Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Terrarium Gardening: Terrarium lighting?

Communities > Forums > Terrarium Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Terrarium GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 49
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ataraxia
Iowa City, IA
(Zone 5a)

December 29, 2010
12:42 PM

Post #8282248

I have a converted-aquarium terrarium that is currently happy in a north window. It contains a couple of smaller calatheas and fittonia (and a sad cryptanthus). I'd like to move it to a part of the house that doesn't have much natural light. Will a regular aquarium-top fluorescent light work for these guys? I want to make sure they have plenty of light, but I have no idea what kind of light or wattage to use so I don't bake the li'l guys.
MsCritterkeeper
The Heart of Texas, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2011
6:56 PM

Post #8321489

Yep, just a regular top & small watt bulb should do great. I use sun type bulbs for some that have flowering plants in them...it just gives them a different type/more useful light.

MsC

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Terrarium Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
How to start? LittleHippyGirl 3 Apr 9, 2007 7:08 AM
Terrarium Links begoniacrazii 42 Jun 21, 2007 2:52 PM
My new terrarium Plantcrazii 13 May 7, 2007 1:55 PM
Here is my terrarium Plantcrazii 37 May 6, 2007 6:00 PM
My new dart frogs/vivarium! clarkranch 14 Oct 31, 2007 8:11 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America