Christmas Holiday 3-Item Swap Part 8 Winding Down

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

For those of you still chatting and having fun we needed a new thread. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is safe and warm in all the snow.

we came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1144111/

This message was edited Dec 27, 2010 8:19 AM

Thumbnail by rvnsbrk
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread!!!

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

Pretty Amaryllis!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Middle of a blizzard in my neck of the woods. Snow and 50 mph winds. It's not fun to go out so in I am!! and staying in!!!!! It is so cold in that wind. I don't even want to go to the PO today!

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Barb you be careful up there. I bet you are getting killed with snow. UGH!

Fruity whatever you do don't ask me which amaryllis that is OK?? ;)

(Di) Seven Mile, OH(Zone 6b)

Barb, be careful up there with all that snow and wind. I saw that the poor East Coast was just hammered with bad weather. So glad DS made it home - Norfolk got 12 inches of snow and he would've never made it out of there. I read that in the Carolinas most of the hardest hit communities don't even have s*** removal equipment. You just gotta feel sorry for those places. Cold here right now but warming up to the mid 50's by Friday and Saturday.

Rushville, IN(Zone 5b)

Hi guys just wanted to let all know hubby got down on me yesterday
and I learned one thing I'm not able to take care of him so will be putting him in nursing home in next couple of days right now he is in the hospital
he didnt get hurt he just went to hospice care so I could get some rest
as I have not had much sleep. Well enough of me hope everyone had a
wonderful Christmas sissy70

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Judy I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes though in your situation you need something like that to happen so that you really can get some rest for yourself. Hospice will take very good care of him I am certain. Now get some rest and think about yourself for a few days. That doesn't make you a bad person, not at all.

Sand Springs (Tulsa), OK(Zone 7a)

Hello all. Internet has been down since Thursday!!!!. Neener, so glad your box received and in one piece, and that you like it. Got to spend a WONDERFUL time with the Grandchildren. They were sooOOooOOoOoO excited to see me. We had a great time.

Belated MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, and a very Happy and prosperous NEW YEAR!!!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Sissy/Judy -- thinking of you and praying. I can relate a bit. I can't get my DH up either when he falls. He has to sit there until his meds kick in or if he can get to something close by or a chair to pull himself up, sometimes he can do that. You rest ... I know how much you need it!

Sending warm and gentle hugs Sissy and lots of prayers for you too. Think of you often.....

Blue Ridge Mtns, VA(Zone 7a)

My heart goes out to all of you caring for your loved ones in one way or another. Caretakers wear themselves out just maintaining, rarely get the rest they need, and don't receive nearly enough credit for the job they do.

Been wondering about you, Patti. So glad the short time you were able to spend with yours Grands turned out to be such a happy day! You needed some sunshine :)

Neener, since we ordered from the same place, she looks like Vera that I didn't order.

Photo is a ceramic Cherub ornament I painted in 1989. Lordy time flies.

Thumbnail by FruitOfTheVine

Thanks FOTV. It was a great day.

At least now I proved to hubby I am not 'addicted' to my internet. LOL

Leesburg, VA(Zone 7a)

That ornament is bodacious Fruitcake! Thinking of playing on some mud on Thursday if all goes well. Have this sculpture in my head that I can't get out, so I guess it is time.

Columbia City, IN(Zone 5b)

[quote="FruitOfTheVine"]My heart goes out to all of you caring for your loved ones in one way or another. Caretakers wear themselves out just maintaining, rarely get the rest they need, and don't receive nearly enough credit for the job they do.

Fruit you said it all Thank you.

I want lessons on how to paint eyes,LOL your cherubs are beautiful

This message was edited Dec 28, 2010 8:55 AM

I thank you also for it is not easy taking care of my Dad!
Lately he is fighting me with his dentures! I have tried every gooey paste, powder, sticky pads, and he still complains about food getting under them when he eats!
Any suggestions please???????

Super glue?????? :-)

LOL!

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

It sounds like his dentures need adjusting, his mouth has probably shrunk more so they don't fit well. My dad went through that. He said Ezo was working the best, then he went back to the dentist.

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, the gums do shrink. That might very well be the root of the problem.

I saw an ad on TV for Poly Grip Free, saying seeds wouldn't get up under them. Just FYI

They might be able to reline them,but it will be 150-200.00 sadly it is not cheap..

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yah, nothing is cheap anymore is it? :(

Wow, you would think they would consider the mouth will shrink, and wait till it does to make the dentures! Just another scam to get more money from your pocket!

well , unfortunately if you lose weight your dentures will not fit properly any more.My FIL was a dental tech had his own lab,made dentures and crowns and bridges for 50 years.a good fitting pair of dentures comes from a good impression or mold. The dh just had a wax try in yesterday,to make sure we liked the size and color of the teeth,then on jan 10th they will pull the 4 remaining teeth,and immediately gets his upper denture,since he will be having 4 teeth pulled the same day then they will wait I think 2-3 months for his gums to heal and shrink completely , then they reline the upper plate .this is the way dentures have been made forever.That is included in the price of the dentures,but if the dh would happen to loose say 30-40 lbs after he got his dentures he would have to pay to have them relined.Sadly it is not cheap ,certainly for our elderly..Umm is there a free dental clinic,Like we have Matthew 25 that provides dental care for lower income people,wish you were here I could get them relined for free for your dad..I work for a dentist that provides services for Matthew 25.Hope this helps

Oh I wish I was closer to you!
That is the story here. When Mom passed away, dad went to live with my brother in Washington. There he was placed on Medicaid and got all the work done on his teeth. Since then Dad has lost about 80 pounds! So I guess I need to go and get them fixed! Here in Texas they say he does not qualify for Medicaid so it is all out of pocket!!!

linda ,also look into a Dental collage that might be close to your area,they offer all kinds of services for cheap or almost free,it could be worth an hour or two drive..

Hi all ........ I got this really weird dmail this morning, and didn't know if I should report it or what. Did any of you get anything like this:

This D-Mail was a Group Blast to one of kaju32's group. Your replies to this D-Mail will only be seen by kaju32.

hi
this is ramdas in muscat.I am garden lover and want to introduce myself to all of u. if u are interested in communicationg me , kindly do it.
tel 0096899731435
kaju32@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Crit

Umm I dont like the way it sounds..Or maybe they are not understanding how DG works ???? I belong to Biker or Not and sadly there are guys that are constantly trying to scam anyone ,trying to get you to go somewhere else to chat,I dont go there..Im thinking they dont get how this works...but beware anyway

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

I occasionally get blasts, but they are from people I know. That sounds like a scam in the works. :(

Im with Carole.

Is there a way to report it?

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Did you go to the persons dg id and check her out? She maybe from a different country and doesn't understand.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Ok, I just went to the address exchange and couldn't find ramdas or kayju32, so you ought to report it to DG. Someone that doesn't even have a subscription is sending dmail blasts and you think it's a scam.

How do I do that?

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Just Dmail Melody Rose and she will take care of it.

Pittsburg, MO(Zone 6b)

Thsnkd Carole, CRS big time today. Plus trying to type with dog on lap.

Can't find Melody Rose in members list. I did send a dmail to admin. Maybe that will do it. THANKS!!!

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

Yes, Melody Rose is Admin. Sorry I didn't give enough info.

Just poppin' in to wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year. Hope it's your best ever!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.