Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Weather: December Weather # 2 Merry Christmas!

Communities > Forums > Weather
bookmark
Forum: WeatherReplies: 80, Views: 394
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2010
8:03 AM

Post #8273664

Busy thread. Can't make a month anymore without going over 200 posts, so will start a new one.

We have a nice day.
Warm, 20║
Overcast, with snow later today.
No wind.

We are working on the cabinets for the big kitchen. Some are going to be delivered today so we have room to finish some more.

We came from;
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1143390/

This message was edited Dec 23, 2010 11:06 AM
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 23, 2010
10:21 AM

Post #8273830

33░ (Wind Chill 27░)
Just got back from the last of the Christmas shopping.
Well we were out 3 hours...
Big stores are jammed... grocery and smaller places not so much.

Robyn's making a big lasagna for tomorrow's Family Christmas dinner.
Her Sister is making a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs.
Other Family members are pissed as we didn't do Turkey/Ham, but hey it's her house her rules...lol!
Plus we are starting at 1PM... the usual start time was around 6PM.
By the time everything got done and people filtered in from Church it could be 10PM before we got to the presents.
FAR too late for the little kids and us w/ an hour and a half drive home.
Again a few ticked off members but hey... can't please everyone.
Plus most of them will get back together Christmas Day anyway!

Our Son should be in from Iowa in a few hours.
He's staying w/ his girlfriend and we'll see him tomorrow and Saturday here for lunch.

Looks like the weather is trying to cooperate.
30░ and clear tomorrow.
Snow coming in Christmas Day thru Sunday.

Rusty take care of that diabetes!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 23, 2010
7:13 PM

Post #8274468

Started snowing on the way back from Mankato. Went there to get refund on some plywood I bought couple weeks ago. It's at Menards & is now on sale so they give you the difference back. I netted $70.00.
Then paid for 5 more sheets because sale ends Sunday. I will pick it up next time I am in town with the pickup.

I don't know where they plan on putting more snow. Streets are narrow, parking lots are using parking spots to store the snow. Piles are 15 feet high. Banks along the streets make it hard to see cars coming.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 23, 2010
8:04 PM

Post #8274540

Family can be tough to deal with at times but it sounds like you have it all under control. :)

15 feet!! Wow. That is scarey. It will take a long time for that to melt.

Glad you got the money back on the plywood.

We were suppoed to have partly sunny skies and no snow. You guessed it! No sun and we had more snow. Had to borrow a 4wd to get to the barn to feed 2 horses because the county had not salted and scraped like they were supposed to. Grrr

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
4:10 AM

Post #8274782

Merry Christmas! Love and hugs to my wonderful family of friends!!!

We do our Christmas today, so I will have to read these later to keep up.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2010
6:00 AM

Post #8274865

Real "Christmasy" snow this morning. Everything has about 4" of new white on it. Don't even know what our total is so far this year, but it is very close to a record amount for December.

SIL has today off, so I was going to help him string the wire in their new addition. That won't happen today. Still snowing, so plows won't be out.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 24, 2010
6:55 AM

Post #8274931

Merry Christmas!!!!!

I've miss everyone but it will slow down at work soon and I will be able to chat again. We're supposed to get rain today, high 43, low 33. Quite boring.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2010
7:19 AM

Post #8274948

We're looking at a Winter Weather Advisory here in Cincinnati.
And we are 'just' on the northern edge of the warning.
Snow should start here around 7-8PM.
2-3" by Christmas morning.
It's 29░ currently and shouldn't get much higher than 32░.
Hopefully it will be all snow.
No warning in Dayton so we should be OK as long as we get out and back before 10PM.
Plus it's all hwy driving and they have really been keeping up on the hwys.
They were brining as we were out yesterday.
Most of the snow is forecast for Southern IN and North-Central KY.
They are looking at 2-5" by morning.

No much by Bernie's standards but people freak out here in the snow.
Seems like they have to relearn to drive in it every year.
AND learn that SUV doesn't mean snowmobile! lol!

Ric

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2010
9:43 AM

Post #8275208

Still snowing. We got another inch since 9 AM.

More SUV's are in the ditch & crashes than any other vehicle.
The car companies advertise them going through anything. They never mention that they still have 4 wheels to stop like any other vehicle.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2010
10:14 AM

Post #8275254

Got raining this early morning and no icy yet so I was in hurry to store before it hit icy later on...

This Afternoon: A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 37. Wind chill values as low as 28. Southwest wind around 7 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Tonight: Periods of freezing drizzle, possibly mixed with snow before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow between 8pm and midnight, then a slight chance of flurries after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Wind chill values as low as 17. North wind between 7 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Christmas Day: Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Wind chill values as low as 16. North wind between 8 and 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

I hope it will be first Christmas Day snow in history (never know it will be or not!)...

This message was edited Dec 24, 2010 12:15 PM

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2010
10:46 AM

Post #8275288

NORAD Track Santa route:

http://www.noradsanta.org/en/index.html

It will where Santa stop by...lol...
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2010
5:33 PM

Post #8275724

MERRY Christmas to you ALL!

Got back about a half hour ago from Dayton.
It's snowing here on the west side of town but hadn't made it to the hwy before we came thru.
Which fit in perfectly w/ my plans...lol!
Very little traffic up or back.
THAT will change in a few hours...

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 24, 2010
6:30 PM

Post #8275767

Well we did it. Mankato & Minneapolis set records for most snow in December. 33.4" at Minneapolis & over 36" for Mankato. This is on top of what we had in November. Mankato street department said the plows went out for the first time November 13th.

I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

Forecast for sunshine & cold for the weekend.

Merry Christmas to all!
Bernie
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 24, 2010
6:53 PM

Post #8275786

That's a LOT of snow!

They are opening a Menards near us finally.
Should be open in a month or so.
Early_Bloomer
Springboro, PA
(Zone 5a)

December 24, 2010
8:08 PM

Post #8275850

Merry Christmas!

early_bloomer

Thumbnail by Early_Bloomer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
6:08 AM

Post #8276127

Well, Got icy on my deck and little pebbles of snow, too! Not much snow yet!

30* and wind chill 20*...

Merry Christmas!
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
7:02 AM

Post #8276192

Merry Christmas!
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

December 25, 2010
7:48 AM

Post #8276242

Merry Christmas To All!!!!!

I have no ice, just wet ground from the rain yesterday evening and cold temps, I think it's 38 right now. It's supposed to be cloudy and cold all day.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
8:02 AM

Post #8276259

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

We had about 1.5" of snow last night.
Looking at 59░ for New Year's Eve!!!!!!!!!

Robyn's new Rabbit.

Thumbnail by henryr10

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 25, 2010
2:42 PM

Post #8276619

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Our weather was really strange yesterday. lol. Started out raining, then sleet, snow and heavy snow at that, then it quit. Then a little while later it started raining again with intervals of flurries. By late afternoon it all pretty much melted and we are back to patches of snow that have been around for awhile. lol.

Flurries occasionally today but mostly cloudy with temps in the low 20s. Decks and other untreated surfaces are icy but otherwise the going is good around here.

An odd building that caught my eye.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:11 PM

Post #8276639

First a couple snow pics.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:13 PM

Post #8276642

Both of these are off my back step.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:16 PM

Post #8276644

Oldest & youngest at our house today. My granddaughter, Audrianna who is 7 & MIL who will be 93 in March.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:17 PM

Post #8276645

DD & kids.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:20 PM

Post #8276648

First cat that has shared our house in over 30 years. I'm getting to be a softy.
Makala.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:25 PM

Post #8276653

My son, his cousin & her Daughter.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:26 PM

Post #8276655

DD & SIL.

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 25, 2010
3:28 PM

Post #8276657

A little Christmas color.

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 25, 2010
5:06 PM

Post #8276769

Bernie it looks like you had a Marvelous Christmas

Hope you see grass or at least the driveway before June!

Ric

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 26, 2010
4:10 AM

Post #8277052

20░with a high of 21░
Through 11am: Mostly cloudy with temperatures steady in the mid teens.
Snow flurries around this morning. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
Dyson Dark

We had a fabulous snowfall all day for our Christmas, Friday. I finally felt like the year ended, like it should.

Early, that's a beautiful picture!

Ric, I love the rabbit!!

Pepper, cool building. If it's a home, it's a cozy one, LOL!

Bernie, a ''Santa'' snow for sure :o) You have a beautiful family and wonderful pictures.

The tree comes down today as there are a few needles falling every day. With the fires being reported here and there, I'm being safe. We'll tie it outside and I'll enjoy it till spring.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2010
12:14 PM

Post #8277572

Hello dear friends!! I am so sorry it's been a LONG time since I've posted... I can't believe how fast the time has gone by!!
I want to wish everyone a blessed New Year & hope it's going to be even better for you than this year!

Our weather hear is in the 30's right now.. we have been jumping back & forth all week from temps in the 70's to this! Yesterday (Christmas day) our furnace died!! We are ok & asked our repair guy to come tomorrow..but he came today..bless his heart! We had just gone out to buy another little ceramic heater too as the inside temps weren't higher than 61!! He may not be able to fix it today but we are grateful he's here! ( we didn't want him to miss out on his Christmas & we are ok so it wasn't an emergency).

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 26, 2010
1:28 PM

Post #8277670

Merry Christmas everyone! We had a nice Christmas with the family. No snow, just a few showers and 53 during the day. Nicholas had a Santa outfit and he opened his presents himself!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2010
1:59 PM

Post #8277702

aaawww... he's so cute!!! Merry Christmas to you too Adinamiti.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 26, 2010
4:57 PM

Post #8277936

LOL!
He looks GREAT!
Needs a little beard... ;-)
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2010
5:24 PM

Post #8277955

Cold again. lol. High of 28 and cloudy. Will get down into the teens tonight then start warming up for the rest of the week. Should be in mid 50s by Wed or Thurs.

Nicholas looks cute in that outfit!! LOL

This pic here is more of bare trees than the buildings. The gray place is an old and looks like abandoned church. The one on the corner is an old house that I can't remember if it looked abandoned or not. It may well be.

Thumbnail by pepper23

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2010
5:32 PM

Post #8277967

Pepper... it sounds like you & I are getting the same weather!!! As it's about those temps here too!!!! hahahaha
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2010
5:37 PM

Post #8277981

LOL. I's much rather be getting hit with the snowstorm that's hitting the east right now. My sleds are getting lazy around here without all the snow to use them on. lol
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 26, 2010
5:57 PM

Post #8278002

well..you can have it!!! I have had my share of snow!! I am originally from Ontario, Canada & they get a lot of snow at times!! My last winter in Canada was in 2004 ( March) & it was the worst storm that month... a foot of snow dropped every hour!! I was at work & it took me over 4 hrs to get home ( usually it's a 45 min. drive) & I had to stop off for gas 1/2 way home!!! NO THANK YOU! hahahahahaha
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 26, 2010
9:14 PM

Post #8278193

Started snowing here late yesterday evening. Snowed all night and most of the day and it's snowing now. Couldn't get to 4 of the horses today to feed them.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 26, 2010
9:33 PM

Post #8278200

We had some snow today, about an inch. 26║ and more snow and colder temps coming.

Cajun, the horses will be fine, won't they? I remember having to get out in all kinds of weather to feed the animals in Manila, UT. 4 goats, lots of chickens, 2 sheep, 3 horses, several geese. I kind of miss it, in a weird way. I hated being there but loved the times alone with the animals.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2010
3:23 AM

Post #8278285

15░ with a high of 20░
Through 10am: Mostly cloudy with temperatures steady near 10░.
Areas of dense morning fog. Sunshine and clouds mixed. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 19 min
Sunrise: 7:31 am
Moon Bright!

Cindylove, I honestly thought about you many times, wondering if you were coming back. Welcome back, LOL! Wow, aren't service guys great sometimes! I hope he's able to get it fixed. 61░ will be colder later even with little heaters! Do you have a gas stove so you could light the burners?

Oh Adina, that is the cutest picture!! I love his Mickey Mouse wrapping paper!!

Ric, ROTFL over the little beard!!! He would be a wonderful mini Santa Don!!

Pepper, there's something about an empty house. I love them, but am sorry that they just eventually fall down.

Cindylove, that's the greatest excuse to move that I've ever heard, LOL! 4 hours and needing gas! That is amazing to me!

Cajun, you are just not having a good winter are you?

Celia, DD has the goats, horses, chickens and one duck. That's how she feels. It's her alone time.

Well, we took the Christmas tree out and tied it in the garden. Cleaned up the needles and I just got started on the house. All of Christmas is packed away for next year. I'm dusted, and vacumed again for the third time. The carpet should be pretty clean by now! Plus DH shampooed it right before Christmas so we're good to go all winter.

It was nice, so I re-scooped paths wider too. Sure felt good to get moving again!
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2010
6:13 AM

Post #8278510

Still snowing here. Looks like we have about 8" now. The horses will be fine. We will get to them today. They have water. I hate winter.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
3:41 PM

Post #8279369

Cajuns must not be built for winter, huh? I have the same feelings and I am not from south Louisiana. The sooner winter is over the better I like it. Hope all of you are doing ok and that you aren't being handicapped too much by the weather. We are supposed to get warmer here tomorrow in Middle TN. I like that. Got a beautiful card Christmas Eve from Bernie and Bertha. Thanks Bernie. Hope you are doing well also with your record snowfall. Ya want me to be looking for some land for you here in our part of TN?
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2010
5:12 PM

Post #8279508

Elena, I am dreaming of the bayou with every flake that falls. LOL It was still snowing this morning but finally quit and we saw the sun for just a little bit. No snow for a few days now and I think it is supposed to warm up a bit. It will surely be welcome. A friend went on his 4 wheeler with a blade and scraped the road up to the barn for us. We were able to get to all the horses today.

I will be on my own with the feeding and watering tomorrow because DH has his heart cath in the morning. I'll stay home and get everything done and then get somebody to give me a ride to the hospital so I can pick him up. It will be a busy day and a nerve wracking one. Of course, I would rather go with him in the morning but it can't be.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 27, 2010
6:10 PM

Post #8279596

HIYA Billyporter!! wow..you made me feel "loved" by missing me!! hahaha
We were blessed yesterday as our repairman showed up unannounced & fixed the furnance! He is a great guy & he even gave us a 15% discount for being loyal customers..so it didn't cost much...not even $200!
It's still chilly here today but sunny..the high only got to 48. It's predicted by Thursday to be in the 70's as a high & the 30's as a low!! hahaha
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 27, 2010
6:20 PM

Post #8279611

Lows in the teens and a high just above freezing. Had freezing fog overnight so it looked like an ice storm hit this morning. lol. Got pics but will have to wait til tomorrow to download them.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
7:08 PM

Post #8279673

Cheryl, we are supposed to warm up so I figure you will also. I hope so for your sakes. Think spring! Think spring! Think spring!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
7:10 PM

Post #8279675

I'm waaaaay behind, too! Love the pics of Nicholas but like Ric says--he needs a little beard! ROFL
Bernie: that is MUCHO snow! You should post those pics on BP's "country scenes" thread--and you, too, Pepper!

# Tonight: Mainly clear skies. Low 27F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tomorrow: Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 48F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tomorrow night: Cloudy during the evening. A few showers developing late. Low near 35F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

We had a good Christmas, although there were a few teary-eyed moments as we all keenly felt the loss of Rachelle. There was definitely a face or two (Pau's, also) missing in our family unit this year.

We managed to get some good group photos, although we will have to "photoshop" two prints together to get everybody in one picture. Next year we need to hire a pro to come in and take the group photo! LOL My daughter took this photo.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
7:11 PM

Post #8279678

My daughter's husband took this photo;

Thumbnail by marsue

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 27, 2010
7:53 PM

Post #8279735

HI Marsue!! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you... I too have been away for awhile & can't believe just how long it's been..time really flew by for me!!!

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 28, 2010
3:08 AM

Post #8280020

13░ with a high of 28░
Through 10am: Partly cloudy with temperatures steady near 16░
Sunshine and clouds mixed. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Time Until Sunrise: 2 hrs 24 min
Sunrise: 7:31 am

Cajun, I hold tight to the thought that Spring will be all that much sweeter. But how much longer can I make myself believe it? How nice to have good friends like that! I'm saying prayers for DH. I hope it goes well and you aren't too stressed!

Elena, about Tennessee... :o)

Cindylove, that's fantastic! I'll bet the heat feels good! Oh, how good the 70's sound to me :o)

Marsue, bittersweet moments to be sure, but I'm glad the family was together! The photos are beautiful!

Today we start taking the outdoor things down. Here, you have to take the weather as it comes, and it's coming to 40░. I'd like to leave lights up, but...

CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2010
7:37 AM

Post #8280300

Love those family pics.

I am a bit jealous of the warm temps.

It was 14* here this morning. I am trying to get all the work done so I can get to the hospital. Got the biggest part of it done here at the house. Now to go across the mountain. I am waiting for my water carrying backpack to dry along with my jacket. A gallon of water spilled in my BP so I have been out in the cold with a wet back but it cannot be helped. I am begging for Spring to come quickly. I woke up in the night with HORRIBLE stomach cramps and was near to passing out before they quit. I was able to get a couple hours of sleep but I am afraid to eat or drink much. I had a bit of Tang and a few crackers.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 28, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #8280524

Cajun, sorry you got the cramps! I hope you're feeling better now.
Mau, wonderful pictures of your family!

It's been snowing yesterday all day and we have a lot of snow, but not so much...we can get out of the street!LOLNow they say it'll freeze...arrgghhh! Nicholas had his first contact with the snow today!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 28, 2010
9:40 AM

Post #8280526

With his hands(gloves) too!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 28, 2010
10:41 AM

Post #8280592

Warm! We actually have water dripping off the roof!
Sunny.

A person called yesterday about some cabinets, so I am working up an estimate now.

Big kitchen is coming along. Son is working on doors today. Most of the cabinets are stained & varnished. Drawers are finished.
The floor has to be installed before we put cabinets in.

Winter seems long already & we have 3 months to go, oh my!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2010
1:14 PM

Post #8280842

I'll be lazy and just say "ditto" to what BP has said. She always comments so nicely! :o))

Adina; your pictures of Nicholas always make me smile! :o))

"Winter seems long already & we have 3 months to go, oh my!" Bernie: I completely agree!

Waving to everybody and big hugs to all, too!

Forecast here at my DD's house in Harrison, AR where I will be through New Year's:
# Today: More clouds than sun. High 49F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
# Tonight: Cloudy skies early, then off and on rain showers overnight. Low 36F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
# Tomorrow: Occasional rain tapering to a few showers late. High 47F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2010
3:57 PM

Post #8281045

Here's the weather will be thru New Year:

Tonight: A 40 percent chance of rain after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 38. South wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 51. Wind chill values as low as 35 early. South wind between 8 and 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Wednesday Night: Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Thursday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy, with a south wind between 16 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.

Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Friday: A 50 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

New Year's Day: Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.

Yeah, Final getting warming this week...
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2010
5:43 PM

Post #8281165

Reached mid 30s today and sunny. Kinda nice. Rain and rain mix coming in tomorrow.

Here is one of the arrangements I made for work last week and bought myself. lol

Thumbnail by pepper23

CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 28, 2010
8:19 PM

Post #8281384

I am feeling much better. Still a bit touchy but not painful. That happens to me every 3 or 4 months. Just out of the blue. Never lasts long but it is excrutiating.

It warmed up just a bit today and the sun was welcome and so beautiful. Cold as out there now. I need to get another tarp up on the goat house.

Love the pics of the DGS, Adina. Looks like he enjoyed the snow.

Nice flowers Pep. The white and yellow really pop against the greenery. Good job.

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 29, 2010
3:31 AM

Post #8281531

9░ with a high of 36░
Fog: Visibility: 0.2 miles
Today: Partly sunny. Areas of dense fog in the morning. Patchy fog late in the afternoon. Patchy freezing drizzle late in the afternoon. High in the mid 30s. South wind 10 to 15 mph.

Cajun, (((Big Hugs))) What happened? I hope you're better now and not getting any Crud.

Adina, ROTFL!!! Are you sure Nicholas felt any snow? He's such a cutie! Aww, a snow baby!

Bernie, being busy just means a lot more time to be busy. It doesn't seem like time is going very fast for you. The work is a welcome alternative to sitting in front of the TV all day.

Mau, I'll continue to comment :o) Have a relaxing New Years Eve!

Rusty, we have that chance of rain this afternoon. Wow! I think most of your snow is going to melt!

Pepper, you have a nice eye for arranging! I love the whole thing too! The yellow is what makes it nice!

Cajun, I wish I had an answer for your ailment. Do you eat anything different at those times? I'm glad you're feeling better now. (((Big Hugs)))

My oldest Grandson is on his way to the hospitol for tubes in the ears and adenoids out. I've been waiting for this for a year. I wish Dr.s weren't so held back on decisions. He's been talking thru his nose and has had constant stuffy noses. Plus, he's been snoring for more than a year. Kids aren't supposed to snore!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2010
5:07 AM

Post #8281582

Rusty: your weather sounds like ours--we will have a 30 degree drop in the high temperature between Friday and Saturday!
Pepper: that's a nice arrangement. I can see why you wanted it for yourself! :o)
Cajun: so glad you are feeling better! What does the doctor say about those periodical bouts of the stomach cramps? That doesn't sound "normal" to me to have those every few months.
BP: hope all goes well with the DGS' surgery this morning. It's hard on everybody when a little guy isn't feeling well so I hope he recovers quickly!

It is now 7:05 a.m. here. and still dark because it is raining. The current temp. is 44F.
# Today: A steady rain early...then remaining cloudy with a few showers. High 47F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.
# Tonight: Cloudy. Low 44F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph.
# Tomorrow: Cloudy skies with a few showers later in the day. High near 65F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

I tried 3 times to get Friday to go outside but he wasn't about to stick his nose out in the rain! LOL

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #8281617

[quote="billyporter"]

Rusty, we have that chance of rain this afternoon. Wow! I think most of your snow is going to melt![/quote]

I has just pebbles of snow and it not much snow on ground it all gone just one different spots...

See all the peoples in New York has snow up to 24 inches of snow... Once I was living in Buffalo, NY and they told me about how deep up to 1 story snow fill up so I move out of New York to California in 1985 (live there for 3 months homesick!)...
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2010
9:14 AM

Post #8281916

Isn't it amazing how we all have such diverse weather. The world is an amazing place.

Glad they are finally getting the tubes put in and the adnoids out. Must be miserable for a little guy to have such troubles.

No offense to NY but I wouldn't want to live there. The snow here is bad enough. LOL I really don't know how you guys survive it for months on end. I would be in the nut house.

I am feeling better. I know I had some bleeding because of the stool color. I have stomach ulcers and I guess that is what is going on. It doesn't seem to be food related so much as stress. Not much I can do about that at the moment. I have wondered about IRB. We do not have medical insurance so going to the doctor has to be an emergency for us. DH is having lots of health problems right now so I will just have to take care of myself and pray. God is able.

It will be a better day today. The sun is shining!!!!!!

This is an old coal chute and storage shed by my house.

Thumbnail by CajuninKy

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2010
4:22 PM

Post #8282600

Snow, snow, snow!
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2010
4:49 PM

Post #8282655

Warmed up to high 40s with drizzle and fog all day. Tomorrow we are supposed to be near 60. Friday the temps will drop some. But Saturday our high will only be around 25.

Here's a close up of the arrangement without the glare.

Thumbnail by pepper23

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2010
4:50 PM

Post #8282659

Here's the freezing fog we had the other day.

Thumbnail by pepper23

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 29, 2010
5:41 PM

Post #8282751

Cajun there's a bug running around here w/ the same symptoms you had.
Felt almost like food poisoning but w/ a slight fever.
Hit me hard a few nights ago.
I drank a ton of the milder Gatorade.
Knocked it out fast.
redheadclan
Vail, AZ

December 29, 2010
5:52 PM

Post #8282771

The winter storm finally got here. It's supposed to rain all night and well into tomorrow, then there's a chance of snow in the evening and a freeze down to 25. I hope it stops raining long enough for me to put out the heat lamps. If it snows it might break the bulbs if I put them out early.
CajuninKy
Biggs, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 29, 2010
8:32 PM

Post #8282960

Henry, glad that bug didn't have it's hooks in you for long. I have had this stuff evry 3 or 4 months for years now. With the ulcers, the stomach virus hits me double hard when I do get it but I think this stuff is different. It seems to be more stress related. But I am fine now other than a bit of soreness. I am back to eating like always. ( too much ) LOL

It was beautiful today!!! Got up over 40* and the sun was shining to beat the band. I was able to work without my jacket and sweat shirt most of the day except on the mountain where the ponies are. It is never warm up there.

DH said it is supposed to rain tomorrow but be warm again. I'll take it!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 29, 2010
9:18 PM

Post #8283003

High today was 30 something. Still above freezing.
We are to get rain tomorrow, then back to reality. 5║ for a high Friday. Then below zero!

I am going into hiding!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2010
9:31 AM

Post #8283546

Bernie, I don't blame you. I'd like to curl up under a blanket until Spring.

Pepper, I love your arrangement! Such pretty colors! Yikes on the cold!!!

Ric, sorry you were sick. Did Robyn get it, too? I hope not.

Cajun, I catch everything that goes by. DH is strong as an ox and rarely gets sick. Glad you're doing better now.

23.6║ and overcast.

Isis can never resist an open door.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 30, 2010
5:48 PM

Post #8284116

Our temps today were in the low 70's!!! We received a LOT of rain yesterday & the day before..in fact, there was enough to fill my empty birdbath!!!
We are due for another freeze this weekend!!!
Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! God's blessings to one & all!
Cindy
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

December 30, 2010
6:27 PM

Post #8284168

Warm with temps near 70* today. Sun peeked out every now and then and the wind was pretty strong. Had to make sure everything was secure before you went out or you would lose it. Even had an older woman hold on to me as I helped with her groceries because the wind was so strong.

Thumbnail by pepper23

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 30, 2010
7:55 PM

Post #8284309

High of 41║ this afternoon.
Lots of snow melt.

Now 14║
Wind west at 25 to 30 mph.

Only took about 1 hour to drop that far.

I just came in from the shop. I am working on a fun project. Pictures tomorrow!

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 31, 2010
1:41 AM

Post #8284509

Hi guys! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! Nicholas started to say ba-ba and ma-ma...you'll see him soon in some videos I made. I don't know what we will do when they will leave...only 10 more days !
It's freezing here ! It's been 10F last night...double brrrrr!LOL
I cooked meals for New Years Eve these last days : the turkey jelly, beef and veggie salad and peanut ice-cream. Today I have more to cook : meatballs, turkey and chicken sour soup, fruit salad and deviled eggs. I'm working today until 12:30 p.m., then I'll have all the time to cook. I hope to find some time to take a nap so I can stay late tonight and get up in time for work tomorrow morning...I'm working all day!
Sending 2 albums if you want to see more pics and videos :

http://picasaweb.google.com/adinamiti/AVisitAtTheGodparents?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO_nbHZh-X9Ng#

http://picasaweb.google.com/adinamiti/AVisitAtTheGodparents?authkey=Gv1sRgCKO_nbHZh-X9Ng#

Have fun and enjoy New Year's Eve! Happy New Year!
Hugs,
Adina

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2010
4:02 AM

Post #8284561

34░ with a high of 50░
Through 11am: Rain showers arriving by 6am. Cloudy with temperatures steady near the upper 30s. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
Rain showers early becoming more intermittent for the afternoon.
Dyson Dark

Hi all! I'm trying to catch up. I read, answered in my head and enjoyed the photos.

Grandson went thru surgery well and was home in a few hours. By evening he hadn't had any Tylenol, and by the next day, when we went out, was happy as can be. I look for much improvement! They'll check his hearing next week. He had so much fluid, his eardrum wasn't even moving.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2010
5:59 AM

Post #8284682

Ric: sorry you had the old stomach bug but glad you are okay now.
Cajun: glad you are feeling better, too!
Celia: take off your catcher's mitt! LOL
Bernie: as all the weather folk say: "Hunker down!"

Everybody have a great New Year's eve and don't overdo the celebrating! :o)

# Today: Windy with showers and thunderstorms this morning. Then becoming sunny during the afternoon hours. A few storms may be severe early. High 69F. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%.
# Tonight: Partly cloudy this evening, then becoming cloudy after midnight. Low 28F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

December 31, 2010
6:01 AM

Post #8284684

SallyBP, I'm so glad all went well with the surgery! Many hugs to the little one !
redheadclan
Vail, AZ

December 31, 2010
8:16 AM

Post #8284863

Well, we had a bit of everything yesterday, .23in of rain, a little snow, winds gusting to 46 mph, and then a low of 23.9. It just made it up to 32.5 at 9 am. That's the coldest it's been in the 3 1/2 years I've been here. of course that beats the -15 in my home town of Calgary.
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

December 31, 2010
6:00 PM

Post #8285748

Sunny & mild today..in the mid 60's..but we are dropping temps as I speak..we are due for another freezing weekend in the 20's over night... hopfully in the 50's during the day. I disturbed a wasp today as I pulled out a roll of paper towel!! This warm weather has all the bugs confused!!!!
Happy New Year to everyone!!! All the best for 2011!!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

December 31, 2010
6:14 PM

Post #8285775

Boy weather is taking 2010 out in a fury.
Tornadoes in Arkansas, Missouri, & Illinois. Big snowstorm here in the north.
Hopefully 2011 will be kinder.

Join me here for New Years party.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1147130/

Bernie

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America