-
AuthorContent
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 8, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #8249973

How many of you are making up a Wish List for Christmas, to include gardening suppies,etc.? My son asked me for a list and I always put a Dress Barn Woman gift certificate down every year..this year I asked for a bag of Fafard potting mix for my wintersowing but bet this time of the year he will not be able to buy any because of all the Christmas Trees, ornaments, decorations taking up the usual gardening space. I am always game for specialty gardening books. (container gardening) Just ordered for myself from Amazon.com a book called Home Outside by Julie Moir Messervy..It is a nice book but haven't had a chance to look/read it through very much yet. The author also wrote a book called Outside the Not So Big House. I could always use another pr. of cheap gardening clogs to keep by the back door. Always could use some more containers/flower pots for outside. There's always some nice gardening things at Plow & Hearth. I've got my eye on a wrought iron pillar or obesiks for plants to climb on. I don't need any statuaries..already have too many of them. Unless stuff is ordered online..some things may not be available until early Spring. Hey, a gift certificate to a garden center will do..What about you;? Do you have any items on Santa's list for yourself to use in your gardens/flowerbeds? Don't need any gardening tools..already have plenty of those.

This message was edited Dec 9, 2010 7:06 PM

Gymgirl

Gymgirl
SE Houston (Hobby), TX
(Zone 9a)

December 8, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #8250104

I've trained all my relatives. They know to give me gift cards to my favorite gardening shops or big box stores (so I can get my own mix), or bags of potting MIX, MIX, MIX,
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

December 9, 2010
10:51 AM

Post #8251885

Hey what do you all use for a potting medium? I have a seed starting medium but I would to mix my own. Any idea?

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

December 11, 2010
3:44 PM

Post #8255107

I have owned a copy of this book for years. I use it whenever I plant seeds to check if the seeds need light or dark to germinate, how long, what they look like when they come up,how deep, etc. Love this book and would love to see the new one, but still using my old copy. It would make a great gift.
http://www.parkseed.com/gardening/PD/96007/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America