Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar: History breaths into the present

Communities > Forums > Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedarReplies: 1, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
7now3
Mossyrock, WA

December 20, 2010
9:53 AM

Post #8269109

History well told! Thank you for the personal sharing of your "cedar story book". I live among red cedars where the native Americans once lived and feel their "stories" in the wind. My life continues the history recorded in these cedars. What a wonderful feeling of being a part of eternal life. Your brother must be blessed to see his life recorded in your cedar tree. God bless your sharing.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

December 20, 2010
9:59 AM

Post #8269115

The seedlings I brought from back home are now happily growing in my yard. In '09 we had a horrific ice storm, and the top of this one in the picture below was badly damaged. It looked pretty bad last year, but this year it's beautiful again. For the holidays I added lights, and when I look at it even at night, I remember.

Thank you so much, 7now3, your words touch my heart.

Thumbnail by Sharran
Click the image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Christmas Tree: Eastern red cedar Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
a beautiful tree debi_k 13 Dec 24, 2008 3:19 AM
Nice phicks 1 Dec 16, 2008 6:25 PM
What a great article! daylilydaddy 4 Dec 19, 2008 5:29 AM
Very Moving! BennysPlace 5 Dec 17, 2008 1:55 AM
AHHHMy Counrty of birth.... Gitagal 1 Dec 17, 2008 5:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America