Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Winter Sowing: Last frost date calculation

Communities > Forums > Winter Sowing
bookmark
Forum: Winter SowingReplies: 1, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

December 19, 2010
9:15 PM

Post #8268545

Just for curiosity's sake, I have found two websites that there appears to be discrepacy in last frost date..wished I had written them down but if I input my zip code in, one website gives me April 30th and another May 7..I know that we usually don't have frost after the last week of April but the soil temperature is usually too cold to plant starter plants out until about mid May. Now this past year was an exception..it got hot in early April, then we had a lot of rain and then it turned hot and never let up, staying between 90-103 for weeks. Which website do you use to figure out your last possible frost date?
CapeCodGardener
Mid-Cape, MA
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
6:51 PM

Post #8269869

Well, there's always the Dave's Garden Frost Date Calculator. It comes quite close to that the old-time gardeners around here go by:
http://davesgarden.com/guides/freeze-frost-dates/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Winter Sowing Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Winter Sowing Seed Swap .....part 2 alicewho 213 Mar 23, 2007 1:01 PM
Lessons learned for next year #2 zenpotter 256 Mar 23, 2007 7:56 AM
Milk jugs TurtleChi 99 Mar 19, 2007 12:20 PM
WS Poppies & transplant problems marie_ 100 May 11, 2011 4:44 PM
Database germination info bluespiral 6 Mar 5, 2008 12:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America