Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

SOLVED: toad lily

Bloomingdale, NJ(Zone 6a)

I have 4 different species of toad lily-all are labeled except for this beauty. Anybody know the species?

Thumbnail by kat7

Silly me-I just looked through the plant data base, and realized I had planted a varigated toad lily: tricyrtis hirta variegata, and sure enough when I went back to look at the leaves they had white varigation along the edges. I went ahead and downloaded the picture as well as a better one showing the varigation into the plant data base.

This message was edited Sunday, Oct 7th 5:32 PM

Little Rock, AR(Zone 7a)

Wow Kat - That is one beautiful toad lily. I just have one, but it looks nothing like your's. I'll have to keep an eye out for that one!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Oh Kat, I think I need one of those.

Villa Rica, GA(Zone 7a)

O Kat7!!! That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I mean really, I have got to have one. and if you ever decide to thin them out...be sure and let me know! b/c I would trade my eye tooth for one of these beauty's!
Be sure to let me know if you ever want to get rid of any of these, so I can be first on your list.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

did it set seed??

No seeds yet, but I'll have to see if i can get some. If so I'll keep you all in mind!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have one toad lily and it sets pods, but I never get there before they fall off. :( of course, it's not this one, but I would love to know if there's a trick to catching the seeds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.