haul! Those are all so interesting and useful. Robin hit the nail on the head for you for sure.

Robin, how awful. Is it a small town?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2010
3:42 AM

Post #8248064

Great box of goodies there. Cant wait to hear how the cheese cake recipe is ..yumm aND P_NutButter fudge might need that recipe...Iam soo glad I jumped in,Thanks to whom ever directed me back to the swaps and trades...This has been a ton of fun . Cant wait till the next swap...

Carole GW 1/2 off sale here fri and sat...No I have not built a stack yet ,Ive got to do that !!!geeze what a procrastinator Iam ...I did make 4 snowmen though ...are you in the deep freeze today ??saw the weather map and thought oh carole is as cold as Iam...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
3:47 AM

Post #8248069

I believe it was I, Tam, and I'm so glad you are back in the swaps!!! ^_^

Yes, we're in the deep freeze. I can't see the thermometer but it's in the teens somewhere. Crud. We've had a little snow twice but not enough to stick. It's warmer when it snows sometimes. And we're having work done on the house to boot. But who knew it would be this unseasonably cold??? Not I. Supposed to warm back up to "normal" heading into the weekend and then another cold blast. Disgusting. Can you tell I dont like cold weather very much??
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 7, 2010
4:17 AM

Post #8248092

well I thought you were a bit colder than your norm,as we are too ...and to put icing on the cake ,yesterday I left my headlights on while at work it was 1 degree with wind chill and snow...Had to figure out how to get help...DHs car will not move in snow at all...Called the neighbor , DH walked over and borrowed their Yukon,TG...
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
5:23 AM

Post #8248160

Great box of goodies there Joy. Ditto what Fruitcake said. You are a hoot! :0)

I have not gotten any response from the folks I've reached out to that are missing. Hopefully they will show up soon. I guess we all have different priorites, but it only takes a second to let someone know if you are here or not.

Sorry to be a mensch. Not in a really great mood lately. I've been lurking around, but not saying much since I don't want to be a downer to the festivities. Bear with me please. :0)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
6:15 AM

Post #8248211

You're fine, Neener, we all have our times.

Ms. Nag is about to unload here ...
I very much agree that it only takes a few minutes to return a Dmail. How hard can it be?? Use a friend's or a public one if yours is broken. If something has come up and someone just can't complete the swap, then have the courtesy to let the hostess know. I know people have issues arise with health emergencies, computers, family, holiday travel, and so forth. We all can have those and often do. My suggestion is to get a box together as soon as possible after you get your name and get it mailed while you can. If you are prone to being MIA, please don't even bother to sign up. True that it's "only a swap", but it is something many of us look forward to, take seriously, put time, effort and thought into ... and it seems so unfair when people send and don't receive. Now being a public forum, we take that chance. People may even sign up to get a nice box and then don't reciprocate. My, my ... aren't we all big girls (and boys) now and have outgrown childhood?? I believe it was Betty who said, "I have forgiven them but I won't forget". I agree. Another suggestion is when you sign up, start to get a box together. It may not match your partner's likes, but at least it is something that can be sent if you get into a pinch. Or send them a card with a gift certificate in it. At least Dmail them and let them know what's up. This is just not that difficult!!!!! And, of course, there is always the area where you leave feedback. I, for one, appreciate that!

Rant over ... for now. ^_^

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 7, 2010
6:45 AM

Post #8248257

Now that was a rant..nope not me who said your quote, but it was a good one..

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #8248282

Sorry, Betty, I guess I forgot who did say that. :(

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 7, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #8248320

I know I'm whining, but it was 28 here last night. I am a true born and bred Southern girl and anything below 60 is cold to me. It is supposed to be a little better tonight at 34! LOL

I love snow, but I've never had the chance to build a snowman or make a snow angel! Two things on my bucket list. I know I'll probably have to travel somewhere else to do it, but that's part of the bucket list- seeing and marveling in God's beauty!

Maggie, hope you're getting stonger and better!

love, julie

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 7, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #8248419

LOL well Julie, come make yourself at home up in my neck of the woods, some communities in my area got over 4' just yesterday..snowing like crazy right now, if the wind picks up it will be difficult driving home..
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
8:59 AM

Post #8248486

Thank you Carole for saying out loud what I have been muttering under my breath for weeks. :0) I couldn't have said it as well or more eloquently without much rancor at this point. DItto, Bingo and you nailed it right on the head. :0)
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
9:13 AM

Post #8248503

No-shows and slow-shows are the reason any swaps I host or co-host from now on will require participants to provide their email address, phone number, mailing address etc. in advance before becoming a participant.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
9:52 AM

Post #8248557

I don't blame you, Fruity. Money is spent on gifts and mailing ... sometimes quite a bit of money, and there needs to be some accountability somewhere. I personally know that several hostesses have sent swap boxes to make it up to the people whose "buddies" didn't follow thorough. Now that is costly and really a shame, IMHO. Uh oh, here I go again. Rant #2.

Another good idea someone mentioned was to have newbies (nothing against the newbies, we all start in that same category) or those who have flaked before send to their swap buddy first and then the buddy can reciprocate. They might not get anything but at least they won't be out a lot either.

merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 7, 2010
2:17 PM

Post #8248903

Gosh, I had a lot of reading to do ... somehow I must have done the unwatch tread thing ...UGH!

I am also experiencing cold weather ... low 30's during the day ... low 20's at night ... but we gonna warm up to the 40's for 3 days (Fri, Sat, Sun) ... Then it is gonna get a lot colder for some time ... 20's during the day and in the TEENs at night.

So glad I purchased this heater for my 2 car detatch garage ... where I will be preparing containers and tapala's 5-1-1 potting mix for winter sowing.

http://www.harborfreight.com/franklin-stove-electric-heater-91797.html

I used a 20% off coupon (can be found on line) and paid under $100 (inclunding sales tax)

I also have one in the living room .. nice and toasty in there.

Yesterday, while cleaning, I found a bunch of interesting recipes. I plan to post the one for Ricotta Cake. I can't wait to make it!

Very nice box Joy. I especially like the placemats ... and that snowman is adorable ... I also like those little watering minders.

Mary

This message was edited Dec 7, 2010 6:46 PM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 7, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #8248941

Joy I think I got the watering spikes at Dollar General or Family Dollar, one of the two.

December and I already hate the cold. We are going to have the same type weather here next week like you Mary. Think I'll bring up more firewood for the stove and the fireplace.

Everyone here still jittery, we are a small town of 102 everyone knows each or is related. It's just really sad. There were so many chances for this to be stopped but no one took the time to inform the sheriffs office, it might have been prevented. Makes me wonder what this land is going to be like when my DGD is out on her own. Scares me to death.

Anyway, on to a new and better day. As Tiny Tim says 'God bless us, one and all'

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 7, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #8248945

Nice stove but I Don't think it would be much good here for us if the electic goes out for we do not have a generator . I just use our gas stove to heat the house I have to just make sure i have matches on hand :)
to light the pilots :) Not sure what I Would do without the gas stove guess we would go hungry if we couldn't cook :) I Just Hope our power dose not go out .

well off to get my dishes done for the last time today :) you all have a great evening .
susie
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 7, 2010
2:45 PM

Post #8248946

So many, many great boxes everyone is receiving!! Yay to everyone who participated. I agree with everyone about no-shows. Everyone gets behind sometimes because life happens (look at me with the Oct bdays in the bday club) but it only takes a minute or two to say..whoops, sorry, I'm really late..or trying to catch back up ,..or sickness in family...or anything. To join and then purposely not do anything about the swap is beyond me; I think that's just mean. 8 degrees here tonight, 11 right now...Brrrrrr...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 7, 2010
4:01 PM

Post #8249028

Blizzard going on as I type, wow, lots and lots of snow, willing to share, could box it up??? cheap to ship!!!

Think though that as a rule very few don't go through with the swap or make the deadline!

Smilling here, almost afraid to join a swap incase I'm late.. yikes..

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
4:11 PM

Post #8249048

Found the source of the quote ... one of my fave DGers over on the Cactus and Succulent Forum ... Hillbilly Gran.

This message was edited Dec 8, 2010 4:50 AM
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 7, 2010
6:50 PM

Post #8249206

So many of you have generously followed through sending your gifts, both veteran swappers and newcomers, and for that Neener and I are truly grateful that you willingly participated and have already brightened a fellow DG'ers Holiday and many more to come. Anyone who hasn't received gifts by December 20th will not be forgotten! The last thing I want to do is discourage anyone from participating in future swaps, whether I'm the hostess or co-hostess, just thought by having the extra info readily available would be helpful.

Let's all get back into the Christmas spirit! After all, isn't that why we're here? Feel free to post photos of your decorations, continue to chat, and post recipes here

the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

December 7, 2010
7:38 PM

Post #8249271

If anyone doesn't get a package, I'm sure many of us (myself included) would be happy to send a small item- if enough people do it, the ones who got left out will wind up with a full stocking. ;)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
2:53 AM

Post #8249609

So sorry. I tend to say what I think. I hope I didn't offend anyone. Also hope more people will join the swaps.

Happy Holidays all!!!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 8, 2010
7:06 AM

Post #8249878

Pony has a great Idea..Iam willing to help..

we are in the deep freeze here good 6-7 inches of snow more expected high of 20 low of 5 tonite.

i ll join you over in the new thread

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 8, 2010
7:20 AM

Post #8249904

Got a box sitting here as well, say the word and post office it shall be!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
7:41 AM

Post #8249943

I've offered before so I'll wait and see what happens.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2010
10:38 AM

Post #8250176

My DH just called me - he had been to the PO and he has two packages for me. He won't be home from work until 8pm or so but I'll let you know if one is for this swap!!!! Now I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!!!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #8250359

My box went out today, it should arrive by this week-end! Sorry it is late!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
1:02 PM

Post #8250369

It isn't late, LK ... latest requested mailing date is Dec. 15th. ^_^

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #8250387

Whew!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #8250417

LOL ... oh yeah.
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 8, 2010
3:38 PM

Post #8250634

I received my package today.

It contained a beautiful quilted holiday runner, a homemade christmas ball ornament, a pair of gardening gloves (never have enough gardening gloves), white chocolate covered pretzels (YUM), an adorable little felt handmade gift bag adorned with a santa, a handmade tissue box (blue with angels) and a cheese cake recipe that has a nut crust.

Thanks Mittsy

I will post the recipe when I have a little more time.

Mary

Thumbnail by merrymath

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #8250647

Mary, that runner is lovely ... a lot of homemade goodies there that are special and useful! Who was your buddy?

ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 8, 2010
3:52 PM

Post #8250657

I'm willing to send something too.. know how it is to be on the "not" receiving end :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #8250668

Excellent Mary!.. That Mittsy is the very best!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 8, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #8250674

Beautiful things Mary!

Has anyone heard from Maggie? Hope she's doing alright.

love, julie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
4:07 PM

Post #8250686

I don't know, Julie. I asked earlier today on another thread and it seemed no one had heard anything since she posted about being home from the hospital.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
4:38 PM

Post #8250730

Well, you can mark "Yolie" as a veteran swapper now!

Received a box all the way from Florida.. and wished she had packed some warmth!!!

It was truly a surprise, as she's also my assigned buddy! Had to ask Neener if she did the right thing... since our 'Miranda' there had almost made a boo boo in the RMB swap!!

Thank you Yolie. I do love all handcrafted gifts and I presume this beautiful ornamental bird cage is made by you?

The cardinal is sitting on cinnamon sticks. Lovely lace lined the ribs of the cage. I will have to hang it out of the 10 kitties' reach!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #8250735

Look at this pretty glass canister! Yolie wrote that she loves making potpourri.. and when you uncover it.. a minty chocolat scent wafts the air...

Thumbnail by heavenscape

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
4:47 PM

Post #8250744

She also included a lovely Christmas frame with these mini happy snowmen, a pair of Noelle candles and thank you too for the oven mitt set.. time for new ones!!
Not forgetting my love of playing in the dirt.. I got my FIRST garden claw from her!!!

My request for Chicken Pie recipe has been met. I'll try your recipe this weekend, as I made chicken and dumplings today, and have got lots of cooked chicken meat waiting in the freezer.

Thank you so much Yolie. God bless you and have a Joyous Christmas.. you can send me some of that Florida's warmth any day now!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2010
5:23 PM

Post #8250787

Great package Jaye!
Love that little birdcage!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
6:52 PM

Post #8250892

Very thoughtful gifts you two.
Barb, any luck one of those packages was for Christmas?

Your quilting is beautiful, Mittsy.

Thank you all so generously waiting in the wings to help but do believe we will end up well.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 8, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #8250939

Love the quilted runner and that Santa is too cute. Great gifts Mary.

Jaye, any time you want to get rid of the Snowmen send them my way. Too cute to be in NC they need to be here, where it's colder.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 8, 2010
7:54 PM

Post #8250967

Robin, from now on, when I see ANY snowmen, I'll be thinking and sending WARM thoughts to you!!!! (((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2010
2:27 AM

Post #8251260

Woohoo ... nice gifts!! On a roll! ^_^

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 9, 2010
4:53 AM

Post #8251337

I need the warmth, it hurts my RA really bad, but the cute snowmen warm me up. ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))) back to you.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2010
4:57 AM

Post #8251343

I Also will contribute If Needed Very nice boxes thank you all .

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2010
5:04 AM

Post #8251356

10 cats, Jaye?????
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2010
5:08 AM

Post #8251357

Yep Carole 10 cats for Jaye. A bunch of dogs as well. They are those warm hearted people who rescue all manner of critters in need. Her husband has a super big heart and can't let any little furbabies suffer, so he brings them home. Some are blind, some are sick, but they all get TLC from Jaye and Kel.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2010
5:13 AM

Post #8251362

That's wonderful!!! Good for them! ^_^ ^_^
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 9, 2010
5:34 AM

Post #8251383

that is wonderful.I Am feeding a Ferrel cat,think its staying under the shed ?? Or its the neighbors that don't neuter or feed them very well ..and they come and go here.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2010
6:04 AM

Post #8251415

Not yet - I did get two pkgs yesterday but one was my prize from the other building and the other was from the quilting swap. maybe today??? I still haven't heard from the gal I sent to. The tracking number said it was delivered on Dec 3 and now I'm worried about mail theft. There is a lot of it going on now...

This message was edited Dec 9, 2010 9:06 AM
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 9, 2010
10:29 AM

Post #8251861

Nice package there, Jaye! I'm going to try that chicken pie recipe this weekend probably - sounds yummy. I love my garden claw - it works very well on Ohio clay and getting out weeds - lol - what a combo! My cat passed away this past summer. We had her for 12 years and I do so miss her - she was a great cat. If I were closer I'd get one from Jaye to help out. Temps are going up here a bit, 30 today and 41 tomorrow but s*** this weekend. Much better than the 6 we got down to last night.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 9, 2010
12:04 PM

Post #8251959

Barb I've tried several times to get in touch with your buddy, but not having any luck getting a response. Let me see if I can track her down.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 9, 2010
12:15 PM

Post #8251977

Juanita - check your dmail...
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2010
3:57 AM

Post #8252847

[quote="froggies_girl"]Beautiful things Mary!

Has anyone heard from Maggie? Hope she's doing alright.

love, julie[/quote]

I'm here...just not as often as usual. I'm still pretty sore and I have a hard time lifting my right arm so I only do it when I have to...I have to lift it to use my computer. I have 5 incisions going up my rib cage under my arm and the top one is high. They had to stitch deep into breast tissue so it's very tight. If you've ever worn an underwire bra and couldn't wait to get home to rip it off because it was digging into your side, that's how my skin feels...only I can't rip it off.

I mailed your package yesterday. I'll d-mail the confirmation # to you and to Neener. I checked on overnight shipping, but the guy said $38. Holy moly! I couldn't do that. I'm sorry it's so late, Julie. I even had Keith bring a big bag of craft stuff to the hospital so I could work on it, but he had no clue what to pack. The nurse cracked up when my needle nose pliers fell on the floor. I had to explain..."look lady, I'm in a swap and this stuff is supposed to be mailed by the 1st!". These hospitals are going to lock me up in the psychiatric floor soon! When I went to have Learynn in September, I took my rock swap stuff so it wouldn't be late. Swaps are fun and it's important to me that I not make my buddy wait, so I'll make this up to you. I promise!

I need to charge my phone then I'll write more and check in on other threads.

Have a wonderful day!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
4:00 AM

Post #8252848

So great to hear from you, Maggie. ^_^
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
4:17 AM

Post #8252854

I forgot to do the delivery confirmation thingie ... but like I said earlier, a little birdie told me a package was on it's way to Neener. With all the Christmas mail he told me it should be there by the 14th. OK, ok ... I'm the odd ball... I like to divide the swap box and send more than one. ~slapping hand here~ bad newbie ... bad, bad newbie. I'll try to do better next time.

Yolie and heavenscape ... those handmade items are gorgeous!!!! I LOVE the little birdcage. So delicate.

No snow here. In the 50's, but...WHOOPZ... temps dropping to the 30's tomorrow afternoon!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2010
4:27 AM

Post #8252864

Good to know your safely at home with the family Maggie Hope you have plenty of help & Don't over do it .

I Have to apoligise to my partner for I Forgot to put in the recipe for the Bar's I Sent in the box . & I don't know the name of the bars I Only Know How I made them .

GRAMCRACKER CRUST IN A 13x9 Cake Pan

2 C GRAMCRACKERS
1 STICK OF BUTTER
1/2 TEAS SUGAR (OPT)

MIX & PRESS INTO PAN
POUR 1 CAN OF SWEETEN MILK OVER CRUST

CHOP

1C WALNUTS
1C COCONUT
1 C PECANS

SPRINKLE OVER TOP THEN TOP WITH 1 C SEMI SWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
PUT IN OVEN FOR 20-30 MINS REMOVE LET COOL CUT INTO BARS .

I HAVE USED FROSTED MINI WHEATS IN THE PLACE OF GRAMCRACKERS & LEFT OUT THE SUGAR

MMMMMMMMM GOOD ALSO .

SORRY PARTNER.
Well daddy is up so off to get BKF have a great day
SUSIE
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #8252867

Patti you are too much girl :0)

Maggie got your note and glad you could check in. Don't stress yourself with swap stuff. We all understand. There is never a problem with being late. Our only problem is when someone goes missing without a by your leave and is never seen again.

Winter is here and it isn't going away anytime soon I guess.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2010
5:12 AM

Post #8252904

Maggie so glad to hear your home and on the mend! Those things do take time, so please take it easy, and don't over do it!
Sending you very gentle ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
And I agree, we all have life get in the way, so we understand you being late! Don't feell like you have to rush things!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 10, 2010
8:09 AM

Post #8253165

Maggie, so sorry to hear how you are hurting. Sending gentle hugs for you! And you really did not have to stress yourself over my box. Take it easy and relax. When you get a chance, will you post what you received in your box? I'm anxious to see how you liked it.

DJ, those bars sound so yummy! Got to print that one out for keeps!

Everyone stay warm and have a good weekend! love, julie
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 10, 2010
8:13 AM

Post #8253171

Maggie. I was so glad to see you had checked in with an update. Been thinking about you ever since all this happened and glad to see that you're on the upside of it all. Take care of yourself first and foremost. So happy to hear your 'voice'!
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2010

Post #8253211

[quote="froggies_girl"]Maggie, so sorry to hear how you are hurting. Sending gentle hugs for you! And you really did not have to stress yourself over my box. Take it easy and relax. When you get a chance, will you post what you received in your box? I'm anxious to see how you liked it.

DJ, those bars sound so yummy! Got to print that one out for keeps!

Everyone stay warm and have a good weekend! love, julie[/quote]

Yes I certainly will! :). We're going to do the gingerbread house when the kids get home from school so I'll post pictures of the finished product! Wish us luck! You know I've always wanted to make one of those and never have! My mother was a real prude when it came to Christmas because of HER past. She ruined it for us, but we were kids and didn't realize it then. We didn't get to feel the 'magical' part of the holidays. Because of her though, I'm a better mommy. This gingerbread house you sent just might be the beginning of a yearly tradition! Thank you, love!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
8:50 AM

Post #8253236

Neener, I wish Kel's heart is not that big :(
We have 9 cats outside and 10 indoors. The ones outside are all neutered and spayed, while the ones indoors are 'special cases'... like Needer said.
Irresponsible cat owners in this county and Kel can not turn a deaf ear to a crying meow.

Di, wish you are close. I'll gladly let you adopt one of the neutralised cats.

Susie, I like that recipe. It's so easy.. thanks.. I copied it.

Maggie, swaps shouldn't be at the top of your priorities lady. We all understand what you're going through and Maggie got to get better for herself!
Listen to what these compassionate swappers have been saying.. your primary care should be yourself.

Neener just give me the word, and I'll list what I had sent to my assigned buddy. She may be too 'shy' to post.

Hope it's warm wherever you're at.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2010
9:18 AM

Post #8253275

I don't know how I missed the new thread.

Great boxes everyone! We sure are a sweet bunch. :)
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
10:08 AM

Post #8253326

Please Jaye do post what you sent and even a picture if you took one. I keep thinking that is what we should all do before we ship so that when someone goes missing at least we can show what was sent.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2010
10:43 AM

Post #8253374

I wish I had done that. I really tried hard to stay within her guidelines and made special shopping trips to find the things I sent. I don't care about that but just wish she would let me know she got them - or not if something has happened.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 10, 2010
11:14 AM

Post #8253406

The Bars are Very easy Even the kids can make them you can add M & M"S Or or into granolas I Some times take a TRAILS Mix Chop it up & cover over the Same as other mix .
can be vamped in other ways also for diebetics with dried fruit .

Busy day arround here so will check back later
susie

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
11:49 AM

Post #8253434

Well Barb, at least we did our part. You are indeed a generous giver, I can attest to that.
I know Yolie had received hers as the DC said so.
I didn't take any pictures, as I assumed pictures will be posted by her.
Yolie, if you're lurking.. I can only presume you're DG shy and I'll feed the curiosity of other swappers as to what you've got from me.
Just hope you're okay with the presents.

Ornament:
4 Mary Engelbreit ornamental Christmas demitasse cups.

Garden:
1 pair of Atlas gloves.
A set of garden tools (Took hostess' advice literally..even tied them up with X'mas fabric)

Recipe:
Red Beans & Rice with Sausage

Christmas cheers:
1 Large Can Tony Chachere Creole seasoning (since I read her posting of looking for Cajun seasoning. Neener is sharp enough to remember I lived in Louisiana for more than a quarter century)
1 Bottle Valentina Hot Sauce (Yolie wrote she loves Mexican food)
1 Box of Chinese Green Tea... all the way from China. (for her health)
1 Readers Digest annual baking booklet. (since she loves to bake)
1 apron sewn with Mary Engelbreit fabric.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
11:54 AM

Post #8253442

I think my gregarious introduction to myself which I've included in her box... scares Yolie!!! Sorry!!!

Susie, the idea of "trail mix" sounds good. Got to exclude raisins.. Kel detests raising. Not to worry about my diet, I'm taking extra insulin this season.
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2010
12:23 PM

Post #8253481

Well heavenscape, I think that sounds like a wonderful box and you put much thought & love into it.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
12:28 PM

Post #8253485

That, indeed, is a very thoughtful box of goodies, Jaye. Very nice.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
12:41 PM

Post #8253496

Thank you Maggie. Many will agree, including yourself, that we do the best we can for our buddies.

Carole, it happened in the swaps I hosted where I've to compensate for the ones' whose buddies reneged on their promises. Still, it don't stop me from hosting. It's the camaraderie that makes ALL swaps worthwile.
Even though I don't post much.. the lurkings have always left me with smiles. ^_^

I just ask God to bless those that can't follow through whatever their reasons are.
But if the reasons are not legit..mum always said that if you robbed someone's elses' blessings.. yours will be removed 10 fold.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #8253517

I agree, Jaye. Some can't afford to do a lot of make-ups for no-shows though so might not want to hostess. I've known of swaps where as many as 5 didn't follow though and the hostess made up for that. I wouldn't want to do that myself. I guess it's whatever each hostess wants to do or can do financially and time-wise. IMHO, a little pep talk/reminder doesn't hurt any and all of us once in awhile... and the longsuffering hostesses usually don't want to do that and appear to be an old grouch. So someone else like me can lecture and take the fallout ... and maybe help out a bit that way with some reminders and food for thought or discussion. ^_^ Just seems like some of the swaps have been dropping off in participants and there must be a reason.

MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 10, 2010
1:17 PM

Post #8253559

Ohhh I would NEVER want a host to compensate for someone who didn't follow thru with a swap box for me. I'd feel awful.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
1:42 PM

Post #8253582

Me too. :(
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
1:54 PM

Post #8253599

Heartfelt gifts you shared, Jaye, like you always do. And I bet you made the apron. Would you mind adding your Red Beans & Rice with Sausage recipe over here? Just if you want to, no hurry.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 10, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #8253604

Jaye, that sounds like a wonderful box of goodies! Sure hope she is OK, and not sick!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
2:09 PM

Post #8253626

Me too LK. Yolie was active in the earlier chats.
"Carmen".. give me a few hrs. to dust these cobwebs from my ole memory :D

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
2:30 PM

Post #8253662

Yes, she was.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
2:43 PM

Post #8253692

Wonder if a touch of Creole seasoning would help fire ye ole brain cells? lol I know you're on dial-up, want me to cook the red beans fer ya? That'll take at least a day.

Carmen

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #8253701

All dem chillies and cayenne pepper have helped burnt dem brain cells!!
Red Beans and Rice tastes better the next day!!!
Cha cha cha!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 10, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #8253825

Thanks girls... :0) You are just what I needed.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 11, 2010

Post #8254277

Sounds as though you all love spicy foods! Love the boxes that have been sent out and as with others, wouldn't want hostess to send me a replacement box,much like Jaye (waving Jaye-miss you) I do it for the friendship and I would just keep in mind that something terrible must have happened for them not to have followed through and ask the Lord to Bless...

As for the swaps being lesser in numbers, with all the talk of unemployment and hard times due to economy I think that would play a big part in it..

Well it's early morning, brrrr outside, so have all weekend to play..off to oil knitting machines and get some projects going..gab later

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #8254288

Maggie, glad to hear you might start a tradition with the gingerbread house. I started making them with my children 23 years ago! The kits weren't available then, so everything had to be made. I had to use a template to cut the dough and bake it, then trim the edges while it was still warm to make the pieces straight! There is a great story that goes with the first one I made, so be thankful Learynn is not "getting around" yet! LOL
Colt was 6 months old when I made the first gingerbread house. Destiny was 4. She helped a lot with the decorating but Colt just watched in wonder as we offered him a little icing or a little piece of candy. I put the house on a table in the living room for all to admire, complete with fluffy batting that I used for snow and little plastic Christmas trees. I visited my mom on my birthday and she gave me $10.00. We were so "poor" that I debated spending the money on groceries or buying Colt a walker. On the way home, I stopped by a thrift store and they had a walker for $10.00. The owner did not charge me tax because I didn't have any more money on me. I was so excited that I called my mom when I got home and told her I spent my birthday money. She asked what I bought and when I told her, she scolded me for not spending the money on myself. But I told her that I spent it the way I wanted to and I was happy to see Colt scooting around in the walker! It didn't take long for him to learn how to use it.
A couple days later, I was busy doing chores and I realized that I did not hear Colt. I thought maybe he had fallen asleep in the walker. When I walked into the living room, he was covered in icing, pieces of gingerbread, and chewing on a gumdrop wreath! Then he looked at me and gave me the biggest grin! The only thing I could do was run and get the camera! Needless to say, that is still a story we tell every year when doing gingerbread houses. Colt called me a few days ago and he and Liam were making a gingerbread house. Well, Colt was making it and Liam was sampling it! Like father, like son!

Everyone have a great day! love, julie

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2010
4:21 AM

Post #8254296

Wonderful story Julie. And the most fantastic memories. Aren't they wonderful?? I just wish we would pull these memories out more than once a year!! I think we should have Christmas memories in July!!!!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
4:41 AM

Post #8254306

heavenscape ,I just realized , you sent me a green butterfly house and a lighthouse for butterflies,I was so sad i could not remember who sent them to me. I want you to know ,I love them. They are both doing well ...We are waiting on another storm front does not sound good ,My big brother is here but needs to drive back down to Indy to catch a flight Sunday,he might go ahead and leave today stay with a buddy in Indy tonite,he just got here yesterday afternoon = { He did just come home for a funeral an short visit,I didn't even get to cook for him... I did make a banana cream pie though.He had some after he got back from the viewing.

did I make the Newbie Cut,Sent out and received before the deadline.I like to Play Nice,TEHE ...

Lets hope there is nothing wrong,except for maybe pc issues ,why no response.. ??

Heaven, see your butterfly house,got it inside for winter need to clear coat it soo it lasts forever

Thumbnail by huggergirl

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
4:52 AM

Post #8254314

we did trees and house last year it was soo fun,I dont have the photo soo sad.We make cut out sugar cookies and decorate them every year too .Ive been teaching Mallory and Leo to use a pastery bag and tips ,they get better every year,Leo thought the rose petal tip would just shoot out a rose,then I showed him how it worked 1 petal at a time..OH he said I see.

Just an Idea i bought my ginger bread house and trees after christmas paid like 3 bucks for them ,saved them for next year,we were not eating them !!! They did eat icing and other goodies that we were using !!! so much fun

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
5:02 AM

Post #8254327

Huggergirl, I love your garden pic. I saved the picture because it inspires me to try something like this in my side yard where there is just shade! Could plant hostas, creeping fig, Oh, there's just so much to plan here! Anybody else got any suggestions? love, julie

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
5:21 AM

Post #8254341

Here's the gingerbread house Colt made with Liam:

Thumbnail by froggies_girl

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
5:49 AM

Post #8254377

Adoreable. ^_^
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #8254393

Here's the picture of our very 1st gingerbread house. Thank you, Julie. We all had so much fun and guess what my kids want to eat for breakfast...

Thumbnail by MaggieHanson

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
6:18 AM

Post #8254404

Oh, Maggie, it is beautiful! Very handsome little helper there! Too bad I didn't send you some gingerbread cookies so they could have eaten them for breakfast! LOL I'll have to remember that next year. love, julie
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #8254414

This is the awesome box that Julie sent me (us). So sweet of her to include my whole family! We love everything!!!

A wreath that she made with all 6 of our names on it...wish I could get a better picture. The colors she picked are PERFECT!

A cookbook with many yummy sounding recipes! I'm a cookbook junkie!

A gingerbread house kit that was SUPER FUN for all of us...I think some little people want to eat it already! :(

Mistletoe that will get me many kisses.

A paint magnet kit for my kiddos...they're already painted and on the fridge.

A small plastic container with a yellow ribbon for my husband (I think this was my favorite thing). Inside was a tiny American flag, a pack of yellow marigold seeds, and a poem written by Julie herself! "Yellow Marigolds for my Soldier" Very sweet!

An Amaryllis bulb that I'm so excited to have help fill the happiest room in my house!!...hope I can make it bloom!

Julie also also included a potato and flour doughnut recipe that I had asked for a few weeks ago. Oh I CAN'T WAIT to try those!

Thank you so much, Julie! You've touched my heart. Happy Holidays to you my friend!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #8254416

Beautiful, Maggie ... that would make a lovely new "tradition". And you have lots of good help! ^_^

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010

Post #8254428

Happy Holidays to you, sweetie! I knew the kids would love doing things with you!

The poem is true! Three years ago when Colt deployed, I could not find any yellow ribbons. So, I remembered that he loves marigolds. So, I bought yellow marigolds and plant them every year. I save the seeds every year to share with others! Please feel free to pass on the poem with any seeds you want to share with someone!

love, julie
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
6:34 AM

Post #8254436

The magnets from the kit that Julie sent. Kids had a blast! Pay no attention to any marks, smears, or fingerprints on the fridge... :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #8254449

Wonderful boxes, can't help but laugh at the kids wanting the house for breakfast. My DGD and I did one last year and we started eating it from the backside for breakfast everyday. It was pretty good too. Too cute magnets.

Love the stories about your soldier Julie, my nephew just went back over for the 4th time, this time he will be working for the Army instead being a Marine. If I send you a sase would you send me a few marigold seeds, I'ld love to continue that tradition. I'll put them in my Red,White and Blue garden that I dedicated to all my family members that served in the wars all the way back to the Revolutionary War.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #8254460

What marks, smears, fingerprints??? LOL

What a sight out my back window right now ... about a dozen gorgeous cardinals, a half dozen or more doves, pileated and red-headed woodpeckers, finches, nuthatches and a blue jay or two feeding! Beautiful!!

I received a scented coffee coaster in my gift box from Happ/Joyce and it has a cardinal on it and this line:

"I heard a bird sing in the dark of December, a magical thing and sweet to remember."

I might get into the holiday spirit yet. ;-)

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
6:50 AM

Post #8254463

Robyn, I have lots of marigold seeds. Send me the envelope and I'll send you some with a copy of the poem!

Maggie, I love the magnets! My Liam will be here Monday and I will have little poptart smudges all over everything!

Cville, love the line from Happ! Gotta put some more feed in my feeders. They don't particularly care for the "cheap" stuff, too much corn in it.

love, julie

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2010
6:58 AM

Post #8254472

Thanks Julie, I'll get it out to you next week. Those mail real easy in a regular enve.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
7:08 AM

Post #8254481

LOL ... mine don't like the cheap stuff either until the weather gets awful and there is nothing else left! Then they gobble it down. I'll swear that it's exactly like on TV ... they can read the bag that says Pennington. ROTFL!!

You all have a great weekend! ^_^

This message was edited Dec 11, 2010 12:17 PM
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
7:34 AM

Post #8254503

oH great box of goodies,to include the children how thoughtful.Tons o fun,wish I could have been there to watch the fun..
Carole,I too have an abundance of cardinals soo beautiful against the snow,feeding frenzy here everyday I soo love it .

Thumbnail by huggergirl

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #8254846

Hey, do any of you make your own "suet" cakes for your birds? I just picked up an awesome recipe from our local audobon guy and was wondering if y'all would be interested.

Joy

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
12:40 PM

Post #8254852

We don't get much snow but we have a pair of cardinals that nest in our trees every year.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010

Post #8254853

Joy - I'd love a copy of that recipe! It's been really dry here so we're not getting our usual birds this year. :(
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2010
12:54 PM

Post #8254862

Hey Joy, I'd def be interested in making my own suet. I have a ton of the molds from feeding over the years and always thinking I'd one day make my own.

Carole - you have pileateds? You lucky girl! My BIL has one over at his house and I've yet to catch a glimpse of it and I have tried to many times. I have hairy and downy ones here. I'm lucky enough to be able to watch the babies in the spring when mom & pop bring them over to get their first suet treats. Finches, nuthatches, chickadees, and cardinals live in the pine and spruce trees in my yard. I love it! I never used to pay any attention to the birds until my oldest did a 4-H project on Ohio Birds and I helped him with it. Now, Dh and I are always on the lookout.

I used to do gingerbread houses with my girl scout troop for years and that's some of my best memories with the girls. What a mess but oh, so much fun!

Julie, Would you mind sending me some of your marigold seeds and the poem as well? I can send out a SASE on Monday. What a wonderful idea. When Tommy deployed in January I hung my blue star mom flag in the front window and a yellow ribbon on my lamppost; I love the idea of something yellow in the ground as well to honor our soldiers with - the marigolds will be perfect, especially from an other 'troop mom'. I'll have to make plans for a red, white, and blue garden like Robyn has as well.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 11, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #8254863

Maggie, glad to see you posting and knowing you're up and doing things with the kids. What a wonderful box of Christmas you received and Julie, so thoughtful of you to think of her whole family like that!

huggergirl, what part of Indiana is Columbia City in?

I'm so yacky today,ladies - sorry about that ^_^

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
1:19 PM

Post #8254894

Yes, on the suet recipe, please. Night before last something knocked over my pole with the thistle feeders on it. It also had a suet basket attached to it which was completely broken off the metal pole, ripped and bent open, and suet all gone.

Yes, we have several types of woodpeckers including the pileated. Love them all! We have woods behind us and get lots of birds year around.

I was in 4-H, once upon a time so long ago. :-D)))

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 11, 2010
1:21 PM

Post #8254896

Got my box todaywhat a haul from Tater55 Linda itemsI got were
Lantern bird feeder
snowman made of some kind of twig
a glass angel
a small wood sleigh painted with a santa on it
a pair of aloe infused socks
a live pine tree hope can keep alive
a bag of yummy pumkin raisin cookies
plus recpie for cookies
and a real nice christmas card
will post picture as soon as i can get battries for camera
sissy70 judyc
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #8254902

Very nice box of goodies! I can't wait to see the lantern bird feeder...sounds cute!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
1:27 PM

Post #8254903

How fun, Judy! Luv those aloe infused socks in winter! I get really dry sometimes.

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
1:33 PM

Post #8254907

Suet cakes are rich in such fodder as beef fat, mutton fat, nut butter or lard.

You can scavange your pantry and fridge for suet cake ingredients such as old jars of peanut butter, almond butter, jam, honey and jelly; crushed packages of granola bars, assorted bags of half-eaten nuts, bags of old oatmeal and cornmeal, and rendered fat left over in the freezer.

The ratio of nut butters and rendered fat to jellies and honey is about nine parts to one to keep the mixture from containing excessive sugar.

Suet cakes add much-needed protein and fat for backyard birds when insects are scarce in winter. The mixtures of rendered fat or nut butter with grains, dried fruit and nuts help birds maintain body fat, which helps maintain body temperature in cold months. You can buy suet cakes at bird-supply stores such as Wild Bird Unlimited and at farm feed stores. Or you can make them:

Ingredients:

2 cups rendered fat

2 cups nuts, dried fruits, unsweetened cereal

Jams, jellies, honey

Cornmeal or oatmeal

Melt or soften rendered fat, nut butters, lard, etc. in the microwave and let it cool. Add nuts, dried fruits, cereal, crushed granola bars and sweets. Stir well. Form into balls, roll balls in cornmeal, place on a cookie sheet and freeze for one hour. Then put balls into a storage bag or bowl and return to freezer.

Caution: Suet made with rendered fat should be removed from feeders on warm days lest it go rancid and make birds sick.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
1:43 PM

Post #8254917

Thanks, Joy.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 11, 2010
2:01 PM

Post #8254942

Maggie, sweet Maggie, got my wonderful box of goodies today! What a generous and thoughtful woman you are! I have so much to unpack and display to get some good pics. I will post pics tomorrow morning because I promised to take the kids to the mall this evening. But I want you to know I LOVE all of it, especially the little ornaments and the thing you sent for Liam!

janae, send the SASE! I'll get those seeds out to you. Anyone else want some? Just let me know. love, julie
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
2:09 PM

Post #8254963

I am in shock! I sent that late Thursday afternoon!!! And to think I ALMOST mailed it overnight!! My goodness those USPS people must be soaked with sweat! I'm glad you got it and hope you like everything. Geeez I just can't believe it's there already! Especially during the holidays!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2010
2:19 PM

Post #8254981

Be sure to use raw SALT FREE NUTs , Fruits , ECT , Salt will Harm them. But they Do Love Home made suets . I Like to make mine With Huge PINE CONES But I Can't find them Up here so i USE OTHER molds .
they are fun to make . When I Made them with crunchy peanut butter the deer would take off with them .
they would break the wire cage to till i got smart & Hung them up higher :)

Nice boxes that have arrived. well I have been in the kitchen alday & I'm ready to Get off my feet so you all have a great evening & I shall go lay back .
good night all
susie

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
2:27 PM

Post #8255000

I'm guessing my marauder was either a dog or maybe the raccoon since they left the ears of dried corn alone. I think the deer would have eaten it all. I've had the raccoon climb the big pine tree and drop the suet cages from the tree and then open them. Usually as easy as that. They are persistent little cusses. ;-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2010
3:08 PM

Post #8255051

Sissy, so glad you got your box. Hope nothing was broken?
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #8255156

Lovely gifts, Sissy. I know how much you love Angels. Can't wait to see your lantern bird feeder either and the twig snowman has me intrigued. You always do a great job, LK. Thank you, and thank you too, Julie, for including projects for Maggie's little ones and special gifts for her, including your Military tribute :) I don't know what's sweeter, Maggie, in more ways than one...seeing your gingerbread house or your precious little helpers.

I never tire of seeing such pretty pics of your gardens, hugger, especially this time of year when most of ours are frozen or bare.

Now my butcher has a new task, Joy, saving fat scraps so I can try my hand making your friend's suet recipe. The birdseed ornament recipe using glycerin last year was a total flop and ended up stuffing what was scoopable into the feeders. Although the stale pistachios and cashews after Christmas were a big hit with the Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers and an occasional Pileated.
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 11, 2010
4:24 PM

Post #8255158

Wow.. sounds like everyone's getting some terrific boxes! Judy, you'll love those socks.. I received some in a trade and they're the best! They keep your feet warm too :)

We are in a blizzard warning tonight.. supposed to get between 5 & 8 inches of that white stuff by tomorrow morning. So I did my running today and plan on hibernating tomorrow!

Have a good night everyone :)

Thumbnail by ClanCampbell

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
4:47 PM

Post #8255181

Can you believe Christmas Day is two weeks from today? We're only waiting for a few of you who have already received to list your pressies and highlight them with photos.
Hang in there, Barb. A little Snowbird told me today your gifts will be there soon, well before Christmas so you'll be able to enjoy them.

Bettypauze / Betty -- Elf delivered
careyana / Carey -- Elf delivered
catbirdsue / Cathy -- Elf delivered waiting for post & pics
cjcjmass / Cindy -- Elf delivered
ClanCampbell / Chris -- Elf delivered
Crit / Patti -- Elf delivered
Cville_Gardener / Carole -- Elf delivered

deejay9 / Susie -- Elf delivered, waiting for post & pics
froggies_girl / Julie -- Elf delivered
FruitOfTheVine / Susan -- Elf delivered
heavenscape / Jaye -- Elf delivered
happgarden / Joyce -- Elf delivered
huggergirl / Tamara -- Elf delivered
janaestone / Di -- Elf delivered
MaggieHanson / Maggie -- Elf delivered

merrymath / Mary -- Elf delivered
Mittsy -- Elf delivered
Quilter5bdsr / Barb
renatelynne / Renate -- Elf delivered, waiting for post and pics
Robynznest / Robin -- Elf delivered
rouxcrew / Joy -- Elf delivered
rvnsbrk / Neener -- Elf delivered
sissy70 / Judy -- Elf delivered

taters55 / Linda Kay -- Elf delivered
the1pony / Pony -- Elf delivered

Yolie/ Yolanda -- Elf delivered, waiting for post & pics

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010 8:42 PM

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 11, 2010
4:58 PM

Post #8255193

We got up to 75 today and will hit 35 tonight. It is so hard to stay healthy when you are wearing shorts on one day and long johns the next. Had to laugh when I came in from working the dogs today. We have always had to fight for a place to sit in this house but it is so bad they are sharing the seats now.
This is the infamous Maizie and her buddy Sneak, Evan's old dog.

Thumbnail by rouxcrew

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 11, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #8255222

I've been wearing shorts and T-shirts since we fired up the wood stove last month, and pants and sweaters when I venture out. You'll get a kick out of this, Joy. One of our Christmas ornaments in the shape of a bone says, "If you want the best seat in the house, you'll have to move the dog." I wanna find one that says something similar about cats. When Max isn't sprawled on the couch, he's trying to commandeer my mouse and shop online. Thank goodness he doesn't have a password...lol Remember the cool wooden turtle you sent me way back when? Turns out Max thinks it's a toy too and bats it around, just like Maizie did :)

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 12, 2010
4:32 AM

Post #8255655

Are you ready for this? Maggie sent me the most beautiful ornaments: Rudolph, Santa, Yukon Cornelius, and Abominable Snowman, all featured in Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer. They are so heartwarming because they remind me of my dad and will be added to the Rudolph collection he started for me before he passed away. Thank you, Maggie, for bringing back such beautiful memories.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 12, 2010
4:34 AM

Post #8255660

Next, I got a cute Rudolph potholder and oven mitt, a magnetic notepad, and some cute little cookie cutters. Can't wait to try the cookie cutters with the kids! Most of the time they eat the leftover dough before I can roll it out again.

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 12, 2010
4:41 AM

Post #8255662

Please excuse Kitty in the background- she just had to get up there and be nosy about what I was doing. She started rolling the ornaments around until I took them away from her! LOL
In this pic is the handmade ornaments Maggie made for each member of my family. Each is a candy cane adorned with cinnamon sticks and they smell heavenly- like fresh cinnamon rolls right out of the oven. Each ornament is personalized with the family member's name.
A cute Rudolph toothpick holder with toothpicks. And - this is so cute- a ceramic Santa boot planter that has directions to grow a spruce tree. So excited to get this started so it can grow big and beautiful!
And my own little personalized reindeer ornament. The little legs move and the kitty wanted to check that out too!

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010 6:48 AM

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
4:43 AM

Post #8255663

Lovin' it, Julie and Maggie. Happy Holidays!!! ^_^

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 12, 2010
4:47 AM

Post #8255666

Last, but certainly not least is the beautiful cards- she wrote so much she filled up 2 cards. Love ya, Maggie! Will certainly be giving you a call!
A cute snowman bag to fill with goodies.
And a scrumptious recipe for Red Potato Salad! Can't wait to try it!
Then there is a kit to make a handprint of Liam's hand! I love it so much! Yes, Maggie, you are so right- they grow so fast! He will be here tomorrow, so when we get it done, I will post a pic of it!
Maggie, you have made Christmas very happy and jolly for my entire family! Love ya!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
4:50 AM

Post #8255669

Maggie, did they ever say why your lung collapsed or did I just miss that somewhere?

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #8255710

wow great boxes ,love rudolph things,gosh some really nice stuff being delivered..YAY for all of us...

Janae,head north on 127 till you hit US 30 go west approx 60 miles,you will be in CC In.

I ve been making suet cakes forever ,never buy them.I save fat trimmings and bacon fat.Mostly I buy lard for suet,pnut butter ,raisins,cracked corn,cornmeal,sunflower seeds .. put waxpaper in the bottom of the sheet pan, I just press it into a aluminum cookie sheet,throw it in the fridge let it firm up and pop it out cut it up with a pizza cutter.I just made a tray it must have weighed 15 pounds !!!! I put everthing but the kitchen sink in them,birds are loving them,downey,hairy,redbellied all are enjoying them, MEE TOO LOL

Love the dog and cat being cozy..AAWWW

What is it about a cat wanting to sit on you while your on the computer
and walk on the keyboard and play mouse,i think they know we are enjoying ourselves and want to join. lOL

photo of 1 of the pileateds, we have a pair.so exciting to be able to see them all winter.

Thumbnail by huggergirl

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2010
5:39 AM

Post #8255712

Julie that's one great box of goodies, I didn't know you could buy ornaments like that. I remember that from when I was a kid. That Christmas movie is an old one. Good job Maggie.
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #8255717

Carole, I have "Bullous Emphysema"...or so they say. It means I have weak spots all over my lungs that "pop"...and in extreme cases the lung will collapse. Its genetic. Lung issues run rampant on my dads side of the family, but I don't know of anyone ever having this. It's a little scary for me because the odds of me having another collapse are high. I really don't want to go thru that again.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
5:51 AM

Post #8255727

I see ... any treatment other than surgery?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #8255740

oH Maggie thats scary,I hope there is a treatment.
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2010

Post #8255761

No treatment. Just surgery and in the worst cases, transplant. I'm not supposed to fly for a year or be in high altitude because of the pressure. That's pretty crappy for the trip I was planning to visit my friend in Germany. I don't know if I'll ever fly again. I can't imagine having my lung collapse while in the air...having to make an emergency landing who knows where and being stuck in a hospital that I didn't know the language. I'd freak!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 12, 2010

Post #8255777

WOW , That would be awful.. and not really knowing when or where you could have a problem.You know road trips in the great United States are fun for the whole family and the native language is english, great Medical care at your finger tips,have your friend come over here for a visit. = }
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #8255783

I am so far behind missing yesterday. I want to respond to everyone, but I just can't catch it all.

All the boxes are super! Everyone did a great job.

We have a lot of pileated woodpeckers here since we are in the woods. We have a lot of birds period. I keep thinking I should run a B &B for bird watchers. :0)

Maggie, so glad you are back with us and sorry to hear that this is something you have to deal with. It's too scary.

Joy that's a great suet recipe. I've been making suet every year forever. In fact my birds won't eat store bought anymore at all.

Carole I have the same problem with the feeders that you mentioned. It is always a raccoon. they tear them down and then drag them off. Every Spring we wander through the woods around the house and find all the bird feeders that have gone missing.

More catching up to do. Man I can't miss a day. No way.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #8255800

I'm lovin' all the pictures. Chris, where is that shot you posted? The dog and cats are always charming (well, most of the time). Luv the shot of the pileated wp ... I am not good enough on this camera to capture mine. A I look out this window now, I can see dots of red all over the place and under the feeders on the ground ... the male cardinals.

Yes, that's scary, Maggie. I sort of have a similar situation, although with DH and not myself. So many medical emergencies, trips to the hospital, falls, medication reactions ... all scary stuff. I feel the total responsibility so am afraid to even attempt to do some things at all anymore. I couldn't imagine us flying anywhere now. And absolutely leery of getting too far away from a hospital. :( Are you healthy otherwise?
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2010
7:52 AM

Post #8255922

Yes. Other than this, I'm great. Unless my temper is considered a medical issue??? :)

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
8:00 AM

Post #8255933

LOL.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2010
8:02 AM

Post #8255938

So many nice pressies received, this has been a great swap, with great friends!

Maggie it is so good to see you post, so very reasurring to us out here where no man has gone before, in this strange new world, seeking out new life and new civilizations, yeap that sums me up in a nut shell...rofl Least I am in my own special new world, seeking lively and plant crazy people.

OK, someone posted how many days left til Christmas, now I am panicked! I need to get in super woman mode NOW! Dawning the cape, got my elf shoes with the bells on, and off I go... ;) Later to return with a perfectly decorated house, perfect presents wrapped under the tree for each person, and a kitchen full of wonderful smelling treats...(told you I was in my own special world)...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
8:07 AM

Post #8255949

Been hitting the eggnog a bit too much, happ? ^_^

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2010
8:20 AM

Post #8255969

Joyce I just thought the same thing! I've done almost no shopping, haven't sent my cards yet...AND ONLY TWO WEEKS LEFT? gah! I need to get moving!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2010

Post #8256012

I is ready! I is ready! Santa can come to my house 1st. Only thing with being ready is you keep going to find more things to buy / make..lol

Snowing here today, glad that I'm not running the roads for that special item..

Still in my p.j.'s but of course that's due to falling down the back deck stairs yesterday due to ice, nope, wasn't into the eggnog; had I been might have been more flexible.

So today even though I'm slow moving I go from table to table and work on various extra's..knitting machine going/woodwork project on the other table being put together, drats, hate waiting for glue to dry...other table, just getting ready to do some pendants for a Christmas party I'm doing here week Monday, hoping to fire this aft. and the other table, well must clean it and do some sewing..one would wonder how you accomplish anything in such mahem...

Keep working little elves..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2010
9:12 AM

Post #8256014

Wish you lived closer you could help me do finishing touches..going to try and do the skates this aft.- I cut them in June, had plenty of time to paint and here we are 2 weeks before Christmas and they are not done, had a few friends who also wanted a pair so hopefully I'll be able to move around a bit faster and get them done..oooh nooo, I was moving too quickly before and look what it got me, bad hip/shoulder and back...slow down it the key word for everyone

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 12, 2010
9:14 AM

Post #8256017

Thank goodness for kids, I wanted to finish framing 2 pieces for tomorrow to give to boss at Christmas luncheon IF we do it tomorrow so had to call in extra elves..

As you can see, not a table is bare!!

Welcome to Santa's workshop!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 12, 2010
9:21 AM

Post #8256025

Betty I love your tree!!! You have such beautiful decorations.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
9:35 AM

Post #8256045

Glad you're okay after the fall. I fell last year on some black ice and chipped a tooth. I was a pretty sight for a couple of weeks but no major damage.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 12, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #8256640

17 degrees out, wind gusting up to 35 miles an hour, wind chill is -4, big dogs in the garage, chickens in their coop, horses and cats in the barn. All is well. All my decorating has been done since Thanksgiving. Just finished the last of the holiday baking and will finish putting the care packages together tomorrow. Made 3 Snugcapes, 1 fleece blanket and I'm working on a baby quilt right now. I'm worn out. What's eveyone else making for the holidays?

Betty where can I see a picture of the birdbath you made? Sorry to hear you fell. Everyone be safe out in the wintery weather.

Forgot to say that I'm sure glad you're back with us Maggie.

This message was edited Dec 12, 2010 6:39 PM
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 12, 2010
4:40 PM

Post #8256646

Happ you are cracking me up as always. Thanks I needed that. :0)
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 12, 2010
8:19 PM

Post #8256935

Neener, if you make a B&B for birders, I'll come!! But only during the spring/summer LOL

Carole, that's smack dab in the middle of Des Moines :) It's the lake I live by..the pic was taken from my 3rd floor patio.. I was watching the crows today.. about 50 of them hanging around in the trees, they must be really cold and of course the lake is completely frozen now.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 13, 2010
2:20 AM

Post #8257168

Blizzard going on here this morning, mighty cold..

Will go in search of the birdfeeder photo for you.

Praying it's a snowday and I can stay and play in my jammies...

Managed to get one of the neck warmers done yesterday, basecoated skates, did some cleaning / some resting and all gung ho to start a project at home..keep your fingers crossed that a call comes in before 8 saying 'snowday'!
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2010
3:06 AM

Post #8257187

"BETTY NEEDS A SNOWDAY!!!". I said that really loud...hope it works!
The best sister in the world had to go home yesterday and I'm bummed. I missed her terribly as soon as she walked out the door. I'm trying to remind myself just how fortunate I am. I'm so thankful to have her. Not only did she take over most of my role here, she's one of my best friends. We cried like little kids all day yesterday & I'm teary eyed today. Because of the snow storms everywhere, her 3 flights were nightmares. I felt so bad that I couldn't be with her. We talked/cried on the phone though so I guess in a way I was with her. She made it back to Ohio safely...that's what really matters.

I'm thankful to have all of you as well. Your support, encouragement, and prayers mean so much to me. Thank you.

Ok now I'm all sappy. I'll shut up.

I hope you all have a safe and happy day.

Debbie, I wish you had posted again last night, but I understand. I'm home all day and you can call if you want. We can only hope a miracle took place last night with your neighbor...

(((((Debbie)))))
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2010
3:10 AM

Post #8257190

Ahhhh I'm so emotional and ditzy that I posted about Debbie on the wrong darn thread!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 13, 2010
3:42 AM

Post #8257210

Morning all, it is miserable here and no snow day for us. I am not excited about going outside...that is why I am dallying. They predicted way below 0 this morning. I hate being cold! Where is my 113 degrees when I need it!

Got some stuff done yesterday but not nearly enough to say the least, but I finally made a list of the pressies and now I know at least who I am missing. That part is not looking so bad actually.

Hope you get to stay home Betty, sounds like a wonderful deal to me. Well I better get with it ... yuck! I should be at work by now...rofl.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
4:40 AM

Post #8257294

Here's my world now. Not supposed to even hit the mid-20's today and way down tonight. Oh joy! I think we all need a snow day. ^_^

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010

Post #8257365

Carole, you look like we do,20 degrees 20-25 mph winds.. They did close the schools. Im going to bake some cranberry bread today,getting my gifts together for my clients,shoot need to make more suet cakes...Out of lard,no Crisco.DH is going to the dentist,Ill have him stop at the store.DH having impressions for his new choppers !!!! Poor toothless fella,he has been fighting gum disease for almost 20 years,lost his battle 2 weeks ago they had to pull his bridge work ,and it was his 4 front teeth... = } He hates it ,he is embarrassed,should take about 4 more weeks they are custom dentures.So we have been eating alot of soft food...I need a salad...Lunch today..

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2010
7:36 AM

Post #8257595

Not a cloud here! Just really cold (for Texas). We need new windows so it's pretty drafty in here.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #8257640

I'm just glad my new windows are in, trimmed, and the new insulated exterior steel door is in too. That is primed but still needs to be painted and the storm doors installed. I thought this weather was over tomorrow but just heard more bad weather for Wednesday. Boo. :(
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #8257656

Sounds like they are close to being done??? The door can wait till spring for you to paint ,bet its keeping the cold out..YAY Ive got towels and a blanket tucked up against the patio door and 2 of our windows are cold at the bottom they sit on short concrete walls,and we did the insulating,we dont know why ,we did it right DH is PICKY...painfully LOL so i have towels at the bottom.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
8:38 AM

Post #8257704

They have to install one more interior glass door, paint that exterior one, install the two storms doors and a few other "bits and pieces" to finish off the work they've done. Don't suppose they'll work today. LOL!
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
10:59 AM

Post #8257903

Here are the pictures of things I posted
there is a 2nd picture

Thumbnail by sissy70

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 13, 2010
11:05 AM

Post #8257911

here is the 2nd pic thanks linda

Thumbnail by sissy70

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 13, 2010
11:12 AM

Post #8257924

Your very welcome Sissy! Hope you enjoy those socks! I have several pair, and they are so warm and comfy!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
11:20 AM

Post #8257937

Luv those socks ... great for the dry winter air! Everything is so sweet, Sissy and LK!
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2010
11:58 AM

Post #8257988

Very nice box! I love the snowman!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 13, 2010
12:35 PM

Post #8258045

Carole - I know! We've been watching the weather since the kids are supposed to fly in from Knoxville via Memphis on Friday. There is a lot of finger crossing and praying the weather is mild!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 13, 2010
12:40 PM

Post #8258056

Sure could use your socks today, what a lovely box..lordy you are getting spoilt..just think, Christmas is still coming!!

Can you share those cookies?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
1:09 PM

Post #8258125

Carey -- do your kids live in Knoxville or go to school there or ? Did you tell me this before and I spaced it??

We are all getting spoiled with all these lovely swaps, aren't we?

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 13, 2010
4:02 PM

Post #8258480

Spoiled? Of course, we all spoil each other! That's what friends are for! love, julie
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 13, 2010
5:15 PM

Post #8258636

Who can go without comfy socks this time of year? Not me for sure. Thank you for sharing pics with us, Sissy. Your twig snowman is adorable. Isn't it funny how we each pick a favorite from each other's goodies?

What a nasty fall, Betty. Are you moving any better?

Fingers crossed for better weather Friday, Carey. You must be anxious to see them :)

Our new doors and windows do their job keeping out the elements, Carole, but need to remedy the narrow windowsills. Sure do miss seeing plants and colored glass bottles perched on the ledges.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 14, 2010
3:38 AM

Post #8259125

yes another nice box of goodies ,i too love that snowman ,I love socks !!!! i just got my Stocking exchange box from Linda too,she packed my box fulll also..fUN FUN

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 14, 2010
5:06 AM

Post #8259210

Make sure you post pictures on the stocking thread please? Glad you finally got it!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2010
5:12 AM

Post #8259215

Warm socks??? Man do I need more of those. Had an inch of snow last night and the wind chill in 3 degrees this morning. I must have missed the memo that said winter was coming way too early. :(

Nice boxes everyone. They sure do brighten these cold winter days. Don't know what I would do without you all.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 14, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #8259459

I love that snowman too. If you decide you don't want the socks, I'm sure anyone of us will take them.

Thumbnail by Robynznest

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 14, 2010
7:49 AM

Post #8259519

Carole - They live about 20-30 minutes outside Knoxville. I don't remember if I told you about that or not! DSD goes to college in southern Kentucky but DSS lives with his mom and is in high school.

Fruity - We are indeed! Definitely looking forward to them getting here! :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 14, 2010
4:46 PM

Post #8260377

Catching up on posts here. Wow Jaye, can I be your buddy 'next' year? lol Everyone better watch out, you may get a swap box with a 'kitty' inside. :-))
Betty ... your tree looks really nice. Wish there was a little present under there for me. tee hee

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 15, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #8262203

Beautiful Christmas trees! I have 2 small trees, and I call them my "Charlie Brown" trees! love,julie
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
3:43 AM

Post #8262913

neener ... little birdie hasn't flown by yet. Has your pkg arrived? Was suppose to be there by the 14th.

Hugs,
Patti

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010
3:46 AM

Post #8262919

No little birdies here yet either. But yesterday was mailing day so I'm still hoping. I do hope my buddy likes her package...haven't heard yet.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
6:49 AM

Post #8263179

No Patti. Nothing yet. Will have DH double check the mailing container at the end of the driveway. Sometimes the UPS and Fed ex guys put thiings in there but don't leave a note.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010
8:33 AM

Post #8263369

All of the packages that have been sent have been so really really nice.
Sorry my horrible weather made it to you guys, actually we didn't have that much snow just below 0 weather and awful wind!

Love the pics of the trees, my decorating still isn't done. I thought maybe finish up shopping tonight and finish decorating and wrapping this weekend. Then if I decided I missed something I would still have time to finish.

I do make one promise I will NEVER order from Target online again. That has been a mess. Nephew wanted Guitar Hero thing and I talk the family into going in with me to get it. Ordered on 28 Nov, about two weeks later Target tells me it is on back order, so I was scrambling and everyone was sold out, finally found it at Newegg where I order lots of computer parts but wouldn't of thought of them carrying games...free shipping, no tax, and will be here in 3 days, ordered yesterday and it is already in KS this morning...yeah!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010

Post #8263384

Glad you got it covered!!!! I don't usually like to order from the big box stores as they are always out of what I want... Much better service with a smaller store...

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 16, 2010
8:42 AM

Post #8263385

Joyce - I live for Amazon. Dell.com also carries game consoles and games. Overstock.com as well. :)
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
8:50 AM

Post #8263404

Well, hopefully it will get there soon. That date may of not accounted for the Christmas rush. And like a blonde ditz, I didn't put a delivery confirmation on it. Sorry! It went Through the USPS.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010
9:02 AM

Post #8263428

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I was really happy with newegg, price was discounted 10.00 ...rofl. I have used Walmart this year and last and it has really been good, so has Cabelas. Ordered from 2collectcola (I have two people who collect coca cola stuff) and they have been good, except they shipped me one item wrong, which I decided to keep and reorder the one they didn't ship. I thought (stupid me) that since it was their mistake they might cover the shipping on the correct item...wrong, they said they were including an apology gift, so we will see. Jury is still out on that one.

I have ordered from overstock.com before and had a good experience, just have to watch the price cause sometimes it is not as reasonable as I think it should be...LOL course I am very budge minded (aka cheap)...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #8263451

Not cheap ... thrifty!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010
9:24 AM

Post #8263464

Nope I am CHEAP...rolf. Not easy but cheap... just kidding, can I say that , I might get in trouble...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
9:38 AM

Post #8263494

I've had good success with Overstock and with Amazon. Although sometimes there is a backorder situation with both of them.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #8263603

I will not order from overstock anymore! A few years ago, I found some tennis shoes I wanted, and had ordered them before, but they came in the wrong size, and when I returned them, they charged my $25.00 per pair for a restocking fee!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
11:10 AM

Post #8263612

Don't blame you. I haven't had that situation with them ... yet. Can't imagine a restocking fee for their error. Boo. I've never ordered clothing itens from them ... just furniture and household items.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 16, 2010
1:00 PM

Post #8263785

Only thing I have ordered from them was some genealogy software and it was really cheap compared to everyone else. I see a lot of things that look very interesting.
Yeah, you have to read all the fine print about returns and stuff like that even if you buy it in a brick&mortar store...it really gets annoying! Ordering for the company I have learned that the hard way...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
2:31 PM

Post #8263901

Yah, the devil's in the details. I've had good success with Overstock so far. Luv this copper pot rack I got for a really good price. Makes a great place for some Ts to hang out as long as I remember not to clobber them with the lids I store up there.

Thumbnail by Cville_Gardener

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2010
2:33 PM

Post #8263905

That is so pretty!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
2:40 PM

Post #8263917

Thanks, LK. ^_^
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 16, 2010
3:48 PM

Post #8264006

hey guys I need the socks we had about 4 inches of snow last nite on top of what we all ready had besides my feet are dry becauseof my diebetesso they are greatsocks for me
Maggie girl take care of your self
I know that is easer said than done
my life is so busy with hubbyhe is getting weaker
and sometimes he wakes up not knowing where he
is at
all of you have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS
sissy70
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

December 16, 2010
6:09 PM

Post #8264170

Still lurking- waiting to see those last couple of boxes. hehe. Everybody has sent such nifty stuff! :)

Here's our big tree- about 9 feet tall with the star. :) We have two smaller ones as well, but they're fake trees. This one is real. My Doctor Who cutout is playing Santa... LOL

Thumbnail by the1pony

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 16, 2010
7:31 PM

Post #8264283

I'm so sorry, Sissy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Now Pony, that's a mighty fine-looking young doctor. And OMG your tree takes my breath away!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 16, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #8264286

That is a beautiful tree!

Sissy, still sending prayers for you and hubby,and hoping that he is not in a lot of pain!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 17, 2010
2:59 AM

Post #8264494

What a pretty tree .I didn't do a tree ,kinda wishing I would have = { I might at least do greenery and some sparkle. Thanks for sharing your tree

sissy sending prayers too. = }

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2010
3:07 AM

Post #8264499

Sissy, still praying for you, too.

Yes, gorgeous tree!!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2010
4:18 AM

Post #8264549

Sending prayers too Sissy.
That tree is just stunning. Are those handmade crochet ornaments I see on there?
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #8264663

Catching up on posts still..

sissy, I'm sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Carole, I love that pot rack - durn, that is pretty!

pony - that tree? I'm with Fruity -OMG - what a gorgeous tree.
the1pony
(Pony) Lakewood, WA
(Zone 8a)

December 17, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #8264680

Thanks, gang! Barb- yep, those are crocheted snowflakes. My Mother made them many years ago. They're the best part of the tree, in my opinion- and they kind of make me feel like she's still with us at Christmas time.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2010
6:46 AM

Post #8264732

Oh I so know that feeling. I have a couple ornaments that my Mom made too. My Dad's b'day was
Dec 19 and my Mom's was Dec 22. Dad died in 1962 and Mom in 1987 and I still get quiet this week. So many things will remind me of them. But these are good warm wonderful memories. I never let them make me feel sad. I just celebrate that much more for them...
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2010
7:41 AM

Post #8264817

I understand Barb. My dad died in '63, I was 6. Mom died in 2005. I have some of my Mom and Dad's stuff, and that makes me feel a little better. But it is still hard.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 17, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #8264825

Holidays are memories in the making and heart-felt memories from the past.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 17, 2010
8:17 AM

Post #8264869

Always a hard time, usually we put one ornament on the tree Christmas Eve in memory of my hubby but this Christmas eve each one of us will add an ornament as it's the 20th anniversary of his death New years eve

rouxcrew

rouxcrew
(Joy) Hempstead, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 17, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #8265127

Robin,

I don't know if you are still watching this thread, but would you post your Ginger cookie recipe that you sent me to the list if you have it in your computer? I am a lazy sort and it beats typing it in. I have made two batches of them and the Gooey Fudge Cookies and all are gone with requests for more.

Joy
merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2010
12:21 PM

Post #8265169

My younger daughter teaches pre-k just sent me some pictures

1st is a picture of the gingerbread house her class made using an appliance box. The little ones enjoy making it and love to play inside it. She does one each year.

Thumbnail by merrymath

merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2010
12:27 PM

Post #8265178

Here is a picture of the elf in Christmas tree

The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition is an activity the entire family will enjoy. Based on the tradition Carol Aebersold began with her family in the 1970s, this cleverly rhymed children's book explains that Santa knows who is naughty and/or nice because he sends a scout elf to every home. During the holiday season, the elf watches children by day and reports to Santa each night. When children awake, the elf has returned from the North Pole and can be found hiding in a different location. This activity allows The Elf on the Shelf to become a delightful hide-and-seek game.

Thumbnail by merrymath

merrymath
Morrisville, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 17, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #8265188

One more elf picture

Mary

Thumbnail by merrymath

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2010
12:33 PM

Post #8265192

Nice, Mary. Thanks for the pictures. ^_^
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 17, 2010
6:29 PM

Post #8265666

So sorry for you Betty. Nice tradition you have to keep him with you during Christmas though.

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 18, 2010
9:30 AM

Post #8266433

Sissy - prayers and hope coming your way. Have a Merry Christmas..

Mary - all of my nieces and nephews have an elf in their house. Apparently the one at SIL likes to hide in very odd locations - he was hiding in one of their closets one day. lol!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 18, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #8266828

Betty, that is such a wonderful tradition. Daddy passed away Christmas eve and I am looking for a rose to buy to memorialize the day. I always try to get something for his memory garden. So, I've been looking at roses and think I've found the one I want. love to all, julie
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 18, 2010
7:02 PM

Post #8267134

((Betty and Julie)) We are changed forever when we lose our loved ones..a friend of mine is facing her first Christmas since her 27 yr old daughter died of cancer. She was talking about the "new normal" and trying to find her way there. I just thought that really described what I've been experiencing.. trying to find the new normal in this life of mine without Glen. But isn't it amazing the strength and courage we find to move forward when that's the last thing we want to do??

Sissy..you're in my thoughts and prayers..I know it's not easy for you.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 19, 2010
4:52 AM

Post #8267391

You've been on my mind this week Sissy. Sending prayers and hugs and love to you...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 19, 2010
4:58 AM

Post #8267394

Chris,

Found the 1st year in a bit of a haze, you know, first anniversary, first Christmas, first/first/first...it wasn't until all those 1st's were by that the real reality set in! Difficult to say the least but it's amazing, our survival instincts kick in and we find beauty in each day, earthly angels come to our aid and we go on but we never forget!

I think of my young grandchildren who never knew their grandfather so on special events such as these we get the photo's out, go through different events and experiences and laughs we all once had and they learn and we feel better that we've made Christmas special for both those here and those of our loved ones who have passed on..

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #8267429

Please know I consider each and everyone one of you my earthly angel! It is so hard to get through a day with out checking in here, and hoping to see you post when you have said your traveling or have been sick! When one does not post we all worry till you do!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 19, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #8267453

Taters, love the way you consider us earthly angels. I think of all of you the same way.

Sissy, my heart and prayers go out to you. My FIL is in the same state as your husband and I know how it hurts. My (ex) husband has been calling me a lot and he just needs someone to talk to. I am keeping my heart locked up to keep him from "getting to me" but he needs me right now and I listen to him and try to offer comfort.

Betty, you are so right about the "firsts." But the year after my dad died was the year Katrina hit and it was a whole year of firsts for me. First year without Daddy, first year in a new house, first year of just trying to keep myself together for the kids. I finally fell apart 18 months after Daddy passed away and wound up on the kitchen floor curled in a fetal position just begging God to take away the pain. Looks like I've survived another year of firsts since I've been separated for over a year. Now my youngest son has told me that he wants to go live with dad so he doesn't have to switch schools. I am letting him go because I just don't have any "fight" left in me. If I keep him here and make him switch schools, how it that going to affect him? He'll just rebel and God knows I don't need that. One thing I've learned this year is that I'm not giving my sons away. They are growing up and becoming more independent and I have to let them go. I love them and they love me and it really isn't that they love dad more than me. I just pray for them and spend as much time with them as I can.
OK, enough of my whining! We're decorating a gingerbread house today. Last night, we celebrated my birthday. My daughters bought me a gift certificate to have my hair cut, colored, and high-lights! I'm so excited! I'm going red, so watch out! The boys got me some beautiful plates (sea life decor) and serving trays (with a patriotic decor). I love all of it! And a guy I went to school with sent me a "Happy Birthday" on facebook and told me to "keep smiling. It looks good on you." WOW! My first compliment from a man in years!
Girls, I love all of you! Have a great day, angels! love, julie

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #8267915

God bless Julie you have had years of trials! The new year will bring you some stability and a beautiful new garden. Sending good thoughts and happy hearts your way. :)
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2010
11:04 AM

Post #8269195

froggie girl sending my heart felt hugs and prayers your way
sissy70=judyc
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2010

Post #8269529

Julie, I got your card today.. thank you :) It's nice to see you on here posting.. I know this time of year is harder than the rest of the year..

Like you, I went through a ton of firsts with hardly a moment to breathe.. less than a month after Glen passed was our anniversary, then his birthday, then Thanksgiving, Christmas, I left my job, left Oklahoma, left all my friends back there and moved back here to Iowa. That all happened in 8 months time.. no wonder there are some moments I don't remember..don't remember much about the trip up here during the move..and I was the one driving, while my DD kept me company in the car! I haven't told her that yet LOL!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
2:58 PM

Post #8269552

Bless you all ... death isn't the only thing that can make the holidays difficult. So can chronic and progressive illness ... my heart and empathyy goes out to Sissy. The holidays are difficult for many. Family estrangements ... so many things are hard. So glad to see so many of you rebounding. That's wonderful! And so glad to have you all to share with. Love you all!
ClanCampbell
(Chris) Des Moines, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #8269570

Carole, having gone through the progressive illness with my dad (Alzheimers) ..in so many ways, it's so much more worse..at least Glen didn't suffer, I'm eternally grateful that he went the way he wanted to go..in his sleep and so quickly.

Anyone who steps up to care for their loved ones when their health is declining..those are brave souls in my book!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
3:19 PM

Post #8269579

That is a real blessing that he went quickly in his sleep, Chris. I am glad to hear that. Bless you ... you are doing well. It isn't easy, I know.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 20, 2010
3:53 PM

Post #8269628

Thank you so much Susan - FOTV - my present arrived this evening. She is so beautiful and I Thank you so much. Also thank you for the recipe too. I do love cranberries and will try it soon.
Here is my wonderful present.
Edited to add - you didn't have to do this but i'm sure happy you did...Also, the cranberry recipe is the same one she sent Betty. I'll make sure it's on the other thread too...

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010 6:55 PM

Thumbnail by Quilter5bdsr

sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 20, 2010
4:35 PM

Post #8269705

I want to thank all who sent Christmas cards to us I'm sure you know who you are they all are hanging in our living room
thanks sissy70 & my LH
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
4:40 PM

Post #8269711

Lovely Barb
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
5:38 PM

Post #8269778

You are so welcome, Barb. Your page says you like Fairies and Turtles and thought the bird feeder / bird bath was a good fit combining both. It hurt your partner didn't reciprocate a gift, especially knowing what a generous giver you are, and wouldn't have left you out for the World. Your girl is made of cast iron and may require a coat of sealer so she doesn't get rusty.

Every one of you are special people in my life and am sending (((hugs))), well wishes to help heal your past or present pain, and warmest wishes from my ♥ that each of you will have a very Merry Christmas!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
5:39 PM

Post #8269780

Did anybody here bump up my DG Subscription today? Much appreciated and really want to know who to thank!

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
6:48 PM

Post #8269866

Aw Fruity! That was sweet. Seems you have a secret Santa!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
7:03 PM

Post #8269886

Thanks Fruity ... we love you too. So nice to send to Barb. It is just lovely

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
3:25 AM

Post #8270198

Love it, Barb. You are so kind and generous to people from what I've observed in my short DG time and you deserve it. ^_^
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 21, 2010
4:04 AM

Post #8270222

i too was the recipient of a subscription bump up too,Secret Santa,Thank you soo very much Im so pleasantly suprized..Gosh I feel Loved..Thank you Santa..

My heart goes out to all of you that have ill loved ones , we are fortunate here right now,its been a while since Ive had to deal with an ill family member.I do know just how over whelmming it can be,I lost my mom,DH`s dad,my dad,my sister, my brother,Bil Dont like going to the grave yard anymore too many in spot,they are all buried together.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2010
5:04 AM

Post #8270275

THATS OUR FOTV :SHE IS VERY ""SPECIAL " & ONE DAY HER REWARDS WILL COME :)
I Also recieved a couple surprises From her I Love my Bingo Jar she said i was special . but we all know that
all our gardening groups are special & The ones who cannot follow the guidelines are the real loosers :)
thank you susan & to your Co-host NEENER for this swap .

I hope that ones who had partners who have not posted should have a neg feed back left so they are not allowed to
join in other fun swaps . it trully puts a scrooge in some of us . & Not fair for anyone .I'm Not saying to be rude to them but just let others know that they do not respond . this really helps Future Hostess In Future Swaps.

& I Don't mean to put a damper on the holidays . you all can wait till after the Holidays to do that :) HEHE
thank you all again .
susie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
5:08 AM

Post #8270280

Miss Fruitcake is the bestest hostess. I didn't do a thing. She kept it all organized and took care of it all. Big round of applause coming her way!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #8270307

Yes indeed ... Yay!!! ^_^ xoxoxoxo

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
5:46 AM

Post #8270345

And a few ((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))) too! Can't wait for the next swap!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #8270388

Merry Christmas everyone...And thank you too...From the bottom of my heart to all of you.
For the most part my swaps have involved fabrics and this was a change for me. It was so much fun to meet so many wonderful, caring people and I hope you'll let me swap with you all again...

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
6:16 AM

Post #8270400

You'd better swap with us again, Barb. ;) ^_^ I don't sew much so I've enjoyed "meeting" you over here.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #8270412

Barb, that bird feeder is adorable.

Sorry I've been kind of absent DH took me on a special trip for a few days for Christmas. I actually got some much needed rest. Since work was over back in Oct. I've concentrated on cleaning the house and doing yard work. Everything has been so neglected, my bad. Anyway I wanted to wish everyone a very special Merry Christmas, May the Lord bless and keep you as His own and He helps you through troubling times and helps you extend your love and gratitude during the good times.

All you Angels are loved and appreciated.

Fruity and Neener, thank you both for a great swap, as usual you give and give of yourselves and we all love you for it.

LOL Sue (DJ) for the feedbacks.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2010
6:51 AM

Post #8270467

HELP! I remember in the back of my little brain that someone received some socks that were infused with aloe or something you wore at night or something like that...I would really like to get a pair for a friend to finish her shopping and I hit alot of stores last night and only found one pair and they were $45.00. Now I really like this friend but ...rofl hopefully I can find a more reasonable pair...

Wow for us it was warm about 45degrees last night and I was everywhere after work and a walking zombie when I got home at 10pm! LOL I felt so Christmasy, I just love all the people scurring here and there. Course there was one bad instance when I went into a couple of stores one called Hot Topic which was age range I don't know 19, rofl, they all looked at me like I had really lost my mind. But I found a great fleece throw with Hello Kitty on it for a nephews girlfriend and only 20.00 YEAH!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
7:05 AM

Post #8270485

I picked up a couple of pairs of those socks at Walmart the other day for 3 bucks or so. Look in the pharmacy section, that's where I got them.

Stayed up last night and watched the lunar eclipse. It was beautiful hope you all got a chance to see it too.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #8270586

Thank you Robyn I went there last night but didn't think to look in the pharmacy section...well I guess I will go back again today...uck! rofl.

It was cloudy at our house during the eclipse which was a good thing cause my eyelids were closed tightly...4:30a comes early...LOL

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
8:22 AM

Post #8270602

Wish I had seen the eclipse, Robin.

Hello Sistahs!! You're all my sistahs in spirit. Sorry I haven't been posting, but had been lurking.

What you did for Barb, Susan aka FOTV, aka Carmen aka Cha Cha Cha, is truly an act that deserves all the Blessings that only our Lord can shower on you.
You've embodied the meaning of Christmas.

This has been a wonderful swap. Thank you Neener and Fruit for hosting this. So, I expect this to be an annual event?
Lord willing, I'll be there next year.

Tamara, I have to say again, Kel was inspired to make that butterfly house for you. He was stumped after getting Betty's beautiful birdhouse, and he insisted you should get something crafted by him. It's his first attempt. And if you don't mind, after you've finished weatherizing it, can you please email me a picture of that house.
Our pc crashed, and we lost the pics. Will dmail you my email addy.

Merry Christmas Sistahs!!

Thumbnail by heavenscape

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
8:36 AM

Post #8270616

Y'all stop making me weepy! And no, Neener, I could not have done this without you and the rest of you wonderful friends who made this possible. hmmm Carole, you ought to take the reigns next year? This was after all, your original idea. LOL!

For those of you who contributed to Elfie's Mom's Memorial Fund we started over on the Rock Swap, in addition to the Bluestone Perennials Gift Certificate, she will also receive a Fairy bird bath / bird feeder like Barb's. Thanks, Clan, for the great suggestion. Got the shipping confirmation yesterday. Miss that Elfie but know she is with us in spirit.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
9:54 AM

Post #8270709

I'm needing a few more ideas for Christmas dinner and was wondering what everyone else is fixing.

We're having:

pulled pork
potato salad
corn on the cob
green salad
deviled eggs
beaumonde dip
small relish tray (with homemade pickles and such)
cheese ball
bourbon bbq smokies
candied sweet potatoes
waldorf fruit salad

Most of thses will be snack foods for the day long wait for dinner.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
10:10 AM

Post #8270736

Ummmmm, FruitOfTheLoop ... at least there is plenty of time to think about it. But I am sure someone will want to do it. I'm an optimist. ^_^

Wow, the menu looks delish. You need more to add to it???

Cute cartoon, Jaye.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
10:33 AM

Post #8270764

Yea we do. We kind of nibble all day and 4 of those eating are huge eaters.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
10:44 AM

Post #8270773

Robin, how about some hot wings.. get the ones already pre-cooked. All you got to do is heat them up?
Or in a slow cooker, cook up some beef tips.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
10:45 AM

Post #8270774

Hot wings, great idea, I already have some in the freezer. I can make my Basian Sauce to go with it.

Thanks Jaye

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #8270777

They make some really good pre made meatballs also! Get a good marinara sauce, or maybe some mushroom suop?

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
10:57 AM

Post #8270793

Another good idea, Ihave those in the freezer, too. I'll throw out the ideas to everyone tonight.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
11:01 AM

Post #8270803

Be prepared Robin.. LK and I are heading your way!!

What's a Beaumonde Dip?

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #8270806

And what's a Basian Sauce. I googled it.. nada!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
11:49 AM

Post #8270900

Beaumonde dip is dill dip with an extra spice called Beaumonde.

Basian is an Asian hot sauce with a midwestern kick, that I make at work. It is exclusive to us and a version of it to a ski lodge in Vale Co. Kind of a sweet hot sauce. It is honey, butter, Sriracha,and BBQ sauce.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010

Post #8270917

Ahhh that's what I thought--- a B'Asian :D
Thanks Robin. I live on Sriracha hot sauce, and the other favorites are Sambal Oelek and a chilli sauce made in Singapore.

Will have to look for a Beaumonde here. In this small town, it's a wonder I could find soy sauce!!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 21, 2010

Post #8270918

I was going to say Robyn the only thing you are missing is me... ;(

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
12:08 PM

Post #8270943

No, that's not the only thing she is missing. ;-)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
12:09 PM

Post #8270945

Everyone is welcome to come here. It would be a blast.

I use Sriracha a lot in different recipes at work. We add it to our cheese sauce for that kick when I do a Philly cheese steak sandwich. I also use it in our Caribbean sauce for my version of jerk chicken. That one is honey, Sriracha and raspberry vinegarette. They never know what I'm going to come up with. One of my favorites is a honey, lime and Sriracha glazed grilled shrimp.

I get an idea in my head and I just start experimenting.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
12:17 PM

Post #8270963

Robin, has anyone told you to start writing your own cookbook? Or you can turn in your ideas to that hot sauce company, they might give you cases for your effort.
I've never found a jerk recipe I'm happy with. Care to share?

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010

Post #8270993

I'll find it and send it to you. I can never remember it. I have it written down at work.

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #8271018

Thanks Robin!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
1:49 PM

Post #8271095

You're very welcome sweetie.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010

Post #8271178

Here you go Jaye. This is what I use all the time. You can adjust the amounts to your liking, that is why you will see approximate amounts on some. According to my DD, this is as close as it comes to the jerk huts down in Jamaica that she went to.

T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon

2 T onion flakes
1 T garlic powder
1 t allspice
2 t ground thyme or thyme leaves
1/2 - 1 t ceyenne pepper
1 t blk pepper
1 t salt (optional)
1/4 - 1 t nutmeg
2 T sugar or brown sugar Splenda works great
1/2 - 1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger ground
2 T dried chives
1 t paprika

Some of the spices effect people in different ways, bothering their stomachs and such. At work I use the smaller amounts. at home I use the larger.

If you can't find Beaumode spice I have a recipe for it, too.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
6:15 PM

Post #8271581

robyn ... on your 'menu' for Christmas dinner, I didn't see any deserts. What the ...??? No pie, cookies, fancy deserts. That is the best part of holiday dinners!!!!!!!! :-))
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
8:44 PM

Post #8271775

Not sure yet what all we'll have when my SIL visits next month for two weeks and we celebrate a late Christmas. One of her fav dishes is pork tenderloin with roasted veggies, and your fresh jar of Napalm, Joy, will come in handy. She loves my pulled pork too the next day on sandwiches.

I'm envious of all of you who have big or extended families that will be able to celebrate Christmas with you! The menu for hubby and me is pretty short and sweet.

Appetizer -- Cheese & veggie tray with onion dip and an assortment of crackers, deviled eggs and pickles. A good thing to have during a football game or when our neighbors pop in.
Soup -- French Onion
Salad -- black beans mixed with whole kernel corn and spicy salsa served cold.
Entre -- Surf and turf with Filet Mignon & Sauteed Shrimp. Can't remember the last time I splurged, but what the heck, it's Christmas.
Veggies -- Twice Baked Yukon Gold Potatoes garnished with crumbled bacon, pats of butter and dollops of sour cream; my Mom's mac & cheese pie tweaked a bit to include 3 cheeses.
Bread -- Pillsbury Croissants
Almost desert -- A congealed Lime jello salad with chunks of pineapple, Craisins, and PEcans.
Desert -- a store-bought German Chocolate Cake since I'm such a lousy baker.
To wash it down, hubby will have a bottle or two of water while I sip on Sweet Mountain Laurel Wine from Château Morrisette, a local winery.

Who's next?
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 22, 2010

Post #8272014

WOW,fruity Im on my way,what time is dinner...Sounds great .We are having a small gathering at my SD,SIL, 4 grandchildren SS,XWIFE ,MIL,and us

Lasagna
Oliver garden salad
garlic cheese bread

Ham
7 layer salad
scalloped potatoes

homemade eclairs
chocolate cream pie

Not a big production this year. nice and quiet
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #8272048

My Dad wants steamed shrimp and this layered lettuce salad that my Mom makes. And walnut cake. What Daddio wants this year he gets. Now if the weather will cooperate we will be good to go. Right now it is kind of iffy. Could it just once not snow until they are come and gone back home??
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
4:36 AM

Post #8272060

[quote="huggergirl"]WOW,fruity Im on my way,what time is dinner...Sounds great .We are having a small gathering at my SD,SIL, 4 grandchildren SS,XWIFE ,MIL,and us

My DH calls his ex-wife my "Wife-in-Law" ... LOL
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 22, 2010
4:44 AM

Post #8272075

Thats a good one ..We get along very well, always have ..ive been with my DH 33yrs..She told me a while back that she and my SD were really glad that Ralph had found me and Married me,I told her I too was Happy I married into the Mcoy family too,That is her family... LOL

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
4:54 AM

Post #8272087

Can I have the recipe for the french onion soup please?
All that food sounds yummy.
We are having a ham and turkey, and all the trimmings to go with. Cornbread stuffing, candies yams, mashed taters and gravy, green beans... Not for sure on the dessert, one daughter in law is bring pies, and one is bring fresh veggies.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 22, 2010
5:11 AM

Post #8272112

Not even breakfast time and already you've got me starving..

I'm having turkey with dressing (having it deboned and stuffed tomorrow as we're having our Christmas on Christmas Eve day, spiral ham, cabbage rolls, tortierre's, salads and seeing as the big thing is who is my favorite child/grandchild based on whose favorite fruite pie I make so guess I'll be baking 1 for each..lol

Tomrrow is pie day, bake/bake/bake

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
5:31 AM

Post #8272138

Deserts are half up in the air. For sure a chocolate cjeesecake the other will be either fresh pumpkin or apple, they haven;t decided yet. Either will be easy since I already have both fresh cooked pumpkin and froaen Splenda sugared apples in the freezer. Plus we have all the goodies left over from the care packages, cookies, fudge, rum balls etc.
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2010
5:55 AM

Post #8272162

Will be interesting this year with the kitchen still not done... ;)
For DH's family we will bbq brisket, slaw, bbq beans, there are only 4 of us not including the DGD, DDL is constantly watching her weight so she doesn't eat much unless I make homemade rolls then she can't resist...LOL I need such will power, DH is border line diabetic so he watches what he eats, but my family I will go to their house and be catered to...rofl, yeah right! We will have turkey, dressing, homemade noodles, cranberries, strawberry jello salad that was posted on the recipe site it is soo good, rolls, ham, greenbeans, cheese balls, fudge, pies, all kinds of home made candies, and the tortilla rollups. Can't wait...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #8272173

You're right Betty, I haven't even had breakfast yet and I want dinner. Yum!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #8272253

Morning My Friend Foodies!

It's Paula Deen's recipe, LK. I haven't made it before but sounds delish and so easy. She doesn't indicate how many portions, would probably be 8 or more bowls though since a whole loaf of French bread is called for. Guess the recipe could be halved?

French Onion Soup
Ingredients
* 8 onions, sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
* 8 cups beef stock
* 1/4 cup dry white wine
* 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
* 1 bay leaf
* Salt and pepper
* 1 loaf French bread
* 2 cups grated Gruyere

Directions

Saute onions and garlic in oil over low heat until tender and golden yellow. Sprinkle flour over onions, cook a few minutes more, browning the flour well. Add stock and wine and bring to a boil, add thyme and bay leaf. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently for 20 minutes or so. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Meanwhile, slice French bread into 3/4-inch slices and butter both sides. Toast slices on griddle until golden brown. Ladle soup into an ovenproof bowl, add toasted bread and cover with cheese. Place ovenproof bowl on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake at 350 degrees F or 5 minutes under a hot broiler.

foodnetwork.com

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
7:27 AM

Post #8272267

Thanks. I will give that a try also! Sounds really good! I love the french onion soup from outback!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
11:41 AM

Post #8272588

Ahh.. I envy those who'll be sharing Christmas dinner with family and friends . It's not the foods that served, it's the fellowship among family and friends with a common bond that spells L O V E. I feel that in this group.

This year, I'll be celebrating His birth, solo.

It will be steak au poivre, with zucchini and buttered pasta.

And for snacks, it will be crackers with Duck Liver pate plus Moreille mushrooms.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 22, 2010
2:32 PM

Post #8272795

Smaking my lips here...tomorrow morning I'll start the tortierres, shed a few tears I'm sure remembering the special times grandma (who raised me) and I spent together..her teaching and me trying to learn!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010

Post #8272858

Jaye where do you find those mushrooms this time of year? It all sounds yummy!
Well, maybe not the pate! I may have to pass on that.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2010 5:51 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 22, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #8272871

NEENER I Think our dads Must be Brothers or twins my dad wants breaded shimp & What He wants he gets :(
he'll be 98 in Jan :)
Good nite all time for a movie soon :)

susie
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
4:27 PM

Post #8272906

Yeah Susie Daddio could eat shrimp or seafood any time, anywhere, anyway. ;) Since this will likely be his last Christmas we are doing all we can to make it special.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
4:42 PM

Post #8272915

Wow DJ ...98 in January. That is terrific! What day is his b'day?

Neener, how old is your dad? Must be great to still have them!

My DIL sent me a message that she will have her & my son's kids and my daughters 2 girls where I can come have Christmas with my Grandchildren on Friday from 10-1. Feel like I am just getting a 'visitation' with them. Wish I knew why my kids are mad at me. I have no idea, they just don't want to see me. Such a helpless feeling when you don't know what you have done. My loving DH and I will have a quiet Christmas at home. We had his family last Saturday for their family Christmas. Had 12 people here. It was very nice.
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #8273077

I'm just stopping in to say hello. I've been busy with 2 sick kids. It never fails...once a year, the flu invades my house. I've been a Lysol/Clorox freak since Thursday. I'm REALLY trying my best to keep it from hitting all 6 of us. I'll be back in the next day or two to check in.

All of the food sounds delicious! Merry Christmas, Friends!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
8:01 PM

Post #8273192

Crit, I would be blunt, and ask them what is going on! Since they are mad already, you can't hurt anyones feelings!

Maggie, please be careful, you don't need to get that crud!
How are you feeling! Hope your healing up quickly!

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
9:17 PM

Post #8273244

LK, the duck liver pate comes in a can with bits of Morelle mushroooms. But my sister also sent me a package of dried Morelle mushrooms from France. I just will have to reconstitute them if I need to use them.

Betty, I'm sure your grandma's smiling from above and wonder when did you perfected her tortierres.

((((((((((((((Neener)))))))))))))))) You'll make the best memories ever!

Maggie, I'm avoiding the cruds by drinking lots of hot spiced tea. And not to mention washing my hands 100X a day!!

Crit, I'm sure your kids will come to their senses when they see you react with a loving manner during your 'visitation'. Forgive them and enjoy your Christmas with your DH who seems to me, is standing by you.

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
4:06 AM

Post #8273353

Patti my Dad is only 75, but he has esophageal cancer and it is in his liver. Chemo isn't helping and they may do radiation, but the prognosis isn't good.

Maggie take care of yourself kiddo. Getting the flu wouldn't be a great thing in your condition.

Another cold, windy day here. I'm tired of the wind. It feels like it is 18 degrees here. ICK!

Oh well, off to the treadmill and then I have to bake today.

Later folks!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2010
4:27 AM

Post #8273368

Now Im really jealous,I need to work out ...have not for a very long time ,Im paying for it ,getting the flabs..Eating too much sweet stuff last several days,up 4 pounds allready...BADD... new jeans are going to be too tight..AARRGGG

Jaye,why r u flying solo on Christmas ?/?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
4:37 AM

Post #8273370

I'm tired of winter already too. I thought this was Zone 7 in the Sunny South???

Speaking of kids not talking, one of my dear friends in CA just had her first grandchild. Now this woman has raised 4 sons but the new mother, her DIL, lectured her like a child about handling the baby when she wanted to uncover his tiny toes to show someone at the hospital. The DIL and son haven't talked to her since and won't let her see the baby. Heartbreaking, especially when it's the first gc. What is up with that???

We won't do anything for Christmas ... have to keep it quiet and peaceful ... just here on our own. Soooo ... those of you who are celebrating, have a big bunch of fun for me too. Enjoy ... and stay safe. ^_^
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2010

Post #8273425

That is just awful and stupid and weird...My SIL almost has the same they wouldnt let her and her 28 yr old daughter (that has worked in child care for 11 yrs ) babysit??????????? It is getting better. They have 3 very close together now,so I think its pretty handy to call Gramma and aunt Lesley to come over at a drop of the hat...And that they are helpful..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #8273441

LK & Jaye: I would ask them what's up, but they won't even be there. I have to be gone by 1 so daughter (sorry, can't use DD at this time) has to pick the girls up to go somewhere and son (can't use DS at this time) will be coming home for lunch from work. All I can say is "What the h*ll??????" Oh well, may the bird of paradise fly up their nose ... LMAO ... at least I get to have Christmas with my GRANDBABIES!!!!!!!! They are what counts.

I don't really want to ask them when it is only them and me ... it would end up 3 against one instead of 2 against one like it was before Thanksgiving, and I would be on the losing end. Need someone "impartial" there too. Not emotionally up to a Patti bashing again.

So glad I have my DH, his family and my DG family!!!!!!!!!!!
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
5:41 AM

Post #8273448

Neener ... I'm worried about the 2nd Christmas trade box i sent for you. Sure hope it hasn't gotten lost somewhere. It had something kinda special to me in it. It is 9 days past when it was suppose to be there!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2010
5:57 AM

Post #8273468

dH reports he is feeling THE CRUD..Achy,tummy not soo good,We both just got over a normal cold..Now dh feeling icky,hope he feels better sooner ... Or I will have to take my dear sweet MIL all by myself to my SD`s,OH BOY OH JOY = } = } come to think of it he had stomach cramps 4 yrs ago on Christmas OH and I went to my SD`s and left DH at home ,OH his mom had a FIT !!! LOL ...SHE thought I was awfull ,leaving him home alone ..So if he is sick ,I wont have to take her...UMM ..LOL..LOL She is 89 still very active ,too much we have to really tell her to stay home when its slick,she will lie to us about where she has driven to,but she is getting better about not going out and calling us to take her to the grocery and so on.she is a Taylor by trade still sewing...

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
6:44 AM

Post #8273527

Good morning elves!

The few short hours of warmth yesterday's gone. Return to the low 40s today, but thank God, no wind nor snow nor rain.

I'm glad you ladies don't care for too much family drama and rather just go on with your merry ways than evoke wasted energy.

That's the reason I'm going solo this year, Tamara. It will be the first Christmas I chose peace and quiet and not be embroiled in drama over at parents' in law...after being with Kel for almost 9 years.
Put it bluntly, I'm not a favored DIL. I don't feel bad there as MIL don't care for the other DIL either.
The other DIL had stopped ALL holidays get together with them 2 years ago. She's the smart one. And her husband had stood by her and chose to stay away from his parents.
I'm proud to say that Kel does all he can as a son, to help his dad who's wheel chair bound from a stroke, and is a cancer survivor.
MIL got her wishes.. no DILs.. but only Kel ^_^ The other son won't even be there.
Christmas is about being jolly and happy and merry... while we celebrate His birth.
I rather be happy by myself!!!
*Wow* I didn't even share this on my regular thread!!
I FEEL GOOD!!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #8273532

((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))) to you Jaye, for standing up, and keeping the true meaning of Christmas!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
6:55 AM

Post #8273543

Crit Daddy will be 98 Jan 25th : well was going to sit & Post but my sister & Her GS"S Are here so will be back soon

heavenscape

heavenscape
TabacVille, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
6:57 AM

Post #8273545

Hugs back LK!!!
I'm gonna sing that James Brown all day today!!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2010
7:07 AM

Post #8273558

We put a stop to the over indulgance Get togethers and gift exchanges,took several years 1 sil and mil were the worst,to get them to give up on Ossie and Harriet TV Christmas... LOL We were up to having 3 places to go...NO MORE... This year No Nelson Family ,We all have our childrens Christmases to go to,we take turns taking mom..We dont have a home that is large enough for 8 grandkids and 16 adults,none of us do...LESS IS MORE...LESS IS MORE

DH is on the phone with his DD and saying OMG..OMG..oH geeze something has happened ..Better go
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
8:48 AM

Post #8273709

Hope everything is OK

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
8:58 AM

Post #8273722

Good for you, Jaye.

Tam, what's happening? ... let us know asap!!!

Yep, I was Ms. Unpopular too for taking a stand about Christmas and all the trappings and hustle and bustle. Sometimes they like to make you second guess yourself ... but in the end it's the peace inside you that counts. ^_^
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
9:08 AM

Post #8273735

I'm sorry some of you have bitter family members, especially your children. I look forward to being a grandma someday and I hope to always get along with my kids and their spouses (if they decide to marry). I haven't heard from my mother since September 11th when I called her to let her know Learynn was born on the 10th. During my hospital episode last month, she talked to my sister about coming down here to help, but when I said her boyfriend wasn't welcome to tag along, she chose to stay at home with him. You know, I'll just shut up now because the more I think & type...the more I'd like to smack her in the face. I don't like to feel hatred toward anyone, especially my mother, but her actions make it almost impossible.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
11:28 AM

Post #8273903

Shucks Patti I don't know what to tell you. Did you send it First Class, Priority or Parcel Post?

We used to have all that drama when my MIL was alive. My one SIL is a real pain in the A**. Now that my MIL is gone I haven't talked to her since the funeral. The way she acted that day I'm surprised that anyone of her sisters is talking to her. As an only child I don't get the sibling dynamic at all. My motto is "can't we all just get along?"

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
11:43 AM

Post #8273927

I'll vote for that! :(
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 23, 2010
3:46 PM

Post #8274238

Hi all just stopped by to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year sissy70

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010

Post #8274241

Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year to you too, Sissy. Hugs! :)

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2010
4:48 PM

Post #8274307

Merry CHRISTmas and Happy New Year to everyone and I'm going to send everyone big hugs and prayers for eveything to turn out the way you want. ((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 24, 2010
4:13 AM

Post #8274788

Oldest Granson totaled his car weds evening,he is fine .No one else involved TG..He is one Lucky young man,I hope he realizes that today...and forever...

Merry Christmas Eve all

careyana

careyana
(Carey) Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2010
9:47 AM

Post #8275215

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to everyone! [[[[[HUGS]]]]]
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010

Post #8276085

I got a box yesterday from Crit. This is the second box she sent and even though it took forever to get here, it was worth the wait. She sent me a darling snowman plate that was her Mother's and 2 pretty dish towels. There are 3 yummy recipes too. Thank you so much Patti for sharing that special plate with me. I have a perfect place in my china cabinet to put it. Sorry this was so stressful getting the mail to go through.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #8276099

Cute, cute, cute. Luv it all. Didn't she send you that comical alarm clock awhile back? Loverly.

Merry Christmas!

froggies_girl

froggies_girl
Ocean Springs, MS

December 25, 2010

Post #8276141

Merry Christmas to all! I love all of you and wish I could give each of you the biggest hug!
love, julie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 25, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #8276206

((((((((((Julie))))))))) right back to you!!!
Merry Christmas everyone!
happgarden
Kansas City (Joyce), MO
(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2010
7:18 AM

Post #8276209

WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS, WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Love you all and I am so happy to spend Christmas and the New Year with you all!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
7:28 AM

Post #8276224

(((((((((((((((((((MERRY CHRISTMAS))))))))))))))))) Everyone

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 25, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #8276320

Merry Christmas one and all...may today you be blessed with the best Christmas ever...mine is all but over, had it with family yesterday, now all have gone to start a new Christmas gathering, not sure what else they could possible get that would make them anymore spoilt than they were here but do look forward to their evening call telling me what they've received..

Lord certainly provided well for us this year, gift galore but I did receive 3 that made me especially overwhelmed,

goat - being sent in my name to a 3rd world country

Sleeping Children - bed,mattress,pillow, blankets and a tent - being sent to another 3rd world country

Heart and Stroke Foundation Calendar - draw daily through 2011, proceeds to help a good cause...

Sure did warm my heart getting the gift and giving it to those in need...

Enjoy your Christmas everyone, looking forward to 2011 swaps!
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
10:45 AM

Post #8276430

Merry Christmas to all of you!!

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Di
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #8276432

Lovely gifts Betty, that will keep on giving.

Kitchen's under control, table is set, candles are lit, critters are napping, and a girlfriend's on the way to join us for our meal. All that's left is to saute shrimp and kick back with a glass a wine.

Eat, Drink and have a Very Merry Christmas Every One!

(((((((((((Love and Hugs))))))))))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

December 25, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #8276462

FOTV, you have a little bit of what I'm seeing out there this afternoon...God's country, Georgian Bay..nice to see the balls on your tree...makes my heart feel the warmth and kindness your friendship has shown me...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
12:47 PM

Post #8276518

Those gifts are the best anyone can ask for Betty, brings tears to my eyes.

Love to everyone, stay safe and warm
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010
2:53 PM

Post #8276628

There would be few true friends in my life if it weren't for you all.

Sissy Judy, if you're watching this is the Angel ornament you crocheted for my birthday :)

rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2010
9:39 AM

Post #8277393

Hey Fruity this is getting really long, should I start another thread, or are we finished with this now that everyone has checked in?? Let me know.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #8278088

You know how chatty we are, Neener. Why don't you start another thread that will give us a push to the New Year?
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010

Post #8278421

Gotcha. Off to do that now.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
5:18 AM

Post #8278427

New chat thread ladies!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1146526/

This message was edited Dec 27, 2010 8:20 AM

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
5:19 AM

Post #8278432

Try again with the link Neener, those take me to start a new thread.
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
5:20 AM

Post #8278434

Yepper I don't know what went wrong there, but leave it to me to screw it up.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
5:21 AM

Post #8278438

lol, not screwing up, just keeping us on our toes.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
2:30 PM

Post #8279248

Hello all. Internet has been down since Thursday!!!!. Neener, so glad your box received and in one piece, and that you like it. Got to spend a WONDERFUL time with the Grandchildren. They were sooOOooOOoOoO excited to see me. We had a great time.

Belated MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, and a very Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!!!
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2011
4:49 PM

Post #8290825

hi all just wanted to let everyone know had
to put hubby innursing home am doing okay
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers
Wishing you a great year in "2011"
sissy70
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2011
6:12 PM

Post #8291038

Awww sissy, I'm sorry. (((((hugs)))))

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 3, 2011
7:52 PM

Post #8291251

sissy, you have done the right thing! I know it was a hard decision, but now you can get some much needed rest, and go see him when you can!
Sending you prayers, and (((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 4, 2011
10:33 AM

Post #8292027

Sending prayers for both of you Sissy!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 4, 2011
1:33 PM

Post #8292288

New room everyone! Scroll up a few post, and check out the link!
Here ya go!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America