AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2010
4:46 AM

Post #8267383

Welcome, welcome, come on in a chat. We are a wordy group who always welcome strangers to join us.

We came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1145064/#top

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 19, 2010
5:13 AM

Post #8267406

thanks Sandy you are taking good care of us!

Dianne it is about time you got some snow! Has it stopped yet. We haven't gotten any for a week! DH got the bull dozer going as the truck couldn't push it all back. Now we are ready for the next one! I am slowly getting things ready for Xmas day as I will be having company! My niece came out friday and did some cleaning and helped with some decorating. She wasn't in the mood but felt better when she left.

Bonnie your tree is beautiful! Glad to hear you are taking it easy and the family is coming to join you. I love the picture Debbie posted of the boys.

Hi Kelly! My you never seem to stop! Do you? But it is the season and I know you have to do what you can when you can! Some day all my carpet is coming out!

Adina did Nicholas sleep all night? Maybe you can break him of that habit! Are you all ready for Xmas?

Melva you have a variety of choices to use on DH.. Let us know which one worked! How is Corky?

My Xmas menu is going to be Baked chicken and BBQ'd ribs for sure.
Sweet potatoes and regular potatoes. stuffing corn fruit salad. Don't know the dessert yet as The DIL is suppose to make that. I might also make deviled eggs. Small meat and cheese plate. We will see what I have energy for.

Better get going as there is plenty to do today. Making French Toast for breakfast is the first thing.
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2010
5:29 AM

Post #8267419

Thanks for the new thread. Ended up posting on the old thread.

Morning!

Tammy - Sounds like he used your weight loss as a segway to his. The fiber addiction runs in my family also. Tell the DH happy birthday! Nice blue booby. Found this funny video on the mating dance of the blue footed booby. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYmzdvMoUUA

bonnie - Nice tree. Good job on training the kittens about the tree. Glad you are feeling better and have a solution for DM being home over the holidays.

Adina - Also hope that the baby sitting went well and he sleeps through the night.

Melva - There should be a progression in the amount of pain reducing over time. If that is not happening then you should go back in (or call) and talk with the Dr. If the pain is not decreasing then you might have a number of things going on including a staff infection or the Dr missed something during surgery. If the pain is decreasing at a normal pace then the DH is just being thoughtless

Kelly - Same here. Gardening and cooking. Although I was at a dance last night and one of the women was knitting a really nice merino wool sweater in a burgandy and grey pattern.

BonnieB - All that cooking sounds nice. Send pictures of the cookies. That way we can all enjoy without the calories attached.

Went out to the restore yesterday and came home with three bricks for any future chimney repairs. Also saw a pair of doors that we might use to replace some in the kitchen but we're not willing to get them as we didn't have the door demensions with us. The DH and I also went bumming around the area to a number of places including one of my favorite burgs called Brookside. Had lunch out at a place we have been taking about for a while.

Here are some of the stores we went to/like there.

Reading Reptile which comes complete with a resident cat, literary motifs on the walls and ceilings, books, an old dimestore horse ride, and a cupcake shop. http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4ADFA_enUS410US410&q=read...

Stuff which is a fun gallery that artists/craftsmans sell at. Has a resident Bernice Mountain dog. My favortie items are the old lawn chairs with dogs painted on them, the yard art, and sculptures. http://www.pursuegoodstuff.com/

Brookside Toy and Science Shop which sell all kinds of toys and gagets for kids ( including the adult kind). http://www.brooksidetoyandscience.com/

The New Dime Store which is a trendy version of the old woolworth's store. Yesterday they had an old fashion santa in the store for the kids.

Windows World which is an import shop. http://www.worldswindowkc.com/wwstore/storetour.html?id=sjeN...

Foo's Frozen Custard is also there.

Have a great day!

SusanKC

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 19, 2010
6:24 AM

Post #8267505

Morning,

I am dragging. Stayed up late reading and was rudely awoken by a large dog barking...and two cats playing Nascar kitty across the bed.

DH is at work, and I have a list to accommplish today. Not that I will...but I wrote it out. Its the best of intentions. haha

Vicki, no new snow here. It must all be at Diannes. We had a couple flurries yesterday but didn't amount to much. You wait...it will be a HUGE storm on Thursday and Friday when I have to go shopping finally!

I am still here, in my PJs which is REALLY odd for me, never come downstairs in them...but Izzy had to go out immediately, and she is acting funky. She got into something for sure. She had some pumpkin with her breakfast!! Now I am lazy ..lay down on the couch mode...but as I said, I have a list and gotta move!

I will be back to post more individually later...after I can see.
Debbie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2010
8:06 AM

Post #8267625

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

SusanKC, that is a cute video. It sounds like you had a good time shopping at some interesting places.

Debbie, I am dragging too. Great picture of Bonnie's Boys.

Bonnie, love the tree! I'm glad you are feeling better. Hope things work out for DM's rehab.

Melva, I forgot - the old cast iron skillet right across the head. hehe

Diane your menu sounds yummy.

Vicki, your menu sounds yummy too. Glad it isn't still snowing.

I need to make some soup today and get some gifts wrapped. I feel terribly behind.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2010
8:53 AM

Post #8267673

Good Morning!

Thanks for the new thread Sandy. How is that left arm & hand today?

Kelly - my goodness that's a lot of floor to clean. I'm sure you'll have the place in tip top shape in no time.

Vicki - sounds like a really good menu. I'm thinking of roasting a big chicken between the holidays.

Bonnie - the tree looks gorgeous. Now you said the trip to west coast was 12/19. That's today. Was that a typo & you are really going 12/29 perhaps?

SusanKC - interesting stores. And I love the video - I sent it to Gary. I'm sure he'll get a kick out of it too. Aren't those feet really blue?

Debbie - congratulations on accomplishing such terrific organization. To Do lists need to have some really easy items on 'em you can scratch off as complete. Like breakfast, getting dressed or whatever. Great for the sense of accomplishment for days when that's all that gets accomplished. :-)

I haven't been up since I plopped onto the couch around 8am. (I did feed the cats & let the chickens out. Plus got dressed. Three items marked as DONE for the day.) I read the paper and caught up on the news on line. I guess its time to get moving. We may see a movie. I signed up with Groupon-type website and got a $25 gift card at Fandango for only $10. So I see movies in our future.

Take care & have fun everyone!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #8267751

Tam as long as I remember to more it around some it is fine.

I have been organizing my slides that I need to copy, I have a lot of rose pictures and orchids but mostly pictures taken on trips. Be glad when the new copier gets here and I can start coping the slides.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 19, 2010
1:38 PM

Post #8268019

Corky is fine...go to the doc, Tuesday and I plan to have him write a note to DH re my pain...
Susan, answered you on the old thread.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2010 3:50 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2010
1:39 PM

Post #8268022

Good.

Sandy
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2010
2:41 PM

Post #8268106

Sandy - glad to hear the hand is better.

Elsie - Yes we had fun and only bought lunch and a couple of bricks. Maybe next time. We did get a couple of ideas for projects. DH did see a pen he wanted. It's made out of recycled circuit boards. Looks like this http://gadgetsin.com/recycled-circuit-board-pen.htm

Tammy - Love the blue feet and the whole walk/mannerisms.

Melva - Sometimes the two behaviors tend to go together.

Back from shopping and Home Depot. The carpet transition piece in the family room is broke and has developed into a trip hazard. It's on DH's list of things to replace before the in-laws get her later this week. If you hear blue words from this direction it may be the two us trying to get it cut and put in.

DH is making another batch of chicken tortia soup. Second try. He found a web site that has recepies that are supposed to be similar to what is served specific resturants. Last time the soup was good except for the chunks of hot peppers. He is going to change that this time and also thicken it with a corn flour.

SusanKC

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 19, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #8268196

Thanks for the new thread;o)

Got the laundry mostly done. Kiddos are off for 2 weeks so school clothes can wait to be washed. Floors are mopped - whew! What a job that is. My 17 y o son was responsible for doing the floors every week but he did such a horrible job. I spent extra time moving stuff and really cleaning. I don't think he ever moved a thing to clean under it.

♥ the video SusanKC;o)

Off to see what else I can accomplish for the day...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 19, 2010
6:37 PM

Post #8268390

good night everyone

sandy and Andre
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #8268404

Night!

Kelly - Proably soon. We're thinking about replacing all the carpet in the house with a combination of tile and wood. I'm guessing that it will show the cat and dog hair more.

The DH and I just finished taking apart and putting back together both access panels on the fridge. Seems the drain on the freezer coil plugged up with ice. There is a discussion between DH and I as to if a piece of metal that we found in the drain was there before we opened it up or not. Any how fixing the fridge has been our entertainment for the night.

Sweet dreams everyone!

SusanKC

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 19, 2010
6:58 PM

Post #8268423

Yes, Tammy it is 12/29 - 1/2/11.

Vicki, I missed seeing the picture Debbie posted of The Boys at the beach. Had to go back and find it. Thanks.

It is 8:40 PM where I live and I cannot keep my eyes opened. Dare I go to bed??? I wonder if the antibiotic is causing this effect?

I give up. Head nodding...

Goodnight.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 19, 2010
7:02 PM

Post #8268427

Gosh, I did know the new thread was here, but evidently didn't respond there, so just went and posted on the old one.

Susan, we are also thinking of replacing the carpet with wood. I have the wood in the kitchen/dining area, and love it. It is an Oak, and is just the right color, not too light, not too dark. Since Mr. B is mostly white, it doesn't show the hair that he loses. I only find that with the dust mop or the vacuum. I am worried about the difference in temperatures. Being used to carpet, I am wondering if it will be a big noticable difference in the warmth of the floors. I continually have cold feet, and always have on socks or house shoes.

Around here the words man/kitchen/cooking are not used in the same sentence. All mine knows is "come and get it".
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 20, 2010
5:20 AM

Post #8268748

Good Morning everyone!
Looks like a stormy day to look forward too.
I too have either hardwood or tile throughout my house. I love it!! It's easy to keep clean - when I had wall to wall carpet throughout the house I had 3 Samoyeds. What a fool I was, plus Rogue was allergic to fleas so I had to vaccuum several times a day.
BBL a friend is here, he is home from Jakarta where he is teaching for 2 years.
Dianne

This message was edited Dec 20, 2010 10:46 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
5:28 AM

Post #8268755

Good morning.

Cold here.

I am getting ready for a real trip, so can some one take over the Christmas trip.

Off to pack

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2010
5:54 AM

Post #8268793

Just got a phone call from work. My boss/friends house burned down last night. One of the dogs woke up the GS and he started yelling. Her husband is stabilized in a local hospital. Her and her GS were air lifted out to MPLS. The house is a total loss. They had to tear the walls out to get to the fire. That is all I know at this time.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 20, 2010
5:58 AM

Post #8268801

Oh Vicki I am sooo sorry to hear this news. When you live in a rural area like we do when there is a fire it is 'there for the Grace of God go I'.Sending positive thoughts to you and your friend's family.
Oh my this means your work week is going to be doubly busy - just take it 1 minute at a time, you can do it I know you can.
Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #8268804

Dianne thank you. I am sitting here with tears running down my face. Need to get it out of my system now so I can be a rock at work! Yes we can do it. The other girl and I have already talked about it and we know what we can do. She will keep me updated until I get to work.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
6:06 AM

Post #8268815

Vicki, that is such a shame. I agree with Dianne about living in a rural area. I have heard the fire engine sirens 3 times this weekend and it sends a shiver up my spine. I sure hope the family is okay.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #8268817

Oh Vicki! That poor family.
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
6:25 AM

Post #8268843

So sorry

sandy
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
6:28 AM

Post #8268846

Vicki - Sorry to hear about your friends. I'm glad that they got out and that the dog woke them up. I hope that they get better soon and that the injuries are not too bad. One of our neighbors (eight kids, and one grandchild living with them) lost their house and everything in it to a fire. The DH and I had duplicates of a lot of things when we got married. We put together a bunch of stuff that we had and let them come over and pick out what they wanted. The electric fry pan and chair that her husband took were what started her crying. She said she at least had something to cook dinner with.

BonnieB - There are heating cables that can be install between the subfloor and wood floor/tile. I don't know much about them so if you are interested in them then you might spend some time researching about those type of systems on-line.

Dianne - I was thinking that they would be easier to clean. Everyone in our house is allergic to dust mites so it would be easier on all of us to have less carpet.

Anyone installed their own floors?

SusanKC

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
6:52 AM

Post #8268875

Bonnie, if your body is fighting an infection it can make you tired. Hope you are feeling better today.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 20, 2010
6:55 AM

Post #8268879

Invest in a crowbar if you decide to DIY Susan.It's hard work but made easier when you have a nailing gun. Be prepared to be on your knees for almost all of the job.
When do you leave Sandy? Andre going to Doggie Daycare?
Axel destroyed anything so far this morning? Streak must have eaten a piece of tinsel in the night and then decided to return it. Yuck!Both cats still want to drink out of the tree holder which I think is way weird.
Elsie did you say you were taking today off? Sure hope so!
Kelly how old are your boys? You are lucky a 17 year old would even consider doing the floors. I think the way males clean a floor is a tad different than how we would do it. DH will vaccuum and wash floors but not the way I would do it. Not complaining though at least he is helping.
Tam did you get your workout in this morning?
Debbie what's up in Debbieland today? Getting new snow?
Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2010
6:59 AM

Post #8268887

Dianne they say 3-5 inches for us. Today into tomorrow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #8268899

Good morning,

Vicki, I am so very sorry about your friend. We experienced this last Sunday with our neighbor. We did find out he was already gone when the fire took off, he had had a heart attack in his chair while cooking.

I will keep your friend and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Dianne, no new snow here. Have had a few flurries here and there, but nothing really piling up (yet).

I am trying to finish a few projects in the house and get some cleaning done...but trying to stay afloat. This time of year is just not meant for me, and although I have so much to be thankful for...I sink.
I am in a panic about Thursday, and just don't want to even deal with it.

After all the chaos we dealt with from Sears Portrait the last week...they "sort of" made good with the last set of pictures yesterday...take a look at this face.

Shannon bought a photo session for Britt as a Christmas gift. They had tried to "soak her" for $105! Well, I got ticked, told them all they had put us through this last week...explained it all and they were very apologetic. Shannon ended up getting her pics for $8.00!!

Here is little Kylie...her first Christmas portrait and 7 weeks of age.

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #8268900

One more...

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2010
7:13 AM

Post #8268901

Debbie that little face would brighten up anyones day!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 20, 2010
7:29 AM

Post #8268925

Dianne - yep. I did my strength training routine. My right arm is still giving me grief. I stopped the weights on that side for a while and now do my full circuit with great care and with a lighter weight for the bicep curl, since that is the one that causes the most discomfort.

Cute pic's Debbie! what a profit margin - $105 to $8 and they are still probably making a little at $8.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2010
7:41 AM

Post #8268940

Tam, we had Shanes senior pics done, and they screwed up the order. I had to pay extra to have his "acne" removed from the pics. They printed them without the touch ups. So that was 3 trips to Rochester (for photos, pick up first set...and now go back Wednesday to get corrected set) Then, Shannon & Mike went. Was supposed to cost them $25.00...they did their shots Thursday...told them they didn't have time to view...studio was closing, come back Friday to view! That is 2 more trips...so FIVE. And then on Friday...they took Brittany and the baby...and the dang place did the same thing to them. You have to come back Sunday to view! WELL, I blew a fuse...nicely...but they knew it wasn't going to end nicely if they didn't do something to correct this. I wrote it out for them...so she could follow my "hour trips one way" to their studio. And our appts. were at times we could have time to see...but they over booked, which cut their time short. I know, I am babbling and it is confusing. BUT...they gave us the discount as I was going to head management and still might.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 20, 2010
7:44 AM

Post #8268943

Will keep all updates on the prayer thread I started.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
7:51 AM

Post #8268953

Debbie, you should go to the management.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2010
8:06 AM

Post #8268989

Good morning - Monday, ugh!!

Vicki, I am very sorry to hear about your boss/friend and their home. I'm glad everyone got out though. Will check out your prayer thread after this...

Someone asked about installing floors? DH and my FIL did all the tile in our house a few years back. They are by no means professionals but did an excellent job. A couple spots are off if you know where to look but I'm OK with that;o) It was hard/time-consuming but a big $$$ saver to DIY. Living in the desert (think sand/dirt) things get dusty fast, even in the house wih the kids and pups gragging dirt in. If I had carpet it would be a dust magnet.

Dianne - my boys are 17, 11 and 9... The teen didn't really have a choice - lol. All my boys have chores. The little ones are way better at their chores than the teen. He's a bit lazy. I think that comes with being a teen boy. I never remember being lazy like that but my Mom may beg to differ;o) I had a job by choice when I was 16. These days kids want it all handed to them. DH told Joseph if he wanted to drive and have these clothes and these shoes guess what - you better get a J O B. He is a waiter PT at a restaurant called Souper Salad. He seems to like it and hopefully it will help teach him some responsibility.

Deb, sorry you had all the hassle for the pics, but Kylie is sure a cutie!!

Hi Tam, Sandy, Bonnie, Bonnie B, elsie, melva, sarge and whoever I missed;o)

SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
9:17 AM

Post #8269070

Kelly - I've heard that about the dust in the desert areas. Did they take a class on how to tile or just figure it out on their own?

Dianne - We have the crowbar but not a nailing gun. I'm not sure we have the stick with it to get through the whole project.

Debbie - Nice price on the photos and good job negotiating for the trouble factor.

Vicki - More snow. Seems like you have had a lot already. Maybe it will pass over an land someplace else.

Have a number of things going on today. In-laws are coming over for Christmas day so we're house cleaning. Carpets need steam cleaning plus we have some general projects that need to get completed. Cats were in for checkups. Sarah has lost about a pound. Blood work came back and it's good. She's headed for extra doses of treats until she puts the weight back on.

SusanKC

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #8269131

No classes - they both work in concrete/construction so I guess figured it out by seeing it done;o) It doesn't look that difficult but of course it wasn't me doing it either - lol...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
10:26 AM

Post #8269143

Hi y'all We leave on Wed. Morning. Andre goes to the kennel tomorrow morning.

Sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
10:39 AM

Post #8269161

Back from the ortho, and the cast is off. I am a free woman, of course I got the don't lift anything heavy, baby it a bit, and a follow up visit in 3 weeks.

Vicki, I am so sorry about your boss/friend. Seems this time of year, you just hear of more fires, don't know if people overload circuits with the Christmas lights, or get careless with wood or coal heat. Anyway no time is a good time for that to happen, but seems so much worse at Chrsitmas. Although the up side of that, since people are in a giving mood, maybe they will be showered with many things to start again.

Our weather prediction is snow tonight and tomorrow, plus on Thursday sleet and freezing rain, with more snow on the heels of that. I am so tired of winter, and it isn't even winter yet.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 20, 2010
11:35 AM

Post #8269235

Debbie - that is one beautiful baby!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
12:37 PM

Post #8269330

Debbie, I forgot to mention how cute she is too.

I did a little shopping today. On the way there an ambulance is quickly aproaching. Moron in the car pulls out of a gas station and almost hits me just as the ambulance goes around her. On my way back there were sirens galore. It was a three vehicle accident. I didn't see it but saw all of the emergency vehicles.

Drive carefully!

I didn't feel so great yesterday. I had some chocolate and felt so much better. I'm guessing it was a chocolate deficiency.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
12:46 PM

Post #8269339

Elsie LOL

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 20, 2010
12:57 PM

Post #8269363

Now Elsie, you are so right...chocolate has calcium and lethicin...the body REALLY needs it. And I am sure antioxidants and flavanoids of some sort beneficial.

I must put Lindt truffles on my shopping list to prevent deficiency.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 20, 2010
1:58 PM

Post #8269465

Whew! Got a box of See's candy in the mail today from one of my brokers... Glad to know all that chocolate is GOOD for me!
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
2:30 PM

Post #8269505

Kylie looks very pretty. It's a shame, though that no one pulled her dress down snugly to her shoulders. Part of her face is covered up. I guess I notice things like that since photography is a hobby. The photographer certainly should have noticed though. It's still sweet.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 20, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #8269810

Debbie, I too was lax in telling you how sweet Kylie is. I noticed the dress too, but with the hassle you had getting ANY photos, it probably is beside the point.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 20, 2010
6:23 PM

Post #8269835

Debbie little Kylie is a doll.

Sandy and Andre

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 21, 2010
12:05 AM

Post #8270130

Good morning everyone! Weird weather here...after a deep freeze and snow, it's getting warm today so everything will be melting and this is how is going to be on Christmas too. Andreea is going to get Nicholas' passport today, so I'm babysitting again. He's getting used to me, so it won't be a problem. The other night when I slept with him he just woke up once at 4:30, but I told him a story and he went back to sleep. If you want to know, I told him about Cinderella!LOL He was asleep when the kids came home at 5:00. Last night we watched "Snow white" and he loved it... until he was asleep!LOL I need to remember all those stories again!

Vicki, what a terrible news about your boss and friend! Poor people...such a tragedy! Thank God no one was hurt! I'll be keeping them in my prayers too...going to find your prayer thread.

Debbie, little Kylie is so beautiful! I remember going out in pjs when we had Boss. At least you just go out on the stairs, but we had to take the elevator and go down 8 floors!

Elsie, thank you for the link to the booties. I'm fighting Andreea to dress the baby with warmer clothes inside th ehouse. It's warm, but not so warm as in their apartment and she wants to keep him with the same clothes, but she agrees to put a vest and a pair of socks on him when he sneezes. How are you feeling today?

Kelly, I understand you so well about a teenager moping the floors. My DS always wants to vacuum and mope the floors in his bedroom, but I need to do that at least once a month, to clean well everything .

Bonnie, love your Christmas tree! Rest as much as you can and get well soon! Do you still have antibiotics to take?

SusanKC, wow, you're going to have a wonderful Christmas with guests around! Glad Sarah is well and is getting more treats! Are you going to get the floors fixed until then?

Dianne, Warren is too nice to help you with vacuuming and moping and you're smart not saying anything!LOL I had a friend who always told everyone how well her DH did everything, better than she would have done it...so he kept on doing everything!LOL

BonnieB, hurray for getting rid of the cast!!! Now you don't start doing things, just rest until it's completely healed!

Tam, the blue footed boobie for Gary is too cute! What did he do with it?

Melva, how are you today?

Sandy, thanks for starting this thread and the other threads too!

Posting a picture with Gavrila and Buck, a few days ago, in a freezing morning.

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 21, 2010
12:06 AM

Post #8270131

Momma dog wouldn't even come out of the dog house!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 21, 2010
12:07 AM

Post #8270132

The water in their bowl was forzen, so I brought hot water to thaw it.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2010
3:57 AM

Post #8270219

Aw Adina you are such a good person to take care of these adorable dogs.Really likes the pics of the dogs in the cold. I know Stormy is getting older (he is 10 now) because he asks to come in on cold days and even lays right in front of the wood stove.
Going to make Buckeyes today - thanks BonnieB for the recipe.What's not to like - peanut butter and chocolate. Yum!
Bonnie I hope you are taking good care of yourself - you are going to need alot of energy to keep up with your 2 grands while in Cali. What fun for the 3 of you!
Vicki are you pretty much living at work this week? You don't mind putting in the extra hours when something tragic occurs to a workmate.Hope Renee is doing better today.
Need more coffee.
Dianne
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2010
5:34 AM

Post #8270321

Adina - Puppies are looking good. Glad that Nickolas is doing great.

BonnieB - Yahoo on getting the cast off! That will make for a more comfortable christmas.

A friend sent me a link to the following video digital nativity. The DH and I thought it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkHNNPM7pJA

One of our neighbors has a christmas tree hanging upside down off of her ceiling in her front room. It's very cute. The tree topper (or bottomer) is a tassel.

SusanKC

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
5:44 AM

Post #8270340

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
7:43 AM

Post #8270553

MY CHAIR BROKE!! DARN IT.

Oh well will have to look for a new one after we get back.

Sandy And Andre who is at the kennel
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
9:22 AM

Post #8270669

Adina, I love those photos of your doggie family. I echo Dianne's sentiments. Those pups are so fortunate to have found you.

Sandy I hope you weren't hurt!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
10:19 AM

Post #8270750

Thanks no but am now uncomfortable as it was the set support.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
10:42 AM

Post #8270770

Howdy!

Congratulations on losing the cast BonnieB!

Sandy - sorry to hear your favorite chair broke.

Adina - what a terrific mother & grandmother you are. And friend to those dogs too. :-)

Oh...gotta run.
BBL
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
11:59 AM

Post #8270921

Just a reminder that I will not be on here tomorrow. If it is not to late I will report back in tomorrow night.

sandy
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 21, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #8270922

Safe travels Sandy!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
12:12 PM

Post #8270954

Sandy are you still going to your sisters for Christmas?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #8270958

Dianne thanks

Debbie yes we leave 5am in the morning-DM is not happy about that. LOL

sandy

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
12:38 PM

Post #8270989

Have a safe trip Sandy! And have fun;o)

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
12:59 PM

Post #8271023

Safe trip--fun not. I will be freezing my rump off. My sister keeps the house at around 64.
I am taking my laptop, kindle and crocheting. So maybe I will not be climbing the walls in 2 days.

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
1:01 PM

Post #8271025

Or burying bodies from ticking you off!

Safe travels...take an extra blanket

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #8271031

Oh I forgot your sister was an ice princess - ROTFLOL!

Yep, extra blankets would be good.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
1:41 PM

Post #8271086

Debbie, you crack me up.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
1:50 PM

Post #8271096

I seem to lost the thread sorry ladies , i did a clean up on my computer and it cleaned out every thing ? unusually i lost my book marks an all LOL but hay the computer is running much faster now .

Sarge

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
2:03 PM

Post #8271113

Im glad I can be of service. Free of charge!

Check out the innocents...

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2010
2:28 PM

Post #8271159

Debbie, he sort of looks pink, too much Santa hat playing?
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
2:44 PM

Post #8271180

Awwww...what a little innocent angel he is. ;->

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #8271192

I think he looks pink because he ate my flamingo Christmas ornament. hehehe OK, so he didn't really...it is the reflection of light from the stocking above him...and the one he is laying under.

He was in everything...and fell asleep just like this with the bow framing his face.

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
2:51 PM

Post #8271198

I just love him. Look how cute he is. I wish he could come live with me. (Sigh)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
2:57 PM

Post #8271208

We found out to slow him down a little...

sort of a straight jacket...fits the "big boys" as PJs...but we can tie the arms together for a straight jacket on Axl. hehe NOT that we would...we just could...if we needed too.

Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
3:03 PM

Post #8271218

ROTFLMBO now that is funny good job Debbie !! ;)

Sarge
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
3:04 PM

Post #8271220

Right. Sure. The photo is just for demonstration purposes, eh?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
3:07 PM

Post #8271222

Yes!!! I have come close a few times. But DM would be unhappy if I killed them.

Sarge glad you found us again.

waving at everyone

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
3:10 PM

Post #8271226

Debbie such a cute little angle!!!!! Running for cover!!1

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #8271229

I was thinking the same thing - pinkish looking.

Adina, love the pictures. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

BonnieB, congrats on losing the cast. They are a royal PIA.

Tammy, how did the birthday dinner go? I feel like I missed something.

Bonnie, are you still feeling better each day - I hope so.

Vicki, I hope work isn't too, too crazy.

Sandy, safe travels tomorrow.

SusanKC, that video is wonderful!

Did you hear a big sigh of relief as I turned into my road? Yikes I'm glad to be home.

Lots of people made sweets at work. Very yummy - need to stay away.

Our boss is in the hospital -he had another toe amputated due to diabetes. They think he may have had a heart attack. The day we had our holiday party he was not well at all. He is the worst patient - my heart goes out to his wife.

I bought myself a new pair of windshield wipers for Christmas. It wasn't on the list but they had to be replaced.
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #8271258

I don't believe for a minute that Axle is in a sweet slumber. Nope, betcha a wooden nickle that he's busy dreaming up what to do next!!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
3:58 PM

Post #8271316

He has visions of tuna cans dancing in his head...

Here is he whispering his Christmas list into Izzys ear...
They are scheming.

NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
4:05 PM

Post #8271332

Evil mastermind at work.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
4:15 PM

Post #8271348

Elsie - We had a nice dinner. Of course we all ate too much but it was soooo good. I had pork bbq, shrimp, a so-so baked crab cake, green beans and some other stuff. I had to settle on just two desserts - chocolate cake & chocolate eclair (its a dish with graham cracker crust, a pudding-like layer with a thinish layer of chocate on top. YUM.

I sure am having trouble with the diet - got a bag of cinnamon cracker/cookies and polished them off in 3 days. I'm having roasted brussels sprouts & broccoli for dinner as penance. (I thought I'd like the brussel sprouts better than I did. Good thing I didn't buy too many.)

Sandy - have a safe trip!

Debbie - Axel is simply an angel.

~~~ to everyone else.
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
4:16 PM

Post #8271355

Oh Debbie - I cross posted with you. That's a great shot!!!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
4:18 PM

Post #8271359

Tammy, would you believe brussell sprouts are my favorite veggie. Steam them with a tiny bit of butter and ohhh so good. I am the only one in the family that likes them. The same with lima beans.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 21, 2010
4:20 PM

Post #8271364

I didn't hate them. But I sure do prefer roasted cauliflower. I'm simply addicted to it. Soooo good with a little lemon juice squeezed on.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
4:29 PM

Post #8271385

Ok, how do you roast cauliflower? Cut up/clean...drizzel?
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
4:31 PM

Post #8271390

I like brussel sprouts too...never have to fight anyone for them that's for sure...

Cauliflower sounds good roasted...
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
4:37 PM

Post #8271404

I'll send you mine ..or at least the girls .. cause I hate them LOL

Sarge

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
4:45 PM

Post #8271415

I love them to
Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
4:52 PM

Post #8271426

(smiling) and what is your opinion on chicken gizzards? Doused in flour and fried up. lol
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 21, 2010
4:56 PM

Post #8271433

likes the Gizzards and livers like that ... no limas , beets , brussels , LOL

Sarge
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #8271434

Not loving the gizzards (too chewy)...but do love chicken livers...
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #8271437

yeah, I am with you on the limas...bleck...when I was a kid we used to have them a lot (my Dad loves them) and I used to take them like pills...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 21, 2010
4:59 PM

Post #8271443

Love liver, if Limas are cooked right they are good. I love most kinds of beans.

I need to shut down tonight.

Will try to get on tomorrow night

Sandy
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
5:03 PM

Post #8271451

Yes, I must go home...clearly has been a slow day here at work. :-) (Am craving fried chicken livers now though!)
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2010
6:13 PM

Post #8271572

Sandy - Have a good trip. Layer clothing and woolen socks will help.

Tammy - Have yet to find a way to make brussel sprouts that I can stand to eat. Eat cabbage so I would think that brussel sprouts would not be much different. How do you roast the cauliflower

Elsie -Glad you liked the video. Funny because that's about how it would be done now.

Safe traveling for everyone!

SusanKC
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 21, 2010
7:09 PM

Post #8271664

Debbie, Axel and Izzy sure are cooking up something. If I were you, I wouldn't turn my back on them in the next few days!!

On food, fried chicken livers yum, I like brussel sprouts and cauliflower and lima beans. There is not much I don't like, but to name a couple, hominey and grits. Yuck. DH likes both, and I will cook it for him, but don't pass it to me at the table!! There is a better, healthier way to do the chicken livers, and they are not as fattening. I roll them in seasoned flour, salt and pepper, and put them on a broiler pan, and bake them. The pan will let any grease/oil drip through, and they are much more healthy. But, you can't have chicken livers without mashed potatoes and cream gravy, and I have not found a way to make them less fattening!

Someone on another thread said that they had made friends with their fat, well not me I fight it every day.

Tammy, yes tell us about the roasted cauliflower. Sounds good. I usually just steam it, and add just a bit of butter.

Sandy have fun on your trip, and take along some warm clothes.

elsie, I laughed about the windshield wipers, but what an interesting gift! When you need them you need them.

Debbie, I will call the ASPCA if I ever hear of the sleeves on the pjs tied. LOL, I bet you have seriously thought about doing it. I had my first Jack Russell, and I would have gladly put her in a straight jacket. That dog was a brat, always into something. If you missed her, you had better leave your favorite chair to see what she was in to. Because it was a given, she was into something. I have so many stories about things she did, and the mischief she caused, and the downright destruction. Compared to Andre, Missy was the demon child and Andre the angel.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
7:29 PM

Post #8271696

I ♥ pretty much all veggies, except turnips (taste like dirt - lol) and cream style corn. Brussel Sprouts depends on how they are cooked. And I'm not big on beets, though I love love love beet greens;o)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 21, 2010
7:33 PM

Post #8271701

Oh Bonnie, I am with you on hominey...OMG, right up there with cottage cheese. I can't even have it near me on the table.

Now, I only like chicken gizzards...not the livers. Imagine that! And I have to cook them in a cast iron skillet. But I could give a try baking them...might get rid of some of that toughness.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 21, 2010
7:35 PM

Post #8271703

Oh I like grits with vream and a dash of sugar and hominy! We make a lot of Mexican dishes here and hominy is a standby;o)
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 21, 2010
10:02 PM

Post #8271842

Chiming in belatedly on grits...love 'em...especially with cheese...

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
5:17 AM

Post #8272122

Lee, I do also! I love regular grits with eggs over easy, and I mix them together.

My funniest thing a few months ago, taking my son to Cracker Barrell for breakfast, and grits came with his order. hehehe He has seen me eat them millions of times, but he has never been brave enough to try.

Well, the waitress coerced him into trying...OMG, his face, and he ran for the bathroom. We both laughed so hard!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
5:34 AM

Post #8272144

Funny Deb - my kids like them;o)
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #8272223

Like grits only in scrapple. Not real big on white field corn or okra. Like lima and beets. New veggie/fruit trys this year were pea greens and some kind of Asian fruit whose name escapes me right now. Has a very tart inside with edible seeds.

Took the Christmas gifts over to the neighbors last night. We finally found a gift for the 2 year old. Didn't realize how hard it was going to be to find an educational toy where the age group begins at two rather than ends at two. Most everything that we thought he would like was appropriate for age three. The gift was a big hit. His dad says he has been playing with it whenever they run across one so looks like we lucked out with the choice. The two year old picked it up right away and started playing with it. Has alphabet, numbers, sounds, musical notes, etc. on it.

Didn't feel like baking this year so everyone else got a can of archers hot chocolate.
More carpet cleaning today. The DH is off tomorrow so he can help with the carpet cleaning in the family room. More furniture to move in the family room than elsewhere.

SusanKC

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #8272233

Susan, was it Kiwi? My kids eat that like crazy. Little green lemon size fruits, you peel...and yes, edible seeds inside. They are very big in fruitsalads up here.
lovemyhouse
(Debra) Garland, TX

December 22, 2010
7:09 AM

Post #8272250

Just popping up to say, "Hi Sandy and Andre!" Hope you are having a great week.

Debra

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
7:55 AM

Post #8272294

How fun my post about Brussel Sprouts resulted in so much discussion on foods. Personally, I don't like any kinds of livers or gizzards. But then, I thought I didn't like sweet potatoes or yams and now I make them fairly often. I can eat grits but, like polenta, they don't seem to have enough flavor to be of much interest. I guess they are like mashed potatoes - good to carry the flavors of surrounding meats & gravies?

Roasted cauliflower: wash and cut into bite size pieces. Toss in a little olive oil & salt and spread on a roasting pan (one layer deep). Put in a hot oven (usually around 400deg but it works anywhere fro 375 up to 425degF). Every so often, check on them & flip over (maybe after 10min and then more often as they get browned). When they have browned on most of the peices, take out of the oven and squeeze lemon juice on top (this is optional but makes 'em for me). You can also grate a little Parmesan cheese on 'em. I roast 2 heads at one time and then eat the left overs for a couple days. (I can eat a whole head in one sitting but they are too expensive to do that often!)

I roast sweet potatoes in a similar manner but add a touch of honey at the end. They are also good with chopped red pepper mixed in. I figure that adds a lot of nutrients and you hardly even notice the red peppers.

SusanKC - scrapple 'eh? Never was able to coax myself into trying it. Though its quite popular around here & in the nearby Phila area.

I got in a thorough workout this morning. I had hit the snooze button twice but got up after the second time before it went off again. I almost crawled back into bed but talked myself into the exercise. Some days its easy and some days it takes a little extra will power.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2010
7:58 AM

Post #8272297

A little Tam. For me it would be a lot! LOL

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
8:01 AM

Post #8272304

oh yeah! I know - its getting a little easier but some days it takes everything in me to get going. And even then, I've quit in the middle a few times. I know some people say its fun and they get that high ... well, not so much for me.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 22, 2010
8:10 AM

Post #8272323

My high would be from working out and falling on the ground looking at the sky!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
8:11 AM

Post #8272324

I have NO idea what scrapple is...not sure if I want to know.

My husband sends me over the edge with his keishka...OMG, that stuff smells so horrible and can clear the house. My son now likes it, but I can't even cook it. It is a from of ground pig snout. No thank you!

OK, I am off to get MY Christmas gift to myself...hair trimmed and possible hair color. Depends what I find. My normal hairstylist is off...so trying a person...now I am very NERVOUS!

Be back later...I get to play "squish the baby" this afternoon with Kylie.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
8:21 AM

Post #8272335

Debbie - I bet your DH & DS would like scrapple. (although it does have grits in it too so maybe not). I heard someone created a vegetarian version of scrapple. I would try that. I'm much more adventurous about trying fruits and vegetables than meats & such.

Vicki LOL

Tam

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
8:23 AM

Post #8272340

Oh I've heard of scrapple though I can't quite remember what it is, except that I won't eat it - lol.

Good luck with the new stylist Deb;o) And have fun baby squishing!

Tam, try grits with a dash of butter, a dash of sugar and a bit of milk/cream. I can eat them that way all day;o)

I used to religiously use the treadmill several times a week. Now I can't seem to find the time but sure need to!
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2010
8:29 AM

Post #8272353

Tammy Ė I think I need to start reading longer into the paragraph before analysis. I thought you meant that you got a workout hitting the snooze button and the read further to see you meant your normal morning routine. I think the DH gets that high only after running a marathon or possibly a 10K. Thanks for the recipe. We put sweet potatoes in about everything that most people use potatoes in: veggies in Roast Beef, split pea soup, etc. Only scrapple that Iíve had is what my dad used to make at home. Iím guessing that he used ground pork instead of the traditional scrapple meat.

Debbie ĖI had to go look what we had up on the web. Itís called passion fruit. We eat kiwi all the time. Love it. Iím not sure if it is off of the passion vine or not. Iíll have to go look and see if they are the same thing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passiflora_edulis Whatís kishka?

Blood sausage cooking is what I can't get pass the smell. I don;t even want to think about what the taste is when it smells that bad cooking. Another challenge is head cheese. Although I have eaten some that was good.

Kelly - Same here on the religously worked out. Have no excuses for lack of time but still not finding it.

SusanKC

SusanKC
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
8:55 AM

Post #8272383

Blood sausage, Scrapple, keishka...blachhhh!!! I don't even want to know what these are made from. I don't eat much meat anyway. Mostly a grazzer 4 - 6 times a day I'll eat some fresh vegies or fruit, oatmeal and egg once in a while. My weakness is cinnamon raisin bread...well nearly any kind of bread. LOL I should just rub it on my hips cause that is right where it goes!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
9:46 AM

Post #8272428

Oh Sherri - I love cinnamon raisin bread w/butter on it. Yum! I've almost eliminated bread from my diet. Will probably add a little back in after I get to my goal weight.

I looked up Kishka - its a jewish traditional dish. Kinda like sausage in intestines. And I'm not able to get head cheese into my mouth either.

Debbie - do let us know how you like the new do! And have fun w/the baby. :-)

I've got about 1.5" of my natural color grown in and have an appointment to get my hair cut in about a month. I plan to have it cut short. The owner of the salon suggested I have just a little color added to my roots to match the color of the ends. As a way to transition. I'm not sure I want to do anything more but am considering it if it starts looking really awful with the clear demarcation between natural (lots of grey & a darker brown/not as red) and the dyed portion (a light golden brown).

Tam
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 22, 2010
10:34 AM

Post #8272498

If you haven't seen these and want to get a chuckle, you should check out this website. They also have a pet photo section which is great.

http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
11:48 AM

Post #8272599

Ok, I am back. Wow, My hair is short (for me).

And I got busted! Now Fran thinks I am cheating on him. lol Vanessa was doing my hair, and in walks Fran..."what are you doing here Deb?" BUSTED! I told him I had an emergency and he wasn't working...which is true...I couldn't come tomorrow when he had an opening. lol

OK...here you go...

Before

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
11:50 AM

Post #8272600

And the after shot...

at least 5 inches shorter in the back...and about 4 in the front

And an all new color

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2010
11:55 AM

Post #8272608

hi y'all I am safely here, no thanks to that stupid GPS.
Tired need to rest back later.

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2010
11:56 AM

Post #8272609

Debbie very, very nice
Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
11:57 AM

Post #8272610

Thank you Sandy, glad you arrived safely...

and what did I tell you about the GPS? They are horrid little things! lol

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 22, 2010
12:00 PM

Post #8272612

LOL at least it had a mute button!!!

Sandy
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 22, 2010
12:11 PM

Post #8272623

Very pretty Debbie.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2010
12:30 PM

Post #8272635

Well I have never met veggie that I didn't like once I got into my teens. When I was younger I would only eat raw veggies - made for quite a sight at the dinner table with me chomping on raw spuds and turnip while every one else had them mashed. Never had grits, hominy or scrapple but would ggive it try. Love chicken gizzards and liver draw the line at the pope's nose though.Head cheese is something I just cannot get passed my lips - the idea of all that gelatin in my mouth makes me gag just thinking about it.
A friend of ours who is teaching in Indonesia was here today to help DH cut some wood. He said it is the first he has been warm since he arrived back here on Dec 19. lol He was talking about how things are not refrigerated there and he cannot even think about drinking a glass of milk, plus none of the meat is refrigerated in the stores. Ugh... I would have trouble eating meat too if the smell was as bad as he says in the stores.He definitely wants to take back as much Old and Extra Old cheese as he can as their cheese is nothing like ours. He has been able to do alot of travelling as airflights are so much cheaper since he is so close to Bali, Singapore, Hanoi and the list goes on and on.
Only 2 more nights before the big guy comes ... who is ready? Kelly I think you, Sarge and Debbie are the only ones with kids but I have a 61 year old here who is pretty excited too.
Vicki how are you hanging in there? What time will the store close on Christmas Eve Day?
Well Streak has decided he prefers tinsel to his cat food... darn, of course he only nibbles when we are not in the room.
Loved the pic of Axel whispering in Izzy's ear... maybe he thinks she has a bit of pull with Santa Claws.
BBL
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2010
12:31 PM

Post #8272637

Very nice Debbie, I like it!

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
1:08 PM

Post #8272680

Deb, I so ♥ the new hairdo!! That color makes your blue eyes stand out;o) Maybe you ought to cheat on Fran more often - lol...

Glad you made it Sandy! Hope you packed those extra blankets we told you about.

Hi Lee!

From what I know Dianne, Indonesia is very, shall I say, primitive... I bet your friend is enjoying the time back in the states. How long is he in Indonesia for? Good he gets to travel some too. When I was in college I spent my Junior year living and going to school in Ireland. Did a lot of traveling since once you're in Europe, it's pretty cheap to skip around. Except to the Scandanavian countries - didn't have the funds or the time for them though I someday would ♥ to visit Sweden!

I'm as ready for Christmas as I'm gonna be - lol... Still have to pick up movie tickets for my nephews but other than that I think (hope) I'm done with the shopping. My family all lives out of state so have to have that done in time to mail and get the gifts there before Christmas;o) I'm making a ham for Christmas. I really don't like ham all that much but DH likes it at Christmas, so I guess I can oblige him this one day...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2010
3:42 PM

Post #8272842

Interesting talk about veggies and odd foods. Scrapple is "everything but the oink" with grains. I don't know if I have ever had it but I've seen it in the stores. It's a PA Dutch food. I've never had grits. Bonnie had them on the ship - I should have tried them. Next time. hehe

Debbie, love the new do - color and cut. I agree - your eyes just pop.

Dianne, the food where your friend is visiting sounds not so great.

Tammy, I had meant to tell you that there are glazes you can use on your hair that add some color. The ones I have used are like a conditioner to use in the shower. I know they have them in the salons and those are probably expensive. I think John Frieda has one. http://www.oprah.com/style/Whats-the-Difference-Between-Hair-Gloss-and-Hair-Glaze

Another long day at work. Can't wait for the end of work tomorrow.

For anyone who subscribes to a magazine - be careful. There have been numerous "agencies" out there ready to take your money and you end up with nothing. You can subscribe to magazines almost anywhere - DON'T DO IT. Always subscribe from their website or the phone number in the front of the magazine.

The new thing they are doing is putting something in the fine print stating that they can use your payment information to renew your subscription. I had a call from a customer who's subscription expired in 2009. she got a letter stating her subscription would automatically renew unless she contacted this company. They had her bank and last 4 digits of her checking account number in the letter. Needless to say we cancelled her renewal. We have not been able to contact the company who sent the letter out. I don't know if they are doing this with credit cards. Be careful. I'm getting down from my soapbox.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
4:00 PM

Post #8272874

I was hit with two of the mags from a site they sent me 2 mags each then a bill for each for 45.00 each i sent the thing back canceled and in bold letters i did not order it twice the sent me a few threatening letters with billsand how they were going to send it to my credit recovery and it would effect my life and so on .

so I had my lawyer send them one in return real nice like with their bill attached to it and a few Codes along with it and what would follow if it was not Cleared up ! Two days later he called and stated he had received a letter and A call from their President and CEO Both that it was taken care of and there should be no further issues with me or Him . I was ROTF !

Sarge

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 22, 2010
4:23 PM

Post #8272903

Glad you got that taken care of Sarge!

Elsie - I have some temporary color I will use if I need to go on a business trip before this all gets settled out. And that is a really good warning on the magazine thing. I actually got a magazine renewed that I don't remember ordering or paying for... I looked it up and couldn't figure out who did pay for it. I suspect another mag went under and they transfered the leftover time to another mag? Anyhoo... I'm off for the rest of the year!

Debbie - love the cut & color! It looks very sophisticated too. I am so jealous of those gorgeous baby blues of yours too! :-)

Dianne - all set! I got the last of my gifts delivered today. (I ordered some cosmetics for my DSIL - 12/;9 and they just arrived today! I was getting worried). So its now all wrapped. All my gifts are organized in shopping bags so I can just pull out the ones I need at each stop. I leave tomorrow and visit Mom. Then Fri afternoon I pick up my dad and we drive to Pitts to visit my brother & his family. We come back on Mon and I'll have lunch with my friends from high school Tues. I plan to head home again on Wed. How's that for a data dump? :-)

Kelly - you can make some nice meals with leftovers from the ham. I love cabbage & ham. Bonnie has a recipe for it. That time in Europe sounds terrific!

Lee - I saw a blurb about that website on CBS news Sun. They said they are making a movie based on the idea. Can't quite imagine what that would be like!

Tam
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 22, 2010
5:30 PM

Post #8272963

I'm bummed and need an attorney big time, but can't afford one. Two weeks ago I got a ticket for going 82 in a 65mph zone + cited for license plate frame that obscured part of the state name. I was on the way to the VA hosp (45 mi awsay) and was running late.
Today I gto busted again. The trooper was very nice and dropped a 65 in a 45 down to 54 in 45.
My court dates are 2 days apart in February and in different counties.
I so wish I knew a lawyer. Hopefully my clean driving record of many years will help...

Sheri...went that a way! Zoom

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
6:34 PM

Post #8273078

Sheri, do you guys have the option in NC to attend driving school to wipe a ticket? Here you can attend once every two years. It's cheaper to pay for the class than the ticket and it doesn't go on your record. If that's an option you'd have one instead of two. Another thing here is most of the time the cops don't even show up for the hearing. A lot of times you can go and plead not guilty and get it dismissed. Wish I know a good lawyer in NC for you;o)

Tam, Europe was so awesome and I loved most every minut eof it, except the bombings - lol. I was there from August 1991 until the summer of 1992. That is when all the IRA (Irish Republican Army) was bombing places in Ireland but mostly London. Many many times we got on the Underground (the tube) and got halted or turned around due to bombs or threats. The day I arrived in London I took a coach (bus) from Heathrow to Victoria Station in central London and the station had just been bombed - half of it was no longer there. But we were young and pretty fearless. Travelled to Northern Ireland even though we were warned not to. Found out they ♥ Americans, but it was a little creepy with the military and guns of the IRA all over the place. I'd go back in a heartbeat!! My Dad is Irish and I actually have distant relatives there, though I never did track one down to meet them.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2010
6:35 PM

Post #8273080

Well my DH got quite a giggle out of my last post - it appears I shaved 8.5 years off of his actual age.LOL he is still a big kid when it comes to Christmas and is up at the crack of dawn to open his stocking. Since we are childless orphans with both of our mothers passing last year the only people I buy for are my 2 nephews who are in their 40's. Their presents have to be mailed so that is taken care of already.
Kelly I have an excellent recipe for HamLoaf if you have bits and pieces left over you want to use up - it has to be ground, I use my food processor to do it.
Our friend is in Indonesia for 2 years but seems to get alot of holidays at this international school he is working at there. I worry about him as he is as thin as a rail to begin with and with the poor quality of food he has come back even thinner. Meals out are somewhat suspect he says and are very expensive. A bottle of beer is $13.30 American and that is the cheapest beer you can buy. Guess he won't be doing alot of drinking while he is there.
Elsie is tomorrow your last day of work? Somehow I thought that it was, I sure hope so.Thank you for thee warning I was surprised when I got a mag in the mail that I had not ordered, 1 phone call took care of that but what if it was an elderly person who isn't aware of these thieves?
BonnieB how does the hand feel without the cast? Mr B behaving himself at night now? My 2 are a little nuts because it is the full moon and someone has moved in across the lake and leaves their barking dog out ALL night. Think I will be tracking down who this person is and will have a wee chat.
And on that note the 2 dogs are here with their leashes in their mouths so it is time for last call.
Dianne

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
6:39 PM

Post #8273088

I'd love the recipe when you have time Dianne. It's a large ham so will be plenty of leftovers. My DFIL bought me a beautiful Cuisinart food processor for Christmas last year that I am ashamed to day I have used once. Need to use it more...

Hopefully your friend can bring back some goodies with him. How is the climate there? I wonder if he could bring seeds and have a garden? That's what I'd do;o)
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 22, 2010
6:47 PM

Post #8273099

I'll fish it out for you Kelly in the morning. We just had Ham Loaf tonight for dinner. We make extras and feeze them in the foil tins so it is a quick easy dinner when you are pushed for time. Once you start using your Cuisinart you will love it, I sure love mine. In fact this is my second Cuisinart, my first one lasted 25 years.
Love to go to Ireland. A friend's DD and brand new SIL went there on their honeymoon this summer and had a ball. Musta been pretty scary with the bombings though. But you are right when you are young you think what they hey nothing will happen to me. I have a boy in my Grade 8 class in the early 70's who just had emmigrated to Canada from Ireland that summer. One day there was a huge explosion in the school and this poor kid started to scream "Hit the deck, hit the deck!" and hid under his desk. It really gave me a first hand view of how jumpy and scared the people must of been there during that time.
Hope you have good travelling weather Tam. Glad you arrived safely Sandy. Are you missing the brat already?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2010
7:26 PM

Post #8273147

Gosh, I have been busy today, and just now getting here. We had a communion service at church tonight, and everybody brought some of their baked goods that they had made for Christmas, and what a sugar overload there will be at many homes tonight.

This talk about Ireland has sort of piqued my interest. About 5 years ago my twin sister had an opportunity to visit Scotland, and we had always been told that we were Scot/Irish and Dutch. Well she had a chance encounter in a pub in Scotland one night, BTW pubs are the restaurants too, and struck up a conversation with a native, and it turns out he had the same surname. So they have been corresponding and have found that we have family ties. Now, how is that for some family search history, just about landing in her lap? I would love to go as she brought back many pictures, and legal souveniers, and some contraband too. She sneaked me some seeds from there. I will not go into the elaborate way that she (and others in her group) managed to get the seeds through customs and into the country. But I do have some authentic heather from there!

Debbie, I do have to say that the hair cut and color are very becoming to you. I am needing to make a decision about what to do with my hair. I have let it go natural, and have much gray, but the natural color of my hair and the gray just make me look washed out. So I think that one of the things I will do for myself in the new year is to go to a good salon and see what is recommended for it.

Kelly, we love ham salad, with leftovers from the ham. I save bits and freeze them and use them to season green beans, and northern and pinto beans. Of course use it to season bean soups too. I have never made a ham loaf but it does sound good.

Elsie, thanks for the info on the magazine scam. Too late for me, as I got a notice that my subscription was running out for a certain magazine that we subscribe to, and I sent in the renewal. Weeks later, got another notice, and informed them I had already renewed, well, many letters later, I have a new magazine, which was a switch, I had never ordered it, and it was not something that I should have sent a payment for. I guess that is what I get for not paying close attention to the renewal notices. Won't happen again, I guarantee.

Sandy, hope you have a good time.

Tammy, sounds like you have your stops all planned out.

Dianne, hehe, I am sure that your DH was not angry that you shaved years off his age. I didn't know you were a teacher.

Well, I am starting to babble, so will head down the hall to bed.

Oh, Dianne, I took about 6-8 slices of fruit cake to the church thing tonight, and it got rave reviews. May get some requests for the recipe, but need your permission.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 22, 2010
7:32 PM

Post #8273150

BonnieB, I wish I had been into gardening back then. I saw the most beautiful plants everywhere I went and never once thought to snag a seed;o)

I usually freeze some leftover ham as DH will make snadwiches with it. I think it's the fact that it's so salty, same with bacon. I'm not big on salt. I cook with it if absolutely necessary but really do not add salt to anything I eat. Well, except McDonald's french fries - lol - but I really don't eat those too often. When I do I order them without salt. That way I cna add my own to my liking, plus a bonus is they have to make you fresh fries as we all know the others are swimming in salt.

Edited to say I think I'm going to call it a night... It's pouring rain outside and since I'm off Friday I'm planning to go in early tomorrow to finish up for the week. Talk to you all tomorrow. Nitey night!

This message was edited Dec 22, 2010 8:36 PM
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 22, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #8273167

Oh,sorry Kelly. I have to go easy on the salt, after the episode I had last winter when my kidneys failed. I use (very sparingly) real salt, but if it is something that I usually put salt on, I use Morton's Substitute. It is very good, and can't tell the difference.

After being off salt, I am still surprised at the amounts of salt on most foods in restaurants.

Talking about scrapple, we had it once in PA, and the waitress explained it was sort of scraps of pork from sausage and bacon. Seems from further research, it was quite a bit different. But I had one taste, and didn't like it, so not a problem avoiding something like that.

Some people eat grits like a hot cereal, and some treat it sort of like a pasta dish, with salt, pepper and butter, some add cheese. There is a cheese grits recipe that is not too bad, but it just seems so bland. I would rather eat more things with some flavor and other texture than waste stomach space on it.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 22, 2010
8:30 PM

Post #8273213

Well, tomorrow is the day. I am up at near dawn...and off to Christmas shop. Pray I get this done easily.

Thank heavens my DH knows I am like the little kitty hanging at the end of the knotted rope...I am coming unfrayed. Anyway, we have written a list...split what we can do, and will each have an agenda. This has helped me so much mentally.

I will have to write you the story tomorrow of what happened today/tonight. Have had quite an emotional day of it

Good night, sweet dreams...I will see you all when I get back tomorrow.

Thank you for the compliments on my new "do"
Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
4:49 AM

Post #8273383

I need a lil help here... My FACEBOOK account and my hotmail account have been hacked. all my contacts in my eamil ahve been deleted and a bogus email sent that i am stuck in london, england.

while trying to access my FB account, i need 3 people to "help" me, but it adds, someone you can easily contact by phone. most of which - i have no phone numbers for folks, as they [FB] eliminates all your family members as someone to contact.

MAN... this sucks.

can someone, who is in my friends list, DMail me your # ??

Once i get in., I'm deleting my account.

OH... and im Terese Tollick Smyth in there... the yellow Rose.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
5:18 AM

Post #8273411

I even posted a huge comment from my DH's account on to my wall... the person is in there right now and deleted it!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
5:26 AM

Post #8273422

Good morning everyone, I maybe stuck here a extra day as it might snow Monday.

Had a rough night changed from bed to chair 8 times. But the good thing here is the floors are wood and I can slide my feet and that takes some pressure off my ankles and knee.

Right now I have a little dog sharing my couch. She gave be a bath already this morning. LOL

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
5:32 AM

Post #8273433

Terese i dmailed you.

I

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
5:38 AM

Post #8273443

Terese I went on to FB and posted that your account has been hacked. Someone was using your name on the chat.

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2010
5:54 AM

Post #8273466

I work until 8 on Xmas Eve. I am so lucky! But I don't go in until 2. Short shift.

Just plain tired.

Have to go and do a few things and hopefully a bit of a nap before work today.

Thanks for the interesting chat to read. Commented to all in my head.
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #8273494

When my family moved Nc by way of WA, CA, NY,& MD (in that order during my life). We stayed in a motel the first night or two waiting on our furniture, etc to arrive. Our 1st NC breakfast was at a local restaurant. When the waitress took our orders, my Mom was first. The waitress asked if she would like grits and Momma answered, "I guess I'll try one." LOL My poor Momma wanted to crawl under the table when she saw them on her plate and realized her silly order. Boy Did They know we were from out of town!!
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
6:32 AM

Post #8273518

Sherri Ė Love cinnamon raisin bread also. Have problems with the yeast/mold in it so have given up eating it. In Kansas they will forgive a ticket as long as you sign an agreement that you will drive the speed limit the next 6 months. The consequences go up if you get caught again.

Tammy Ė The hair wash products that I use will not cover grey hair. What are you using that does?

Deb Ė Agree more cheating on Fran. The new cut and hair color are very flattering on you.

Dianne Ė It was more that brain part that weirded me out on the head cheese. Iíve had a number of colleagues in Indonesia but canít remember what they said about it other than no alcohol. One of the guys I know who was in Vista gave up eating meat while they were overseas. He said they went to the market early one day and saw the store owner spraying down the meat with DDT. Someone else I know packs a trunk full of peanut butter and other supplies to eat. Your friend might consider something like that.

Elsie Ė We got a final notice for renewal on one of the consumerís report newsletters we get. Funny thing is that the current subscription runs out in 2012. The DH is thinking about sending it in to consumerís report as a submittal for their section on the last page of the magazine.

Kelly Ė Split pea soup, ham loaf, potato soup, ham spread, and baked beans are a number of things that my mom used the ham leftovers in. We use our food processor for veggies and pesto. BonnieB Ė We donít use salt in cooking either. I find restaurant food too salty also.

Teresa - I don't know what to do about the facebook account.

SusanKC

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010 8:32 AM

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2010
6:36 AM

Post #8273521

Good Morning!

Terese - sorry to hear about your FB account. I am so reluctant to use FB - so many issues w/privacy.

BonnieB - My mom always took pride in our Scottish heritage 'til she finally tracked down the family tree back to where they were before Michigan. In the 1790 records (census data) my great great great... grand father said he came from upstate New York. She worked for years to find where he came from when finally she found him about 2yrs ago. He came from Cayouga (?sp) Lake area. She found his family still was there and big into family tree research. Turns out the family comes from ENGLAND not Scotland. What a blow! But we did find out one ancestor served in the revolutionary war under Admiral Benedict Arnold.

Well.. I gotta get a move on. I bought a month of cellular data for my iPad so will bring that with me and should be on-line while I'm on the go.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2010
6:37 AM

Post #8273523

cross posted w/you SusanKC. I used permanent dye for years and now nothing. I thought the temporary dye would (it says it will but who knows!). I have not colored my hair since August.

Bye now
Tam
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
9:00 AM

Post #8273726

Sorry to hear about your FB account . I tried the dye on my hair once but found out there was more skin on my head than there was hair LOL ended up with a platinum head and no color in the hair LOL so most of the time i just keep it shaved off , unless it is winter and then there is not much up there but a boggen anyway ;)

Sarge

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
9:44 AM

Post #8273781

Hi y'all!!! Looks like I will be snowed in Sunday. Not sure how I like that or not.

Waving at everyone

Sandy

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2010
10:05 AM

Post #8273803

Terese, sorry about your FB account... Happened to me a while back to my Yahoo account. Thankfully I use that account for whatever, but all my friends and family got e-mails for a place that sells Viagra, in Canada;o) I am diligent about never clicking on links to get into FB and change both the FB and Yahoo passwords often. That has seemed to help as I have not had a problem since. Also, make sure all your FB privacy settings are set so that no one can see your info. They keep switching their privacy policy and I am not happy about that. Went inthere one day and all my stuff was set so that friends of friends could see this and that. Um, not! Also make sure it doesn't keep you logged in - always log out when you are finished. Those are a few simple things I've found that helped me out.

I'm off tomorrow so trying to cram 2 days of work into today. To make matters worse, I went to have an ultrasound done this morning to check my fibroids and the doctor's office had sent orders for an abdominal rather than a pelvic. Grrrrr... I thought it odd when they told me it was fasting (which you have to do for the abdominal) but figured whatever, maybe it had changed - lol... So the tech has me sitting there drinking water as you need a full bladder for the pelvic only to find out my Dr. was not in this morning and no one htere seemed to be able to clarify the order. So, after running to the restroom about to explode, we had to reschedule the whole thing.

And how was your day?

;o)

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #8273862

We are still not quite sure how it happened... but they [this person] either first got into my hotmail or first into FB... both had the same userName [email addy] and password.

I've gotten control of my Email again... but my entire contact list is gone -- my hotmail was my main account,
I have a few others but dont really use them

grrrrrrrrrr.

I'm thinking i MAY jsut delete the FB al together... but maybe i'll change it to an email i never use, like Yahoo.

I had to step away a few hrs... dh and i went to the bank to cancel accounts, JUST IN CASE ... we just didnt know how far it would go.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
11:25 AM

Post #8273896

sent you a dmail. I do not allow my email to be show to anyone on FB

Sandy
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
11:53 AM

Post #8273946

nope nope nope had that happen once now all of my accounts are on lock down and I do not Share any thing but what just a few folks see on the Main page and that is Very limited . hind site as it is said . i guess ... not making fun at all please understand . it took me days and weeks to fix mine . i pulled my hair out and thought i would go nuts trying to get things stopped in time. Thankfully the bank did its job and did not let them hit it and said No to All Hits on the account and the Idiot actually called in giving all their information and location and some Sob story about how they Needed Access to "Their" Money and were Found Out! LOL

Sarge

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2010
12:02 PM

Post #8273965

Hi
I am at Mom's place. Was very windy on the way!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
5:26 PM

Post #8274348

Vicki, I hope work tomorrow isn't too bad.

Tammy, glad you made it to your Mom's. It is wickedly windy to say the least. Chloe and I are listening to the tree branches hit the house.

SusanKC, the trouble with a lot of these subscription bills is that they are not from the magazine.

Kelly thanks for the heads up on the settings on FB. Mine were changed too.

Terese, sorry about your FB account. I had no idea.

Sandy, glad you got to your destination safely.

BonnieB, how is the hand doing? Do you have to do any exercises?

Dianne, I wonder if the full moon is the reason my Chloe is acting like a nutcase. The day after the eclipse there was the most beautiful huge pink moon rising.

Debbie, I hope you survived the shopping. Can't wait to hear what has been going on.

Bonnie, I hope you and your family are together. How do you feel?

We got out of work an hour early. That was after almost everyone had left. I took advantage of a 1/2 price coupon for a pedicure at new salon. I need one of those massage chairs. One the workers had her two daughters there. The youngest one was staring and asking questions. Her mother told her that I was in time out for being bad. She came back several times to ask what I had done. Everyone had a good laugh. I got a very deep purple on my nails - lot darker than I thought - oh well.

I think I will make some chocolate covered pretzels tomorrow. I knit another pair of booties for the baby. I hope one of them fits.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 23, 2010
5:40 PM

Post #8274381

Elsie, my feet hurt sooooo bad. They are numb on the bottoms!

What a day, this morning went well...then about 1;00 all heck broke loose, I think everyone left work and flooded the mall!

I got home about 6:30 tonight...left here at 7:30 this morning!

I picked up a few things for each of the kids...but forgot the son in laws. Have to go out in the morning...DH is going to take me to breakfast at Cracker Barrell and we can finish up. Decided since the older girls want a new coat...going to give money towards it and they can get what they want so I don't have to return it.

Elsie, I decided...I need new shoes!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
6:46 PM

Post #8274444

Sorry for the sore aching feet Debbie. I don't do shopping well. Matter of fact, if I can get it on line that is my preferred method of Christmas shopping.

elsie, thanks for asking about my hand. It is doing well, although sort of stiff. I have a little thing that looks like a handled can opener, it has a spring, and I have to do exercises with that 3 times a day. Not many, but the main concern is getting the fingers limbered up and bending. Still quite a few things I can't do, but it will come in time.

Tammy, glad that you are making progress with your trip. I guess the wind is a east thing, it was cold here but no wind to speak of.

tcs (I just realized I don't know your name) so sorry about the accounts being hacked and your information stolen. I am glad to see that you are taking the precautions in case they decide they want your bank info and money. I don't do facebook, or any of the chat sites, as I have had a bad experience, but nothing like yours. I am always surprised and a little disgusted what some will actually post on their walls.

Kelly, what a horrible experience. I would be royally teed off. Now you have to go back. Is there any prep for the one you need to have done? Are you in an area that is getting the heavy rains?

Bonnie, hope you and your family are having a grand time celebrating Christmas. Any updates on your DM? Or any that you can share? Not laughing but I have been there, and know probably what you are going through.

Sandy, having fun at your sister's?

BirdieBlue, so sorry to hear of your speeding incidents. DH has gotten several speeding tickets, and he has opted to go to traffic school in lieu of the fine, and points from his license. All of the ones he has gotten, 3 I think, was when he was listening to his favorite college basketball team, and they were behind. And the behinder they got the faster he drove!! So he is not permitted to drive and listen to a game.

Susan, it is pointless to ask that your food at a restaurant not be seasoned. I think they season some things, and you just eat it or learn not to order it. This time of year is so very bad for me, as I love cured ham, and will invariably have some during the holidays. I will hop right back on the salt free bandwagon just as soon as the holidays are past.

We went to DH's family Christmas gathering tonight. Very unconventional foods, but by this time, I think everybody is ready for something besides ham, turkey and standing rib roasts. So only one more gathering for us, and that is on Christmas day. Seems it is passing faster than normal, but I am happy to celebrate, but happier still to get back to normal living.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 23, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #8274483

Had a fun day is seemed that someone in Tenn. tried to get into my FB account but failed, but FB then blocked me out also. I had to get a code and get back in

We am tired so going to try to get some sleep.

Good night everyone

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #8274485

>>Very unconventional foods,

DH wanted to do Pizza [the local place is VERY good] I can do non-traditional foods but NOT pizza for Christmas.
last year was Alaskan King Crab legs, and Chx Parmesan [DH makes great chx parm]

This year i'm doing a spiral ham.

Bonnie -- it's OK that you dont know my name... i use it in many posts - but easy to miss. it's Terese.

I'm not feeling so frazzled -- i've settled down a bit... though all the hoops FB asked me to jump thru... i still got a "Account Unavailable" Please login [well DUUUUH, i can't log in] so i took another avenue... we shall see if they can catch the jerk that did this.. dh & i were thinking "it" deleted my account as we could not find it -- but we're thinking 'it' has "blocked" him from seeing the account, as others still see it.

It would be nice if they could track the IP address.

I was able to recover my address book in hotmail, so that made the day a bit better.

OH and the kitties are getting a long so well now... i'll post a pic later.

we have 2 B&W cat's now... Charles is just over 2yrs old and Lucky is 3 months.
it's pretty common to see a B&W giant mass of fur rolling down the hall.

Terese

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2010
7:27 PM

Post #8274488

So looks like everyone is almost ready for Christmas? NOT! LOL

BonnieB - for the pelvic you have to drink A LOT of water and be finished an hour before the appointment. Your bladder has to be full, so full I'll be driving there and praying I don't wet my pants. Oh joy! Thankfully I work just down the street from the imaging center. Maybe I ought to invest in some Depends though just in case, you know traffic and all;o) I would have been really ticked had I driven far for nothing, but since it was so close and seemed to be an honest mistake I'll forgive them this time.

Gotta take the pups to the groomer in the morning, then Stormy goes to the vet for a vaccination. And I still have a ton of gifts to wrap - ugh! Christmas party tomorrow night at my B/SILs house. I'm thinking we'll let the kiddos open gifts tomorrow night so they can go around visiting grandparents and such Christmas day. I have 2 stepkids so they will be going to see their Moms and other siblings too. Blended families are such fun during the holidays;o)
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
7:40 PM

Post #8274504

I have never dealt with blended families, but children of divorced parents are a real challenge to get the times scheduled to suit everybody! Ask me how I know this? My DS and his Ex. For years it was a royal pain trying to plan a time to have our celebration, as she wanted all the "prime times".

Terese, I knew that, it had just gotten pushed to one side of my brain, and wasn't accessible at the time. Sounds like the FB account may still not be running smoothly. Hope it gets settled soon.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2010
7:45 PM

Post #8274513

Yeah, it can sure be a challenge. Neither Mom is that involved. In most ways that is a good thing as there are issues - long story for another day;o)

My 17 year old's Mom is a little bit involved now that Joseph is old enough to take care of himself. Up until then he saw her very very sparingly. My 9 year old's Mom is the same way. She also has 5 other kids. Until Benjamin was old enough to want to see his Mom or call her we had to practically beg for her to see him. Now he's old enough to understand why he lives here and not there. Of course we encourage our boys to pursue relationships with their Moms but at the same time it's our duty to protect them as well - that's our #1 duty. It will all work out and when the boys are adults and on their own they can choose how involved they want to be.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #8274526

I think i got mine just in time Sandy it had issues today as i changed All my pass words on every account I have and for every account i have i had to redo every one at least 4 times and confirm it Man what a pain it the butt some Accounts I had already anticipated on closing so no big deal that was the fun part of the day for me ZAPPING them to the Pitts of nothingness LOL with All the Spamm that was in them ROTF :))))>

At least I had the last Laugh All of mine are now changed and New Pass Words are as Twisted as I am LOL ;>)

The Sarge
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
8:03 PM

Post #8274539

Well, it sounds like we have similar backgrounds and experiences. We were the very last grandparents in the nation to be awarded visitation with our DGD, before that law was repealed, or declared unreasonable by the Supreme court. Our DGD lives with her mother, and we had visitation rights similar to visitation for parents for about the first 6 years of her life. For whatever reason she did a complete about face, and now she spends as much time with us as she wants. I think the real reason was that she needed a summer baby sitter, and after several failed attempts to find reliable, safe and affordable care, decided she needed to swallow her pride and ask us to help her by asking us to assume the caregiver role. So she has spent the last 8 years with us from the time school is out until school starts again in the fall. It doesn't hurt that we are able to provide her things that her mother is not able to afford. And the funny thing about the whole situation is, we have now become best friends. She calls me for advice and uses me as a sounding board with problems that crop up between teens and their mothers. Ah, such is life.

locakelly

locakelly
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9a)

December 23, 2010
8:19 PM

Post #8274562

That's great that you get to spend all that time with your DGD BonnieB! Awesome. Glad her Mom came to her senses;o) And the bonus is they have a good role model in their lives...

My DH has always had custody of his two boys. When they were smaller there were questions of course as to why they lived with us and not their Moms... Now that they are older I think they are figuring it out for themselves. We have always been very positive with the boys and never talked bad about their Moms - at least not when the kids are around - and never would, and we get along fine with the Moms. So that helps too. It hasn't always been easy to be gracious though I try very very hard and by the grace of God I succeed most of the time.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 23, 2010
9:07 PM

Post #8274603

I was quite surprised this evening when i got a reply from FB and they recovered my account.
i also found how to hide my email from everyone but me.

off to bed.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 23, 2010
9:12 PM

Post #8274608

tcs,

good job and i am happy you got it back

Sarge / Harley

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2010
4:29 AM

Post #8274795

Good morning everyone.

The person who tried to get into my FB was in Tenn. So Sarge get out the hunting rifle and start looking. LOL

Looks like the herd is up. The herd are 2 Staffies, I have been licked to death!!1

I still have to limit my time on here as I do not know how much time a "air Card" covers. So far I have not used much of it.

Wishing everyone a Happy Holiday.

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
4:52 AM

Post #8274810

my hacker person was tracked to Lagos Nigera.

gonna be a busy day... kids and g/fs are coming over for our Holiday ... Errrrrr Christmas Eve Dinner.
Oh yea... and MIL.

it seems for some reason, no matter how long I heat the ham, it just doesnt seem hot enough. So today I will shoot for 5 hrs.

I recall the very first time I made this Ham... i get the same one very year... i cooked it per directions, and it was still COLD at the bone.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
6:10 AM

Post #8274881

Terese, what kind of ham do you cook? I just signed up for America's Test Kitchen - I watched them do a holiday ham. I think they said the most important part was bringing the temperature of the ham up before cooking it. They didn't take it out of the packaging and put it in a container of hot tap water. Here is the recipe. It sure looked good.

By the way - your kitties are too adorable!

Glazed Spiral-Sliced Ham
From the episode: Holiday Ham and Biscuits

Serves 12 to 14, with leftovers

You can bypass the 90-minute soaking time, but the heating time will increase to 18 to 20 minutes per pound for a cold ham. If there is a tear or hole in the ham's inner covering, wrap it in several layers of plastic wrap before soaking it in hot water. Instead of using the plastic oven bag, the ham may be placed cut-side down in the roasting pan and covered tightly with foil, but you will need to add 3 to 4 minutes per pound to the heating time. If using an oven bag, be sure to cut slits in the bag so it does not burst. We've included two optional glazes.

Ingredients
1 spiral-sliced, bone-in half ham (7 to 10 pounds)
Cherry-Port Glaze
1 large oven bag (plastic)
1/2 cup ruby port 1/2 cup cherry preserves 1 cup packed dark brown sugar 1 teaspoon ground black pepper Maple-Orange Glaze
3/4 cup maple syrup Ham
1/2 cup orange marmalade 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon Instructions
1. Leaving ham's inner plastic or foil covering intact, place ham in large container and cover with hot tap water; set aside for 45 minutes. Drain and cover again with hot tap water; set aside for another 45 minutes.
2. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 250 degrees. Unwrap ham; remove and discard plastic disk covering bone. Place ham in oven bag. Gather top of bag tightly so bag fits snugly around ham, tie bag, and trim excess plastic. Set ham cut-side down in large roasting pan and cut 4 slits in top of bag with paring knife.
3. Bake ham until center registers 100 degrees on instant-read thermometer, 1 to 1 1/2 hours (about 10 minutes per pound).
4. Remove ham from oven and increase oven temperature to 350 degrees. Cut open oven bag and roll back sides to expose ham. Brush ham with one-third of glaze and return to oven until glaze becomes sticky, about 10 minutes (if glaze is too thick to brush, return to heat to loosen).
5. Remove ham from oven, transfer to cutting board, and brush entire ham with another third of glaze. Let ham rest, loosely tented with foil, for 15 minutes. While ham rests, heat remaining third of glaze with 4 to 6 tablespoons of ham juices until it forms thick but fluid sauce. Carve and serve ham, passing sauce at table.
To Make Maple-Orange Glaze:
Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is thick, syrupy, and reduced to 1 cup, 5 to 10 minutes; set aside.
To Make Cherry-Port Glaze:
Simmer port in small saucepan over medium heat until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar dissolves and mixture is thick, syrupy, and reduced to 1 cup, 5 to 10 minutes; set aside.
Technique

How to Keep a Ham MoistA big ham can take hours to heat through in the oven, by which time the meat becomes very dry. We found two tricks for reducing oven time and increasing moisture retention.

Wrapping: Cooking the ham in an oven bag reduces the oven time by another half hour or so.

Soaking: Placing the wrapped ham in warm water for 90 minutes raises its internal temperature and decreases the cooking time by over an hour.
Technique

Meaty or Easy to Carve
Sirloin End: Meatier option, but bones make it harder to carve.

Shank End: Easy-to-Carve, but not as meaty.

It has been a howling wind all night long. I have a couple of gifts to bag up and then I think I'm ready. Well as ready as I'm going to be.

My Mother send my DB's present to my house. The other day she asked me to check to see that the bill was not in the box. It is a tall skinny box and I opened it the other evening. I reach in and it's an artificial Christmas tree. So I get the pieces out and then can't get them back in because it's "branching" out. I felt like I was fighting with an octupus.

Merry Christmas everyone!
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #8274998

Elsie - Very funny visual description on the tree. Maybe you can give it to him all put together. That would save having to get it back in the box.

Kelly - Blended families are a challenge. I've watched my brother go through a lot with his kids.

Teresa - If the ham was still partically frozen on the inside then it will not cook/heat as well and will take longer to cook. Glad the FB is getting a handle on straightning things out.

Post more later. Looks like we're headed out for a while. We're having problems finding a carpet end strip that matches what is installed already. Brass and silver much be in vogue and not light gold.

Have a great christmas Eve and Day! May both days bring you much love and joy.

SusanKC
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #8275177

Here is Dogwood's new thread, if anybody wants to see how big he's gotten. I think He and Charlie are just about the same age and size

(at about 14 weeks)

Thumbnail by BirdieBlue

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 24, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #8275271

Hi guys! Remember me?LOL I've been busy with cooking, but I'm done now. I'll be working tomorrow, so I hope I can catch up with you. Have a great Christmas everyone!

Adina
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #8275273

Adina, don't work too hard. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2010
10:47 AM

Post #8275290

Total chaos here...as usual.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

DH and I JUST finished our running around, and now trying to wrap some gifts...with Axls help!! Good thing I got extra tape! lol

Debbie
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
10:56 AM

Post #8275306

OK...Who lives in Midland, AL?? I got a lovely Christmas card and wigh to thank you!! D-mail if you like, but please let me know.

Sheri
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
11:04 AM

Post #8275312

LOL Sandy ,

I have Locked down my accounts as well , the Hunting Season is Not over Yet ;) although the Little ones have informed me Not to shoot Santa's Rain Deer , as he Needs them to Fly his Sleigh LOL .

the Trixie Kitty has took to climbing the tree, even after a flogging from the wee one and a scolding from me, we are not pleased with her right now and she knows it so she is in hiding and the little one has restored the tree back to its glory and is calm for now ( she is 5 yrs old) and says Santa will be here soon . so put the kitty in a cage so it dont wreck the tree before Santa gets to see it ! LOL . OOH to be little once again ;)

Sarge

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 24, 2010
11:23 AM

Post #8275334

Sarge,

Take your little one to this site...it tells where Santa has been...and where he is going next. AND when he gets to the USA...it tells your little one she should get to bed he is in the area! I love this...even as a big kid.

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
11:51 AM

Post #8275365

Yep ! we Track Santa on that every year and it does seem to help on the Eve of Christmas , so we do get to finish up our final things .

Sarge

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 24, 2010
3:22 PM

Post #8275620

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!!!

We may have a white Christmas here tomorrow

Waving to everyone

Good night.

Sandy
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #8275631

it Has Started Here ;) ... ^..^

Sarge
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 24, 2010
3:40 PM

Post #8275641

Merry Christmas to you all!

Lee
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
3:47 PM

Post #8275648

^ . . ^ Happy Holidays

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
5:45 PM

Post #8275730

This is the Ham i get http://www.marketday.com/shopping/products.aspx?itemid=1440&sk=0

I think the brand is Peer, but i always toss the box, so i dont have it to check.

today it turned out perfect and a have a nice bone to make soup.

I've been buying it since Jimbo was 7, and he's 23 now. so a long time. it just has the best flavor. I've had Honey Baked and a Virginia Ham ... and this is better.

Nice day today. one of the girlfriends couldnt make it, so there was only 6 of us. at 5pm, i laid down and slipped into a food coma... Charlie [the cat] snuggled with me for 2 hrs.

We had Sara Lee cheese cake [I had a gift card to use up] and my homemade is better. everyone else had potatoes, DH had 'sweet' and all the others had baked, while i had an acorn squash with butter brown sugar [twin] and pecans. Oh YUM.

it's been light snowing all day, we probably have 1.5" of powder.

It was a good day... OH... the lil monster [Lucky] so far i call him "Baby Bean" as we sometimes call CHarlie "Bean" or Charlie Bean [not sure where that came from] or I call Lucky "Little Hellion" -- he has started climbing in side the Tree. I haven't seen it yet, but he's getting scolded a lot.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
6:24 PM

Post #8275764

Terese is this a product you order for a fundraiser? I am not familiar with the brand or the site. I think the Honey Baked Hams are overrated and over priced. Gee whiz, you could almost buy the whole pig for what a ham costs!!

Well, I think I am ready for our small gathering tomorrow night. We go to DH's cousin's house tomorrow at noon, and then we pick up DGD and will have our own little celebration here tomorrow night.

Just wanted to wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
6:52 PM

Post #8275784

Bonnie.. Yes, Market Day is a food Co--Op with the 10% going to the organization of your choice-- Local Church or school etc. I used to order thru the schools, but that is only once per month... about 11 yrs ago, they opened a store front at the distribution center, it's 2 miles from my house... VERY convenient. But i LOVE their hams.

Some of their products may be a bit over priced, but when the kids were in school, the money was going there. I still have it going to the high school as Market Day is their biggest fund raiser.

Hope you southerners do not get too much snow to make driving hazardous.

Happy Holidays.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2010
7:01 PM

Post #8275791

No snow forecasted here - hope if any of you have to travel in winter weather you have a safe journey.
Terese your menu sounded wonderful! My DH is a big ham lover but I grew up you only had it for Easter so it took some getting used to on my part of cooking ham and turkey.Ham Loaf recipe coming in the next couple of days Kelly anda BonnieB.
Sarge I hope your tree stayed intact and kitty didn't demolish it - hate to see your little one not have Santa be happy when he arrivede at your home.
Well the stockings are hung here and I do believe Santa might be making his way as we speak... well according to Norad he is!
Sweet dreams everyone
Dianne
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
7:21 PM

Post #8275806

Dianne,

Kitty has has its Christmas Bath and is snuggled up in its bed it has its lil mouse and has not moved since LOL

Sarge
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 24, 2010
7:23 PM

Post #8275808

LOL. Now if I can get Streak to stop drinking out of the base of tree I am sure Santa will come!
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
7:25 PM

Post #8275810

Dianne, Merry Christmas to you also. I sure hope Santa is extra good to you, as you have had so much this past year. My DM used to say adversity makes you stronger, but sometimes, you think you are not going to make it through it!

That could apply to several here, and I am sure that you (we) are better people for the adversity.

Adina, I wondered if you were working or if your company was keeping you very occupied. Sure hope that you have a Merry Christmas.

Terese, thanks for the information. Can anyone join? Or is it just locally? Seems like I saw several reviews from people other than Wisconsin. I like the idea of the 10% going to a charity.

Well, I said about 45 minutes ago that I was going to bed, but this time, I am actually starting down the hall!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
7:30 PM

Post #8275819

Bonnie -- I did a quick search and they have an 'office' in Louisville -- I dont know your location though. but if they are in Louisville, they may be in a larger city closer to you.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 24, 2010
7:58 PM

Post #8275844

Terese, Louisville is about 50 miles away. I will definitely check it out. Thanks.
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 24, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #8275901

SOS----anyone out there know who lives in Midland ,AL??? Something came today with only "the Smith Family" as a return address. I only know DG names and some first names.

Thanks for any ideas and have a Merry and safe, warm Christmas.

Jesus is the reason for the season!!

Hugs,
Sheri

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2010
3:39 AM

Post #8275992

Good morning and a Merry Christmas to everyone.

Sandy

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 25, 2010
6:40 AM

Post #8276173

Merry Christmas everyone! It's very warm at my place, in Balotesti and in Bucharest too, 53F. I can see the lawn again after the snow melted...feels like Spring ! Even my tulips are confused and are trying to pop up! I need to take some pics tomorrow.
I didn't bake anything, just bought the dough cakes . I had too much to cook, while working everyday. Yesterday I made cabbage rolls with pork, which took me almost half a day...while babysitting too! Andreea went shopping with her Dad, then washed the car and we decorated the tree last night. I want to bake some cinammon rolls for tomorrow morning.
Little Nicholas is dressed up in a Santa costume, but I haven't seen him yet because I'm at work...arrgghhh! I still have one more hour and I can leave. I'll post more pictures later.
Have a great Christmas guys!

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 25, 2010
6:43 AM

Post #8276174

Oh, I forgot to thank you for your kind words. Posting a picture of Andreea with Nicholas meeting Santa in the park!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 25, 2010
6:47 AM

Post #8276176

Merry Christmas Adina! Have a wonderful day and enjoy Nicholas, I can't wait for pictures.

Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone.

Total chaos here with Izzy...she got presents and is having a ball. One tennisball in the trash already!

Daisy took her toy mouse down to the basement, not sharing. Axl is in wrapping paper heaven...the tree might come down tomorrow! lol OH, and Axl got his OWN little cordery coat...its big but will grow into it!haha

Pictures later...I made it through Christmas Eve, found the most awesome wine at my daughters. It was made with rose petals, a specail blush grape...and...pink lemonaide. I NEVER drink...but I had 3 glasses wine last night! lol

More later, enjoy this beautiful day...

Debbie
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
7:11 AM

Post #8276203

Merry Christmas!

Turkey is in the oven, veggies are getting roasted, cranberry sauce is made, cornbread stuffing is waiting to go in the oven, and we're working on getting the dessert ready.

SusanKC

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
8:02 AM

Post #8276261

Merry Xmas!

Chicken is in the roaster and Country Pork ribs are also cooking! DH is vacumning! and I need to hop in the shower!
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 25, 2010
8:12 AM

Post #8276275

I am sitting adorned in all of the jewelry my sister gave me for Christmas (vintage earrings, a pearl ring and a strand of pearls...all gorgeous), the robe that Dad gave me, looking at the ornament the twins made for me. My dogs are adorned in their holiday scarves and happily munching on some of their many gifts. There's a fire in the fireplace and am enjoying a warm sweet roll with my peppermint tea that was in the basket my brother and sister-in-law sent.

It's a good day. :-))

Hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas day!

Much love,

Lee

Thumbnail by NY2CA

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 25, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #8276284

Lee, that sounds like the perfect morning...wish I could come join you.

Daisy and I are here on the computer catching up email. Paul is running behind on his pies...which is throwing my turkey dinner WAY out of timing.

The kids had a nice time opening gifts. Waiting for round two with the older ones late this afternoon.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2010
8:45 AM

Post #8276314

IT IS SNOWING

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
9:23 AM

Post #8276339

I am with my dad at my brothers house. My niece has a schoolmate from India here too. He is very nice and manages well all the goofiness in the family. I worked out with my niece and now we're hanging out while my DB and DSIL get her mother from the nursing home to spend the day with family.

I hope you are all enjoying the day!
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2010
10:12 AM

Post #8276392

Sandy -- Are you kidding?? snowing in JAX??

Well, Merry Christmas!! Bet Andre will love some snow.

Shoveled the drive this morning... that was my workout for the day.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
10:35 AM

Post #8276413

Merry Christmas!!

I spent a lovely morning at my niece's house. She had a very nice brunch of quiche, french toast, waffles and bacon. They all grill the bacon on the barbecue grill. They just got a pellet stove and it was broiling in their house. I'm pretty sure they will have to build an addition on to the house for the baby's clothes and toys.

She was funny - she got a toy phone and toy computer. She laid on her belly and just spun around in a circle going from one to another. The booties were a big hit.

I am now home and ready to put the ham in the oven. Maybe have a nap. I think we are in for some significant snow tomorrow.

Here is the baby with all the new toys and books and she is playing with a piece of cardboard

Thumbnail by elsie

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
10:36 AM

Post #8276415

Here we are - just can't get her to smile for me.

Thumbnail by elsie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2010
10:43 AM

Post #8276429

No not in Jax, am up in Georgia. Andre is still in Jax. He hates to ride in the car. Was hoping to get home tomorrow but this is very wet snow and the temps are dropping

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2010
12:39 PM

Post #8276509

Well I am snowed in. Will not be going home tomorrow. They say it will turn to ice and as it is a very wet snow I believe.

Waving at everyone

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 25, 2010
12:47 PM

Post #8276519

Sandy -- ahhh - gotcha. Guess I missed the part when you left home.
Just be careful on the roads when you finally get out.
Ret_Sgt_Yates
Sparta , TN
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010
12:51 PM

Post #8276527

it has by passed us Sandy ;(

Sarge

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

December 25, 2010
1:04 PM

Post #8276540

Hello everyone- Merry Christmas.

I don't even have time to breathe. We have been to see DM twice every day. DD and family are here. We decorated DM's room. Took her Christmas Eve gumbo dinner to her last evening then hosted one of Tom & Tracy's SILs and one of her daughters for gumbo dinner in my home.

This morning we opened our presents, had breakfast, then went to take DM her gifts from us and her gift to us and opened all of that at the rehab hospital. Now we are preparing her Christmas dinner to take to her around 4:30, then come back and prepare our dinner. SIL is complaining about my gas grill. It is not lighting to his satisfaction and will most definitely ruin his meal. *&&^%$%^^& If he would only listen to me and give it time, it will be okay. MEN!!!!

DM now has the shingles. Mercy!! She is in such pain. It breaks my heart. Her BP is still bottoming out sometimes. While we were there this morning, her nurse was going to give her Ultram for pain. I followed the nurse to the hall and reminded her that the doctor took her off Ultram and put her on a pain patch last week because he thought the Ultram might be the cause for the low BP. She said that was not true and brought all the med records into the room to prove it to me. I said I knew for a fact that I was correct. I called to see if by chance our doctor was on call today. Not! The nurse said she would call the charge nurse who came into the room and confirmed that Ultram was to be administered only once a day at bedtime. The rest of the time if DM had break through pain while wearing the patch, she was to get Tylenol. I told her the nurse was prepared to give my mother Ultram just two minutes ago and got testy when I questioned her choice of drugs. I then asked her to make the records read more clearly that my mother was not to receive Ultram for pain during the day. Sheeeesh

She is supposed to be released on 12/29, but do not know if the shigles and/or low BP will change that release date.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day. I hope I can find time to read all your posts.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
1:06 PM

Post #8276542

Great picture of you and yor grand niece Loretta!

Snow here in Pitts but that's not a big surprise.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
1:10 PM

Post #8276547

Cross posted with you Bonnie. So sorry your dm has shingles now too! Good thing you were there to get the meds situation clarified before they gave her the wrong thing.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
1:31 PM

Post #8276558

Sandy, sorry to hear you are snowed in.

Bonnie, you must be so pooped out. So sorry your DM has shingles - owie. Good thing you were there to correct the pain meds.

Tammy, how about keeping the snow there? The baby is adorable. What faces she makes. Two different people made her 3 different bowls of food and she ate all three. hehe

Sheri, did you try looking at the member list?
http://davesgarden.com/community/memberlist/viewby.php?showonlysubbers=&area=state&arg1=al&sort=country&o=asc&offset=3600

The ham is filling the house with a yummy aroma.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 25, 2010
2:20 PM

Post #8276599

Still snowing!!!!

Sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
4:41 PM

Post #8276744

Just lost a long post, and I had addressed everybody. Need to get the church bulletins done right now, may be back later.
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
5:28 PM

Post #8276793

Elsie- Nice photo's of you and the neice. Boxes are also best toy ever. The larger the better.

Bonnie - Sorry about the DM's shingles. Ditto about being there to get the meds worked out.

Lee - Sounds like a very nice christmas and that you are looking like the Christmas Day princess.

BonnieB - Hi and later.

Sandy - Nice weather in your area (not). Enjoy not driving in it. Hopfully you'll get out soon.

In-Laws have left and we've had a nap. It's been snowing but not sticking to the ground. We have movies for tonight which is good as it is cold outside.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
6:06 PM

Post #8276815

Well, I am back, bulletins didn't take too long, sometimes as with anything problems crop up.

Sandy, where in GA are you? I was just wondering as Susan (I01) lives in So. GA and I was wondering if she had snow.

Bonnie, sorry to hear that your DM is having such a time. I bet you are worn out running back and forth. So how are YOU doing?

Susan, this is a good night for movies.

Elsie, boxes and paper are always the best toys, and smiles only happen when you DON'T have a camera!!

Tammy sounds like you are having fun.

Debbie, you are just going to have to teach your pets to share their toys!! Sounds like you have had a good day too.

Dianna, you are quiet, how has your day been?

Off to watch some tv, or to read until bedtime.
NY2CA
Pasadena, CA
(Zone 9b)

December 25, 2010
8:52 PM

Post #8276968

Just had to share this photo of Beau in his Santa hat...

Thumbnail by NY2CA

BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 25, 2010
11:15 PM

Post #8276998

Elsie, Thank you very much for reminding me of the member list. I actually had never seen it before. I do believe I know who to write to now.

Blessings,

Sheri
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 25, 2010
11:48 PM

Post #8277002

Oh look at Beau and I can see Lanie's legs in the background.Does she have the proper Christmas attire too? Glad to read your Skype 3way call was a success. I am sure it meant alot to you all.
Loretta loved the pic of you and your great niece.Hope your ham was as delicious as it smelled.
DH and I had a lovely day. For once DH didn't get up at 5 am to open his stocking he waited until 6am. Santa was very good tome again this year. There is that huge bread machine that he brought but DH is prepared since I am yeast impaired to make the bread. Hurrah!
Bonnie I am so glad your family is there with you. Boy that's all your DM needs is shingles.LOL at your SIL and the BBQ.
Tammy and Sandy please drive carefully. Andre is going to really miss you Sandy. And I just know there are some kiddens at your home Tam waiting for some skritches.
BonnieB do you have your DGD for the rest of the holidays?Friends dropped in for a bit this afternoon and the 'Buckeyes' were huge success.
Terese hope you and your family had a wonderful day. How is Budman doing?
Hope Izzy and Axel didn't drive you to distraction today Debbie.Santa brought Storm and Quill a rather large chewy so they were quite pleased. Streak was just happy to drink out of the tree holder.
Vicki I sure hope you had a restful day. Lotta stress on you this week!
What did your new DIL bring for dessert?
Kelly, Sarge hope your Christmas Day was as happy as mine was.
Time to try and get some sleep - catch ya all later.
Dianne

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2010
1:52 AM

Post #8277014

Hi guys! I'm glad you all had a wonderful day with your family! Cute pictures!
Second Christmas day and I'm at home!!!! Yesterday the kids and Granddad had a wonderful time while opening the presents. I got mine later, whne I came back home from work...not too late, at 6 p.m.
This is young Santa opening his presents!LOL

This message was edited Dec 26, 2010 5:53 AM

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2010
2:00 AM

Post #8277015

One more.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2010
2:01 AM

Post #8277017

With the toys.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2010
2:04 AM

Post #8277019

He loves the old Santa!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2010
3:15 AM

Post #8277031

Good morning everyone, cold here

BonnieB I am up near Atlanta,Ga. Susan is south of here. I think to far south for the snow.

Waving at everyone

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 26, 2010
4:48 AM

Post #8277095

TIME FOR A NEW THREAD

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1146410/
BirdieBlue
Winston Salem, NC
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2010
10:54 AM

Post #8277478

Well, the link isn't taking me anywhere...Has this flight been grounded? :-)
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2010
11:03 AM

Post #8277485

Sheri, it worked for me. Just go to pets and join us at 255.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America