Photo by Melody

Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!: White/black/green Cardamom? Thanks !

Communities > Forums > Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!Replies: 0, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
karlmale
Saint James, NY
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
9:49 AM

Post #8269106

Thank you for the interesting and informative information on one of my favorite spices! I enjoyed it immensely!
Unfortunately, ground cardamom is usually the only style I can find locally on Long Island, NY. But I love to share (and confuse) when I use cardamom in things such as apple pie, stewed apricots, and lemon pound cake, and much more. It lends a complexity of flavor, especially when used with other spices, and can be confusing to those not familiar with it.
I have always wondered about the plant that it comes from, and thank you very much for the information. Maybe I will see it someday in the collections of a conservatory garden somewhere!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
enjoyed your article wind 38 Dec 20, 2007 3:17 PM
Cardamom northgrass 8 Nov 30, 2009 10:56 PM
Not Christmas without Cardamom soapwort243 0 Dec 6, 2007 10:02 PM
Great article & fabulous photos! tabasco 0 Dec 7, 2007 1:06 AM
Good article! nap 2 Dec 7, 2007 3:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America