Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins: Christmas Holiday 3-Item Swap Part 8 Winding Down

Communities > Forums > Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins
bookmark
Forum: Group Trades, Swaps and Round RobinsReplies: 69, Views: 430
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
5:17 AM

Post #8278426

For those of you still chatting and having fun we needed a new thread. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is safe and warm in all the snow.

we came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1144111/

This message was edited Dec 27, 2010 8:19 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
Click the image for an enlarged view.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 27, 2010
6:56 AM

Post #8278574

Thanks for the new thread!!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
7:14 AM

Post #8278610

Pretty Amaryllis!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2010
9:06 AM

Post #8278773

Middle of a blizzard in my neck of the woods. Snow and 50 mph winds. It's not fun to go out so in I am!! and staying in!!!!! It is so cold in that wind. I don't even want to go to the PO today!
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
10:11 AM

Post #8278871

Barb you be careful up there. I bet you are getting killed with snow. UGH!

Fruity whatever you do don't ask me which amaryllis that is OK?? ;)
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

December 27, 2010
11:15 AM

Post #8278961

Barb, be careful up there with all that snow and wind. I saw that the poor East Coast was just hammered with bad weather. So glad DS made it home - Norfolk got 12 inches of snow and he would've never made it out of there. I read that in the Carolinas most of the hardest hit communities don't even have s*** removal equipment. You just gotta feel sorry for those places. Cold here right now but warming up to the mid 50's by Friday and Saturday.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2010
11:58 AM

Post #8279042

Hi guys just wanted to let all know hubby got down on me yesterday
and I learned one thing I'm not able to take care of him so will be putting him in nursing home in next couple of days right now he is in the hospital
he didnt get hurt he just went to hospice care so I could get some rest
as I have not had much sleep. Well enough of me hope everyone had a
wonderful Christmas sissy70
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
12:55 PM

Post #8279123

Judy I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes though in your situation you need something like that to happen so that you really can get some rest for yourself. Hospice will take very good care of him I am certain. Now get some rest and think about yourself for a few days. That doesn't make you a bad person, not at all.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
2:32 PM

Post #8279259

Hello all. Internet has been down since Thursday!!!!. Neener, so glad your box received and in one piece, and that you like it. Got to spend a WONDERFUL time with the Grandchildren. They were sooOOooOOoOoO excited to see me. We had a great time.

Belated MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, and a very Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
2:49 PM

Post #8279285

Sissy/Judy -- thinking of you and praying. I can relate a bit. I can't get my DH up either when he falls. He has to sit there until his meds kick in or if he can get to something close by or a chair to pull himself up, sometimes he can do that. You rest ... I know how much you need it!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 27, 2010
3:27 PM

Post #8279349

Sending warm and gentle hugs Sissy and lots of prayers for you too. Think of you often...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
4:26 PM

Post #8279443

My heart goes out to all of you caring for your loved ones in one way or another. Caretakers wear themselves out just maintaining, rarely get the rest they need, and don't receive nearly enough credit for the job they do.

Been wondering about you, Patti. So glad the short time you were able to spend with yours Grands turned out to be such a happy day! You needed some sunshine :)

Neener, since we ordered from the same place, she looks like Vera that I didn't order.

Photo is a ceramic Cherub ornament I painted in 1989. Lordy time flies.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 27, 2010
4:32 PM

Post #8279453

Thanks FOTV. It was a great day.

At least now I proved to hubby I am not 'addicted' to my internet. LOL
rvnsbrk
Leesburg, VA
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2010
3:41 AM

Post #8280028

That ornament is bodacious Fruitcake! Thinking of playing on some mud on Thursday if all goes well. Have this sculpture in my head that I can't get out, so I guess it is time.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2010
5:55 AM

Post #8280119

[quote="FruitOfTheVine"]My heart goes out to all of you caring for your loved ones in one way or another. Caretakers wear themselves out just maintaining, rarely get the rest they need, and don't receive nearly enough credit for the job they do.

Fruit you said it all Thank you.

I want lessons on how to paint eyes,LOL your cherubs are beautiful

This message was edited Dec 28, 2010 8:55 AM

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2010
7:26 AM

Post #8280276

I thank you also for it is not easy taking care of my Dad!
Lately he is fighting me with his dentures! I have tried every gooey paste, powder, sticky pads, and he still complains about food getting under them when he eats!
Any suggestions please???????
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2010
7:30 AM

Post #8280288

Super glue?????? :-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 28, 2010
7:32 AM

Post #8280292

LOL!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 28, 2010
7:38 AM

Post #8280304

It sounds like his dentures need adjusting, his mouth has probably shrunk more so they don't fit well. My dad went through that. He said Ezo was working the best, then he went back to the dentist.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 28, 2010
7:46 AM

Post #8280324

Yes, the gums do shrink. That might very well be the root of the problem.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 29, 2010
6:07 AM

Post #8281625

I saw an ad on TV for Poly Grip Free, saying seeds wouldn't get up under them. Just FYI
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 29, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #8281629

They might be able to reline them,but it will be 150-200.00 sadly it is not cheap..

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 30, 2010
7:10 AM

Post #8283294

Yah, nothing is cheap anymore is it? :(

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 30, 2010
7:53 AM

Post #8283358

Wow, you would think they would consider the mouth will shrink, and wait till it does to make the dentures! Just another scam to get more money from your pocket!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
4:07 AM

Post #8284566

well , unfortunately if you lose weight your dentures will not fit properly any more.My FIL was a dental tech had his own lab,made dentures and crowns and bridges for 50 years.a good fitting pair of dentures comes from a good impression or mold. The dh just had a wax try in yesterday,to make sure we liked the size and color of the teeth,then on jan 10th they will pull the 4 remaining teeth,and immediately gets his upper denture,since he will be having 4 teeth pulled the same day then they will wait I think 2-3 months for his gums to heal and shrink completely , then they reline the upper plate .this is the way dentures have been made forever.That is included in the price of the dentures,but if the dh would happen to loose say 30-40 lbs after he got his dentures he would have to pay to have them relined.Sadly it is not cheap ,certainly for our elderly..Umm is there a free dental clinic,Like we have Matthew 25 that provides dental care for lower income people,wish you were here I could get them relined for free for your dad..I work for a dentist that provides services for Matthew 25.Hope this helps

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

December 31, 2010
4:16 AM

Post #8284573

Oh I wish I was closer to you!
That is the story here. When Mom passed away, dad went to live with my brother in Washington. There he was placed on Medicaid and got all the work done on his teeth. Since then Dad has lost about 80 pounds! So I guess I need to go and get them fixed! Here in Texas they say he does not qualify for Medicaid so it is all out of pocket!!!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
4:44 AM

Post #8284594

linda ,also look into a Dental collage that might be close to your area,they offer all kinds of services for cheap or almost free,it could be worth an hour or two drive..
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
5:03 AM

Post #8284610

Hi all ... I got this really weird dmail this morning, and didn't know if I should report it or what. Did any of you get anything like this:

This D-Mail was a Group Blast to one of kaju32's group. Your replies to this D-Mail will only be seen by kaju32.

hi
this is ramdas in muscat.I am garden lover and want to introduce myself to all of u. if u are interested in communicationg me , kindly do it.
tel 0096899731435
kaju32@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Crit
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
5:25 AM

Post #8284639

Umm I dont like the way it sounds..Or maybe they are not understanding how DG works ???? I belong to Biker or Not and sadly there are guys that are constantly trying to scam anyone ,trying to get you to go somewhere else to chat,I dont go there..Im thinking they dont get how this works...but beware anyway

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
5:37 AM

Post #8284658

I occasionally get blasts, but they are from people I know. That sounds like a scam in the works. :(
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

December 31, 2010
5:45 AM

Post #8284668

Im with Carole.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
5:56 AM

Post #8284677

Is there a way to report it?

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2010
5:58 AM

Post #8284680

Did you go to the persons dg id and check her out? She maybe from a different country and doesn't understand.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2010
6:03 AM

Post #8284687

Ok, I just went to the address exchange and couldn't find ramdas or kayju32, so you ought to report it to DG. Someone that doesn't even have a subscription is sending dmail blasts and you think it's a scam.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
6:11 AM

Post #8284704

How do I do that?

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
6:12 AM

Post #8284709

Just Dmail Melody Rose and she will take care of it.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2010
6:19 AM

Post #8284724

Thsnkd Carole, CRS big time today. Plus trying to type with dog on lap.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
6:20 AM

Post #8284730

Can't find Melody Rose in members list. I did send a dmail to admin. Maybe that will do it. THANKS!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2010
6:23 AM

Post #8284735

Yes, Melody Rose is Admin. Sorry I didn't give enough info.

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2010
11:16 AM

Post #8285095

Just poppin' in to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year. Hope it's your best ever!!!!!
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 1, 2011
3:37 PM

Post #8287202

just dropped by to let all know have put hubby in nursing home where he will get good care our daughter works there in dietary dept so can go and check on him at end of her shift as at the price of gas I will not be able to go everyday thanks for all the prayers sissy70

This message was edited Jan 1, 2011 6:39 PM

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2011
3:40 PM

Post #8287208

God bless you Judy - you did the right thing. It's hard I know, but you need to take care of you too. At least you have your daughter there to keep an eye out for him. You will stay in my prayers...

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2011
7:04 PM

Post #8287489

Sorry you have to go through that, but I know taking care of a loved one like that takes a toll on your own health. I took care of my MIL for quite a while, we never put her in a home. She stayed with us until the night before her death. We had to rush her to the hospital she refused to even get in the ambulance. It was hard on all of us. My prayers are with you and your family.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2011
9:13 PM

Post #8287628

Judy, I'm so sorry to hear that; I know how hard it must be on you. At least your daughter can check on him all the time.
I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 2, 2011
5:27 AM

Post #8287835

sissy ,sending prayers your way ..Are you doin ok /? The nursing home must be not close to where you live ?? that would be hard.Glad you daughter works there,that will be a great help to you.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2011
6:00 PM

Post #8289120

Judy sending prayers and ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))) your way!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2011
8:18 PM

Post #8289339

Your heart is in the right place, Judy, and know he's getting the best care, especially with your daughter working there who will be able to give you daily updates. How far away are you from the nursing home? Gas prices here are ridiculously high, pushing $3 a gallon. Get some much needed rest, Hon!

Do I dare ask what everyone's New Year's goals or resolutions are? I need to get off my duff and walk more, even when it's cold, and get a curb on the sweet and salty attacks I have late at night. So far so good...we just have healthy microwave popcorn, and there's not a single solitary piece of chocolate in the house!

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2011
3:26 AM

Post #8289498

FOTV I feel so sorry for you -- NO CHOCOLATE????? I find if I limit myself to ONE Hershey kiss after dinner, I can control the craving. I know I can have it them with no guilt so I leave it alone until then!!!
Works for me.

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2011
5:18 AM

Post #8289584

Can't go without my chocolate. The doc says it's fine to eat it because it helps with the cramping in my feet and legs. But I need to make sure it is the dark chocolate.
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2011
5:40 AM

Post #8289617

Yes I need to start doing something .I had lost 17 lbs over the summer wanted to keep it off was going good till about 3 weeks ago...Gained 8 lbs acckk,I just bought 2 new pair of jeans not even going to try to put them on till I drop that new found weight !!! i used to work out wish I still did...DH wont hear of me having a membership to the Y,tried to get him to go with me ..Nope ..Id like to start walking but out in the country it is a bit scary by yourself,and the roads are all crowned so your walking crooked,hard on my hips.My 3lb free weights are sitting out ,but I have not picked them up yet !!! and here I sit at the pc LOL.Need to find motivation...Also better get to work,its Monday again.LOL

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2011
6:00 AM

Post #8289661

I hear you about the country and walking, not only it can be scarey with houses being few and far between, but the gravel crowned roads are hard for anyone to walk on properly. I walk with my dogs around the yard and to the barn everyday about 6 imes or so. My yard is about 3 acres so it's a pretty good workout, I have to keep up with the chi, she is small and the right size dinner for the eagles and hawks, and the big owls at night.
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 3, 2011
4:34 PM

Post #8290797

Hi all I tell you trying to get all the paper work done for medicaid it is a bummer.but am getting there
I am about 18 miles from the nursing home and gas is over $3 a gallon
I try to go every other day.
Wishing You all a very good "2011" Love sissy70

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2011
4:42 PM

Post #8290812

Saying hello back to you sissy70. That paperwork is almost ridiculus isn't it? Sometimes I just want to write "I use Scott toilet tissue" and be done with it!!!!!

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 4, 2011
1:21 AM

Post #8291418

Yes, it is!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 4, 2011
11:59 AM

Post #8292149

Barb, choked on my coffee..lol

Quilter5bdsr

Quilter5bdsr
(Barb) Hillsboro, NH
(Zone 5a)

January 5, 2011
6:41 AM

Post #8293297

Glad I made you smile Betty!!!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 6, 2011
4:59 AM

Post #8294973

That was funny... Ive heard horror stories trying to get signed up to various agencies.My mom had issues with ssd ,but her birth certificate was the culprit.My mom thought her name was Margie Violet Schimilski,then she recieved a copy from chicago,her name had been Daisy Violet,scratched out then written above was Margaret Violet,she had no Idea..LOL But margie is short for margaret,her sisters didnt even know.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 6, 2011
6:22 AM

Post #8295108

I was always Elizabeth Marie for 40 years
Got my passport so had to order birth papers, name is
Bessie Marie Alice, then came the chore, had to change every document to name on birth document yikes, somewhere at a meeting or appt. and they call for Bessie, half the time they have to do it 3 times before I realize it's me...

Apparently as my maternal grandmother who died a few month before my birth at 43 mom decided to call me Bessie after her and Marie after my godmother and Alice after my dad's mom...put it on all the documents, when they did the baptisimal priest said Bessie was a cows name so wouldn't do it, had to go to the closest Saint name (as if, calling me after a saint-lol) so Elizabeth it was..guess they all forgot about the original papers signed in the hospital
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 6, 2011
6:35 AM

Post #8295140

I`d bet this happens alot,well maybe not so much anymore ? It is good for a laugh, sometimes ? i did get a kick out of daisy violet..LOL TG my name is Tamara Michele,they did call me Mike forever LOL ???

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2011
7:30 AM

Post #8295243

Know the feeling well, was named Robin Rose. Robin after my dad, Robert and my granny Rose. They called me Rosie for a couple of years, then I had a cousin born whom they named Rosemary, so my nickname got changed to Bobby cause dad went by Bob. Then a year or so later my little brother was born and they named him Robert, so my named got changed again to Robbie, I hated that and would not answer to anyone except my Aunt, They finally had to go with Robin, which I hated too. So then I went through a phase of renaming myself every week. I never knew who I was the first year of school.
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2011
4:58 PM

Post #8296159

My name is Rosemary Patrice but go by "Patti" because my mom's name was Rosemary. Whenever someone called me Patricia I always had to correct them that it was Patrice. Hence, I grew to despise that name. I had never seen my birth certificate but decided to get a copy of it in case we wanted to go somewhere and I needed a passport. When it came, I was in SHOCK ... right there in black and white was Rosemary Patricia . UGH!!!!!! I called vital statistics and told them that was incorrect. They told me to just send it back with a note of the correction and they would fix it. WHEW!
huggergirl
Columbia City, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2011
4:32 AM

Post #8296713

oH this is good !!! LOL Hey my sisters name is Dawn Patrice,they called us pat and mike LOL and i hate to be called Tammy ! I will never forget my kg teacher,I wrote my name backwards Mat,and she would say no your name is spelled T a m a r a ,I loved her for that,an short for Tamara is Tam...loved that
sissy70
Rushville, IN
(Zone 5b)

January 9, 2011
7:34 AM

Post #8300345

Hi everyone just letting you know my hubby passed away on the 6th of Jan will be having funeral Tuesday
Wanted to thank all of you for the support you have given me may not be on for a few days
love all of you sissy70

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

January 9, 2011
7:43 AM

Post #8300360

Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time!

Robynznest

Robynznest
Pittsburg, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2011
11:41 AM

Post #8300766

So sorry to hear that sissy, May God be with you and yours now and the days to come. I'm sending you my prayers.

Blessed Be.

Cville_Gardener

Cville_Gardener
Middle TN
United States
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
12:23 PM

Post #8300838

Love you, Judy. ♥♥♥
Crit
Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
2:34 PM

Post #8301050

Condolences sissy. Be glad in knowing he is now in heaven with our Lord.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2011
3:26 PM

Post #8301150

(((Hugs, Judy))) I'm so sorry, sweetie, for you and your entire family.
janaestone
(Di) Seven Mile, OH
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2011
2:04 PM

Post #8303008

Oh Judy, I wish I could say something to help. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this time.
MaggieHanson
Warner Robins, GA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2011
12:25 PM

Post #8306939

So sorry for your loss, Judy. (((hugs)))

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Group Trades, Swaps and Round Robins Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
ZZ's - Star-Studded - 'Tomato Seed Round-Robin'. ZZTOPSOIL 335 Aug 8, 2007 11:54 PM
CLOSED: Any newbies wanna start a round robin? kaykay1010 134 Dec 14, 2010 6:31 PM
Spring Fever RR Crimson 146 Apr 13, 2007 12:08 PM
Houseplant Swap snboyken 146 Apr 30, 2007 12:59 PM
Yesterday's News Robin's Resurrection sign-up here Gourd 284 Jul 11, 2007 4:23 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America