Photo by Melody
PlantFiles is getting a new look! Just in time for spring, we're rolling out a new look for the best online plants database. It will also work with your smart phones and mobile devices, so now you can take it with you on garden center visits or botanical garden tours. Questions or comments? Please post them here.

Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!: White/black/green Cardamom? Thanks !

Communities > Forums > Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays!Replies: 0, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
karlmale
Saint James, NY
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
9:49 AM

Post #8269106

Thank you for the interesting and informative information on one of my favorite spices! I enjoyed it immensely!
Unfortunately, ground cardamom is usually the only style I can find locally on Long Island, NY. But I love to share (and confuse) when I use cardamom in things such as apple pie, stewed apricots, and lemon pound cake, and much more. It lends a complexity of flavor, especially when used with other spices, and can be confusing to those not familiar with it.
I have always wondered about the plant that it comes from, and thank you very much for the information. Maybe I will see it someday in the collections of a conservatory garden somewhere!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cardamom ~ add some spice to your holidays! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
enjoyed your article wind 38 Dec 20, 2007 3:17 PM
Cardamom northgrass 8 Nov 30, 2009 10:56 PM
Not Christmas without Cardamom soapwort243 0 Dec 6, 2007 10:02 PM
Great article & fabulous photos! tabasco 0 Dec 7, 2007 1:06 AM
Good article! nap 2 Dec 7, 2007 3:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America