Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Laurie's Love?

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Hi, all. I bought this plant last spring as Laurie's Love from Glasshouse Works. I can't find it in Plantfiles. Maybe I'm not searching correctly? I did use the cultivar field this time.

Thumbnail by killdawabbit
Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Congrats on actually getting your order from GHW, they tend to be very slow

The plant filed data base is member generated, you can add this begonia here

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/add.php

If you have any trouble I can help as will admin.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

Stunning begonia. Is that named after you Laurie? (Kidding of course)

GHW should be a great place to buy from except they are very slow (4 months on my last two orders and I won't order from them again unless I am really hard up) and often the plant doesn't match the name in a lot of instances. The one begonia I really enjoyed from them was bought as crassicaulis but I knew when I received it that it wasn't. So I called it the sprawler or the monster for a few years. I just found out the real name from Charles Jaros last year - Bayberry Lane.

Some of their Hocking series have turned out to be pretty nice begonias too but it is best to get those from other growers than ordering from GHW.

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Lali, I've added plantfiles. I just wanted to be sure I didn't post a duplicate.
So Laurie's Love is new to the plantfiles?

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't think there are any existing listings yet. I looked and couldn't find one.

Ross Bolwell's database shows this as 2001 hybrid by Bob Koehler, Florida

Christiana, TN(Zone 6b)

Thank you. I'll go ahead and add it and the pic and before too long maybe it will bloom for me.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.